Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #13

Hi Ladies,
    I hope that you have fun at your meet up today. I am so so jealous I couldn’t attend. I am going to meet you all one day.
    We have been okay here. We are all still sick, and so is the rest of the family so it is just going to keep going around.
    I have given Jett chicken two nights with his veggies so it is going okay. I have only been chopping it up with a knife which is good, because he is learning to chew.
    I am watching Big Brother it is so funny they are breaking down the doors.
    Tiggy – Thanks for the support , I know it is harder when you are sick. I am very naughty as I didn’t get my meds and I really noticed the difference.
    Hope all is well with the twins.
    Christie – Sorry to hear that you have this flu that is doing the rounds. Hope Owen doesn’t get sick.
    Meg – A question for you? Is it to late to late to get a flu injection. I think maybe it would be a good idea.
    Good on you Meg I wish that I still BF Jett, sometimes it would make life a lot easier. Sometimes I am out and it is bottle time, it is so much better when it is on tap, hehehe.
    You poor love with the hay fever it is a pain and with a tired baby too.
    Kate - Jett has been forward facing since he was about 5 months old. He was very strong and he could hold his head up when he was 2 months. He got to the stage where he hated being in the car so I changed the seat around and he loves it.
    When I am out shopping I sit him in the trolley, he has a ball.
    I too can't wait for work to start, (it sounds bad, but I am looking forward to it). Not sure I am cut out to be a full time stay at home Mummy. Don't get me wrong I love Jett till the sun doesn’t Shine but, sometimes I just need a break and I think work will be that break.
    Betta go need a little sleep

Hello.
    Kate, wow i didn't know we joined the same day! yay on Jasmine clapping, what a smart little girl.
    I've been really busy with uni. My first assignment is due on Tuesday and then another two assigments due in two weeks. Logan is getting used to childcare, they even set up this rocker/hammock-type thing (lol I'm so good at descriptions ) because he won't sleep in a cot for them hehe

Logan & I are sick. Ex is staying here and well I won't get in to any details apart from I am really stressed/depressed.

Logan had his Orthoptist appointment this morning. She said hi eyesight seems ok, but he has to go back in a few months for another checkup since he was really too young to concentrate on much today so she couldn't be sure of some of the tests. She also checked my eyes. I have an Intermittent Divergent Squint and was lucky enough to get an appointment in september to have surgery done to hopefully correct the "turn" a bit so I don't have to work so hard to focus on things with my eyes. I also have to do eye exercises LOL

Sorry for not doing all the personals, I need to catch up on posts.
    Well back to the assignment for me

Wow a lot of you are sick right now! I hope you all feel better!

Christie sorry you could not meet up with the others! How's the pregnancy going?

Meg and Beck so glad the meeting up was nice! I cant wait to see pics!!

Beck - houston to London, ontario is 1202 miles (1935 km)! Quite far, but I still hope we can meet someday!!

Meg I hope Coco slept well for you seeing as how she had such a big day!

Melly nice to hear from you again! Good news about Logan's eyesight! I am happy to hear of your upcoming surgery! I hope you feel better soon! Have you talked to anyone (doctor) about being stressed and depressed? Is it the baby blues?

Dani - what a big boy Jett is with his chicken! I cant imagine Abby doing so well with chewing and all! I hope you and Jett feel better soon! Dont feel bad about needing a break, there have been plenty of times when Don comes home when I hand Abby off and take some Mommy time to myself. Do you start your new job Monday? How exciting!!

Kate thank you for your comment on her earrings. That is a decision that I dont regret at all. She has never fussed with them and they are so easy to care for at this age! Yes, our babies are growing so fast and I think Jasmine will be off crawling in the next week or so. I think Abby isnt far behind! Regarding the car seat, I dont know why, but here in the US they want you to wait till the babies are 1 year old to turn front-facing. I really dont think it makes a difference at this age, but I am going to wait for abby's 1st birthday just to play by the rules.

Here they also say to now give your baby biter bisquits untill they are crawling. I think those are the same as teething rusks. I havent tried giving Abby any, but I am tempted to pick her up a box at the store this weekend. Do all your babies do alright with them? No choking?

Speaking of choking...I am a badddd mama! I gave abby a cardboard box to play with and before I knew it she sucked a corner soggy and took a bite and choked it down, literally! Poor thing, I stuck my finger in ehr mouth to make sure it was not there anymore, and here she had swallowed it! She seems ok now though. I felt sooo bad! I will feel worse when I discover it in her nappy! lol!

To anyone I missed, hope you are well! Have a great day everyone!

Hi guys!!
    Well I have hayfever hangover...that's what i call it. i feel shocking. Still sneezing, but have headache sore throat etc. Absolute nightmare. Pity my flu vaccine doesn't cover hayfever!!
    Dani, never too late for flu vaccine!!
    Sarajo, the choking is scary. Both maddy adn coco choked on their rusks yesterday. Coco is biting more so bigger bits are coming off. I have her eating chunky food, but big chunks of rusks are just too much for her. I really can't take my eyes off her while she eats rusks.
    Today is the FIRST time she has slept past half hour in the morning, and the real estate are due any minute. I can't believe it....how typical is that.
    Tim is helping the inlaws put some of their furniture in storage today, so I have no hlep with the kids. I asked tim to settle coco at 2am this morn and he was just useless. I was so upset as I just felt so sick. I ended up staying awake from 2am to well past 5am...men, they are bloody useless. (coco wasn't awake that whole time, i was just so angry at tim for not helping)...gggrrr
    Mel, great work on all your study!! Sounds like you're so busy. Sorry to hear your ex is being a ****. Hope that you are happier today (at least the sun is shining).
    Dani, so hope you guys get better soon, its such a nigtmare being sick. I am SO over winter!!
    have a good weekend guys and welcome home Beck, was great to catch up yesterday!!x
    xoox

awe Meg sorry about your hayfever hangover! That sux about Tim not helping out @ 2! Men just dont get it that we need them some times in the middle of the night. Don is such a hard sleeper I dont think he has gotten up once in the middle of the night for Abby. I hope the kids are good for you today! What luck that Coco is sleeping in and you still have to be awake for the real estate people. I hope they dont wake her!

Well, maybe I will get her some rusks and watch her so closely. What did you do when they were choking? Did they just cough it out?

Sarajo, we just gave them a wack on the back! Coco is pretty good at eating things though, she does chew. the rusk only breaks when it's been totally slobbered all over!! I give her toast as well, sometimes that gets stuck. im just ready to give her a pat on the back (or harder) but their little throats are prepared for gagging, it's all part of their learning experience.
    Today I gave coco tinned salmon and mixed it with some vegies. She LOVED it!! Very glad about that, salmon is good for her exzma (coco gets exzma on her face ). It's also so easy, no cooking required! Think I might try it with avocado and cottage cheese, then there's really no cooking necessary!!
    xo

Hey Meg,
    Jett has bad eczema all over his face mainly in betwen his eyebrows, I really don't want to put quartersion cream on it so I am just using baby solb, Good to hear that salmon helps with it.
    Hey Sarajo,
    Don't worry Jett has eaten a whole peice of cardboard before I turned my back for 2 minutes and it was gone, very funny.
    Oh my MIL was just here and Jett was having nappy free time, he was sitting up playing with his toys and the next minute Ben said Jett has grown a tail. He had done a poo and it had come out the back. I also put a towel under him, Lucky hey, hehehehe.
    Nothing planned for the weekend just getting ready for work on Monday and packing, Wow 2 more sleeps till I start work...
    Bye all

Wow.....I feel like I've been away a week! *LOL* We got back at almost 2pm today but I've had a whopper headache since early this morning so Maddy and I just had a nap until a few minutes ago. I'll probably be back in the morning for some personals, but for now I just wanted to say we loved Sydney and it was just wonderful to see you & Coco again Meg!

DH loved the people he's working with and omg, went to the office and it is AMAZING. He's all excited about possibly moving to Sydney so provided they keep him on and renegotiate his wage, we'll be in Sydney in less than 6 months from now.

Sorry to hear so many of you lovely ladies are sick, hope you are feeling better too. Nothing much planned for the rest of the weekend, just waiting for our pizza (it's Bledisloe Cup union night) and then tomorrow I'm hoping to buy a video camera! Got my tax return back early (less than 10 days...weeeeeeee!) and DH wants me to spend it on myself. No telling me twice! *LOL*

Meg Coco's dinner sounds so good I think I will make it for myself! My favorite sushi is salmon, avacado, and cream cheese! Yummo! Abby gets eczema around her mouth and under her nose. I'll have to try that salmon!

Dani lol @ Jett growing a tail! How classic!

Beck good girl taking a nap with Maddy! You need your rest with a big headache like that! Is it better now? Cant wait to see pics of your outing!

Wow! We've been quiet in here; but then again, it is a weekend so hopefully we'll get more 'noisy' tomorrow.

Nothing much happening here...went on a little shopping spree today with my tax return! tehehee...Bought a video camera YAYYYYYY!!! DH's been testing it out all evening on Maddy. *L* I went on a makeup splurge and got some nice makeup instead of the cheap stuff; and picked up the cutest little denim overalls for Maddy today from Pumpkin Patch!

Hope you are all going well...have to take Maddy on my driving lesson tomorrow as it sounds like Mum will be taking my sister to the doctors and cant watch Maddy for me. Better go off to bed while the going is good...Maddy is FINALLY sleep in her own bed after being clingy during our Sydney visit and again last night.

Catch all of you lovely ladies tomorrow I hope!

Hi guys!
    Well coco slept over at the inlaws on sat night and apparently only woke at 5am, but last night she woke at LEAST 5 times. I just don't know what's going on. Unless the top teeth are starting to move about, but she wasn't really upset, just kept waking. Absolute nightmare
    Im taking her to a natropath today if I can get in, as I want something for her exzma. It's all over her face the poor little bubba. Maybe it's itching her in the night?
    hope everyone's well. I feel shocking with no sleep and going out sat night.!! Hope I can have a nap today.'
    Hope everyone slept well, xoxox

Meg... {{{{{hugs}}}} Sorry to hear you're still have major sleep problems with Coco. Hope you get some answers from the natropath today to help with her excema. Oh, and that you definately get to have a decent nap today.

Well, coco had a 2 hour nap this morning!! Very relieved! I have also booked her in to see a natropath tomorrow, so looking forward to that.
    This afternoon Im taking coco to David Jones and buying her a toy!! This is very exciting as i've not bought her anything (she only has her play mat and some rattles), so i think she's feeling a bit deprived. i just want to get her something for the next stage. Tim got given a DJ's voucher, so I'm spending it on coco!
    She is so gorgeous, she's just talking away to herself (dada-ing) and it sounds so lovely! She also just LOVES waving, and when someone says bye she will wave (she will also wave at any other time).
    hope everyone's having a good day! xo

Well, I'm still trying to finish my assignment, quite slack I know since it's due tomorrow, but only one question to go!

Logan his top teeth today! Just a little bit of each one is poking through. Enough for him to now grind his teeth *shudders* Since I've had a tooth ache for the last week, the sound makes my teeth hurt. But he seems very proud of himself when he does it. He is in his jolly jumper next to me, bouncing away and talking.. lots of dadas, mamas, nanas and bubbas. He learnt to clap this morning too. My counsellour came over to introduce me to the volunteer who will be watching Logan for me on Mondays (I don't have Uni then, but she will be coming with me to the Uni Library with him so I can get some work done), starting next week. It's excellant timing since I have 2 essays due in week 5 (in week 3 atm). The volunteer was trying to distract him from grinding his teeth since it was making everyone uncomfortable, so she was clapping and he copied her.

Another good thing came out of this morning, I'm getting my tooth taken out on wednesday after Uni. My counsellour warned the dentist that I'm very nervous about it, since the place she works for is helping to pay for some of it, so she had to arrange the appointment.

Sorry I'm rambling, should get back to work. Will hopefully put some new pics of Logan up some where soon, been a bit slack lately.

Meg - thanks again for Leanne's mobile no. Will definately have to get in contact with her ASAP...once I get my license I might even be able to meet her at Lollipops or something with our kids. Did you manage to buy Coco a cool present this afternoon?! Sometimes I think John & I are more into the toys that Maddy gets than she actually is! hehe GREAT NEWS on her two hour nap this morning...bet you feel way more human!

Melly - that's absolutely great to hear about the volunteer who will be watching Logan for you while you study at the library. Your counsellor sounds like a wonderful, supportative person and it's great that he/she is really helping you to get through your studies. Good luck at the dentist...I hope your experience is nice and smooth...be sure to ask them for a script for panadeine forte if you're having your wisdom tooth pulled (you didn't mention which tooth).

Nothing much happening here. Typically after doing 2 loads of washing and promising myself this morning that it is a NEW WEEK and I will start eating healthier & exercising; it's been raining here today. Have one load out in overcast late afternoon; but am so proud that I got off my lazy behind and walked to the shops and back. Nothing much but it did take me a good 40 mins (and a good total body workout I think, having to push a baby in a pram). Even prouder to mention I did NOT buy any of the scrumptious and fatty treats in the bakery even though I did go in to buy a loaf of bread.

Must go check on Maddy as she screamed when I put her down for a nap for 2 minutes and now there is just silence. Hopefully she is ok.....*L* *crosses fingers* John will hopefully get his first pay tonight which will be good because it's been almost 5 weeks since he got his last pay at his old job. Thank god for tax returns and generous parents!

BBL....

Beck, it's not my wisdom teeth, just a tooth that is in a bad state and causing me a lot of pain. Have been on panadeine forte and antibiotics for the past week, so hopefully I can get some more panadeine on wednesday.

Good on you for getting out for a walk and resisting all the fatty treats!

BBL....but just wanted to post that I've uploaded some new photos (including those of Maddy & Coco in Sydney last week) to the yahoo photos site.

Hey Beck, cute pics!! Good on you with your exercise. I decided I'd start today too by walking to the shops, but coco slept so long I had to race up in the car. I did buy lunch at Iku (really yummy healthy shop) I had a red lentil and pumpkin casserole! YUMMO. So at least I felt healthy.
    gotta run, dinner is on. I've fed coco, now it's tillys go, then they can have a bath together. Tim is back at uni as of tonight, so Im without him monday and tuesdays...boo hoo.
    xoxo
    ps I have added a couple of pics to my album xo
    Last edited by Mumma2three; July 31st, 2006 at 06:27 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast