Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #12

Beck, Im following you around the boards!! Just went from labour thread, to recipe thread to here!!!! Classic!! Im just about to go and put our dinner on too!!
    Beck, I can understand your anxiety about the future and if John had to travel. However, i will be nearby (hopefully not too far away anyway) and we can get together any time!! Im glad he's found a good job though, it's really exciting, adn the same thing is happening for Tim, so I totally understand the need to support them fully. Anyway, take it as it comes, Im sure your family and friends would all LOVe an excuse for a holiday to sydney and you might find you have a constant stream of visitors!!!
    What every happened to BIL? At least he wouldn't follow you...or would he. maybe he'd want to spend his breaks in Sydney. Sorry, shouldn't be mentioning him. ... !!
    Sarajo, 3 weeks away from Don, he must be missing his girls BIG TIME !! Im sure it will be hard for you leaving your sis though. So glad you've been able to spend three weeks there.
    Dani, hope you're feeling better today.
    Kate, where are you? Hope you're better and that Jasmine didn't pick up the flu..nasty thing it is.
    Zara is home and hopefully on the mend. Still stuffed up obviously but seems a bit better which is great!
    Tiggy, hope the twins are feeling better today. How is Ivy going with her medicine?
    Clare, wow on Siobhan crawling!! I really feel I have a very lazy bub here!!
    Rach, how are you going? How is Hannah? How was she after her shots? I got tilly the chicken pox vax yesterday. the Dr wiped the spot clean with a wipe and she thought it was the needle and started crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO much easier getting a baby done!!
    Anyway, hopefully that means I can avoid having to deal with chickenpox!! Particularly after her impetigo, I'd say she's susceptible to awful infections with chickenpox.
    Christie, how's the pregnancy? So can't wait to find out what your having. Any name ideas yet????
    Mel, how are you and logan doing??
    Hope I didn't miss anyone, have to go and put dinner on !! xoxo

tiggy Guest

Hi Meg,

They are both a little better today. Noah actually woke up smiling for the first time in a fortnight!
    Ivy hasn't had much luck keeping anything down but I'm hoping that at least some is coursing through her little body!
    Glad to hear Coco did ok with her sleep.
    Poor Tilly with the wipe. Maddy was like that too with her last needles. Immy just looked at the doctor and said, was that it? and Lily was very brave too

Hi Everyone

Just letting you know Im still around! Had my surgery on Monday and it wasnt too bad. Im still looking like a cabbage patch doll though and my cheeks are killing me. If it wasnt for my cheeks being so swollen and sore I would be fine. I will hopefully be back later on to catch up.

I hope I havent missed too much and that all of you are well and so are your babies.

TTYL!

Oh Kate, I hope you're feeling better soon,. how awful!! Hope the swelling goes down quickly!!
    Hope everyone has a good nights sleep. I am so tired I could go to sleep right now.
    beck, you'll appreciate this. Just spoke to Tim and before he hung up he said "oh, have you got the slow cooker going???" He lOVEs it!! I didn't tell him what i was cooking, but he was excited to know it's on!!
    xoox

*LMAO* Meg, that's when you KNOW you've spent money well! John is in love with ours as well, especially when he walks in the door from work to the smell of something simmering in the SC! *L*

Hello! Where is everyone!!
    We had a reasonable night last night. Coco slept from 7pm-5am and then was on and off until 7am, however I didnt' have to go in so that was great!!
    Just had mothers group. i love my group, but finally after 7 months, I can see that little clicks are forming. It's bizarre how that happens, and Im wondering where I fit in!! Sort of like a snobby group has formed within the big group, I will never fit in that group!! but I love it still, and it's great to get out.
    Having trouble settling coco now, better run. Hope everyone's having a good day
    xoxox

Meg..i know what you mean about the mothers group 'clicks'!!my group is the same!!theres 9 of us but i do sometimes feel like a bit of an outsider..esp since most of them have a bit more money than us so are going off to swimming, kindigym and music classes together..none of them are mean or rude..but sometimes you get that feeling..i'm glad you said that coz i thought that i was mad!!!
    anyway, all is good with owen and also with the pregnancy..have my u/s on mon morning..yay!!!so will have a better idea of how far along i am..although my absolute aversion to the look/smell/thought of red meat started yesterday..does anyone remember how far along they were when this hit??coz thats where i'm at!!
    i'm exhausted..am going to catch some zzz's before dinner, ben has just taken owen to do the groceries..YAY!!should get an hr's peace!!!

christie, can't help you with dates regarding the meat aversion, because Im sure my sister had it from day one to about week 35!! Doesn't help much!! Can't wait to find out where you are on the time line!! How exciting!
    I think all groups have the click things!! I used to be in one with tilly in the most upper class in sydney (almost). Of course I was nowhere near that, but seriously one day two women started fighting over who's house cost more. They were talkiing $2 million and that was 8 years ago. Talk about outsider, but I still liked it because we were all in the same position regarding babies! No one had any idea!!
    But this mothers group I love, the girls are awesome, but still there are the ones with a bit of a higher standard of living than some. That's ok though, i still get on with everyone. But I can see a split getting bigger as time goes on!!
    gotta run, time to do some dinner. I want to give coco some pasta in her vegies tonight.
    Beck, love the new ticker! xoox

Wow I guess I am out of date here, CONGRATS Christie!! Woohoo! I just read it for the first time! So how did you know you were pg when you didnt have a missed period or anything? I have thought if I accidentally get pg I would not know it! Keep us updated on the u/s and all that fun stuff! How exciting for you!

Yep we miss Don alright! He was able to fly up for a week in between though, so that makes it better! He was so sad he wasnt here to see Abby get her first tooth! Oh well, it will be showing through better by the time he sees it anyhow!

So, since I missed so much, I am curious:
    What babies have teeth now?
    What babies are crawling?
    Any other big milestones?

I know Abby was a bit late on this one, but until the other day, the only way I could get her to laugh out loud was tickling, but the other day I went "boo!" to her over and over and she laughed sooo hard it brought tears to my eyes!

Speaking of tears to my eyes...I cannot cry anymore! Weird, I know! Anyone else have this prob? I havent cried for liek 4 months now (that I can remember!) I feel like it sometimes and cant...it is frustrating! Oh well!

Had a crap night last night...up coughing and when I finally slept Abby was up every 1/2 hour, so I must go nap now! So nice to talk to all of you again!!!
    Last edited by sarajo; July 13th, 2006 at 10:23 PM.

Hey ladies!

Can't believe that I've been married 4 years today! Yikes, where has the time gone? *L* Nothing much exciting happening here, John is settling into his new job (he's relieved cause they're very happy with him so far) and we went out for a nice dinner to celebrate.

Maddy has gone down to sleep without a whinge (for once! *L*) so I'm off to bed in a moment while the going is good. Just had a semi-rant at Virgin creditcards as DH tried to use his new one (the old one expired at the end of June) and it claimed it was cancelled. Rang them up and turns out that despite me calling them TWICE in the past year to correct our address details, they have still stuffed it up. Stupid company. *throws darts* Because they sent mine to my OLD address and it was sent back to them; they cancelled John's as well! Grrr....

Got a question....has anyone else not gotten their period back yet? I know I should be appreciative, but I still find it kind of scary DTD (even with protection) when I don't have AF back yet. Would hate to get accidently pregnant and not have any idea! *L*

Meg - thanks for the compliment on the ticker! Just love taking photos of my princess, even though I could just about strangle her at times lately. She is such a cheeky thing...she does something like scratch my face really hard and draw blood but then grins madly at me and it's hard to stay cranky. *L* Did Coco like her pasta with her dinner?

Christie - OOOOHHHH....can't wait to hear how your U/S goes....would totally laugh if it turned out you were already 12 weeks or something! *L* Sorry to hear you're having an aversion to red meat...did you have that when you were pregnant with Owen? Did you get much of a break when Ben took Owen to do the grocery shopping?

Sara - YAYYYY!!! You're back! How is everything going? Are you and Abby feeling any better? Any more photos of your visit you can send us? hehe

Kate - sorry to hear you're still in chipmunk surgery status! Hope that the swelling goes down soon for you and the ache goes away. I hear you on that, I think that was the worst part of having my wisdom tooth pulled; the jaw ache as though someone had taken to you with a baseball bat! How is little Jasmine doing? Would love to see some more photos of her again too.

Tiff - that is such great news to hear that Ivy & Noah were doing better yesterday. Does Mummy get a holiday now that the bubbies are on the mend and the gastro has exited the hosue? *wink*

Oh, forgot to mention. DH found out that he has to fly to Sydney 2 weeks from today (Thurs.) for two days for basically a booze-up. *L* A meet-n-greet with his workmates in Sydney. I'm hoping that my Zurich & Centrelink forms arrive tomorrow so I can send off my E-tax online. If I get back what it's estimating within 10 days or so (which apparently is about how long it takes) I should be able to afford to buy a ticket to travel down with him & bring Maddy too. You up for another meet-up Meg?

Beck I'll send you a couple more pics! I love your new ticker pic too! Some of your pics in your albumlook so professional! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I am with you on no af! When will she return? After we stop bf? I have been having a couple cramps lately though, so we'll see! Good luck with the trip! I hope it works out so you can go too!

Thanks Sara...love the new photos of Abby! She is such a cutie, and it's kinda funny for us Aussies to see you guys enjoying the sun & warmth when it's winter here in Australia! *L* Glad to hear I'm not the only one in non-AF land. I've had those kind of cramps you're talking about too for about 6 weeks or so but no AF as yet. I imagine you're right, it'll probably come back once we stop b/feeding, or when we cut down to a couple of a feeds. Is Abby doing anything else new since you guys went away?

Hmmm...just tried to send you a friend quiz thing and it bounced back saying it cant find your provider....will have to get DH to look at it in the morning. *puzzled look*

THanks Beck, I love taking pics of Abby! hmmm thats weird about the provider! try again...i love quizes!

Well off to the doctor I go, not getting any better here! Woke up from my nap with a stiff neck and achy, so I set up an appt in an hour. I just want to get better before my flight!

I hope everyone else is aye ok!

well girls i was b/f and never got AF back but we all know why that was!!!*L*

Will be back with more later, but couldn't resist that comment!!
    P.S Beck, i'd def love to meet up with you when you come to syd!!owen and i would love to meet you and little maddy in person!!

Ooohhh! That would be SO cool Christie! Perhaps a few of us could get together; DH is going to ask work if it's ok that we stay with him. Maybe they'll be REALLY generous and pay for my flights too! *L* Just have to pray that my forms arrive in the mail today...I know my Zurich one will, just need to hope my Centrelink/Family payment one does too.

*LMAO* @ the AF comment. True, but last time I checked, you have to be DTD too to get pregnant! *L*

Well Maddy slept better last night...9:30pm through til 4am. Then back to bed with us and slept until 6:45am. Not too bad...pity I was on my computer late until midnight. *rolls eyes at herself*

Hey Meg, which lamb shanks recipe do you use from the SC recipe thread? The herb & garlic one?

Hi guys!! Sarajo, so excited to have you back!!
    Beck, CONGRATS on your 4 year anniversary!!!!
    I got AF last month.... SO disappointed!! Im still breastfeeding, so it just decided to come back. I'd had cramps for a couple of months before. Im happy with 7 months though, with Tilly I got af back straight away, even though i bf for 1 year...
    Beck, would LOVE to meet up again!! We could this time get Kate in on it (make sure her car is in good working order) and Mel and Christie. Would be great!!
    I too am waiting on the centrelink thing. Beck, how do you do your tax online? I'd love to do that. I just got a tax pack the other day, but it takes so long.
    Sarajo, we have no teeth, no sitting, no crawling...I can get her to sit for very short periods, but I have to admit, Im not encouraging any kind of movement. She lies on her tummy alot though which she loves. and she's just started rolling all over the floor.
    Coco had a crap night ... thought we were on to a good thing, but apparently not. She woke at 12.50 and screamed for an hour and 20 mins, then woke again half hour later and then up at 6am. Really don't know what to do, hoping tresillian gets me in next week.
    by teh way Beck, I do my own lamb shank recipe, started out with one off either bb or the sc website, but have made it to suit me (a VERY easy version). I put 1/2 cup white wine, or thereabouts, and about a cup of tomato paste (could be more or less) and some fresh herbs, usually oregano and thyme. I also put afew cloves of garlic in. THat's all I do, then serve with mashed potato. DH and I LOVE it. im making it again next week!! xcoxox

Meg, thanks for your recipe. You don't use vegie stock at all?! Better fly as Maddy is having a whinge about being on the floor and not getting cuddles. As for the tax, if you go to the ATO (Australian Tax Office) website, they have a link to where you can download the E-tax (online program). My DH did his on there last year and the refund went through so quickly.

Well, I was getting bronchitis, so it is a good thing I got to the docs. I have a antibiotic now, so hopefully that will ward things off!

<jealous jealous jealous> @ you all meeting! If any of you come to Texas, you all have a place to stay!!

Abby sits, and that is about all! She can sit for long periods of time, although I need to watch her because she does get top heavy and fall over eventually!

I think Im gonna add some pics to abbers site now!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast