Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #21

No - we don't live in Dubbo - we live west of it by three hours.It's just devastating and has been on the radio and news all day. The poor family - they haven't released any information about the family.
    Thanks for thinking of me Dani!

What happened to little boys? I dont get the Australia news...fill me in please!

Yael yay for DH's promotion! Sounds like it was overdue! Its terrible how some hard working people are treated sometimes!! Good on you for getting fit for your upcoming pregnancy! I need to do the same! I want to be super-fit by August. I have a friend coming over starting Monday to do dance dance revolution with me (on PS2). It is an awesome workout and soooo much fun!

Dani sounds like you had fun last night! Sorry about the cold! I hope you get better quick like bunny! (thats what my MIL always says!) Funny about the Wiggles...my nephew loves them too! I havent watched whtm with Abby yet, although Im sure she will love them as every time I sing now she sings along with me. We both cant carry a tune so it is particularily funny!

Well, Abby was not sick last week, and her runny nose and rash and fever are all accounted for! She has a molar through :eek: ! I couldnt believe it! She was laughing very hard and I saw it clear as day! I didnt even think she could be teething again already! One is through and the other is coming through! Poor chicken~but at least she has been sleeping through night despite the pain this time!

Well, Im off to see if I need surgery in about 3 hours here, and I am quite nervous. I just have a feeling I will need it since the tooth is still bothering me.

I hope you all have a great day! To all the ladies, MIA, I miss you!! Come back! I hope all is well! :biggrin:

Boys died in car boot 'because of heat'
    Sweltering conditions probably led to the deaths of two young brothers who somehow locked themselves in the boot of a broken-down car at their family home in Dubbo, police say.
    Brothers four-year-old Damien Hall and three-year-old Liam were found unconscious in the boot of the car at about 8pm (AEDT) on Thursday after family members and neighbours had launched a desperate search.
    They were taken to hospital but could not be revived.
    Very Very sad!!
    Sarajo - Jett has 2 molars through, very strange. I didn't think they were suppose to come till later in the teething sarga!!
    No wonder he has been screaming in mega pain for the last few weeks.
    Wow, dance dance revolution sounds really great!!
    Yael - How rude!!! I never congratulated you on DH promotion. I sounds like it was long overdue.
    Last edited by dani141; January 26th, 2007 at 10:32 PM. Reason: needs to learn to read

Awe, that is very very sad.

Dani - Yeah, what is it with our bubs getting their molars already? They are on the bottom too?

ETA: just found this:
    In what order will my baby's teeth come in?
    The ages given are averages and babies vary in their development.

Between six and ten months.
    The first teeth to appear are the two lower front teeth.

Between eight and thirteen months.
    The top four incisors are next.

Between ten and sixteen months.
    Two more incisors appear in the lower front and then, the first back teeth (first year molars).

Between sixteen and twenty-three months.
    The pointed side teeth (canines) are next.

Between twenty-three and thirty-three months.
    And lastly the remaining back teeth (second year molars). By the time your baby is three, he or she will have all twenty of his or her primary teeth.

for a pic see: http://www.orajel.com/faqs/teething.htm (I hope this link is ok to have in here!)
    Last edited by sarajo; January 26th, 2007 at 10:51 PM.

hi all..our net has been down this week..we are well and glad to hear everyone else is too!!just a quick note to say we've got a new website with all new pics of owen..will be back on for a big post tomorrow when ben is at work and out of my hair..(need a vent!!)

xxoo

Hi everyone, we get internet,on tues, CANT WAIT. Miss you all heaps. Lots to catch up on. HOpe everyone is well and had a happy australia day. I have been really busy with my home business, lots of meetings.
    talk on tues, can't wait!! xoxoxoxo

Hey ladies, just popping in - been busy last few days. Off for a farewell dinner as BIL is going to work out of Australia for a month & a half. Will be back on later...either tonight or tomorrow. XXXX

P.S - Maddy walked today! After almost 4 months of furniture cruising, she can take 4 steps and then whinges & gets down to crawl. *LOL* Sooo...she's 13 months & 3 days. Same age basically as I was when I first walked.

Smile

Woohoo Maddy! Congratulations on becoming a member of the toddler brigade! Watch out Beck!

Hello Ladies,
    Well pretty quite in here at the moment.
    The Leith household is full up with the flu, well Jett and I are but it won’t take long for it to travel to Ben. He has this weird idea that he won’t get sick.
    We were going to watch the local fireworks display that they have on every year on the 27th of January but Jett is way to unwell. So Ben has gone by himself, I don’t mind gives me a chance to post!! He he he!!
    We have just finished watching that Dvd, Talladega Nights with Will Ferrell it was so funny!!!
    Christie – Check out the new site it is great. Does Owen like the Zebra??? I was going to get Jett one but I didn’t know if he would like it. He is such a cute little man now. You look great too, have seen you in some of the shots.
    Oh, husbands gotta love hey!!
    Beck – Yeah Maddy!!!! 4 steps is still 4 steps. Jett is on his feet all the time but always holding onto something. He lacks the confidence to just let go. It will come and I am in no hurry for it.
    Meg – So good to hear from you girl!!! I hope that everything is going really well for you all and with the new home.
    What is your home business?? Sounds like it is keeping you on your toes.
    Sarajo – Weird about the molars??? Jett’s are on the top, they are just a bit through. They are pretty sharp; when I had a feel they broke the skin on my finger, so watch out. The link that you sent was great!!
    New ticker is great by the way.
    Gotta go off to watch another dvd, The Date Movie???
    Take care all

tiggy Guest

Hi girls!

Wow you have all been busy talking up a storm in here!

I've just been catching up, so bare with me...

Dani - Yay that you got the job, girl. CONGRATS! KWYM re the cash flow situation. If it's one thing I am looking forward to, when back at work it's that little bit extra in the pocket! Sorry to hear that you and the Jettboy are sick. Hope you get better soon.

Melly - I bet you are so proud of your little man! Who wouldn't be? Babies are so amazing in all that they learn in that first 12 months.
    Sorry to hear that the black dog has been hanging around your house. *SIGH* She can be a nasty biartch sometimes. I say, let it all hang out here. You don't have to be polite and you certainly don't bring us down. Better out than in, I always say...oh wait...that was Shrek, who said that. Anyway, I hope that you have some good days to come.

Yael - Congrats to your hubby for his promotion! Hope it brings much happiness. Sorry for the belatedness but Happy Birthday to your gorgeous DS. I hope that he had a lovely day and that you did too.

Sarajo- I just had a looksee at Abby's pics. She is such a little cutie. I love that dress, the pink and blue one. Sweet. She is quite the little character, isn't she.
    Sorry to hear that you tooth is still giving you trouble and that you have had teething probs with Miss Abby too. I hope everything settles down for you soon. Big hugs.

Beck - Yay for Maddy! Now she squarely falls into the toddler category - literally! I bet you are one proud Mummy. Hope the dinner went well.

Missy- Hugs. Thinking of you and Callum. I hope that all goes well in March and that the murmur is self resolving. It just seems never ending this mother worry, doesn't it?

Renee- How did the baking go? I hope you got to eat lots of yummy food and not just make it! Are you ready for the new school year?

Meg- good to hear from you, can't wait til you are back online for good. Hope the house is good and that you are all settling in well.

Hi Kate, miss having you around! How is the beautiful Miss Jasmine?

Hi Christy, Ray and everyone else!

To all those lovely ladies who commented on the scrapping pages, thanks. I felt really proud of my efforts! Big hugs for making my day.
    Sarajo, you asked me about Ivy's vomiting? She is on 20mg of Losec now and seems to be doing ok. Like you, she has good and bad days. She has a really bland diet too as she is allergic to alot of stuff, not anaphalactic allergic but upset tummy, eczema generally miserable allergic.
    You also asked if I had ever considered doing photography as a profession? YES. I would love to do that but I don't feel confident in my skills. I love playing around with the computer programmes to alter photos too. I like taking close up portraits. My BIL is a professional photographer and he takes the most beautiful photos. He took some on the weekend, I will upload them soon onto the babies' site and you can have a look. I'd LOVE to be able to do photography like that. I am slowly learning.

As for us, I am starting back to work on Wednesday. After freaking out with my shift arrangement and getting ready to resign, it was all sorted out very quickly and my days were changed. So, the kids all go back to school on the Tuesday(Yay! The crowd goes wild) and I go back to work on the Wednesday. Dave has taken the day off, so I don't have to stress about the babies. Then I am on night duty. I figure I might as well get payed for staying up all night. Ivy can only pay me in slobbery kisses for my trouble at home and that won't pay for groceries, sadly.
    Ivy and Noah have both been sick with colds and Ivy has a middle ear infection and Noah is still struggling with asthma. They have been clingy and grizzly for the last four days. Not too sick that they want to sleep alot but sick enough to not want to do anything else but cry and cling. We phoned the paed who consulted over the phone (gotta love that - NOT) and faxed us scripts for antibiotics and prednisone. They were a little better today but still really full on.
    They are both up and cruising the furniture with no sign of standing alone or walking yet. Noah has finally decided he can clap his own hands instead of grabbing mine or his sisters' and clapping ours for us.
    Ivy has discovered that she can escape the baracades to hold her in the loungeroom so I am constantly wandering around trying to Ivy proof the house. Much easier when there are no big kids leaving little pieces lying around.

I'll catch up with you all again soon!
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:53 PM. Reason: stupid spelling mistakes and addition of further witty comments ;)

YAY MADDY!!! BIG GIRL!!!

Abby took a step tonight!! TWICE! and after the step she just stands there and looks around at everyone staring lol! I think I'lll have a walker by the end of the week, if not by tomorrow! :biggrin: Its funny how her and Maddy seem to do every first at the same time!

Dani and Tiff hope the babies feel better soon!

Tomorrow off to the periodontist. I am so sick of this tooth. They will tell me if I need surgery. yuck

Gotta go I have a headache.

Hi All,

Well, we've been flat chat here trying to get everything ready for Zipper's arrival..Am starting to get a little panicked now, but it will all be fine..

glad to hear everyone is well(except Sarajo..nasty tooth!!) and happy belated birthday to the gorgeous DS!! WOW on Abby and Maddy walking!!!Thats so cool!!no more dirty knees!!YAY!! Also, Tiggy, i meant to say how much i loved your scrapbooking!!my sis gave me a whole kit of scrapbooking stuff for xmas with an album, cutters, paper and all, and i just have no idea where to start..let alone time to do it, although if you can with 7 kids i think perhaps i should get my act together!!!

Well, Owen is now sleeping in his 'big boy bed'(toddler bed)..we moved most of his toys up to his room and he's been waking up and getting so cranky straight away(he normally talks to himself for at least 1/2 hr happily in his cot)and i thought maybe it was because he could see his toys but not get to them, so i tried him in his little bed yest arvo, he was fine so put him in there again last night and everything was fine(well he woke once in the night crying and when i went to his room he was sitting in the middle of his bedroom floor crying and very disorientated-but put him back in and he went straight back to sleep)..and he even slept in this morn!!so really stoked with him.

I'm just waiting for my mum to arrive from down the coast..she was sposed to be coming up this morn to spend time together and also help set up the nursery, but she decided to bring my youngest sis(17), pick up the other sis(21) on the way, as well as one of my aunties, then drop in to another aunt and uncles place on the way(none of the 'on the ways' are actually on the way)and will still be an hr or so..and although she said they won't have to rush back i know they'll have to leave about 5ish to get back and feed the horses etc(since she bought the youngest sis who thinks the horses who are in a fully grassed paddock with a running creek may starve to death)..so am a little disappointed as i was really looking forward to spending some one on one time with my mum before bub arrives..ah well, thems the breaks huh..i'll stop whinging!!

Hope everyone's having a nice day

talk soon xxoo
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:53 PM.

Wow, Yay Maddy & Abby on the walking!!

Sarajo, I hope you feel better soon *big hugs*

Christie, Owen is such a big boy sleeping in a toddler bed, I don't know that Logan could do it if he had to atm. He can't seem to figure out how to get off my bed and forgets to climb down, tries to crawl off head first. That is too bad that you won't get to spend as much time with your mother as you hoped, but it must still be nice to have her come and visit, I hope you have a lovely afternoon with your family.

Dani, I am sorry I didn't say it sooner but congratulations on the job! I have put up some more photos of Logan on his site, I am sadly addicted to letting photographers take his photo, but I have decided no more for a long time, I need to resist.. Plus I need to remember to take more photos of him, just hard to remember when my camera is broken and I have to keep borrowing mums.

Missy, *hugs* It must be frustrating having to wait so long for an appointment. Thinking of you & your family.

Yael, Yay on your DHs promotion!

Tiff, Thank you, I am very proud of him, sometimes I worry too much about him being "behind" some times (even though I am told he isn't really) and feel like it's a reflection of my parenting.. I over think everything LOL.

I have just been worried about SIL, she is pregnant with their second child, well 3rd, since their first was still born. Jake was diagnosed with IUGR (I think, though at the time they just said they didn't know what was wrong and had to be born 2 months early since he stopped growing, but they think that is what also happened with the 1st baby). So now she is high risk, and needs to be induced a month early. I think she is only 16 weeks along, but she had a terrible pain in her side and across the front of her belly on the weekend. she went to the hospital, but they hardly even checked her out (didn't put a monitor or doppler or anything on her stomach) and just told her to go home and rest. I think she felt like they were just dismissing her fears as just being a worried mother? I don't even know where I am going with this, I guess I just needed to get that out. I don't know how they'd cope if anything bad happened. I haven't heard anything since saturday so I am hoping the pain went away and maybe the baby was just pressing on a nerve or something.

But on an upside I registered for my courses today, and am trying to put a lot of my focus in to preparing for Uni so I don't let myself get too depressed.

sorry for the whinge

Hello all you lovely ladies. Well so much has been happening here. Trying to get the back yard all done before Callum's party on Sunday. Finally finished the pool water feature and it looks lovely. Just have to wait till thursday to put the water in it. I will take a photo when its done and let you all see how great it looks.

I also want to say thankyou all for your support and kind word for Me, Callum and family. Im going to ring to ask if I can get in earlier for Callum or if they have a cancellation can they ring me.

Well Its Callum's first Birthday today and I cant believe this time last year I was just about to be induced. He isnt 1 till 2:33pm but I have sung him Happy Birthday about 10 times now. LOL. He has no idea what is going on but he loves me singing the song. He has a huge smile on his face when I sing it. We will open Pressies then DH gets home. Im going to buy a little cake for him to have tonight and make him spagetti as he loves it. WOW, 1, Its so weird saying he is one. I dont know weather to cry or Laugh. Im happy he is 1 but he looks like a little man now and not a baby. I guess he has to grow up but I just dont want him to.

Well my DD is 13 on the 12th so for her pressent Im sending her and DH to the gold coast for 4 days to go the the theme parks and she doesnt know. She has always wanted to go there and finally she is going. Im not going to tell her just driving her to the airport and saying have a good time. She has never been on a plane as well so that will be exciting too. I cant wait to see the look on her face.WOOOOHOOO.

Well I hope you are all well and ive miss coming on and chatting. Ill be able to get on more now that everything is almost done for Callum's party. Ive missed you all so much, its quite funny how much you do miss chatting to you ladies. Never thought I would feel this way but I just enjoy hearing all about you.

Well I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALLUM AND I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. LOL. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well take care all and will be back soon to catch up.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

By the way, Can some one help with what games can I do for his party. Kid between 1 - 16 will be here. Cant think. LOL

Thanks

tiggy Guest

Happy 1st Birthday Callum!!! :biggrin:

Hope you have a great day.

Happy birthing day Missy, hope your day is full of lovely memories.

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY TO CALLUM!!!

and Happy Birthing day to Missy... Hope you have lots of great memories of today, and that you enjoy looking back at the year... it goes so quick yeh???

Tif - are you on nightshift tonight or tommorrow?? Either way i hope you have a great shift and your enjoy being back at work

Sorry, no time for personals, doing an extra day at work to try and make some $$ and already running like 2 hours late (how do ppl work and keep the house in order??? I had to try and fit all my jobs into this morning and my boy is playing in his cot - grrrrrr!!!)

Have a great day ladies - i'll try and get on later though.

tiggy Guest

Yael, I'm on tomorrow, morning shift *GULP* then night shift on Saturday night.
    Thanks for the good luck vibes, I need them, am feeling very scared and nervous about it all.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast