Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #21

OK It is just too quiet in here!!

Missy how are you? I hope you are holding up ok! I bet you cant wait till Thursday! Can they get Callum in sooner than that? I know it is scarey. We're here for you if you need to talk!

Tiff how funny at the ug cuddle! I love it! and now it is car? Awe! Too cute! How is Ivy? Have you talked to her doc about prevacid? Is she doing any better with her spewing? Abby is sooo much better! she is worst when we are driving...little chook gets car sick. I'll take it over when she was spewing 5 xs a day!

Here I still have a cold. It seems like one thing after another! Abbys fever went away though! She has a cold too now.

BIG question! Abby got a bloody nose today! Should I be concerned? It was out of both naustrils. I know this is a little tmi, but it was brownish and mixed with mucus. I used a nasal aspirator and ther was quite a bit in there. She didnt have much of an appetite either!

It is quiet in here Sarajo!

I have had a really busy weekend and have just finished some school work on the computer and HAD to jump on to Belly Belly (i am slightly addicted at the moment - need to go back to work!)

DH and I celebrated our second year anniversary yesterday. We had breakfast at a cafe (YUMMY _ LOVE POACHED EGGS - and cannot cook them to save my life!) then we spent time at home and we watched our wedding and honeymoon dvds(it was so lovely - love the cook islands!) then Dave cooked a roast lamb with all the trimmings! Then we watched the tennis.
    We had a lovely family day - so different to how we spent last year - I was so tired (Marnie was 5 weeks old) but so wanted 5 minutes by myself. David took me out for tea but the whole time I was worried about Marnie and when I got home (the whole 1 1/2 hours!) she had been crying the whole time.
    Today I have hosted a good friends baby shower which went really well - but I am secretly glad it is over..
    TOmorrow I am off to have my bloods done and spend a day at school in preparation for when school starts. David and Marnie are spending the day together tomorrow which will be nice for both of them.

Hey Everyone,

How are you all going.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY RENEE! We also had our 2nd wed anniversary back in Dec, and celebrated it very differently this year to last.. although i was very preg last anniversary, and i don't think we did anything

Missy - good luck for Callum this Thurs... we hope everything will be ok, but i'm sure you are still very worried until your hear it from the paed yourself.
    Let us know if you need to talk.

Sarajo - how is Abby and her nose? Hope its ok, can't help you there cos we haven't had a blood nose yet!

Tiff - that is very cute about the car... DS was trying to broom (we were saying it to him), while he was scooting around on the ride of walker thing my mum got him... it was so cute...

Is that considered talking?? I mean he tries to make the sounds, and there are certain noises he makes... like he often says 'wasstha' when i point to something and say "What's That?", but then he doesn't all the time, so i don't know if it has to be 100% consistent b4 i'm convinced he is talking.

Our news, i let go of him and he stood standing by himself for like 4 secs... and now he has done it like 7 times.. hopefully he will start walking soon!

Its his bday in 2 days..

I think we will just have MIL and my parents around for brekky (i have to work that day, and mum is doing late shift as a nurse that night so can't have ppl around for dinner) to see DS on Tues. We only want to do something small, its hard cos my FIL only passed away in Aug. Might have another slightly bigger thing (BBQ probs) in Feb with my sis & BIL, bro, and DH sis & BIL. The rest of DH siblings live overseas, and because DH is considered a mourner for the whole year we can't really have a party... and we just don't feel ready either.

I got him a doll (he loves them) and 2 books - "Guess how much i love you" and "each peach, pear, plum" - my fav. book from when i was little! I would have got something bigger but i don't think he would appreciate it anyway, so will save up for something good next year ( a swing set probs.)

Anyway, its late, must run... every1 is sick here (DH has had a temp of 39.7 for 2 days and reckons he is going to work tommorow, and DS has a temp of 39.1 - although you wouldn't know he is sick - eats fine and is very happy!)

I'm worried DS might have chicken pox, cos we were around a family last weekend whose daughter might have been incubating it (the other 2 had it a few weeks b4). But that doesn't explain DH...

Anyway, have a great night ladies.

Yael
    Last edited by Yael; May 22nd, 2010 at 11:50 PM.

tiggy Guest

Yael,
    Sorry to hear that your household has been a sick one.
    Yay that DS is standing on his own and that he is talking - I would definately consider that talking! Gorgeous! I love it when they say 'what's that'?
    I love the book Guess How Much I Love You...it's one of my all time faves. The author has another one out about each child being the favourite in the other child's eyes. It is beautiful too.
    Hoping that DS doesn't have the pox and that he is better by his birthday.
    Last edited by Yael; May 22nd, 2010 at 11:50 PM.

Hey Tiff

Isn't the book gorgeous.. i first saw it when i was overseas, staying at my BIL/SIL and read it to my nephew (well, he wasn't then, but became later).. i loved it... I haven't seen the other one you mentioned, but will look for it.. IO saw another one by the same person at Borders, it was all about the mother coming back because she forgot to say goodbye when dropping her child off - it was so sweet!

Your twins are absolutely gorgeous btw in that pic! They look so happy!!!

How much longer until you are back at work? Do you do labour ward or post natal nursing?

I read your story about William on Friday... i sat there bawling my eyes out for like 15 minutes.. and when DH read it he also got very upset. I don't think anyone can ever express to you the right words to say - there is nothing you can say to comfort somebody when they have lost part of themselves, but i hope that you will always have wonderful memories of him as he will always be part of your life, and also, not that the pain will diminish, but that it becomes bearable productive pain (does that even make sense), that you can do something with to always remember him.

I'm sorry, i'm not so eloquent at this time of night, but i'm so truely sorry that you don't have him here with you...

Y.

tiggy Guest

Hi Yael, yes, it is a lovely story. That other one sounds good too, will have to hunt it down.

Only a week left until I'm back at work. I do everything. I work in birthing suite, in the NICU, in the wards, in the clinic but I am on night duty to start with, so it will mainly be the ward I think, maybe I'll get to be in some births if I'm lucky.

Thanks for everything that you said about William. It all made sense. Perfect sense, in fact what you wrote was exactly the right thing to say I don't mean to upset anyone by having his site there, it's just, he is very much a part of our family.
    You are right too about the pain, it does change, has over the last year or so.

I've put some new photos of Ivy and Noah up on their site and now i'm off to bed!!
    Last edited by tiggy; January 21st, 2007 at 10:54 PM.

Hey Tiff,

Good luck going back to work. My mum is a nurse - does colorectal nursing mainly - but is also a midwife. I'm trying to get her to go back into mid (so is her friend who is the head at the hospital, as says she will help her refresh her skills), but i think my mum thinks she has been out of it for to long, and she likes her ward and the ppl she works with. My mum did night shifts on the weekend for my entire childhood/tennage life also, but now she is doing 5 shofts over 2 weeks, all during the day. I was thinking of becoming a midwife, but i have shocking hand dermatitis, so its the 1 prof. my dermo said not to do.

I don't think anyone should be upset, and if they are, they shouldn't read it. When i said we were upset, i mean not in a bad way, it was just so terribly sad and we really felt your pain. But i think it is good to feel compassion for others, and i think i gain a lot from reading your story - it was beautifully written. I don't know how you have the power to cope with it all - you are so strong! Losing my child was and is my biggest fear in life, and for some reason after FIL died (and my uncle very suddenly the year before when i was expecting - thats who my baby is named after), people dying has been playing on my mind a lot. But the pain does change.. i noticed it changed with my FIL, which doesn't compare to losing your parent, which in turn doesn't compare with losing a child... They are all very different pains as they are very different people in your lives.

Have you decided what you will do for his birthday?

Anyway, i will check out the new photos when my ADSL stops getting throttled (downloaded to much, and its taking ages for them to reset it), as its being painfully slow - like dialup

Hey ladies....just realised I've had BellyBelly open all morning whilst I go about doing the house cleaning etc. Maddy is currently creating havoc in the lounge room with her toys, and I've just banished her from playing in her room. She understands 'no' but insists on pulling all of her nappies down from the change table and yesterday pulled all of her clothes down from the 3rd shelf. She even dances on the spot and tries to bite my hand if I try and take her away from what she wants to 'play' with. *sighs*

Anyway, we're doing ok. Maddy seems to be over whatever has been making her ill. We actually think she's having digestion issues with banana. (Fresh) She loves her Creamy Banana porridge in a jar which she's had since 6 months old and it's never given her any issues. Fresh bananas were still too expensive then, so she's only had them in the last 6-8 weeks. She had some banana, peach, nectarine etc for lunch the other day and her belly expanded even though she didn't eat all that much. She was then burping and hiccuping much of the afternoon and was crying when we put her down to bed. Honestly, her poor stomach was so swollen I felt terrible for her! So, I've given her no fresh banana in the last two days and she's back to normal.

Ok, Maddy's playing with the stereo so I'm gonna have to fly...be back later on to do some personals.

*crawls off the exercise bike* OMG I'm unfit. I can't believe I let myself get so slack...I've been paying for gym membership for months and haven't been able to go for months (sick & clingy baby issues). Just did 10kms on my exercise bike at home and I'm stuffed....once I get back in better shape I might actually go back to the gym! *LMAO*
    Last edited by Beckibee; January 22nd, 2007 at 02:05 PM.

Hello Ladies
    Sarajo, I hope Abby is feeling better now.. and that you are recovering from your cold.

Happy Anniversary Renee, sorry it's so late. I'm glad you had a good day.

Tiff, Ivy & Noah are so adorable! I love the new pics.

Beck, Wow, how weird about the fresh bananas, poor Maddy. But good to hear she is feeling better now. That ticker photo is so cute.
    Yay for you using the exercise bike, and planning on going back to the gym.

Things have been ok here, in the middle of renovations so been a bit hectic. Plus trying to get myself organised for uni. Logan is doing well.
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:54 PM.

Happy First Birthday
    Last edited by Yael; May 22nd, 2010 at 11:55 PM.

OMG I am put out with this cold flu thing. I just feel like sleping and laying around...kinda hard to do with a one year old. Abbys appetite is gone today and she has a runny nose. No more bloody noses though!

This week will be busy getting ready to host friends baby shower! I have lots planned, it should be a ton of fun! We are having Italian food! Yummo!

Beck how much are bananas there? Here there are one of the cheapest fruits you can buy! Sorry about Maddy's independant personality shining a little too much! You give such vivid pictures girl! I can just see her dancing and biting your hand! lol! I hope that gets better soon! Abby can be stubborn sometimes too! Maybe its a girl thing?

Yael are you doing something special for the big day today? I hope DS has a wonderful memorable birthday! Dont forget to take a moment to yourself and reflect on that beautiful day that you gave birth too!

Tiff love the new photos! Have you ever thought of being a professional photographer? They are so gorgeous!! Wow at the scrapbook! I mean WOW!! You are so talented! It is so beautiful!! Great job!!
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:53 PM.

tiggy Guest

Sarajo, thankyou, girl. In the midst of the crisis that is my life, you have given me one bright spark to start my day. Big hugs to you, dear one.

Glad to hear that there have been no more blood noses. My kidlets often get them when they have heavy colds and I have been using tissues on their little noses. I think it must break some capilliaries - hence the bleeding.
    Sorry to hear that you and now, by the sounds of it, Miss Abby are sick. I'm so sick of Summer but I am not looking forward to Winter all the same. Hope you can rug up with your little one and sip chicken noodle soup.

Melly, Hi! Lovely to hear from you, have been thinking of you alot lately and wondering how you were going.

Dani, you haven't been on for a while but I just wanted to let you know I had a look at the photos of the snake party and they were fabulous!!!
    I miss you, girl, where are you? That Black Dog has come to live here for a while (see Boohoo room).

I'm at work so will do proper personals hopefully tonight once I am home and have time to read through them all!

Milo had his 12 month immunisations on Saturday, and since then he won't sleep more than 40 mins during the day, and his night sleeping has been shorter too. :frown:

I really hope its a temporary thing. grrrrr
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:52 PM.

Talking

Where are you Dani?
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:54 PM.

I am here just doing a post now!!!

Happy 1st birthday
    Last edited by Yael; May 22nd, 2010 at 11:56 PM.

Hello Ladies,
    Wow I am so slack, you ladies have been having a great chat.
    I have finally got my laptop wireless. I have had to use it in my bedroom, as that is where the phone plug is. My Brother came over tonight and sorted it out so now it is warless. s that is where the phone plug is. My Brother came over tonight and sorted it out so now it is wireless. Yeah!!!
    Not sure if anyone has read my blog but, We got Jett another budgie on Saturday, as the last one Bluey died, RIP Bluey . He jumped out of the cage and broke his wing and then died of shock, very sad. Anyway we got him a new one. Its name is Banjo, it is very cute. He is yellow, blue and green. I have put pegs on each door as we think that is how the last one died; it got one of the doors open and got stuck?? It happened when we were out doing the Christmas shopping.
    Anyway are anyone else’s kids addicted to tomato sauce, Jett seems to want it on everything. He uh, uh, whenever he see it.
    Today I was saying to Jett say Mumma and he did, Say Dadda and he did, I repeated all of these different words and he said them back until I got to say dog and he was like woof woof woof. I think it is very funny !! He sometimes says dog dog but normally it is just woof.
    I am baby free tonight (hence the long post, I have time). Mum called up and said dosn't Jett want to come and stay at Nana's. *hang mum I will just ask him???* I am looking forward to the sleep in.
    Yael – Happy birthday to your son I hope you have a great day full of many memories with many more to come.
    Mel – Glad to hear things are going great. I need to see some new pictures of the cute little man. Have you got any??
    Rayray – It is temporary, Jett did the same thing with the sleep. I was going out of my mind but then after a bit it went back to normal. I hope that he doesn’t take to long to get over them.
    Might be a bit late but you can keep with the same MCHN if you relocate. I think they just put you to the one that is closet to you so it makes it easy for new mammas. I changed from my original one as we had a big move and all of the
    Tiggy – I was checking out the new photos and like normal the twins melt me. I also looked at the scrap book pages it is fantastic!!! It would have to be the best one I have ever seen, it must have taken you ages?
    I know hat you mean about the black dog, we are so strapped for cash that I haven’t gotten my meds, I will this week.
    I think it barks at bit more at the minute this black dog, as it is an age thing with the kids.
    I have just read you post in the boo hoo room. I think that work is a great idea. I found that it was so great for me, especially with the PND to go back to the workforce. I felt that I was getting so ‘me time’ even if I was working. You will know what is right for you deep down. DH will just have to suck a lemon!! It would have been better for your first shift to be a night one. Oh I am feeling for you on this one.
    Beck – I swear they are at the age where they just destroy things. Jett like a tornado, know what rooms he as been in as they are trashed.
    I hope that Maddy is feeling better now. I haven’t given Jett bananas for the same reason and now that I have tried he won’t eat them.
    Meg – I hope you are back with us soon!! Missing you and the news.
    Sarajo – Wow the new ticker, number 2. I have no plans on going there anytime soon. I am happy with the one. I think we are going to wait until Jett is in a bed and then go again. That could change, I was always saying I was just going to have one but??
    Glad to hear that the bloody noses have stopped. I used to get them all the time as a little kid, just guess I had a thin lining in my nose. I grew out of them, which is a good sign.
    Renee – Happy Anniversary, sounds like you had a great day. I am about but have had my hands full with Jett he is very clingy at the moment.
    Missy – I hope that all goes well with Callum, it is scary when things happen. I will be thinking of you all.
    Kate – Glad to see you back, I hope you had a great holiday. I checked out the photos and they are so cute. Wow, Miss Jasmine is so advanced for her age. She sounds like she speaks very well. Jett isn’t so much into climbing as he is crawling through things. He loves going under the coffee table. I often find him hiding under there. What a great idea taking the knobs off that would save on buying all of those safety locks. Sorry for the massive Post!!!
    It takes ages to catch up on all of the post, I will need to check more often
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:49 PM.

Tiff, I have been ok.. Well, actually I've just come to the conclusion that I haven't a lot of the time, but I have just kind of programmed myself to say stuff like that and pretend so as not to upset others. But nothing too major, just feel like the Black Dog has given me a good mauling some days. Today is an up & down day.

I hope you are feeling better. I read your post in boo hoo, but I couldn't think of any thing that seemed as insightful as what has already been said. I hope you sort something out that makes you happy or something.. But I can say I understand about the not liking the phone, a big proud moment for me one day a couple of years ago was when I called 3 places to organise for people to come fix things and for me to get help with anxiety & depression. But I on the other hand hate voicemail LOL the thought of my voice being recorded for some one to play back makes me cringe. heh.. I must say though, in light of everything you have going on with your life and what you have been through, I see you as even more of a SuperMum and think you should be nominated as mother of the century (as opposed to the usual mother of the year thing they have.. that doesn't do you justice). *big hugs for you* and I'm sure logan would give you *big squeezies & sloppy kisses* Squeezies, is what I tell Logan I want so he wraps his arms around my neck, cuddles me and laughs..

Dani, I have been quite slack on the taking photos front, I am trying to upload a few (some from november.. shows how slack I am) and a couple of christmas ones. I will have some more up soon, probably on the weekend after I recover from the Big Day Out, and get round to copying them off Mums computer.

Banjo sounds so cute, what a lucky boy Jett is to have a pet of his own. I know what you mean about the doors on the cage opening, I had a pet rat in a rectangular bird cage and had to put pegs on the doors so she wouldn't get out. I think all bird cages should come with little clips on the doors or something since you need something to hold them shut for fear of the occupant getting out and injuring itself.

Well, I can't sleep.. I am feeling a little strange since AF returned today, and I haven't had to really experience it since I was 17 (due to depo & then getting pregnant after coming off that), so I forgot how bad it makes me feel LOL Sorry if TMI..

Logan has been great recently. He is standing up a lot and even tried to take a step yesterday but fell over on to his bottom.

ETA: OMG Tiff, I just saw the scrapbook pages, they are amazing! I have a scrapbook just waiting to be used, but I have no idea where to start.. I wish I was as creative as you.
    Last edited by Melly01; January 24th, 2007 at 03:24 AM. Reason: saw tiffs scrapbook pages

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast