Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #11

HAPPY 6th MONTH BIRTHDAY BAILEY!

Glad to hear everything is busy but going ok Sami!

Sami Guest

Thanks Beck.

I can't believe that I have been a Mummy for 6 months. It is just the best job ever. I love it.

HAPPY 6 MONTHS BAILEY!!

Today is Ben(DH)birthday..i'm baking him a choc fudge cake..owen and i got him a pair of ian thorpe undies and a photo frame with 3 spaces.in the 1st one i put a piece of card that says 'dear daddy, happy birthday, love owen' with a little picture he drew. the 2nd(centre)space has a cute pic of him and owen and the 3rd one has owens hand print in blue paint. was very cheap(under $25) and he loved it so am very happy!!

Owen's having a good day too.He woke up at 4.30am for a feed(but had gone to bed a 6pm last night and hadn't made a peep since)then didn't want to go back to sleep so we got up at 5.30 and he's had two 2hr sleeps since that!!and has just gone back down for a sleep again!!

Just a question..is anyones bubs dramatically decreasing their breast/bottle milk intake? We have only just started bottles, due to breast refusal, but after a week of sucking them down like mad(200-250ml), over the last few days he has started throwing total tantrums if we try to get him to have anymore than about 100ml/bottle..he is only having 3 bottles/day(+one at night if he wakes at 2 or 3ish)He is on 3 meals/day but i know that their main intake should still be milk at this age..i've tried giving bottles before food and vice versa and it makes no difference..any ideas??Am starting to get very stressed!!

I have a SC in my linen press, never used it and it's still in the box..Ben absolutely hates casserole/stews(which sux since i love them)and i thought that that's all they were good for..can't believe you can do sag bol in it!!!will have to check out this recipe thread!!

Mel, I can't believe our DP missed your PND night..you would think he would know that he's skating on thin ice!!i'd buy him a diary!!hope you're ok and i'm glad that at least he can take logan so that you can have a break!!

Meg, is tilly happy her dad is here?How are you coping with all of you as well as tilly's dad in your unit??must be such a squeeze!!
    Beck glad that maddy's sleeping seems to be improving..is having her in her own room helping??
    Everybody i've missed, have a great day!!I hope you're all well!!
    xx

HAPPY 6 MONTHS BAILEY!!!!!!!

Christie, don't stress about teh milk. Same thing has happened to my entire mothers group. Also coco's top ups used to be 200mls are now 30-100mls. I don't think she gets that much breastmilk either. I'd say they're just fuller and need less milk. Keep offering it first and see how you go. By 6 months they can be on three milk feeds a day, so don't worry too much. Give tresillian a call on their 24 hour line if you're concerned, but it sounds totally normal to me. Also bubs do take what they need. Mabye you could offer him water in between feeds.

Beck, i am leaving it on slow today. Had a read and it is ok to do on slow, but in future might try auto. I think I'll have a good read of the SC recipe thread.

Im ok with tillys dad being here for a nigth (yes, too squishy and he snores like a train engine, so I'lll prob sleep crap) but we're still friends and tilly is so happy. She was excited to see him and went off to school excited to know he'll be here later!

hope everyone's having a good day. The smell of teh lamb shanks are making me sooooooo hungry. YUM YUM
    xoxoox

Grrr...should have trusted the SC thread girlies instead of my slow cooker instructions. Seems Auto for the past 3 1/2 hours was a little too high and some of the sauce was starting to dry out around the edges. So I turned it down to low for another 1/2hr and added some water. Bit worried that it's going to be overcooked so I've turned it off for now and I'll put it on for 1/2hr before DH gets home this afternoon.

That's great news about Tilly being excited that her Dad's here Meg, and that you all get along fine. I wish all former couples could get on so well for the sake of their children!

Christie - Happy birthday to your DH! Hope he enjoyed his day, that present from you & Owen sounds so sweet. I'm not sure about the milk query; although I suspect that some MCHNs might suggest you cut down on some of their food if they're not hungry for milk. Are you feeding him milk first and then solids; or the other way around? I have no idea, Maddy is still on the slow with solids...we're just doing booby feeds and then once a day we try a few teaspoons of some kind of vegetable or fruit.

Beck, we are such beginners on the SC!!! I feel so niave!! Anyway, I am leaving mine on slow today, and will just follow the bb recipes in future. THe shanks are from the website that bb recommended, Just slow cooking, have you had a look? SOOO many recipes!!
    Better run, I could talk about food all day!! Gotta go and get tilly soon. Coco's still asleep, hope she sleeps until we go, but also don't want to have to wake her!!
    Christie that present does sound very sweet, good idea too!!! Might be a good one for the inlaws, and all the aunties and uncles (most coco and tilly's aunts and uncles range from teh ages of 9-22)!!!
    hope everyone else is doing well xoxoo

edited to add: Rach where have you gone?? Sarajo, hope you and Abby are doing well too, Tiggy hope Ivy is better. Kate, where are you?? xoxo

tiggy Guest

Hi girls,
    Meg, Sadly, Ivy is no better. She threw up all day yesterday and today there is blood in her vomit again. I called the paed who can't fit us in until next Wednesday but suggested re establishing BF. This is going to be alot harder than it sounds, me thinks. I sent off a question in the BF section of BB and an email to ABA and also to my good friend who is a lactation consulatant. I said Ivy attached ok still...well she did before I sent off the emails! So she is all out of sorts today too and my boobs hurt from chomping and pumping!! Hehe, other than that, we are just having a quiet day at home.
    Noah has decided that he doesn't want to be wrapped any more, thank you very much and is currently asleep with his arms up over his head!
    All this slow cooking talk has me intrigued but I am cooking quiche tonight!

Hope you are all well. Will catch up better when I get my head around the BFing thing

Sami Guest

Thanks for your birthday wishes.

He is being a good boy today. Slept for an hour this morning and is down again now.

Bailey decided the other night that he didn't want to be wrapped and was half way up his cot on his stomach when I went in. I'm still wrapping him (tighter now) and he is happy. So I will continue this. I'm still feeding Bailey but he seems to be feeding a lot more at the moment - I think it might be because he is on the go a bit more - not sure.

I'm going shopping tomorrow to buy a SC. They sound great.

I have to sit down and read back over the messages - I've missed so much that has gone on. Sorry guys not really keeping up with things at the moment.

Hello Ladies,
    Well what a long night it was in this house last night. If I had of known Jett was going to be up I wouldnít have gone for a big walk and done all the weeding in the garden. I am feeling a little sore now. My garden beds looked like a jungle.
    Jett has been up most of the night with a block nose and cough, Oh yes time for the cold to be passed around this house. Never mind it will just build his immune system for later in life.
    Meg Ė do you find it hard to keep Coco asleep because you are in a smaller place. Our place is very tiny and the noise just carries. The TV in the lounge is just 10 steps away from Jettís bedroom door.
    I am with Beck, it is great that you all get along fine, my parents canít really stand each other, (guess that would have something to do with my step mum being my mumís ex best friend, opps!!).
    Sam - I know what you mean about wrapping, everyday I say today is the day that I am going to stop wrapping Jett. I always go back to wrapping cause he wonít settle if I donít. Good news on Bailey liking the sweet potato. How did you go with the cook book?
    Hope that Helen was okay today?(That is our MCHN, she is a pain in the butt)
    Tiff Ė No good to hear about Ivy being sick, poor pumpkin. Hopefully all goes well with the BF issue, will be thinking of you all.
    Beck - porcupines meatballs, OMG I haven't had them in years, my mouth is watering and it is only 10:30am. I think I could scoff some door now, .
    I am so going to get a SC this week, providing my sickie boy gets better, not taking him out in the freezing cold, it is foggy as this morning.
    Christie - How sweet that present is. I did kinda the same thing for my parents and bens parents and christmas time. five B&W photo's in a big frame, it was so cute as he was newborn in the pictures.Where did our tiny babies go??
    Well I am off to try amd get some of my washing dried, I am rotating it on the clothes airer.

Hey ladies....what a dreary day! It's been raining since yesterday and typically as soon as I did three loads of wash to hang out! Boo....

Gonna have to come back later...Maddy is in a treat of a mood today. All clingy and keeps crying; rough night's sleep too.

Hi guys, how's everyone doing. Beck, hope you've had some rest today.
    Dani, hope Jett's feeling ok, I can sympathise, it was a LONG ten days when coco and myself were sick...
    Dani, had to laugh, my dad has been with his current girlfriend for 8 years and she is my mums ex best friend!! Sounds similar to your sitch!!
    Yes, the noise is a bummer here, I feel that the TV has to be down very low, and Im always shushing people. I always have her heartbeat cd on though, because wer're at the front of the block ANYONE walking in or out is clearly heard from our bedroom. Thus I got the cd and it drowns out some noise. I also try to have some noise for her to get used to , but she does wake from rubbish trucks, loud voices etc.. nightmare
    gotta run adn take the girls to jazz. Hope everyone has had agood day.
    PS Im doing sausage casserole in SC tomorrow, Im excited!!!

Sami Guest

Hey guys,

Visited our MCHN today - Helen wasn't there (on holidays again!!). Everything is good.

I made a sausage casserole for dinner tonight as well. Yum yum. My MIL makes porcupines meatballs and they as so yummy.

Sounds like everyone has a little one that is sick. I hope Ivy is getting better and I also hope that Jett is feeling better and you get some sleep tonight Dani. There is nothing worse that having a little one that isn't well and you need your sleep.

Anyway Bailey has just woken (little bugger has only been down for half an hour).

I will get on and chat properly (hopefully) tomorrow.

Kisses and hugs to everyone

Opps meant to say -

Sarajo hope the floods didn't effect you and that you are okay??

hi all can't stay on long, owens feral as he's just cut his 2nd tooth in 4 days!!but i just wanted to know what pocupine meatballs are!?! sound good and popular!!!

Arggghh....what has happened to my sleeping baby?! The only time Maddy has slept since Monday night has been on me. She slept about 20mins during the day yesterday and didn't go to bed until after midnight last night - and only when I took her to bed with me. She's fighting sleep and screams blue murder every time I put her down. I have no idea what to do?

Oh Beck, you poor thing. Have you tried doing what you did before, teaching her to settle herself? She may just be really really overtired nad therefore finding it very hard to drift off. Maybe it's worth doing 45 mins of going in and out settling.
    Im sorry I don't have any more advice.
    Our stupid newspaper deliverer is slamming the papers outside our wall again. I am convinced that one of the old biddies has rung and told him to bring them inside. They were thumped down at 4.45am this morn, and if it happens tomorrow (im taking a letter oup today) I am going out and throwing them over the edge (we have a joint garden downstairs...hope it's raining>). I have had it with our absolute inconsiderate, sabotaging mean old neighbours.
    You would think they might try to show a bit of consideration to a 6 month old, it's not like she's done anything wrong.
    there's my whinge.gotta go, Im finally getting my hair done today. My roots are a mile long!!
    talk later and beck, I hope maddy has slept for you xoxo\
    ps Im doing sausage casserole today. do you think it matters I've only got half a kilo of sausages ?recipe says 1 kilo

Sami Guest

Beck - you poor thing. I had one really bad night with Bailey and I spoke to the MCHN number (132229) they advised that I should give Bailey an over warm bath (with no soap or anything) to settle him, then fed him and put him to bed and it worked an absolute treat. That is the only thing I can suggest.

Meg - sounds like your neighbours are absolute pills. Same with our neighbours they have a dog and it howls every time the old girl goes out and it drives me in sane. It was howling at midnight last night - I'm sure that the old girl wasn't out partying!!!! Just adjust the recipe for half a kilo of sausages - it will be fine.

Bailey has just gone to bed and I might have an early lunch.

Opps - my brain isn't working .....

Dani how is Jett going with his cold? I hope that he is okay and that you are getting a bit more sleep.
    Last edited by Trillian; June 21st, 2006 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Double post

Thanks ladies...I really appreciate the support.

Well she's finally gone down for a little nap although she's only been down for 20mins so far. *sigh* I'm so tired, I could do with a 24hr sleep! Eeek....

Sami - thanks for the suggestion with the bath...I didn't give her one yesterday and she's due for one today so perhaps she'll go down better with one tonight once we get back from the airport.

Meg - ARGGHHHH on your behalf about your old mean neighbours! That is so rough...surely the sleep of a little 6 month old is more important that whether two cranky old ladies (who are obviously healthy enough to still live on their own and not in nursing homes!) need to walk an extra 5 metres for their newspapers?

Oh and I made the sausage casserole the other day with 600grams of sausages and it was still delish!

Hi Everyone!

I have to catch up, but I hope you are all well.

Jasmine's top teeth seem to be coming through and well remember how the bottom two didnt affect her at all? Well these ones must be making up for it! She is still sleeping at night, but the day seems so long when she is grizzly all day. Mind you the other night she woke up at 5.30am and I almost died LOL She went back to sleep within 30 minutes and then slept til 11.30am but omg getting up in the night/early morning really screwed me up for the entire day. I admire you girls, I had forgotten what it was like and took Jasmines patterns for granted. I just dont know how you guys do it! Super women!!!!

Anyway, Im off to the dentist again, Im seeing the Oral Surgeon today and Im totally petrified because were making a date for surgery argh!!! Atleast after that though all my dental problems should be behind me!

Take Care everyone

Hope you are all well and so are your gorgeous babies!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast