Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #12

Guess what?!!?! HE GOT THE JOB!!!! A $55k package which is about $15 base more than he is getting right now. *does a happy dance* This is sooo good, although John now has to tackle his current work and tell them he's finishing up in a week. They're going to spit chips but he doesn't care that much, they've treated him fairly badly in the past few months.

WTG on the two sleeps Coco! *hugs* Keep that up for Mummy 'cause she needs a break or two.

Edited to add: DH just rang his current work and they were actually ok about it, although there is a meeting tomorrow to nut it all out.
    Last edited by Beckibee; July 4th, 2006 at 04:06 PM.

Yey Beck!!! Congrats to John!!! Yes, does this mean you'll be joining us in Sydney??
    xo

*LMAO* Nope, no Sydney for at least 6 months as the contract they were originally take him on for was for a Brisbane client. If all goes well we will probably relocate to Sydney in the New Year; unless of course they get new clients in Brisbane (it is a Sydney based company) and John'll probably stay to work on those new projects. I love Brisbane, but I don't mind if we have to move to Sydney for a job for DH if it makes him feel happy & satisified with his job situation.

Thanks for the support girls! We're off for a celebratory coffee now; this has been a long time coming! BBL....

WOW Good things are happening to the December buddies!!! Hope good fortune is coming to us all!!

Christie. WOW. I left you a message on the pregnancy news thread this morning and I just cant tell you how happy I am for you. I think its wonderful news and I hope you have a happy, healthy trouble free pregnancy. I hope you keep us updated with all the news. I cant wait to hear about ultrasounds and all the pregnancy stuff.
    My brother is 18 months younger than me, he is one of my best friends. We are very close. We live around the corner of each other and we have the same group of friends and we have had for the last 10 years or so. I think its because we are fairly close in age. When looking at my older sister, who is 7 years older than me.... and both myself and my brother hate her and we dont even talk to her at all. Because of that Ive contemplated a sibling for Jasmine, but I have heaps to get through this year but if all goes well I should only be a 6-7 months behind you! Anyway Im just over the moon for you and your family. How exciting for Owen to be a big brother and to have someone to play with. Hope you didnt throw all your baby stuff away, or get rid of anything!!

Beck OMG YAYAYAYAYAY!!! WTG Johnathon on the new job. Well done. Its well earnt and I hope its the perfect job. Im so happy for you both. Thats great news! Id be cracking open the champagne!

Meg Thanks for asking. Im much better now. Not exactly 100% but I have to get better because I have surgery NEXT Monday for my teeth. Cant believe its so soon. Im freaking out completely. Jasmine is good. She seems to have slowed right down the past couple of days. No more energetic rolling around or trying to "crawl" or anything. She just sits around ..... pmsl YAY on Coco sitting up too! She will be walking before you know it. Happy 7 month birthday too for the weekend just past. 7 months. I cant believe it. I really cant.

Bugger I have forgotten everything else. I have to post and edit lol

Dani Sounds like you had a good night out. I know what you mean about feeling old when you come home from a night out. I dont know how I used to go out from Friday after work and not come home til Sunday and live on about 2 hours sleep the whole weekend. I must have been crazy! Im excited for you with the new job! Im sorry I have forgotten, when do you start?? YAY on getting Jett into childcare. Spaces are pretty rare around here! You must be excited about going back to work, if only for that adult interaction! Jett will be fine. It must be hard to part with him, but you know your son better than anyone and if he wouldnt handle it, Im sure you would know. I have my days where I think about going back to work, but then I remember that I dont get to shop when Im working.....pmsl

Clare Excellent news about Torin. How did he go today? How was getting the cast off?? I hope it went well today. Poor little baby! It seemed to heal quickly though, so thats a great sign. I hope his helpful siblings take it easy on him for a while!

Melly Your course sounds excellent and I think it will be great for you. Also I think Logan will be fine. What you are doing now by studying will only make life better for both of you. I would love to have the patience to study! I PMSL @ ur post about Logans Dad. I thought things were going ok with Michael? Im shocked to see he hasnt been seeing Logan regulary. I thought he would have been busting his butt to impress you with what a great guy/father he can be. You know how they try that on every now and then? lol. Im sorry. Good that Logan doesnt remember him though, might give him something to think about. "a refugee from the 60s" love it! Other than that I hope you are well

If I have missed anyone, of course I have, Im sorry!!!

I ordered Jasmines photos today from incharacter, Im so happy with them. The prints will come in around 4 weeks! Such a long time but I did order alot. Close to $2000 worth. I cant believe I spent that much on photos! I have these huge poster size ones for the wall, a few A4 size prints and 56 photos in a box set, slideshows etc etc I cant wait to show you guys. I was going to save some of the previews but theyre watermarked really well so you cant even see them much. I just cant wait. Jasmine looks great and they took out alot of the redness from her teething rash cheeks, so they just look perfect! Anyway Im freezing my butt off so Im going to go back to the living room and grab a doona I think! Jasmine is sleeping again...... She sleeps so much in the cold!! Oh btw we have a better pattern now. Jasmine just up and decided to change her sleeping pattern, which of course I just follow her lead, but now we go to sleep at 9pm (much better for her than 10-11) and we wake at 9am. I really think the solid foods made her change her pattern! Anyway now Im getting up earlier in the morning, the days seem so bloody long! LOL Im so lazy
    Last edited by k8ty; July 4th, 2006 at 04:45 PM.

tiggy Guest

Hey kate,
    So glad to hear that you loved the Bubsincharacter photos!
    Can't wait to see them

Tiggy I forgot to tell you!! The girl asked me did I know anyone who has had BIC do their babies pics and I said "Actually I do. Ive seen a couple of photos and I loved them" Then of course they asked me the name of the babies and I said "Ivy and Noah, the twins" and they were a bit hazy and then they asked me YOUR name and I was like "Ummm, well her forum name is tiggy" PMSL Anyway they said they remembered your twins, but I wasnt convinced, considering by the end of the photo shoot, the guy was calling me Karen! I couldnt believe I forgot your name was Tiff! LOL I think they meant, did I know anyone in person! Come to think of it, I think I might have told them twice! Once when I booked and again on the day, and neither time did I get it right! Im so hopeless with names!

I love them though, just walking into that studio with all those photos, I felt my wallet start shrinking immediately LOL! Thanks for the recommendation. Im so excited!!!!
    Last edited by k8ty; July 4th, 2006 at 05:35 PM.

tiggy Guest

kate,we spent heaps too, it's so easy and i'm heading there again. i asked for follow up piccies of the twins for my birthday.

PS at least they called you Karen they just said "ewwww she pooed on our last black sheet" to us!!!!

Kate, It's just Logans grandfather who hasn't seen Logan in months & looks like a hippie/bogan. Sorry if that sounds mean, he can be a nice guy, some times, but there was a bit of whinging going on about Michaels Mum & step-dad. Which I think is annoying because I like them (they have been really nice to me & my family) so I didn't want to hear all the whinging. Michael has been coming round to visit a bit lately. I still don't know if I actually want him to hah! But at least he is making more of an effort to see Logan.

Gotta go have dinner. BBL

Omg lol Sorry Melly! Im such an idiot!! How did I get that out of it? Oh well thats heaps better! I must admit I was sooooo confused but didnt trust my instincts that were telling me something didnt make sense there! It plainly says Michaels Dad but I think I must have processed it as Logans Dad! Now its funny, and not sad! Im glad Michael is making an effort! You dont have to make up your mind about him in a hurry. Just take your time and what will be will be. This way youre in total control anyway!! Sorry again about that...... maybe I should get my eyes checked!

*runs away*

Hi Ladies,
    My goodness what a crappy day/night I have had.
    Jett has been so so grumpy. Nothing I have done has eased any of his pain. He woke this morning at 3am and didnít go back to sleep until 8am. He was just crying the whole time. I think all up he has had about 1 hour today, Poor little thing.
    We went to the doctor on Monday as this flu has been hanging around for a while. He said that nothing we can do, I just want to ease my babyís pain and nothing is helping.
    Having some sleep now, only got a few hours last night.
    Hopefully I will get a chance for some personals tomorrow.
    Tiggy - My PND is running wild today,
    Take care all

{{{DANI}}} Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it...hope that Jett sleeps all night for you, so that you can get a good night's sleep. Hope that nasty flu backs itself out of your house real soon too.

Kate - those photos sound sooo gorgeous. I'd love to go and get the next set of Maddy's photos done but until DH gets his first pay (which will be in about a month as they pay monthly in this new job), we don't have any money to spare. You will have to scan the photos when you get the package so that we can see little Jasmine in all her gorgeousness! Good luck for your teeth surgery too...I'm sure you'll be fine once it's all done!

Well Maddy is asleep so I'm off to bed. Hope you all have a great night's sleep!

Hi everyone!!
    Well, 24 hours and no dummy!! So excited. Not the best night, but improvement on night before. She only slept until 3am and was then awake until 4am (I ended up patting her to sleep ) then woke at 5am, but because I hadn't gone back to sleep since 3am, I just thought stuff it and went to sleep. Didn't hear from her until 7.30am!! All with no dummy!! Can you tell Im excited! It will just make such a difference not needing anything to settle her.
    Dani, hope the flu goes soon. I really think yesterday was one of 'those" days. It was really depressing. A couple of my friends felt the same! Im so glad the sun is out today, i think the rain yesterday made it worse!
    Kate, can't wait to see the pics!!
    Beck, we're on montlhly too. Although we can't get used to it and have been broke since pay day. I HATE it, and wish we could go back to weekly. I have been doing a budget, but think i'll have to re do it and be extremely strict about it.
    have a goo dday all xoxo

tiggy Guest

Dani - sorry to hear that the black dog is running wild!
    hope jett settles soon, if not send him my way, he and ivy can party down!!!!!
    hope you get some decent sleep.
    thinking of you!

Hi ladies!
    Another successful no dummy night!! She woke acouple of times but I didn't even have to go in. YIPEE...
    how did everyone else go? Mind you, Tim woke at 4am for the loo...bloody girl, and I was then awake until 6am, with splitting headache...so annoyed!!
    Hope everyone has a good day, we're off to mums group. Gotta run, missy is tired
    xoxo

Hi Girls,
    Sure is quiet in here the last couple of days!!well, all is good here..owen has a nasty cold(which i'm just getting over)but seems to be improving..had a rough night(woke up 3 times between 12 and 6)and has been very whingy today..but his nose is def not as runny so thats good..
    Meg, I can't believe Coco's turnaround!!you must be so thrilled..i take it having tilly in with you is working(well, better than the old arrangement anyway..)i'm glad to hear things are improving for you..you've had such a hard slog!!
    Beck, i am so thrilled for you and DH!!you guys also deserve some great news!!I hope this is the start of a very positive period in your lives!!And glad to hear that Maddy's sleep is improving too..you must be feeling great!!
    Dani, hope you and Jett feel better soon..i know how rough it is!!
    Kate, am hanging to see the bubsincharacter pics!!i bet jasmine looks so adorable!!good luck with your surgery!!eek..
    Melly, i'm so glad to hear that michael is making an effort to be a good dad to logan..so he should!!surely he realises he's skating on thin ice!!i hope he's treating you well too..
    Tiggy, pmsl at "she pooed on our black sheets"..We got photos done of Owen when he was 12 days old and he pooed too..but he was laying on bens legs at the time!!!the photo is gorgeous coz he just looks so peaceful and angelic..but ben hates it!!(for obvious reasons!!)
    I'm starting to get a bit terrified about the fact that i will soon have 2 babies!!i am having such trouble keeping up with Owen and housekeeping etc..i know that the tiredness is mostly preg related, but i'm not going to be any less tired when i have a newborn and a 14 mth old..am just going round in circles in my head..maybe it's just reality sinking in..

tiggy Guest

Hey Christie!
    I think you will do just fine!
    Yes it is exhausting looking after two little ones but they will always have each other and I am betting boy for you again!
    Take heart hun, you are a great Mummy to Owen and you will be just brilliant with your two gorgeous ones.

PS Ivy and Noah are sick too. I haven't slept for close to three days AND it's school holidays for the big kids so forgive me if I sound a little crazed!

Hi tiggy..its funny that you say boy again..we have "put in an order"(as ben put it) for a baby sister..but i too feel like this is another boy..we thought that we may not have anymore boys since ben got radiated at work and this supposedly kills the y sperms..well, we shall see i guess!!we want to find out at 20 wk u/s..well i guess we should figure out how far along i am first huh?!?i have def started to get a belly..at the top its getting rounded from my organs getting pushed up there, so we'll see..

So thrilled for you Christie...I'm the opposite from Tiggy; I have a feeling this one is a bubba girl. But then again, I'm often wrong! *LOL* Are you going to get a dating scan done soon?

Tiggy, so sorry to hear the twins are sick! Hope that they get over their colds soon so you can get some sleep. Talk about an amazing woman....I whinge with one child when I haven't had 1 good night's sleep. You have a sick little pair there and other kids in combination with school holidays to deal with.

Meg, that is SO great about little Coco and no dummy but settling herself for you all. I know it's still not an ideal situation with Tilly in your room but at least you guys are now getting some much needed rest & sleep. Any more nibbles on the real estate front?

Well, we left for the KMart toy sale at 7:!5am this morning. Was front of the line and managed to grab everything we'd selected in the brochure which was SO great! We 'only' bought Maddy 4 gifts (including a book) which will be split between her birthday and Christmas. And saved probably $100 which was great.

So tired now though...her teeth are still giving her troubles so we've had about three nights in a row of really unsettled sleep. Last night she had a big feed at 11pm and although normally she would have then slept through til about 5am; she woke up at 1,3...you get the picture. My eyes were falling out of my head this morning so I left a crying Maddy in her cot at 5am because I just couldn't deal with any more. She eventually went back to sleep til 6:30am, or was playing with her toy in her cot.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast