Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #19

Hello! It has been alittle while! Abby had an appointment with her doctor last week, and her ear infection is all better so she got her flu shot. She has had fever the past couple of days, and last night she was up till 5:00am! YAWN! I had to get up for a dentist appt at 7:00, and I was soooo tired all day! She took two naps today...one 4 hours and the other 3! I am starting to get worried about her reflux again, she vomits OFTEN! Oh well, I guess if she is gaining weight it is just a matter of cleaning up after her, and a lot of upset tummies. I feel so bad, and I dont know what to do. I mentioned it to her doc and she just told me to watch her and that it may not be her reflux but just still a touch of the gastro, teething, car-sickness, that type of thing. Anyway, right now she is at my neighbors because I had to pick Don up from work. he is still working, so I am using his work computer to post! He has now been working today for omg 16 hours straight! Wow my poor DH! Anyway, I was getting bored waiting so he told me I could use his computer!

yes I did make Abbys cake! thanks! BTW, I send yahoo pics to people, and if I dont to any of you, that just means I dont have your email, so if you can give my your email I will add you to my list! I think I can get your email if you just sign Abby's guestbook on her website!

Tomorrow we get our Christmas tree! Wooho! I am so excited! I love Christmas! tonight Don was going to take me out on a date and now he had to work instead! maybe we'll have a date tomorrow or something?

Yael YAY on AF arriving! your body is preparing to get pg again! BTW, I loved reading about Dovid's name and also about your traditions! That is so interesting! I am so sorry for the passing of your uncle while you were expecting...how wonderful that you had a son you can pass that name onto!!

Kate I got a helium tank for Abbys party...it was so much easier than having them blown up somewhere! I cant wait to see pics of Jasmines party! She is such a cutie with the phone! I cant wait to see a video of that! I also cant wait to see her pic with santa...I'll take a look after this post!

Tiff I feel so bad for little Ivy! I wish there was somthing they could do for her! have they talked about maybe tubes? Poor thing...she is probably dizzy all the time! Poor mama too, it is so hard dealing with sick babies, and you ahve had your fair share!

Beck how fun! have a good time at toysRus! I dont think our sale is THAT big here! I o love shopping there though! There and babiesRus!

Missy Yay that Callum likes his playgroup! hard to miss that morning nap, but worth it, aye?

Meg That is too cute that Coco bends her toes so she doesnt stand! Abby is really unmotivated to start walking also. She does cruis furniture and will walk holding onto a toy, but as soon as you want her to stand on her own, her legs turn into spaghetti! loll! how funny that coco eats her shampoo. Abby will drin her bathwater! She splashes with her mouth open wide to catch all the dirty water and drink it ! It is so gross! She will open her mouth sooo wide and then lean over and splash splash splash! It is really funny looking! I hope Coco is sleeping better for you tonight! Yay at starting back to work! Did you have a good time?! I dont see me going back for quite some time...maybe a few kids later! I am an engineer / CAD designer, so a carreer in that would just be too demanding and not leave me enough time with my baby girl! Maybe its time to change carreers when I do decide to go back so that I can have more family time...maybe a teacher? hmmm...time will tell!

Renee have a great visit with your brother and his wife! They will be so tickled to see marnie! Have a great time...take lots of pics!

Off to look at all your new pics! I want to check out Yaels site again now that I will understand better! Have a good Saturday y'all!

Wow what great pics! I love them all!

Kate I forgot to tell you! I had a dream that Abby was playing with this little girl that looked like Jasmine, and I told the mom that she looked like a baby of an online friend of mine from belly belly and she told me she was on belly belly and it was you! We hugged and you lived in the USA and we lived close and set up playdates! How dissapointing to wake up from that one! lol! Anyeay, love the pic of Jasmine with Santa! How funny Santa blinked! lol! I love the videos of her too! that is exactly what Abby looks like when she throws a ball! lol!

Sarajo, that's classic about your dream! Aren't dreams just the strangest things ever. I love dreaming though and remember every single one I have.
    Dont know why coco screamed so much the other night, but we didnt' have a repeat performance for the last two nights, so very happy about that. Im nervous about the new house as I dont know what her new room will be like, as here is is so dark and she's slept better than ever here. If her room is light in the new place I think I will put foil over the windows.
    Sara, just a suggestion, have you tried taking Abby to a chiro? They are brilliant for stopping reflux and stuff, so maybe worth having her checked. I have taken coco to a chiropractor since she was 3 weeks. Her latest visit was last week. I love my chiro, I go and so does Tilly
    hope everyone's well. We're off air con hunting again....this is what we were doing this time last year! Now we need one for the new place!! It's hard not really know ing what the new place is like, wish we could get in early. Like we don't know where power points are, if there are doors on all the door ways etc....
    better run, have a good one all xoxoo

Hmmm chiro aye? I havent even thought of that being related to reflux at all! I'll bring it up to the pediatrician next month and see what she says! She vomited twice more today! We werre on our way to get our Christmas tree and she vomited all over the truck so we had to turn around, and leave her with our neighbor again while we went out! Then when we got back and before we put her to bed we gave her soy milk and it bounced, so chances are she will be up again before tomorrow hungry!

Tonight a lady in my neighborhood on my street had a girls night in and we all went over there and played silly drinking games and acted like teenagers! It was fun, but I only had less than 2 glasses of wine and I feel I can barely type. Wow my tolerance has really gone down since I have had Abby-girl! Anyway, it was fun to get away for a little while. Now it is time for bed. I hope Abby does sleep well cause I feel like Im about to pass out! lol! Seriously...less than two glasses of wine! Wow. I am such a light-weight now a days!

Tomorrow we decorate our Christmas tree! I love doing that! It brings back such great memories, going through all the ornaments! Don is sleeping on the couch with a terrible headache right now. I'll have to go wake him up, which I hate because he is a grouch if you try to wake him. He is a prince otherwise though, so I cant really complain! I am rambling now, so off to bed I go! nighty night!

cheeky_monkey Guest

Hi everyone do u all remember me lol i havent been in here for a few weeks, ive jus been so busy with xmas shopping and birthday party plans and Gemma is 1 on tuesday omg it has gone so quick, it was her party on saturday and it was so much fun all the kids had a blast, Gemma was so good didnt cry all day she didnt stop playing though ate cake and junk food but i didnt care it was her bday

i promise ill check in more often

bec abd gemma

Hey lovely ladies... Hope you're all having wonderful weekends.

Just wanted to pop by and say that I need to take a break from here for a few days. Nothing is wrong, I guess I just need to take some time out and decide if this website/message board is the right place for me right now. Trust me, it's nothing any of you wonderful November/December/January ladies have said or written...perhaps it's just me being overly sensitive.

Huge hugs and wishes to you all, and I'll probably be back with you all later in the week. XXXX
    Last edited by Beckibee; December 10th, 2006 at 10:32 PM.

Cheeky_monkey I love Gemma's first birthday party pics! She is such a cutie! It looks like you ahd a wonderful time! The cake turned out beautiful! It looked like Gemma liked it too!

Beck AWE you take all the time you need! I hope you come back though, you have been such a blessing for us here! I hope you have a good week! I will be on holiday (going to see my parents and sisters!!!) at the end of the week, so I hope to see you back when I get back next Wednesday!

Beck, what's up? Email me if you want. Please don't leave us. You could always just post on our thread!!! Don't worry what others say, the thing about any website is EVERYONE has an opinion, and who is to say who is right. Just let it go over your head...please!
    I hope everyone elseis doing well.
    have a great day all xojxo

Hi all

Just a quick note to say hi. Not much happening here but will catch up tomorrow.

Take care

tiggy Guest

Beck,
    Sorry that you are having trouble.
    Don't go, we love you here!

Beck again I want to say
    DONT LEAVE US PLEASE!!! :frown:

I am so worried about my girl...she throws up every day a couple times a day. She throws up in the car on every other car trip...even to the grocery store. She throws up at nighttime, and then wont sleep because she is hungry, but anything I give her to drink at night just bounces. She vomits half her meals or so. It is such a mess, and she must be so miserable. I wrote in the reflux thread and havent gotten any responses yet. I have a call into her doctor, and I jsut dont know if they will have any answers!

Tiff, are Noah and Ivy still having reflux issues...does this all sound familiar? I am soo soo frustrated! I feel so bad for her!

tiggy Guest

Happy 1st Birthday Gemma

Hope you have a lovely day!
    Happy birthing day Bec! Hope your day is full of kisses and cuddles from your gorgeous girl!

Sarajo, yes yes and yes! Ivy is still a trojan vomiter! I am always cleaning up after her and she is very unsettled at night, whereas Noah is sleeping through.
    Have you considered food intolerence? Ivy is allergic to dairy and soy and we are having allergy testing today to see what else.That coupled with the reflux leads to spew city!
    I find that she vomits more if she is intolerent to anything in the meal. Also find that she is more spewy if she is overtired and there is rarely a car trip where I am not cleaning up after her and changing her (and sometimes me).
    Take heart Sarajo, Ivy and Abby seem to be in the same boat. Is she on any meds? The doctors were less than helpful with Ivy for a very long time. They kept saying that it is something that she will grow out of but here we are a year on and still she throws up all the time. She is only just on the 10th centile (at least she is on the charts). We found a great paed a few months ago who took control of the situation. We are on meds, prescription formula, having allergy testing and if all else fails, we will go for fundoplication sometime (surgery to stop the vomiting and reflux) but hopefully we'll get on top of it before then.
    I hope you find someone who can help you Sarajo, it very disheartening when your baby vomits all the time (and smelly too, lol)
    Have you got a paed? Do you feel comfortable about asking for options? Good Luck, hun, I am thinking of you and comiserating with you. Hugs.

Beck, Sorry to hear you're having some issues, hope you feel better soon, just do whatever you feel you need to.

Happy Birthday Gemma!
    Cheeky_Monkey, The cake you made looked gorgeous and Gemma was so cute in her little outfit.

Sarajo, I'm so sorry to hear about Abbys chronic vomiting, I hope you find something that helps soon.

Logan had his birthday party on Saturday. I made his cake and was pretty pleased with it.. It looked like he enjoyed it too LOL Even after wiping him down after he ate I still saw bits of cake in his bath water.. He had it in his hair, his ears, up his nose.. everywhere! He also stood up completely unassisted for a few minutes on Saturday, I think he was trying to show off to his grandparents.. He seemed to have a great day, he was so excited he wouldn't even have his normal midday nap.

I think Logan has finally decided to start eating solids for me. I mean he eats at daycare and when I'm not around sometimes, but yesterday we spent the whole day together and I got him to eat yoghurt for breakfast, some of a banana, a plum and some grapes for lunch, and he had sweet & sour chicken for dinner and ate a fair bit of the pasta, chicken and vegies. Then he had some dessert, he never skips dessert But he still does love to be breastfed at other times during the day.. Hmm looking at that, maybe I'm over feeding him :P . But I saw a ECHN at Mothers group a couple of weeks ago and she said he'd lost a bit of weight since the last time she weighed him (but I just thought it was because he was more active) and to try to drop some breastfeeds since he isn't getting all he needs. I felt a little like she was implying that I'm starving him, but I'm sure she didn't mean it like that. I hope not anyway. He is still around the 50% for his weight so that's not too bad is it?

I got my exam results yesterday.. I was so nervous, I thought I was going to fail LOL But I got 73% for Social Enquiry (which was the one I thought I did really badly on) and 70% for Ancient History & Culture.. I am really pleased with that.

Sorry, I've rambled on a bit haven't I? Hope you're all having a good and your babies are well.

Sorry to be so quick

Im just flat out lately, I cant wait for this week to be over lol

Just wanted to say Renee

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY MARNIE!!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day filled with much joy and many happy memories!

I should be online tomorrow night. Im sorry Im just having heaps of stress with the party and trying to get it all together LOL People **** me sometimes!

tiggy Guest

Happy 1st birthday Marnie!!!Hope you have a great day!

Happy birthing day Renee. Hope you day is full of happy memories.

cheeky_monkey Guest

thanku girls for Gemmas birthday wishes, she had a great day today got spoilt.

Sarajo the vomiting ur talking about sounds familar, Gemma did this ALL the time and i cut out dairy and out her on lactose free formula and she dosent throw up anymroe, maybe give that ago

Sorry, I forgot to add before..
    Happy Birthday Marnie!

Woops...almost missed it!

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY
    GEMMA!!!

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY
    MARNIE!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast