Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #13

we can meet earlier..i have mothers group on fri thats all..was trying to be ambitious and do both!!just wanted to check thats all!!glad coco slept better for you!!talk later on
    xx

Meg, not quite sure what I'm going to do with myself yet actually. I have to go into North Sydney with my uncle and we'll be there around 8am I guess. Yikes. Not sure what suburb that Uncle John works in, but it is in North Sydney somewhere. I do have the whole day free, so I'm happy to catch up mid/late morning for some lunch and then Christie can catch up for coffee later with us if she still wants to!

SOunds good, i will be here!
    It's midnight and coco has been awake (screaming) for 2 HOURS. I am going out of my mind. Nothing will settle her. Actually when I go in she is quiet, but she won't sleep. I even tried feeding. The stupid neighbours have been incredibly loud, I just want to get out of here. I think she's way overtired and I have no way of helping her. I am giving her teething medicine (braers natural medicine) but nothing is helping. i don't know how long I can go on with these massive nigth wakings. I am so sleep deprived. I guess most of us are though!!
    ok, will talk tomorrow when I am hopefully in a bit better frame of mind. Im really worried the neighbours are going to get angry (the new renters below, both guys, seem to get noisier as she does. .. ggggrrrr). xoxox

Morning Ladies,
    Hope you are all doing well. Meg, I should of gone for that flu shot cause guess what I have again? Bloody flu. I have decide that I am going to have it till winter ends. Maybe I could go and get one now but maybe the damage has already been done.
    DH Ben went off to play Paintball Skirmish yesterday and wouldn’t you know it Jett was feral all day. We only have one car seat at the moment so I had it in the lounge to put in Ben’s car as he took mine because he had to pick up all his mates. I went to put it in only to find no bolt for me to anchor it too, not happy.
    Well is anyone else got a crying clingy baby at the moment? Jett seems to not be happy doing anything. He is in that stage of trying to crawl but better angry cause he can’t move anywhere. He just wiggles around and pushes himself backwards. He can move around but not the way I think he wants too. Oh, no hurry for crawling anyway only means he can get into more stuff.
    Meg – Sorry to hear that the Tresillian sleep school didn’t work as well as you had hoped. I found the same thing at the hospital when we had the sleep thing. They put us right near the desk so it was forever talking, banging, phones ringing. Arrrhh. In a way it was good cause it got him used to noise but most of the time he would wake as they were so loud.
    Yeah, on Coco’s 2 teeth.
    You poor thing, I know just how you feel about the neighbours that is one of the reasons why we are moving. Some people have no respect for others, gosh it bugs me!! Meg have you tried nurofen? My friend went to the hospital when her little girl had teething issues and they recomended that. I use it on Jett and it seems to work well. I do hate giving him all of this stuff but if it helps his pain and he gets some rest I am all for it. You can give panadol and nurofen together if it gets reallt bad. I also have a teething mixture that a chemist in Geelong makes it is fantastic, they have been making it since I was a baby as my mum said she used it with me. I give to Jett on the really bad nights and I don't hear a peep. Let me know I could send some up to you if you want? I hope it gets better. Big to you.
    Beck – Glad to hear that John’s birthday went well.
    Melly – Lucky I am going back to work because I would never be able to pick up Jett’s birthday and Christmas layby otherwise.
    Sounds like Uni is going really well. I so want to get Jett into swimming lessons. I might wait for the weather to heat up down here as it is freezing at the moment and colds and flu’s are spreading around here like wild fire. Jett starts his first day of childcare in 2 weeks, I have a lot of mixed feelings about it. I think he will be just fine but I am not so sure about me. About the ex thing, you do what is best for you and Logan, if you are happier on your own then so be it. Nothing wrong with being single, half of the time I am with Ben working arvo shift and sleeping most of the bloody day.
    Christie - I hope you are feeling okay. My best friend just found out she is having a little boy which is great, a buddy for Jett. Are you going to find out what you are having?

Has anyone else’s babies got no teeth yet? Jett seems to be showing all of the signs but nothing is happening in the mouth area. Most of my mum’s babies at mothers group have teeth but not Jett.
    Anyway betta go and have some breaky and do some more packing.
    Hello to all of the other Lovely Ladies....

Gotta be quick, but just wanted to say HI DANI, and that DH didn't get his first tooth until 13 months!! It all happens at different times. My brother didn't walk until 17 months!! I think I've got a family of late starters!! and don't forget coco doesn't sit, crawl etc!!! Also coco's started biting....OUCH...so maybe no teeth is really good!
    gotta run, she won't settle. Honestly, I thinkit's teeth, overtired etc, just going to give her some more medicine (herbal stuff, but will look into neurofen) \
    have a great day everyone xoxooxox

Meg, sorry to hear that you again had a rough night! I wish I had some good advice but I know with Maddy she just gets more feral the longer she goes without sleep, yet she won't go down for a nap. That combined with teething is just hell. I just kept giving her Panadol for Infants and chilled things to knaw on. I never tried any of the herbal versions of teething relief, although I might need to invest for the future.

Maddy went down early last night at 6:30pm but I should have known that it would mean she'd be wide awake in the early hours of the morning. She slept til 2am (7.5hrs straight) and then decided it was party time. Came back to bed for a feed & a wiggle until 5am when I put her back in her bed and she stayed there until 7am. I woke up with a massive headache and could do with alot more sleep.

I might find out where my uncle works Meg, because it's possible it's in the same suburb as you live! Wish I could remember the name of the suburb but I'll give them a call tonight to find out what's happening.

Dani - try not to stress about Jett having no teeth yet...met a Mummy from Canada on holidays in Australia with her husband & kids in the parent's room yesterday. Her little girl is 13 months and she only got her first two bottom teeth in the last week. Sorry to hear you were stuck at home yesterday because of no attachment for your car seat. It's rough when they're screaming blue murder and you can't escape the house!

I'd better run as Maddy is down for a nap finally and my hair is like an ad for a grease supplier! *L* Hope you all have better days!

Thanks Meg, I know all babies are different but I wish he wouls at least get one and maybe the grizzling would ease for a while. Anyway we are all suppose to be supporting you, if you need any help just post or I am registed on yahoo messenger now so if you want to vent feel free to do so.

Thanks guys!! We had a better night last night. She woke once for half an hour and that was it. i think she needs to eat more ( I gave her SO much dinner and lunch she couldn't fit another mouthful in)!! However tilly has now got a sniff and cough, what a bummer, just hope coco doesn't get it. Poor tilly has not been well since she got gastro 10 days ago (Tim ended up getting it, and my mum, brother and sister and nephew...how awful). Anyway, she then got a virus last week and now has this cough....COME ON SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have decided to................dye my hair red!! Im not sure exactly what shade, but will be doing it today!! I'll put a photo on tomorrow!! (if it looks ok enough for me to go public!!)
    gotta run,, hope everyone slept well, will be back on later xoxoxoxo

tiggy Guest

Puts hand up high in the air!!!! OOHHH Dani! Ivy and Noah are toothless and whingy!
    Gotta LOVE it!

Hi to everyone else, hope you all have a lovely time meeting each other (am jealous of course).
    Ivy and Noah are much better and slept well last night for the first time in forever!
    Have a great day ladies, give your bubbas a big snuggle from us.

That is SUCH great news Meg & Tiff! Glad to hear your bubbas slept well last night! *does a happy dance for you both*

Well, can't stay long as the builder is coming over this morning (the whole transformation into granny flat has been put on back-burner because of our possible move to Sydney; but they're just gonna have the garage lined so it can be a sitting room to relax in) and then Maddy & I are out 'n' about with MIL this morning getting photos printed etc. Will be back in tonight.

Well it seems most of Maddy's cold is gone although she is still a little phlemy/mucosy in the morning; but mostly it's just a dry cough. Had to get her up in the middle of the night as she'd woken herself coughing endlessly and after I gave her some medicine she was a lot better. Spent from 11pm-3am in bed with me feeding & sleeping but after that she was back in her bed from then til 5am when she woke up. I let her talk to herself in her cot and then she fell back asleep until 7am!

Have your bubbies got a favourite food? Maddy devoured the mashed potato off my dinner plate last night but her favourite pre-made food is now the 'creamy banana porridge'. She LOVES it heated up in the microwave and gobbles it down.

Hope the remainder of you lovely ladies are well - Christie, Rach, Sara Jo, Kate, Leanne, Sami, Dani & Melly!

Tiggy, that's great news about Ivy and Noah, so glad they're so much better.
    Beck, glad Maddy has improved too!
    Out of the tinned food, Coco LOVES the organic creamy oat and fig porridge and also the orchard plum!! And the fruit muesli (has barley and oats in it).
    Today i am making her some mince wiht vegies in it. Im going to slow cook it! I also made her a carrot mix this morn and just mashed it, so it's rather lumpy. Hope she can handle it. I just like her to try to chew and eat some lumpy stuff!
    Im off to clean up now. coco hasn't slept more than half an hour for morning sleep for a week now, so sh'es due to wake now!! What happened to the blissful 1.5 hours??
    have a good one everyone, where has everyone disappeared to??? xoxo

Hi Melly, Lindsay has a lazy eye too and in 3 weeks we are seeing an Eye surgeon about treatment for it, which could possibly be surgery and he is nearly 5 and a half. This is the information I found off MyDr about it;

<H2>AMBLYOPIA (LAZY EYE)

Amblyopia is an important condition that affects young children. If detected early enough, which usually means before the age of 5, it can be treated successfully. If not detected in time it can result in permanent loss of vision from one eye.
    Amblyopia happens when a baby's eyes do not produce a single message to the brain. Normally both eyes focus whatever the baby is looking at on to the same part of the retina at the back of the eye. The brain then ‘sees’ a single picture. But if the eyes are not perfectly aligned, as in strabismus (squint), or if one eye is longer (or shorter) sighted than the other, the brain receives 2 messages. In an adult this would result in double vision or blurred vision.
    But young children's brains are different from adult brains. Until the age of about 5, a child's brain can suppress (‘switch off’) the unwanted picture and only receive the message from one eye, allowing the child to see clearly. This ability of the brain to suppress one of the images it is receiving is initially reversible, but eventually becomes permanent. When this happens, the brain will never register the pictures coming from that eye.
    For this reason it is vitally important to make sure that a child is seeing with both eyes. Some simple tests at home will usually uncover this problem. When amblyopia is found, treatment usually involves treating the underlying cause. This might mean surgery for a squint or a prescription for glasses if there is a refractive error (long sighted or short sighted).
    Often the ‘good eye’ will need to be covered for a while to stimulate the brain to receive the picture from the ‘lazy’ eye.
    There are many ways to check that your child is seeing normally. If you have any doubts, seek advice as soon as possible.

Your Doctor. Dr Michael Jones, Medical Editor.

Reviewed : 5/9/2005
    </H2>
    So there is time for it to be corrected/strengthened. Lindsay is also Long sighted too.

I hope this helps you a bit.

Thanks Jillian. i also have only mashed stuff, just with teh carrot, it's extra chunky. Anyway,, she gobbled it up!! I also just chop chicken, lamb etc and she's had pasta too. I am making her bolognaise today, will prob give it a bit of a mash!! So different from Tilly, I pureed everything with her. this time I don't have a hand blender so had to go mashed from teh beginning.
    Just trying to get her off to sleep. having her arms unwrapped makes every sleep time so much more difficult. She's learning, but it's a challenge!!
    Coco started waving yesterday. SO cute, she's been waving at me all day today!!

Better run, im going to attempt to put the dye in my hair now.got a red one, just hope it comes out ok! xoxo

edited to add: Just had a message from Leanne. says all is well and Drew is starting to crawl. Sends her love to everyone and said Beck, she'd love to meet up but has lost your number somehow.
    also think Im having a hair disaster here,.....I somehow dont' think it's going to work out. Oh my goodness it is looking so DARk!!
    Last edited by Mumma2three; July 24th, 2006 at 02:02 PM.

Morning ladies! Am feeling kind of refreshed as after being clingy all day yesterday and refusing to nap until 6pm last night, I thought I was in for a REALLY rough night. Maddy finally went to sleep at 11pm and slept through til 6am which was lovely!

Better fly as I have to get dressed before Mum turns up. Have to go shopping for a few things before we fly to Sydney on Thursday. I want to give my rellies a photo frame with a photo of Maddy in it.

Meg, how did your bolognaise go with Coco? Did she eat it? Oh, and thanks for the msg from Leanne...I will have to get you to email me her mobile no again as I seem to have lost several numbers off my mobile. How did your hair turn out?

*LOL* My MIL came back in through the door yesterday afternoon with a huge box. It is a Fischer Price play thingy where they sit in this chair thing that swivells around and there's tons of activities for them to play with. Maddy loves it, she's already worked out how to flip over these fake book pages to make it play music. *L*

YAY YAY YAY....can't believe this time of the morning in 2 days time, Maddy and I will be in Sydney again!

Imogen will totally love it Jillian! Maddy was just squealing playing with all of the buttons; and if your Immy is in no hurry to walk, then it'll be a great toy for her for a while. I do think the songs were programmed to drive parents mad though! *LOL*

Beck, I will text Leanne your number and you hers!! She ended up calling for a chat yesterday, we'd never spoken so it was kind of bizarre, but great to catch up. Drew sounds like an angel....sleeps through the night, has huge day sleeps, has teeth that didn't upset him at all..etc etc..lucky Leanne.
    Beck, looking forward to seeing you on friday!!
    The FP toy sounds great. Poor coco is too deprived. I am making her a shaker today with a water bottle and pasta!!! Hope it entertains her for a while, she's sick of her play mat. It's just so hard to have toys in this TINY little box.....hopefully we'll be at the inlaws with in the month. Shouldn't get too excited though, they are always so slow at everything!!
    Hair is good, I like it. Really dark red. i'll get Tim to take a pic tonight and I'll post it!!
    have a great day everyone xoxoox

Hi Ladies,
    My God I am going crazy. I don't know if it is because I am sick or that I have so much to do in the next week or maybe both. Jett is driving me up the wall. He isn't happy unless he is being held, gosh it makes packing hard to do with a baby in your arms.
    Oh I nearly forgot, Jett has started to clap his hands, Oh it is so cute, I sing this song and he claps or when he gets excited he does it.
    Meg - Sounds like your hair worked out great, I can't wait to see a picture. I am over mine atm. When I was preggers I chopped it all of, bad move. It still hasn't grown back. What I would give just to tie it back.
    I know what you mean about tiny box, I can't wait to move next Friday, We are going to have more room which will be great.
    Are you moving too?
    Beck - I know what you mean about the FP songs, the english lady just sings over and over in your head. Jett has the tool bench and the learning dog they both sing.
    Have you got got licence yet?
    Anyway betta go
    Jett is grizzling again, oh I hope this passes

tiggy Guest

Dani,

The biggest of to you hun, My two are the same, grizzly unless cuddles, shame I only have two arms

GL with the packing and I hear you with the hair, I usually have short SHORT hair and haven't had it cut since just before their birth. EWWWW, Ilook like something the cat dragged in. I've put on heaps of weight too and just hate to go out because I feel so ugly.
    Have told Dave that I will have to bite the bullet soon. Might start with my hair!

Hope Jett's grizzles settle soon, it could be the change in environment as well as him being sick (?)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast