Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #17

I never noticed that either Tiff! So glad Ivy is better and the sleeping arrangements are working!

Meg at your loan!!

Congratulations Tiff about being a moderator! Will this mean a lot more work for you? I don't know how you do it! What a great mum you are!

Hi all

Im not meant to be here as my son Callum was born in Jan 06 but no one seems to be talking over in that thread.

Webbmeg said I could come and chat here if thats ok as she said theres lots of talking here.

Alittle about myself
    I have a DD who is 12 naturally and DS who is 9 and bit months through IVF. Have had 2 ectopic pg, one just this month but am doing ok. Getting over it faster then I thought.

I guess im just wishing next year will come quick as that is when DH and I will try again.

Well I wont go on but hope you all dont mind me coming here.

See ya

Hi Everyone

Welcome January girls!! Im sure you will love it here. Sorry I havent welcomed you sooner! I look forward to getting to know you and your babies!!

I will be back tonight for personals! But much much later when everyone is asleep!

I just wanted to tell you about a few things that Jasmine is doing lately before another day goes past without me sharing it!

First, Jasmine is hiding everything! She tries to stuff things under the lounge, behind the curtains, under the TV unit, anywhere there is a gap, she will go and find something to shove in it! She prefers the remote controls or my mobile phone! Its very cute, except every night when I put her to bed, I have to go and search for everything, and put everything back!

Next, everything goes on her head now! I think she thinks she is hiding, and we play peekaboo, but yesterday was the funniest when she came out with her Dads undies around her head! (She grabbed them from the washing basket) She often walks out of the kitchen with the teatowel on her shoulder or something. But she grabs the curtains and puts them on her head so "we cant see her" and she waits until we say "Wheres Jasmine" before she pulls it off!

Now this thing is the cutest and I feel like a very bad Mummy for not picking it up myself! Whenever you say "Hello" directly to Jasmine, she puts her right hand over her right ear! I really didnt think much of it, and took it as a kind of half wave or something. BUT my mum pointed out, she actually is doing it, as if she is on the phone!!!!!!! I gave her my mobile phone and said "hello pretty girl" and she put it up to her ear! A little bit past her ear to be exact! Then of course to me it was so fascinating so I was putting all different things in her hand and saying Hello to her, and every single time, no matter what..... straight to the ear!! Its just too cute! I got some photos, but now Ive explained them you will be able to make sense of them! I'll let you know when I put them up!

Anyway thanks for letting me share that with you! My other friends just dont get what the big deal is!

Have a great Friday! Take Care

xoxo

P.S YAYAYAY I got my new avatar! I LOVE IT! Much more me!! Do you like it??
    Last edited by k8ty; November 10th, 2006 at 01:20 PM. Reason: cos I just saw my new avatar YAYAYAYAYAY!!

Welcome Missy! Of course you are so welcome here! I'm sorry to hear about the ectopic pgs. That must be so tough to deal with while also having a pre-teen and a baby! So you get to try again in January? Just had a look at your photos! What a gorgeous family! What a pretty DD and your son is so cute! I love the baptism pics!

Kate lol Jasmine is soooo cute! How funny with the hello phone thing and also with the hiding thing! She is such a clever girl!!

I have a funny story about my Abby tonight too...you know how many many many pics I take of her? Well tonight I took some because she was being such a ham, and I put the camera down and she kept looking into it with her head to the side and this huge cheesy smile! I guess she knows she is supposed to smile at it now! It was too funny! She kept looking at it and smiling at it even though it was just laying on the couch for like 10 minutes!

Hi Kate.

Your story is so cute. How much time do we waist watching the kids. Well I shouldnt say waist but I could spend all day watching my son. Sometimes I dont have a shower till midday as ive been playing and just checking on him when he is asleep.

Sarajo,

Thanks so much for the welcome. Yes it was hard dealing with the loss of my baby and having 12 year old and 9 and bit month old but I have a wonderful DH and family. Its nice to be able to read and talk to other ladies about the kids and maybe get advice.
    I had a look at your daughters pic and OMG how cute is she. I love that pink dress she has on. She looks like abit of a cheecky girl. Very nice to see lovely pic of other ppls kids. I love looking at all the pic.

Not really much to say about Callum. He is crawling all over the house. Getting into everything. He pulls him self up on the lounge, coffee table, anything he can. Im sure he thinks he is older then he is as he always tries to walk. But of cause goes flat on his face. He too also loves the camera. Being the camera or my mobile. When I get them out he, if he is sitting starts to rock back and forward and wave the hands. He gets very excited. He has also started blowing bubbles but always seems to do it at eating time. So you can imagin the mess we get into. lol. The cutest I think is when he is going for some thing I dont want him to I say NO and he turns and sits and shakes his head at me with this massive smile on his face and I have to turn away as I start LOL. Very funny!!!

Well I sure Im going to love chatting here. Cant wait to hear from you all.

Take Care.

Sara

O my I didnt realise how many pic you had. She is soooooooooooo beautiful. Lovely looking little one. She sure does look like a cheeky one. lol.. love the wings on her back as well. She's lovely. Im really taken by how cute she is. Oh and if that is you with the red hear ( nice looking too) then she looks like you!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Missy!
    Had to laugh Kate - Marnie plays peekaboo too - just not with dad's undies!
    Marnie's new thing is when you ask her to hand you something she pretends too give it to you and then takes it back and cracks up laughing. Ummmm aren't you only 11 months old Miss? Not 11 years! She is growing up so fast.

I ordered my paper for Marnie's invitations today - love *sarcasm* living in the bush! Couldn't get it in town - had to order it on the internet! SHould be here Monday!

Must go - Marnie is currently pulling all her cards out of her bag! Which she shouldn't have!

Have a great weekend everyone.
    Once again - COngratulations Tiff!

Of course you're welcome Missy. I felt so bad for you being the only one posting, so come join us and post away!! I am looking forward to checking out your pics, bu thave to run at the moment. We're living at the inlaws until we settle on our new house...long process (the selling of our unit, moving in here etc). Anyway MIL has coco and tilly so I don't want to leave them too long (said I was coming downstairs for a minute)!!
    Kate, GORGEOUS about Jasmine, look forward to the pics. Coco is doing a classic thing. SHe is putting things in her mouth and then crawling (like a cat with its' kitten dangling out) all my Mothers group were in stiches. She did it with an octopus...then with a little block alnd it looked just like a snout,she was a little piggy!
    talksoon, hope everyone is well xoxox

Could someone please give me the dummies version of how to post a photo on my ticker? I can't understand it at all! I've even changed my ticker host and I still couldn't do it.
    Thanks!
    Dani - I hope Jett sleeps well for you tonight and you get a rest - I am thinking of you and the poor little man. Fingers crossed they pop up soon!

Renee, google for 'babysfirstsite', as their tickers are really straight forward. When you select 'birthday ticker' you chose your colour, style and all of that, and down the bottom it gives you the option to upload an image from your computer. It'll attach it all in for you; then you just come back to BellyBelly and paste your ticker address into your user profile section.

Did that make sense? (I'm not making much tonight! *LOL*)

Ok, edited to add that you are indeed using 'babysfirstsite' as your ticker. See how you have the butterfly image on the left hand side of your ticker? Well you would have had to select that particular butterfly image. You need to replace it with your photo option. You've actually selected it from the area where you select the framing; if you want to show your photo you'll need to select something else in that area that resembles a frame rather than a picture/image.

Scroll down the page until you come to the box where there is a little tiny box inside and written next to it is 'enable custom image'. Tick the box by clicking in it. Click on the little tab that says 'choose file'. It should open your files and you can select an image from your computer. Click upload when you've found the image you want. If you want a frame around it, select the 'enable custom frame' and select the one you want. When this is done, click on the box 'save changes'. This will automatically save your new choices and next time you log onto BellyBelly it will update to your newly changed ticker.
    Last edited by Beckibee; November 10th, 2006 at 09:17 PM. Reason: helping Renee with ticker. :)

Awe thank you so much Missy! Yes, I have taken thousands of pics of her! She really is a cheeky monkey! It is so nice to hear someone say she looks like me, as everyone says she looks just like her daddy, so thank you for that too! You made my day! Sounds like you are going to have yourself an early walker! lol at he bubbles at mealtime!

Good instructions Beck! You should be a teacher!! How are you? How is MAddy?

Meg how cute at your little piggy! Too cute! And doing it in front of mothers group...classic!

REnee way to go on Marnie's invites! I did my own for Abby and printed them out last night! I cant believe how fast time is goin! Less than two weeks till Thanksgiving! Oh woops...you dont have that there! I'll make some pumpkin pie for y'all and eat it for you too!

Oh Missy and Yael I forgot to tell you I live in the USA in Texas, so I usually post while y'all are sleeping!

Sarajo, I want some pumpkin pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUMMO (not that I've ever had proper pumpkin pie, but it sounds DELISH)!! I didn't realise thanksgiving was so close to christmas!
    I sent coco's invites out the other day. I printed a really cute pic of her on paper and then wrote the invites (could've typed them, but don'[t really mind writing). HOpefully most people can come, but regardless should be a bit of fun. I usually do pass the parcel etc (well did so for tilly) but can't be bothered this year. Poor coco being second bub!!!
    I got a present for tilly to give her (some baby einstein flash cards and a book) and then Im relying on the inlaws to give her pressies. We just can't afford it this close to a mortgage!! At least as we'll be with the inlaws for both bday and chrissy, they will do the present thing for both girls and we don't have to worry!!!
    Anyway, hope you all have a great weekend. Im taking the girls to the zoo today. Tim has an exam and tilly desperately wants to go to the zoo, so the zoo it is.
    xoxoxo

Meg, have fun at the zoo! Took Abby there last weekend and she loved it!! BTW What is
    pass the parcel
    ?

Sarajo - pass the parcel is game played at most Australian children's parties. It's basically a gift wrapped in either newspaper or wrapping paper, but instead of one layer of wrapping you can do 10, 20 or even 50 (if you had that many children!) layers. Basically, someone turns some music on, and when the music stops the child still holding the parcel unwraps one layer. It keeps going until they get to the final layer and that person wins the prize inside. People even put small gifts/novelties every couple of layers too. (In fact, I was involved in a very naughty/raunchy pass-the-parcel at the races for a friends Hens' Party only a few weeks ago!)

Maddy is going well. She slept through the night 7 nights in a row but last night she woke up for a feed about 4am I think...didn't really look at the time. I'm hoping it's a one off although she's displaying teething signs again *sigh* and looks like her eye teeth are starting to cut through.

Someone mentioned earlier that their daughter's new game is to pretend to give something to someone, and then grab/pull it straight back and laugh? That's what Maddy was doing like 1/2hr ago! *LOL* She kept offering the TV controls to my BIL and then pulling them back and laughing. hehe

Well off to do some more cooking. My MILs birthday was last Tuesday but I promised her Guinness beef (slow cooker! mmmmmm) with mashed potato & vegies for dinner (her selection! *L*). Also bought some of that parmesan toast you get at Sizzlers to cook on the bbq just before; and have snuck a fresh sponge cake with fresh cream & strawberries for dessert. Invited my Mum over too because I've gotten sick of hearing how 'neglected' she's feeling.

Hope you're all having wonderful weekends and your bubbies are being angels!

Please pray for my close friend overseas. She's just gone through IVF and had several embies implanted. She started bleeding heavily and her levels took a dive - so they thought she had m/ced. I had this niggly feeling in the back of my mind that it might not be all over...well this morning she emailed me and said her levels had skyrocketed (much to their surprise) and it looks like they're still expecting. She'll be having an U/S in a few weeks to check if the pg is viable but I am soooo praying hard for her! She's like my big sis and she's been through such heartbreak trying to have a family - her son, Kian, was a twin through IVF but she lost the other baby very early on in the pregnancy. Looks like an almost repeat performance this time around. Can't wait to have a new nephew/niece and praying this is it, because they'd already decided this was their final go - no more fertility treatments after this one.

Oh Sara wow...your overseas. cool. I know how you feel about ppl saying bubs looks like father..I get that to. Although alot of ppl say he looks like DD at that age and she looks like me now so that one good thing. I took some more pic of Callum and ill put them up soon.

Webmeg yes it was starting to bore me talking to myself at the other thread. lol.

Ok will come back later and chat. Nice to meet you all!!!!!

Beck - I am thinking of you and your friend during this trying time. She is in my prayers. Thanks for your detailed instructions - I think Kate is right - you could be a teacher! Marnie is the one who is pretending to give you something and then keeping it! SHe loves this game.
    I'll be back later - I am going to use Beck's instructions to insert a photo!

Thanks Becka! I finally did it!!! Now I can share Marnie with everyone!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast