Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #19

Happy birthday Bec and logan. Hope you had a great day!!!
    DanielleYes thank God for the Wiggles. My SIL gave me all her DD's and Ive got about 8 tapes. At the moment he is into Christmas wiggles and we dance around the room. Very funny!!!!:P Thanks for the kind words about my photos. I agree they are cute!!!.

Sarajo I love my ticker. I get board so easy that im always changing it. Love the photo of Callum in his hat. Well its my DH's hat. Callum hates wearing this hat and he is always taking it off naughty boy.

Well all Im off for a Bath Woooohoooo .lol....Love them sooooooooooo much.

Take care all.

Red face

Happy Birthday Beck!!!!!

Kate - Glad to see you back.
    Sarajo - Sorry to hear you are not well, I hope the pain gets better. OMG Don what a sweety, Men are good in times of need..
    Melly - Glad to hear that all worked out well with your Ex and Logan's party. I hope that he had the best day ever.
    Meg - I hope Tilly has nothing broken too!!

I have a little winge, feedback would be great..
    Work has now asked us to work from 10am till 8pm Monday to Friday. When I got the job they told us we would be working from 12pm till 8pm. We are also working Saturday 10am till 4pm. It is only till the 16th of December should I say something or not rock the boat?? I am truly P*>?ed off that they want use to commit to so many hours per day, Jett is always more important than work anyday?? I have no idea.:frown:

Thanks for the lovely messages ladies! I've had a great (albeit busy) day. Went out shopping with PILs this morning (they bought me a new handbag as Maddy had chewed apart *L* my handle of my old one, the new Westlife concert DVD & the latest Cecilia Ahern book); lunch with family, leg & eyebrow waxing appointment this afternoon and then coffee tonight with DH & Maddy.

I have a sick bubba though. Maddy's had a fever today and her cheeks are flushed...my niece brought home 'slapped cheek (parvo virus)' a week or so ago and she was around Maddy when she was contagious. I think my little button has it now and she's been lethargic & glassy eyed all day. *sad face*

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECK!!!

I hope Maddy feels better soon!

Now I feel bad for blaming you on drews mis-birthday! lol!

Beck, I hope Maddy improves soon. It's just awful when theyr'e sick. Im glad you had a great bday though!
    I love your blog, looks like you had a ball at Westlife, glad you got to meet some of them!! Gotta run, I am going to see how tilly slept and if we need to get xray, we didn't yesterday.
    Also we are moving in to our new place on or around Dec 19th...maybe I told you that, but we are SO excited. there'll be things to do, but at least we'll be in for christmas. I really want to get there and see how dark coco's room is and if I have to do anything to it. I hope the blinds and/or curtains are good there. I have NO idea...
    have a great day everyone. I am working today!!!! First day of work in over a year!It's at my mums new cafe which opened yesterday!!
    xoxoox

Hey everyone,

Just to let you know that we are all still sick here (from colds to gastro - lovely huh!)

Anyway, have lots to write, will hopefully try and get on later once i've had a chance to catch up on all the news.

Just wanted to let you know i'm still around.

Yael

Awww Yael, hope you all start to feel better soon! {{{{huggles}}}}

Meg, best of luck at your first day back at work. Hope it all runs smoothly for you, and can't wait to see photos of your new place - you must be so excited about being moved in before Christmas!

Maddy is a bit better today, still has a bit of a temp but she looks more with it. She slept well suprisingly - I had geared myself up for the fact that sick child normally = bad, interrupted night of no sleep.

tiggy Guest

Beck and Yael,
    So sorry that you have sick babies/household. Hope that everyone starts to feel better soon.

We are off to have our 12 month needles today and not looking forward to it at all. Ivy had a shocker of a night and she is currently crying in her cot, determined to stay awake. I feel as though I need matchsticks to keep my eyes open as this is the third night in a row that she has been sleeping poorly.
    Next Tues day we are off to the respiratory unit for Ivy's allergy testing, so hopefully will have more of an idea of the things she is allergic to.

Dani thank you so much for your kind words. It really made my day to read that but right back at you, hun, you have helped me too.

Meg, how was work???? I am nervous about going back. Good to hear that you will be in the house before Christmas.
    Hi Sarajo, how are you and Abby?
    Kate, glad to hear that you migranes are settling. How is Jasmine going?
    Hi Melly,Missy, Renee, hope all your littlies are good
    Last edited by tiggy; December 7th, 2006 at 09:14 AM.

Hi all

WOW!!! I just got back from play group with Callum. He loved it. It started at 10 ( bad time as he is usually asleep) and finishes at 12. He had the best time. I think im going to keep going there. The only thing is he was up at 6 so he didnt have a morning sleep. We hit the car and he started knodding. LOL. Its just around the corner so we made it home in time for him to go to bed. I just checked on him and he is sound asleep with bumb up in the air.LOL.

Other then that not much happening here. Hope you who are sick including the bubs get better soon.

For those who are returning to work, Good luck.

Well Ill catch up soon.

Smile

Hi girls! My computer is really SLOOOOOOOW tonight so I don't even know if this will post.
    I am so excited tonight! My brother and his wife will be home tomorrow. THey live in Canada and I haven't seen Benn for 2 years and Jillian for 4 years. So I am excitedly awaiting their visit. It will be their first time to see little Marnie too.
    I hope you had a great birthday Beck. Sorry Maddy isn't feeling well. I hope she is better soon. I have never even heard of what your niece has? WHat are the symptoms? I hope your niece recovers soon too!
    Missy - we have just started playgroup as well in the last month - Marnie loves it. I know what you mean about the 10 o'clock start but it's only once a week and I think the benefits for the baby (and mummy!) outweigh the missed sleep.....except for the tiredness by the end of the day!:eek:
    Dani - I don't know what to say about your work situation - I think I would be cranky too if work sprung a weekend on me. Fortunately that is not possible being a schoolteacher - but I did get 3-4 phonecalls my first week of maternity leave a day (ME being 37 weeks pregnant!) It got to the point I had to let them know that I thought maternity leave was exactly that - leave which included phonecalls. Congrats on Jett's big crawl! Look out he'll be walking soon.
    MEg - YEAH! The countdown is on for your house! I hope Tilly is okay!
    Kate - Sounds like the visit with Michael went well. What does it feel like being the mother of a one year old? Marnie is one on Tuesday. I still can't believe how fast she is growing up. I wish she would slow down.
    Sarajo - Hugs to you with your AF at the moment. I haven't much advice but I can relate to how you may be feeling. Big hugs to that gorgeous little girl of yours... I am sure your party went well despite the weather. They are predicting temps of 40 degrees plus for Marnie's party thank goodness it is at the pool.
    I have so much to catch up on here so a big hello to Tiggy (the wonderful moderator!) Mel, and Yael. I hope your beautiful bubs are keeping you on your toes!
    A question for everyone. How far are your babies walking? Marnie is only taking one step by herself but is flat out around furniture and on her pushing hippo. At playgroup on Tuesday she pushed a wooden trolley for about 15 minutes around and around the gym. I think she will be awhile off walking unaided - just doesn't have the confidence yet.

Okay - time to catch up in here. Have a great night/weekend everyone!

Renee, Coco doesnt' even stand often!!!!!!!! She has never ever taken a step and doesn't cruise the furniture. Her little toes curl under and we've decided she has no desire whatsoever to walk!! Im thinking maybe about 14 months we'll have movement, or standing or something...she can pull herself up but does so only about once a day, it just doesn't interest her. Very different to tilly who walked properly on her 1st bday!! It's the first milestone I've been able to compare as I can't remember the others!! Mind you Coco does have tilly and holly to carry her everywhere, and she's a really fast crawler! I know my brother didn't walk until 17 months as he was so efficient at crawling!!! Love it!!!
    Kate, just got the BB newsletter and say your comment about inliven. Was just wondering if you're still taking it and how it's going? I take a probiotic powder, and I hope it helps (coco and tilly take one too) but Im useless at noticing any difference ever when it comes to vitamins and minerals!! Im just always tired regardless!!
    Hope everyone else is ok. Beck, hope Maddy is getting better.
    Coco had her worst night going to sleep last night than EVER. She usually self settles but last night it took 1.5 hours of huge distress and screaming. I was so worried, but eventually she fell asleep. Really unusual. Im thinking maybe teeth, but we've got 6 now and I thought there was a break in between. Who knows....she also ate her shampoo so may have had a sore tum.
    Work was good, Im totally exhausted today though!! Hope you all have a great day
    xoxoxo

Hi ladies

Renee I totally agree about the babies missing the morning sleep to be at play group. Callum had 2 1/2 hrs sleep when we got home and then was so wingy and at 4pm I put him back down but he didnt sleep he just played in his cot for an hour so that was ok. I didnt have to listern to him sook. Then he had his dinner and bath and went back down at 7pm and woke this morning at 7am so that was a good sleep. He and his Sister had brecky together. Melissa had pancakes and he has weetbix and fruit. It was so nice seeing him trying to talk to Mel. Very Cute!!!

Meg I bet you were tired after work. Its abig thing going back to work. Melissa was 4 when I went back and 8 years later as full time ive decided not to go back. I want to enjoy Callum and As he was IVF and also work only would let me come back full time I couldnt put Callum in day care all day every day. So Im a stay at home mummy. YAY. Will be hard with money but we will get there.

I hope all you other ladies and your babies are well.

Boy I cant wait till Christmas. Im like a big kid. LOL
    Take care all.

Danielle I just opened the photo's you sent of Jett's
    First bday. How cool are the photos. I wanted a jumping castle but DH said he is to young.:mad: He said to have one at his 5th so thats what we are going to do. But your photos are great. Looks like a good time you had.

Well done!!!!

Have you guys heard about the Toys'r'us 12 days of Christmas sales? They have some really cool toys on BIGTIME sale today...I'm going to go and grab the matchbox cars & the My LIttle Pony toys for my nephew & niece.

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry i'm in a big rush (DS is asleep and lots to do, as we are going to a naming ceremony at 12.30), so not much time for personals.

but firstly:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NOAH, IVY, JETT, BEC & LOGAN

Hope you all had great birthday's, the first (and the ... for Bec) of many! - and that you all got lots of pressies and cake of course.

Kate - I'm sorry to hear about everything with your x (saw it in the relationships thread). My DH works for the child support agency, so if you every want advice about what is the best thing to do, your rights etc, feel free to PM me and i'll get him to give you a rundown about it. I hope your migraines are better, and that everything starts to get a bit easier for you to.

Missy - good to hear you are enjoying playgroup - it must be good to get out and meet other mums. Did everything with Callums head work out ok? Didn't get to post around then, but was thinking of you.

Sarajo - great to hear Abby liked the party (and cake) and the pressies to! Sorry to hear AF is so bad atm!

Dani - hope you are getting some time to yourself with all the work & housework. I did 10 hours this week and that was hard enough.

Meg - is Tilly ok? My nephew did that a few years back - very scary but he was ok.

Bec - is Maddy feeling better?

Tiggy - How are the twins going? Sounds like your found out a lot for the pead. How the allergy testing goes well for Ivy

Renee - enjoy the visit from your bro and SIL! We also have family overseas so we know how great it is when you get to see them.

Ok, i hope i didn't forget anything major, sorry if i forgot anyone - it wasn't on purpose!

Anyway, my major news is that i got AF yesterday!!! I don't think i've ever been this happy for it before. First time since I was preg with DS (although i thought it would be coos if i got preg without my period so when my obs asked me for my LMP i could say 31/3/ - 2005!). But hopefully this means i can be pregnant very very soon - like 14 days soon!!!

Anyway, have to run, lots to do. Have a great weekend people (a hot one if you are in Melb!)

Yael
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:56 PM.

tiggy Guest

OMG Yael!
    That was so interesting to read. I love all the ceremonies and festivals. It all made sense to me, wasn't confusing at all. Off to look at the piccies now. Thanks for sharing all of that.

Ivy has another middle ear infection and is back on antibiotics after only three days off them! I called the paed and told him that we couldn't go on like this, that we needed to do something now and asked for a referral to an ENT (which he agreed to whole heartedly and faxed through straight away). Anyway, we phoned to make an appointment and we can't get in until the 27th of MARCH 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My poor poor little baby girl, what are we going to do?

Yael

I understood it here. I think its lovely and good for you. Good luck for today.
    Yes everything was ok with Callum head. I just have to keep an eye on it and just lets hope his head keeps growing. Yes we love mothers/baby group. They finish but re open next year so we will be back there.
    Awwww how good are your photos. Loved looking at them.!!!

Tiff. You poor thing. Thats a long wait. poor little Ivy hope she gets rid of the ear infec soon. Tiff, do you clean the babies ears with cotton buds. I use to do that with Melissa and she was always getting ear infec. So one of the times I went to the doc I said I cant understand why she is always getting them as I clean her ears out all the time. He asked me if I used cotton buds and I said yes. He said well thats why. I was cleaning them to much and removing all the wax in the ear to protect them. Once I stopped so did the problems. She hasnt had any ear infec since. She was 2 and now she is almost 13. I do not clean Callums either with Cotton buds just with a face washer. Just incase you were and the same thing was happening to you. Good luck hun
    Last edited by Missy; December 8th, 2006 at 12:15 PM.

Hi Everyone

WOW what a busy time of year. Im feeling overwhelmed with getting Jasmines birthday organised and having Xmas the very next week! I decided on NO THEME lol and I cant imagine how much harder it would be for me if I had have chosen one. Im off to organise her cake tomorrow, its just a photo cake. Then next week I have to pick up all the decorations from Spartys. Im thinking of buying the helium thing myself, and blowing them up at home, because I cant imagine driving in the car with all those balloons lol!

All of your babies that have had parties already look like they had such a wonderful time! I hope Jasmines day comes off just as well. THANKYOU for sharing all of your photos with me!

I dont have much time today, but I wanted to tell you on Wednesday I took Jasmine to try another Santa altogether, and this guy she loved! So I have her Santa photo up on her website. Of course the best photo of Jasmine had Santa's eyes closed, but oh well! He was such a good Santa. He came up to her in the pram and talked to her for a bit, she played with his beard, and then I undid her straps and she climbed right out and walked right over to him! She never does that. She never walks over to any stranger! So yeah it was fun. Compared to our first experience!

Also Jasmine took her first escalator ride with me! My mum refuses to ride them and I needed to go downstairs, and Jasmine wanted to come with me....shes too heavy to carry so I left the pram with mum and we very slowly walked to the escalator and she stood there very still the whole way. Was a pretty scary experience for me! Everywhere I go, people say to me "Oh she looks too little to walk" lol its true, then I say to them "imagine how she looked taking her first steps at 9.5 months" Freaks me right out! Jasmine practically feeds herself now too, and this morning she fed herself breakfast and hardly left any mess at all. She is getting so good at it. I got so sad. Im saying goodbye to my baby and hello to a toddler way earlier than I want to.

When I say "NO" to her... omg I get such filthy looks from her pmsl It cracks me up. She gets really angry and squeals when she cant do something, or when I dont let her. I think I have a hot head on my hands. Dont know where she gets that from lol She is still doing the phone thing, ANYONE at all she sees on the phone or ANY PHONE at all rings, she puts her hand up to her ear, leans on her hand and jabbers away. Its just too cute. I HAVE to catch it on video for you to see. Its classic.

I think thats all I wanted to share.

I will hopefully be back for better personals later on tonight but I just bought myself the Wii and I really want to play it

Yael What an interesting read that was. I LOVE that! Such a cultural background is so interesting. Thank you so much for sharing that. It read really well too.

Tiggy That sucks that you have to wait that long. Poor Ivy!!!! Maybe you can ask them if they have any cancellations can they put you in early. That just breaks my heart that little Ivy has to put up with it until then. And so do you and your family. Its not fair. Ive always had problems with my ears since I was born, and ended up losing my hearing in my left ear when I was in Year 9. I have had alot of surgery on my left ear and my ENT ended up being like part of the family I saw him that much! He's passed on now, otherwise I would ask him for help for you! I feel so sorry for Ivy, knowing what it feels like. Please vent to us anytime you need to. Actually if you want me to ring the ENT and force you an appointment earlier, let me know. Im pretty good at stuff like that!

Missy I bet you will miss Mothers Group. Im sad that Gymbaroo and pretty much everything shuts down for school holidays. Hello?? What do people with babies care about school holidays... lol. Jasmine sleeps with her bum up in the air now too. Its cute!

Sarajo Omg Abbys party. How cute is she!!!! I loved the cake, did you make it yourself? Looks like Abby enjoyed it too. She looks so cute all rugged up. I bet you had the best time. I love how you get into these things, youre very good at it. I cant wait to see your Xmas photos!!!

Beck YAY for getting spoilt! I must go and check out your blog! I have been getting the TRU emails but I havent bothered to go to the store. Im almost done with shopping. Can you believe I just said that LOL

Dani I admire you for going to work, but omg I would not ever be doing what theyre asking right now. Kick up a stink if you must, but surely they should understand. Sometimes I miss working, and then I read something like that and Im so glad I dont have to! Jett is way more important than any job, your right. Ok on the other hand, the boss part of me says the 16th of Dec is only like a week. As long as its not on going and they start to think, well ok she did it once, she will do it again. KWIM? Anyway Im sure the extra $$ will come in handy. You will make the right choice. Youre a great mum who makes good decisions.

Renee How exciting that your brother and SIL are coming to visit. Jasmine has been walking a while now. I say she started stepping about 9.5 months, and then stepped for a while, just for confidence I think. Gymbaroo really helped her along and gave me exercises to do with her, and then she just found her feet and off she went. Every day she finds something new to get into. Im sure Marnie will walk whenever she feels comfortable. I wish Jasmine didnt do it so soon sometimes! Another thing is Jasmine has no arch in her foot, she has flat flat feet like her Dad so maybe that made it easier for her?

Melly YAY for getting along with the ex. Im glad for you. You have it altogether, Im sure he must be very envious of that. Do you have school holidays soon and get a big break?

Meg How was work? LOL @ ate shampoo. Jasmine prefers the bubble bath to eat LOL! We keep having random unsettled nights too. My friend said to me that Jasmine is going through a huge growth spurt right now, and I should prepare for it. Ive been waiting for it. In fact she is eating alot more some days, and then barely anything the next. She is sleeping SOOOO much more too. At present, she is waking up around 12-1pm. She does get up around 8am, but has a bottle, new nappy and goes straight back to sleep. I dont know what to do with myself half the time! Its only been 1 week so Im hoping that I can have our days back soon.
    As for the In-Liven, I didnt even know my quotes were on there lol.
    Truly I can feel the difference. Im usually so sluggish, I could spend a whole day and night in bed if I could. With In-Liven, Im quite happy to jump out of bed in the morning. Im not as short tempered, and my patience threshold is higher. I also think its helping my anxiety too! Mind you, It tastes like ****. Seriously, the worst taste ever. I had to stop it for a while because I was gagging just by smelling it. But now Im drinking it with Nudie Juice and Im back to normal. I can feel it when Im not taking it. I dont even understand how something like a probiotic can have such an effect on me. I gave it a try, thinking most people were exaggerating, but really theyre telling the truth! I also take Centrum and FGF for Iron now too, and my body just feels better. Did I mention that I dont drink Coke now, at all?? I was a serious Coke drinker, like 5 cans a day! Now I cant even stand tasting it. And chocolate, I used to have it every day, now I only want it a few days before AF and then I dont have it again either. So weird. The only thing new to my life is In-Liven so it must be that! I recommend it, its a bit on the pricey side, but you can get it on ebay cheaper too

Omg I typed too much

Im running late

Im sorry if I have missed anyone

Sorry Sorry Sorry

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast