Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #11

*raises eyebrow* Can't say that anyone has ever told me that Kate! *LOL* Wasn't she in 'Bardot' with Sophie Monk? Will have to go surf the net and see if I can spot the resemblences!

I'm not sure I even know what you look like Kate! hehe You need to put up some photos of yourself on Jasmine's website pronto! *L* Oh my goodness on that phone call...*LMAO* That receptionist would have been so embarassed!

Edited to add: Did anyone else have a baby who spat out rice cereal? I stopped giving Maddy solids for a few days as she just wasn't really interested, tried plain rice cereal again at lunchtime and she spat it everywhere. She was the same with the vegie puree too...
    Last edited by Beckibee; June 14th, 2006 at 02:17 PM.

beck alot of bubs hate the rice cereal. you could try pumpkin or sweet pot just by itself. Otherwise try some fruit. THere's nothing wrong wiht giving a bit of apple or pear first. Also, it's early days, she doenst' need it yet, so don't worry if she refuses. Keep trying. It was like when Coco tried prune jucie, she hated it, but grew to love it!!
    I hadn't thought about you and Katie underwood, I suppose you're similarish..! I used to get Muriel, what a shocker. I did have darker hair and was a bit bigger...not the best to look like!! now I get Gretel! (sometimes even I can see the similarities. We both have big bags under our eyes!!!hee hee).
    gotta go, missy getting very bored and frustrated...JOIN THE CLUB!! I have just eaten the cupboards bare. I must get out more often xoox

*LOL* Meg, we go shopping tomorrow night and I am bored by the options left. Had 2-minute noodles for lunch yesterday so I don't feel like a repeat. Just had a bowl of Coco-pops! *hangs head* Had toast for breakfast so wasn't too bothered to having bread again for lunch.

I have a few salad things here but can't find the energy to make a salad,although I may prepare some for dinner tonight with the leftover steak. State of Origin on tonight...I'm kind of hoping that QLD just wins (I'm a NSW supporter) as I hate one-sided series and then the 3rd match will be pointless. I want to see it come down to the last match otherwise it's just boring.

I get the Gretel comparison (although not the 'bags' *L*) with you; definately not the Muriel in the past one though!

I tried Maddy on plain mashed pumpkin but she HATED it. She liked plain potato and her first try at pear & cereal but didn't like it afterwards. Dont get the pumpkin hate...I LOVE pumpkin, could eat it until the cows come home. Will have to buy lots of vegies this week to try on her. Will keep persevering though...thanks for the suggestions!

Well, I'm not sure I like Maddy's new habit of pooing every 2 or 3 days rather than every 2nd nappy. Sure, it means cheaper shopping bill as I'm only using 5 or so nappies a day instead of 8-10; but that is one full & nasty nappy when she does finally poo now. Never fails to amaze me how many crevices and fat rolls she can hide poop in! *LOL*
    Last edited by Beckibee; June 14th, 2006 at 03:45 PM.

Right, i am officially depresed and having teh worst month ever. Our sale fell through....the couple had to meet the neighbours (damn company titles) and they were turned off by them!!! I am SOOOOOOOO furious at our stupid neighbours. It is lucky tim is at work, he is fuming and all ready to give a huge ear bashing to the main culprit (96 year old upstairs), she could well die of shock...which wouldn't really harm our cause..Anyway, they told the couple they would never be able to lease the apartment out, which isnt' actually legal, so we are getting legal advice and seeing if we can sue for the deposit we missed out on. Probably not, but we're paying so much in levies Im sure they can afford it!!

Just so depressing. It's getting really hard for us to cope here and we were so excited. Particularly tilly. I dread tellling her the bad news.

Then to top itoff, just went to get coco immunised and after waiting 1 HOUR found out there was another person in front of me, so I stormed out. (I always have to wait at this Drs and they are NOT cheap), so have re-booked for tomorrow morning at another Docs. Just typical. I had given coco panadol and now feel bad about that (although she is sleeping now)!!!

Why oh why.

anyway, on a better note, Beck, have fun watching the footy!! Coco pops sound YUM!! Coco has gone from never pooing to pooing 5 or more times a day!! Go figure!! So now we're using more nappies than ever!! I used to be able to get away with going out without a nappy bag, now I need nappies constantly.

gotta go and have a pity party!! xoxoxoxo

OMG...that is so crappy! I hope you can get that deposit you missed out on! And her I was thinking my woes to do with money were bad, you guys have had a really rough time as of late! {{{{{hugs}}}} I wish there was something more I could do, but all I can do is to offer an ear if you want to vent!

As for the GP...that is SO slack of them, I know from my FIL how behind time they run if the medical centre insists on allowing only 15mins for a standard consultation. An hour late and still being second in line is just ridiculous...plus it was for an infant's immunisations. I don't know how they can expect you to sit around for an hour with a young child. Do they not have a clinic nurse doing the injections? (Just realised that at the medical center where we go sometimes, the nurse will not do the injections until after the GP has given the baby the go-ahead).

Hope that everything starts to run smoothly for you soon!

Thanks Beck, here's hoping!! Im feeling like a blocked duct is coming on, so just hoping that doesn't crop up as well!!! Hopefully Coco will take some milk before bed, I have filled her up so much on dinner plus a formula bottle. Oh well, will give it a go!!
    Hope everyone sleeps well! xoxo

Kate that is hilarious!! I love how you kept her going before telling her Jasmines age! lol!

Meg Sydney sounds like a lovely place! Someday I will have to visit Australia! Someday will probably be in many many many years after the kids are grown and we can afford to take a trip like that, but it is on my list of things to do! Here in the US the first thing we think of, in general, when we hear Australia, is kangaroos! How common are they where you all live? Do they just hop around in the wild? I always wondered...forgive me for sounding so naive, but I am!

I hope the needles went smoothly today!

Abby was up sooo much last night! I just dont get it! Some nights she just gets up every 1.5 hours or so and goes back to sleep but not before I am wide awake! Argh! Well, she's a yellin again, so I better go!

Oh and a quick something I read in the november thread...
    Has any of you have found your hair is falling out after birth? Mine is like CRAZY! Even the hairdresser was shocked at the amount in the brush! When will that stop???

Have a great day!

Sarajo, re the kangaroos. Just from my experience, It depends on where you live. When I was living in Mudgee (In the central west of NSW), a few people who I knew who lived out of town would see kangaroos, possums, koalas & foxes around their property, but they were usually surrounded by bush or something. So I only saw a couple in the wild then when I'd travel through the country, mostly I saw dead kangaroos on the side of the road There were a lot of farms & vineyards in that area so the kangaroos are considered pests by some people.

Now I just get to see them at the local "Reptile Park" which funnily enough has a lot more than just reptiles lol.. I only get to see possums & fruit bats, plus lots of native birds where I live now.

I hope that all made sense.

Kate, Yay @ Jasmine saying Mum! Personally I would believe it's not a coincidence, but Logan has been doing things like that for the past month. Sometimes I think it's a coincidence, but Mum insists he means it. Of course only Mum & I have heard him but I'm still thinking he means to say it.

Sorry I missed out by an hour or so but HAPPY 6 MONTHS JASMINE! I hope the needles went ok.

LOL @ her first phone call.. that's classic.

On people looking like famous people I used to get told I looked like Alanis Morrisette LOL but that was when I was in high school and I has really long wavy hair. I didn't mind since I use to love her music.

Meg, Sorry things are so depressing atm. I am so annoyed about your neighbours scaring off the buyers that is just wrong!

Logan had his immunisations on Tuesday. He kept trying to grab the needle from the lady, and then she stuck it in his leg and OMG, he got so upset and turned his head to glare at me and scream. Then we got him settled down so he could get the next one and started screaming again. So I had to give him a feed before we left and the nhe seemed fine. He has been a little unsettled, but not as bad as last time. Yay no more needles for 6 months!

Mum was looking after Logan on Saturday and she said that he said "Dad" & "dadda".

I can't sleep. I've just finished making two batches of mars bar slice and some home-made ferrero rocher. It's for something I have to go to tonight. Plus I felt like making them.. I had to take one of the cats to the vet tonight to have her euthanised. She was 16yrs (which apparently equivilant to her being 80yrs old), she only had one eye and the taxi that brought Mum home last night, backed over her leg Most of the taxi drivers know us and they always check to see where all the cats (We have three that hang around outside until Mum gets home at night) are before they back out, but this one mustn't have. Plus she never goes behind the cars. Mum was trying to make her get out of the way, but he reversed before she could. Mum said she heard him run over her leg and the driver just kept going.. I was holding her and I could feel something was broken, turned out she had a fractured pelvis, poor girl. The Vet didn't think she would really recover well from anything they could do to help her and any surgery may have killed her because of her heart condition.

Anyway, I should try to get some sleep. I hope you all have a good day

Wow I just realized I missed an entire page of posts!

Melly, sorry about the kitty! That is rough... I cant imagine dead kangaroos on the side of the road! They must have done some damage to the vehicles that hit them!!

Meg wow what a day for you! What crumby neighbors! And the nerve of the doctors office...do they think a 6 month old will wait hours on end and then be ok with needles? Grrr!

Beck Abby loves sweet potatos! Well, and green beans, bananas, carrots, peas, apples...I guess she is not a good example! BUT she does not like plain cereal! Just keep trying different things, or wait awhile and try again. It wont hurt her to wait and try solids again in a couple weeks, right?

Well, Abby is on to stage 2 foods, and loved vegetables, turkey, and barley today!

I go to the dentist today...yuk yuk yuk! I am not looking forward to it! yuk again! I dont know why I hate it so much! I just dont think so many hands should be in my mouth! Ew! And the cleaning always is too rough for my taste! Oh well!

Have a good night!!

Sami Guest

Morning,

Sorry I went missing yesterday. Something is wrong with our computer!

Meg - how did you go with the needles? I can't beleive that they made you wait an hour. That is pathetic. Don't worry about giving her the panadol. It won't harm her. Bailey still hasn't had any reaction which is great and is still sleeping.

Melly - I'm so sorry to here you having to go through that awful time. I had to put my cat down a few years ago and still now when I think about her I cry.

Talking about solids Bailey loves his rice cereal. So I decided last night to try him on pumpkin. Well that is a different story. He was spitting it out and pretending to choke on it. Very funny. So I went back to the rice cereal will give the vegies a go another night.

Talk to you all soon.

Sarajo, no kangaroos in sydney, only at the zoo!!! I think Ive seen a kanga once in the wild in my life (somewhere out of sydney in the bush) The rest have been at zoo's/wildlife parks!!
    Go Abby with the new foods!! I'll be starting coco on meat etc at 7 months, just giving her time to adjust (and it's easier for me)!!
    She slept ok last night but not good enough, I am going to start (tomorrow night) not feeding her at all at night, and just resettling her. Could be very noisy, but Im not worried aobut her waking the neighbours, they deserve it!! hopefully tilly will sleep through it.
    We're still so disappointed about not selling. Coming so close is worse than not coming close at all. We're getting one of our "good" neighbours to put in a last call to the potential buyers and basically beg them to buy. Plus we've sorted out their problems, although I do think it's too late.
    Tim ripped into teh neighbours. Both the culprits are 90 plus, so didn't do alot of good (aside from the fact their hard of hearing, they wouldn't have known WHAT he was saying). Thing that peeves me is that they didn't even show any understanding or sorrow for losing the sale. Surely they'd understand how upsetting it is for us. Well, obviously not.
    gotta run, I crap on so much. Off for needles in an hour, poor baby. I hate it!! Hope everyone elses needles went ok, talk later xoxoox

Awe be a brave girl, Coco! The needles only hurt for a minute, and then you get hugs and kisses from mummy!

MEG here I was picturing a bunch of little hoodlum neighbors in their early 20's! If they are in their 90's plus that is a different story! They are probably very much set in their ways by now~! I hope you sell soon...how dissapointing for you!

Jillian I am glad I am not the only one! I find my hair all over my house, and after a shower, good grief! It looks like I have chewbaca's shower floor! lol!

Sami how funny that bailey likes rice cereal better than pumpkin! When Abby first tried veggies, she had a weird look, and I would giver her the same veggie 3 days in a row and by the third day she would gobble it right up! The first day she is always much more apprehensive about a new food! Let us know if he does the same thing tomorrow! You should catch that on film...sounds like it would be a funny movie!

Dentist appt went rather well, but one of my old fillings is breaking down so I have to get it re-filled after I get back from Ohio! Oh well! They told me they can do it on a Saturday so thats a plus!

Glad dentist went well Sarajo!!
    Thing about our stupid neighbours is that they're SO old, why on EARTH do they really care what is happening. They're late 90.s, they can't be around that much longer. THey are soooo set in their ways and stuck in the past it is NOT funny. Thing is there are afew younger owners now who will be taking over, and I just hope the old's are around to see it!!!
    The amazing thing is how *****y the oldies have gotten. All Tim did was go to tell them how upset we are about the meeting and they start getting *****y. Eg. telly your wife to clean the laundry (we have share laundry, and I have purposely taken over a machine to pee them off. Plus I have a lot of laundry to do...) and then they said "I used to live in a unit with 4 people and we managed". EXCUSE ME!....don't we have freedom of choice, to MOVE if we want to move? Imagine telling us to put up with it..we want to move as 1)my eldest daughter feels like she's imprisoned, 2) it's not baby proof and can't be made babyproof and 3) I CANT share a room with a bub. Not that I'd bother telling her this, because it's IRRELEVANT!!!
    Ok, sorry, i get a bit emotional and carried away. We are getting legal advice today. My FIL is a barrister and has said we should sue for what we're missing out on (buying into a buyers market and a sale), so we're contacting his lawyer friend and seeing what has to be done!!
    talk soonxoxoxox

Meg I would just leave my laundry there, what old biddies! How frustrating. Well, take what they say lightly, knowing that you are on on your way out, weather they like it or not! You dont have to explain anything to them! You are right, they are so old you would think they wouldnt care anymore! Older people just do not like change, and you trying to move out means they have to meet new neighbors. Maybe they dont like that! Too bad! I hope you sell quickly! The sooner the better!

Meg, I hope your good neighbour will help talk the prospective buyers into continuing with the sale. This'll sound horrible but if the 'bad' neighbours are in their 90s, they're probably going to pass away in the near future so it's not like they'd have to put up with them for long. Silly old biddies!!

Best of luck at the needles little Coco!

tiggy Guest

Hi Girls!

Jillian, thanks for asking about Ivy and Noah.
    Noah is fine, back to his normal self. Ivy has been quite unwell. Not hospital worthy but enough to have me worried. She's not sick anymore but is still not right, iykwim.
    Her poor bottom hasn' recovered and her reflux is really irritated, so she's grotty, cranky and unsettled and hard work! Oh well.
    On the Friday I got it too but it was short lived.

I hope everyone else is feeling a whole lot better too!
    Meg, so sorry about your sale falling through

ETA: I live in the Hunter Valley and there are Kangaroos and wildlife everywhere. In Autumn and Spring you have to be really careful driving around dusk because they jump out at you everywhere. LOL DH calls a certain part of the road "FAZ" - furry animal zone.

Hey ladies!

Had a MUCH better night after Maddy finally went to sleep! We went to my Dad's to watch the State of Origin and Maddy just wasn't interested in sleeping when we got home. She cried in her cot inconsollably until just after midnight. Gave her another feed and then left her to settle herself. I fell asleep around 1am with her still mumbling her unhappiness. Woke up with a start at 2am and she was snoozing away on her belly. DH woke me up at 5am going to the toilet and she was starting to wake up. She didn't get out of bed until 7:30am and she gave me the most beautiful 'Hello Mummy!' smile! So all in all she slept somewhere between 51/2 & 6hrs straight! Oh and she went down without a cry at midday for her nap too.

BRB for some personals....just been cooking 2-min noodles for lunch & their ready. Better scoff them while Maddy is in bed.

Tiggy sorry to hear Ivy is not 100%, hope she improves soon. Glad you weren't sick for long.
    I just got home from mums group, so good to get out. coco had needles at 10.30am and for the first one she didn't cry at all, and the second she cried for less than 10 secs, so hope she continues feeling good.
    gotta run, she's calling out, getting bored! Time for some milk!
    xox

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast