Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #17

Awwwww....gorgeous shots of Abby Sara! She is such a cutie, and I had a chuckle over Don lighting the pumpkin on fire as well! hehe

*runs off to check out Kate's photos of Jasmine*

Sarajo your photos are gorgeous - you are so adventurous to take Abby camping! We have just visited David's parents on their farm - and living in their house for three nights would almost be considered camping! Not much more to say about that except that I had to clean their house BEFORE we could sleep! Gross.
    I am so tired from working all this week - one day to go. I can't believe I used to work full time! It's also gave me a good indication of how it will be next year going back and am so glad I have opted for 3 days only. David has been a godsend this week looking after our Marnie Moo. All the washing has been done (except for the ironing - I can't say I blame him) and the house is clean. I think he has also had a bit of a wake up call himself. He asked me yesterday how I cleaned the house and looked after Marnie at the same time. How do I fit everything in? The joys of multi tasking I told him - which is evidently beyond the male species!!
    Everyone sounds so busy.
    Kate - I hope your TTC works out for you. Are you still breastfeeding? I know this has played havoc with my cycle and am considering stopping to increase my chances of becoming pregnant. Has anyone got any tips for me with regards to falling pregnant whilst b/f as I would really like to continue? If not how do you wean when you want to stop? I should check out the threads.
    I hope all is well with everyone.
    I hope you aren't working to hard Dani!
    Good luck with the house situation Meg
    Hi Tiggy, Beck, Mel and the other ladies names my sleep deprived brain has missed. I hope Marnie sleeps through tonight!

Hi All

Just a quick pop in. I seriously cant leave Jasmine for a moment. She is into everything. Opens up every cupboard she can, opens drawers, everything! If she cant reach something, she scrunches her face up and fake cries!

Renee I didnt BF at all so I cant help you there Im sorry. I hope youre TTC works out also. Im already having second thoughts! I keep changing my mind! One moment I cant wait and I want another baby, the next Im just so happy with Jasmine and my family as it is I dont want to change it. I just dont know! Tomorrow I will be clucky again, just watch! I was thinking of posting in the TTC forum and see if anyone could give me a very basic run down. If I do, I'll let you know, hopefully someone can break it down for us! Ive had many problems with my cycles, due to polycystic ovaries and even though they seem fairly regular now, I just never can tell. So Im sure thats going to present a problem to me at some stage. It never did before, but only because I was lead to believe kids were out of the question for me!

Sarajo OMG what cute photos! Abby is just so precious. She is such a pretty girl! Looks like you guys had alot of fun!

I thought of having Jasmines birthday early, but Ive settled on Sunday 17th, so its actually 2 days after her birthday. I spoke to mostly everyone yesterday and they all reminded me that we all get together on Christmas Eve to exchange gifts anyway so why would they leave Jasmine out on that night? I feel so much better. Cant believe I forgot about Xmas Eve! Ive been going to the same party for the past 12 years LOL!! Ive also scrapped the Dora theme for Jasmines party. I think its a bit too old for her, and when she is more into it I think I will give her one later. So for now, I need to think of something more baby like!

Meg YAY on the bargaining with the house. I hope it works out quickly and for the price you want! I bet you will be so happy when all of this stress is over with and youre in your own house with your own space! Im excited for you.

Dani, Hope youre well. How is work?
    Melly how are you going? Back at school? How is everything?
    Tiggy how are your babies? I think of you and them often and I hope Ivy is well. Its so not fair. They havent had an easy time. Neither have you! I hope things are better, or on the way to being better anyway.
    Beck I think I need to come up there and take your license away from you! I miss seeing your posts here. Youre too busy! BTW LOVE the blog! How good are you at writing! Its so readable IYKWIM?

Who have I missed? SORRY If I have missed anyone or anything at that matter!! Ive been spotted and have to run!

Hopefully I will be back tonight. I usually stay up fairly late and Jasmine goes to bed fairly early now so I hope you all post lots and lots for me to read tonight!!

Have a great day all!

I never knew you had a blog Beck, how did I miss that???????? I love blogs...not that I've set one up for myself though.
    Beck I miss your posts too, must be all the driving!
    Kate, I know what you mean about being clucky one day and then not the next! I'ts a big scary decision, one that we are planing on not making, but then you never know!
    Now for our news.... they ACCEPTED our offer! Our little house could soon be ours! Im not going to get too excited because we all know what can happen (particularly after the unit losing so many potential buyers)., but we're hopeful and a little excited!!!! The new solicitor we've got is powering along. We onlyfound out today and already he's organised a building inspection for tomorrow!
    anyway, must run and get tilly organised for bed. Hope everyone is doing well. I have my 15 year school reunion tomorrow night. How OLD do I feel!
    xoxoxo

Thanks Kate! If you can work it all out I'd love to know your findings. I think breastfeeding is definitely hindering our chances so we have decided after David's next night shift panel we are going to stop. I am a little sad about it and David doesn't know why! I can't explain it just that it is the only thing Marnie is totally dependent on just me. It's such a special time - but I am sure she would much rather a brother or sister so I'll let you all know how it goes!
    Congratulations Meg on the house - how little is it? Our house is small or cosy as I'd like to put it but it's suits us down to the ground. I hope your solicitor gets it all sorted out - it seemed like it took ages for our house to settle - but it was probably because we were so impatient.
    I'm off to check out Beck's blog.
    Have a great weekend!

Hello.. Sorry, I do keep checking in, but never think of anything to write heh

I just got home from a nice night out with a friend. I stayed out way past when I should have been home considering I just said we were going to a movie, but Logan is asleep in his cot and I didn't get any messages saying I had to go home so all must have been ok.

Logan got his hair cut today. I have had people saying I didn't really need to, but it was growing over his ear and looking a little scruffy so I just got it trimmed. I took a couple of photos on my phone, I will try to put them up some time. I have some really bad quality videos up on Logans photobucket site (I wanted to see how they'd look and can't be bothered taking them down yet), plus some photos from our weekend in Mudgee

I just want to say I am trying to get around to looking at all the beautiful baby pics you all have, I think I am almost done, for now until there are more. I must say we have a gorgeous bunch of babies in this group.. Not that I am biased.. oh no.. LOL

Meg, Yay! Your family may soon have a house, how exciting! I hope it all goes the way you want it to.

Kate, I have been getting clucky too, but I also know there is no way I could keep up with everything if I were pregnant at the moment.. that and the lack of anyone to make babies with makes it all a little hard to accomplish. ha. But I do miss being pregnant, despite how tired I was of being pregnant by the end of it. I am going to stop talking about that now otherwise I will ramble on..

I am going ok, been a bit down lately, but I think I've just let things get on top of me again. I had my last class last Wednesday (well, exam briefing) and have my first exam on this coming Wednesday. I'm so terrified, doing a practice exam helped a little (I think I did alright in it, 72%), but still, I just get stressed by exams.

Everything is a bit.. up & down. But I won't get in to that.

Sorry I really need to get some sleep, sorry if I've missed people.

Have a good weekend everyone

Mel, I hope lyou're feeling better soon. I think that for any mum there are times when they're up and down, but you are doing SO much and probably not sleeping as well etc, so things are bound to get on top of you. Just know htat you're amazing and doing a great job. I think that if you do get depressed, being busy is one of the best things you can do (having suffered depression in the past), and you're certainly doing that. Keep it up, you will be proud of yourself when you finish uni (and all the way through) and that also is important.
    Renee, I totally hear you on finishing breastfeeding. It is very sad. You could show your husband a thread on belly belly about stopping breastfeeding, it is a very emotional and sad time for alot of women. Because Coco weaned herself I still feel sad (just this morning I was reminiscing!!). I tried to feed her the other day and she literally laughed at me and blew a raspberry at my boob!! It's one of those things, but at least if you're having another one you'll get to feed again. Then you can continue on for as long as you want (unless you go for number 3)!!!!
    hope everyone has a good day. Tilly has a jazz concert today, she's very excited. Im very annoyed. She's in one dance and her STUPID teacher went and put a whole other class in front of hers so we can't see Tillys class. How slack is that. THey could've taught the two different classes different dances so they could do a separate show for the parents. Anyway, not to worry, we'll be swapping dance schools next year!
    Keep fingers crossed for our house. Tim is going over this morning to be there for the building inspection. It's all very nervewracking, i just want my house!!
    By the way, it's 3 bed, very small and cosy, one bathroom, has a nice kiddy backyard. Also there is a garage that is not used underneath so we will convert it to a guest room. Im so nervous but excited!!! xoxoxo

tiggy Guest

Hi girls!
    Thanks for all of the thoughts and wishes regarding "Ivy always sick". She is alot better today, was better yesterday and MUCH happier. We are bed swapping this weekend, putting Ivy and Lily in together and Noah in by himself. He has become a shocking night sleeper and so we thought Ivy might have a chance of sleeping through if she were away from him. We have six bedrooms so there is the option of both babies going in seperate rooms but Lily has been hanging to share with her little sister. What do you think? Is it crazy?

Mel, hun, I think of you often and wonder how you are going. Sorry that things have been up and down lately, I completely understand. What Meg says is true. It's something every Mum goes through. You give yourself such a hard time. You are amazing! A wonderful Mum, going to Uni, handling XDF and all the other things that go along with life. 72% is fantastic for a practise exam, you should be really proud of yourself.
    Hope that you get some rest soon, cute at Logan's first haircut. Noah is just about due for his third! Ivy hasn't had one yet.

Meg, YAY! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and your 'little' home. It sounds just perfect. Poo to the dance teacher! Sounds as though a change will be a good thing.
    The girls concert is on the 3rd of December but the first rehersal is tomorrow. I'm on costume making duty this weekend and Dave is looking after the babies and the big kids (you can see by my lengthy post that I am really VERY involved with the costume making, LOL).

Renee, Ditto what our wise Meg has said. I still feel sad about not BFing anymore. The twins are my last babies and I won't have that opportunity ever again. I cried for weeks after Ivy spat me out!

Kate, I know that clucky feeling. Run with it girl!!! Jasmine is such a cutey, you couldn't possibly go wrong! I'm sure whatever you decide will be the right thing for you and your family. Good luck with the TTC threads!

Dani, Beck,Sara How are you and your cherubs?

Hello! I am finally starting to feel better! Just in time for my 30th birthday Sunday! Woohoo! I know I should be dreading it, but Im actually excited to be thirty!

Meg YAY! I hope everything goes smoothly on the house! How exciting!

Kate I agree with a cutie with Jasmine, go with the clucky feeling! Only when you are ready though!

Tiff I think it is a wonderful idea to switch the sleeping arrangements! What can it hurt to try?

Melly how cute @ Logans first haircut! Did you take pics? Good luck on your exame! I used to get soo stressed at exams too! Almost would make me sick to my stomache!

Renee lol and yuck on having to clean the house before you slept there! Camping was a lot of fun, and I really cant wait to go again when the mosquitos arent as bad! We are lookjing into getting a pop up camper for next year so we can have heat and air-conditioning for Abby and any future rugrats! We'll see if we can afford something after seeing how big Don's bonus is!

Awe thanks Beck, and thank all of you with all your nice coments about my Abby pics! Beck I didnt know you had a blog either! Where is it?

Well, Abby was completely clingy today,and whiney. She wanted to lay on me all day...I hope she isnt getting my flu. I felt like that at first, no energy and just yucky. She wanted to sit on my lap and when I would hold her she would lay back on me for long periods at a time. No playing today! It just isnt like her. We'll see if we go to the zoo as planned tomorrow!

Smile

Hello Ladies,
    Good and Bad news.
    Good news I will be back around here more.
    Bad news is I have been let go from work!
    More Good news is that I am starting back again in 3 weeks on a new project at the same place.
    Confused??? I was working at Sales Force doing a Telstra project but I am unable to do that anymore so I am starting to do the ANZ project in three weeks.
    I am happy in a way I have no more work for a while. I was getting so tired
    Anyway on a lighter note I have finally finished Jett’s birthday invites. I have had them at the printers. I went to pick them up after 4pm like they told me and they hadn’t even started them yet. Turns out there was a problem with the PC. I have got them know and have just finished putting the magnets on them and addressing the envelopes. Just have to post them all now.
    How is everyone’s planning going? So much to do and so little time and now cash to do it with.
    I went out for dinner with Jett for the first time ever on Thursday night. I was stressing heaps as I took him to softball on Wednesday night as I had no one who could look after him. Was that the biggest mistake ever? He just screamed for the whole 2 hours we were there. I was so embarrassed. We had no one on our bench so I had to get the other team to look after him when we were fielding. My heart was breaking and I just wanted to run off the field.
    I swear this completely clingy and whiney thing must be an age thing. All of my mum’s at mother’s group are having the same issues. Jett is getting better in the last few days but still is funny about being held by people he doesn’t know. It is kinder weird cause he used to e happy to go to anyone???

Sarajo – I hope you have the best birthday ever!! I have a few years to wait but I too can’t wait to be 30, most of my girlfriends have just turned 30 and they are loving it.
    Those photos of Halloween they were so cute. I could look at shot’s of Abby for hours, I must admit she is just so photogenic.
    I loved Abby’s pumpkin. The piggy tails were just so cute!!!
    Kate – Hello, OMG. You sure do have a little princess. She is getting cuter ever time I see shots of her. I loved the bathers shot and the one that she is sticking her tongue out in, think it may be 9 months old?? Where are all of the photo’s of you??
    I was so happy to see Jasmine in her walker. I have never heard anyone talk about their bubba’s going in them. Jett loves his, he is really fast zipping around the house in it. I have a feeling the walker is the reason for the lack of crawling??
    Mel – I hope you are doing well, I have been missing you on MSN. I have been starting work at 7am so I have been going to bed earlier than normal.
    More personals later for those who I have missed, Jett Boy is up...

tiggy Guest

Hi Dani! Wow, you have been put through the work wringer lately!
    Our party is next weekend and I am beside myself trying to get everything done as we have ballet concert too.

Sarajo HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow!!!!! Hope you have a great day.

Happy birthday Sarajo for tomorrow! The big 30 - Mine is next year - and hopefully I'll be pregnant or already have our new baby! I am so clucky at the moment!
    Enjoy your time at home with Jett Dani! We will never get this time back so treasure it.
    Last edited by Renee Elizabeth; November 5th, 2006 at 02:36 PM.

Hey gorgeous ladies! Sorry I haven't been around lately...truthfully there are times I come in here to read I just don't have the time or energy to post. Selfish I know!

Maddy is back to herself...she's slept through the night the past two evenings (thank goodness) and although she's still a little phlemy, she's so much better.

Wow, can't get over how many posts there have been in the last 24 hours...will have to come back later when Maddy is asleep in bed and do the personals! *LOL*

P.S - Glad you like my blog...I just write crap there usually! *L* Someone earlier asked how to get to my blog - I've fixed the link from my username here, it'll take you to our family blog now instead of Maddy's out-of-date website. There is also a link from the blog to Maddy's photo page.

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY SARAJO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy 30th BIRTHDAY SARAJO !!!

I hope you have such a great birthday!

Hi everyone,

We thought we might come join your group also - don't know what happened to everybody from Jan '06.

Anyway, might introduce myself very quickly before my son destroys the study!

I have 1 boy, a very active one who likes to keep me on my toes. He has been crawling since 6 months, and has been taking steps holding onto things for about 1.5 months now... he likes anything he isn't supposed to (licking the rubbish bin, playing with power points, destroying things) a real little boy!!!

He isn't such a good sleeper, although over the past few weeks he has got a little better. He has always been ok a night (wakes for 1 feed), but the days he does the 40 min thing.

He is just getting over an inner ear infection, last few days had a temp of 39.8, but the antibiotics are working and he has finally started eating again, thank god!

Ummm....what else??

About me, I'm 24, have just started working a few hours a week locally, otherwise i'm at home with him... Trying to decide what to do about finishing my uni degree - i have 3 subjects left of a b. Science in genetics, but i want to transfer... Did want to do nursing/midwifery, but i have severe hand dermatisis (ecezma), so that one seems to be a no-go! Just starter UV therapy on my hands for 6 months, so hoping that will fix it!

I have an incredible husband, who helps me out so much as i very limited by my hands (basically can't touch any irritants, including water), so i can't do any kitchen work, any cleaning, can't bath the baby, have to wear gloves to change him that kind of thing!

Anyway, better run & stop DS from destroying some books.

Oh, and happy birthday Sarajo.

Yael
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:59 PM.

tiggy Guest

Happy 30th Birthday Sarajo

Hi Yael
    You sound like one busy lady!
    Welcome aboard! Ivy and Noah were born on the last day of November but the lovely December girls have welcomed me here!

Happy 30th Birthday Sarajo!!!

And welcome to the group Yael.
    You do sound very busy.
    DA sounds like a lovely little boy and your ticker photo of him is adorable.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast