Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in December 2005 #3

Hi Everyone, hopw you all had a good nights sleep..i'm not staying on long, am going back to bed-very tired..will do personals later on

just wanted to say Meg, what day is good for you for meet up??i was thinking maybe monday week??and Kate do you wanna come too??when are you free??If Melly is around-let us know when you're free, maybe you could come to sydney for it??

Talk soon xx

\/ Oh yes definitely. Just let me know what day and I will be there. Im pretty flexible. There isnt much happening that I cant cancel lol

Sounds good to me, I'll just have to make it in school hours! Where would we meet? Im not even sure where everyone lives. I can come anywhere, Im easy!!
    Hope everyone is well. I've got 8year old SIL here and Tilly is not too happy because SIL wants to be with Coco. Drama's. im not quite s8ure how to deal with it either.
    gotta run, real estate coming xoxo

Oh I'm jealous of all of you Sydney girls meeting up! Maybe I can convince DH to take a LONG drive down to Sydney later in the year to 'meet' some of my family with Maddy and grab 1/2 a day to catch up with you ladies in Sydney!

Rough night....Maddy slept a big portion of yesterday and then went to bed at 8pm rather than 10pm. Stupid me stayed up til almost 11pm and then felt trashed when Maddy woke up at 1am for a feed. She then woke up again at 3am, 5am and again at 6:30am. I ignored her fussing at 6:30am but she didn't acutally cry at any point.

Hope you all had good nights!

Can't believe my little piglet is 6 weeks today! :shock:

Yay...my new ticker worked! Except that i hate that it doesn't show that she's 6wks today....

I hate that too Beck! I always look at mine and think it looks wrong, because I think it should change on a Thursday when she was born, like this coming Thursday it should show 8 weeks .... I dont know how it works lol

YAY for Maddy being 6 weeks today! Went fast didnt it?

With the meet, if you girls want to pick somewhere and just let me know thats fine. Im quite happy to drive aslong as its not 10000 degrees that day. I actually miss driving a bit, I just dont seem to go anywhere further than 20 mins lately lol

I just added some more pics of Jasmine. Took me all morning because msn kept stuffing up on me but finally managed to get them up there. Theyre at the end of the slideshow. All the new pics I add, they will go to the end so you have to watch the whole thing Im afraid lol!!

That sounds good about meeting up. If it's a weekday I can get the train with Mum which will make it a little easier, since she works near Town Hall station and is even willing to go to work later so that we don't have to leave at 5:30am. I don't mind where it is, just so I know in advance so I can try to figure out where to go and how to get there LOL. But it will be good since I haven't been to Sydney in ages, except for traveling through it. Mum thinks it is great idea for me to get out and meet up with people. DF is being all weird and suspicious though LOL.

Logan is doing well, some nights he sleeps for 4 -5 hours but last night he didn't lol. He did put himself back to sleep when he woke at 7 though, Mum heard him fussing and was going to check on him, but by the time she got to him he was fast asleep again. He weighs about 6kgs now.

It was good to go to the movies on Thursday, Logan didn't cry the entire time, even though other babies were. He did do a loud poo though so I missed some of the movie waiting for the change room to be free. It was great to be able to get out of the house and of course being in a place with nice a/c is always a plus

Grrr I am so mad I typed a big ole post and then my computer crashed last night! Oh well!

Beck, love the new ticker! I wish it said 6 weeks also! Can you believe our babies are 6 weeks already? Thanks for the suggestion about breastfeeding, but I am expressing and givving her bottles. I do have the stage one nipples, so I dont know what else to do besides take the bottle out every half ounce or so to giver her breaks. She hates that, but if it helps it'll be worth it! The doc prescribed a new med yesterday that is supposed to keep food that reaches her tummy in her tummy. I start that today!

Kate, Jasmine is sooo cute! Great pictures! Dont you just love the smiles now? We have the smae bouncer! It is Abby's favorite thing to play with! The only drawback is that she gets too excited and...you guessed it...spits up! lol!

Melly, Im jealous of Logan's sleeping patterns! I cant wait till all our babies sleep through the night!

Woops, gotta run! Abby is acting up! I hope you all have a great weekend!

Whoa....rough night! We got home late from my Dad's place at about 10:30pm. Maddy was asleep so I went to bed too and instead of sleeping through til 3am (I should have known as she'd only had a small feed before we left for home) she woke up at 1:30am and fed til 2:45am!!!! I was so dead....

Poor little thing is so crook. She doesn't 'act' sick but her phlem has gotten into her chest now and she keeps coughing away.

MIL just took her for a walk in the pram and now they're back and Maddy is fast asleep in her pram. I think I'm going to have a nap while she does.... :sleeping: :sleeping:

Sarajo, I hope the new reflux meds for Abby work! She looks so gorgeous in that little photo you've used in your ticker. I havent got a photo of Maddy smiling yet because she woke put it on show for the camera! *L*

Beck, bummer about the bad night. Tim did his second shift of the weekend last night, now it's back to me. bummer! She has done ok, sleeping 4-4.5 hours initially and then feeding then 2-3 hours then feed. She then woke at 7am and I fed her this morn and she is still asleep now (9am). Lovely! Of course though, we all got up at 7am and having tilly I can't go back to sleep. Never mind.
    Sarajo, I hope the meds work well for Abby. Must be a struggle for you. HOpefully it will pass soon, and yes, hopefully all our bubs will sleep through soon!!!
    Mel, that's exciting that Logan was so good at the movies!! I might have to try that soon!!
    Coco is over 9 weeks now. CANT believe it!! We have immunisation on thurs, I am so not looking forward to it!
    have a good sunday everyone. We are meeting with our ante natal class for a reunion!! Then we're going to the inlaws for lunch after that, as BIL has gotten engaged!
    xoxo

Thanks Sarajo! Jasmine seems to wake up smiling now, and she is pretty happy and smiling for the first couple of hours in the morning, so I have my camera ready lol. Jasmine has thrown up on the bouncer a few times too though I think its the vibrating thing that makes her do it. Gotta love the protective covering and how the throw up comes right off! Good luck with the new medication. I really hope it works!

Melly yay Im glad you will be coming when we meet up! I would love to go to a mums & bubs movie session. I dont even know if we have any around here. My luck Jasmine would scream through the whole thing, but she is starting to notice the TV and is a little fascinated so maybe I could take her? I might look and see where there is one. Did you take the pram with you?

BeckOh bugger about the bad night! I hope you can get some rest today! Hopefully the phlegm is moving its way through Maddy and will soon be on the way out. Poor little thing.

Meg Jasmine has her 2 month needles this Friday! Im so nervous about how much its going to upset her for the entire day and night. Please let me know how Coco goes with hers! Hope you have fun with your antenatal class reunion! How cool is that! Also I meant to ask you is mothers group different from playgroup? I noticed you said you had a teacher? Im not sure which one Im supposed to be going to tomorrow but I thought it was mothers group, but wasnt aware we would have a teacher. Should be interesting though. Im getting a bit anxious about meeting all these new women tomorrow lol

I think Jasmine is still in her growth spurt stage, last night I fed her at 7pm and she took 140mls and then screamed to high heavens when the bottle was finished. I had no idea what to do so I thought I would just give her a little bit more from another bottle, and she drank the entire 160mls of that too! :shock: I couldnt get it away from her. I was so sure she was going to spit it all up, but she just did a massive burp and then went to sleep. LOL So weird! She has never even come close to drinking that much before. And then this morning, I went to put her in one of the rompers I usually put her in during the day, and it seemed to be a big snug, so I had to go up a size :-s Which I dont mind, because I have heaps more clothes in 00 than I do in 000 anyway! But still :boggle:

Anyway hope everyone has a great day. Its a beautiful day here and I wish I could be bothered to go out lol

Kate, I didn't take the pram to the movies, couldn't be bothered trying to get in on the bus lol. Everyone else had ther babies in prams though.

DF starts his new job tomorrow. It pays well and he'll be manager of a store. He's a bit disappointed because he has to work Saturdays and he likes to play World of Warcraft (an online game) on the weekends.. *sigh* He's just a big kid at heart. I always say I have one child and one baby :P

Hi guys!
    I am just wondering how everyone gets their babies to sleep at night? We tend to start around 6pm and I end up feeding her to sleep then she wakes up 10 mins after, then I might let her cry for 20 minutes, then I end up rocking her in my arms for at least half an hour. It takes up until about 8.30pm and by that time, I don't want dinner, and I have missed my whole night and basically have to jump in bed if I want any sleep at all. I just want a quicker way to get her to sleep!! then , last nigth she got to sleep at 8.30mpm and woke at 10.15pm WHAT THE...so I had to have her in my bed from then on, as she wont' resettle in her cot again once she' wakes. So basically I've had a crappola sleep.. again.
    Just any tips would be great. I might post in the sleeping section later too. I think having to share a room with Coco is the worst part, every noise keeps me awake. But not much I can do about that.
    Kate, the mothers group is a group run through the early childhood centre. And one of the nurses hosts it for the first 6 weeks, then you're own your own with the group. I also used ot go to a play group with Tilly and it was very similar, but it was different in that toys were supplied for the kids, and there were activities for them etc. Mothers group just tends to meet at the park or someone's house after the first six weeks.

Better run, have to feed Coco before we head off for school. We've got chiro after that. My chiro is a great Dr, but unfortunately hasnt helped Coco with sleeping. will persevere with it though!! xoxo

Thanks Shannon!!!!

Hi Meg,
    How did you go with putting Coco down for 2 hours, did it work for you? I am guessing not. Meg, honestly my heart goes out to you. I am not going to be much help but, I was given a book called “The New Contented Little Baby Book” by Gina Ford as a present and I have got some really good tips. I really would give this book a go! When are you booked into the sleep clinic (sorry can’t remember what it is called)
    Meg all I do is just bath then feed and then bed.
    I have had no problem with Hannah at night but the nights were she is unsettled is when she is overtired, this only happens when we have had a big day doing heaps and then straight out that night. Saturday we were out shopping all day and straight to Colin’s parents for dinner, she was grizzly and I was getting so ****ed of they just wanted to pick her up which was just making it worse.

I AM SO JEALOUS ABOUT YOU GUYS CATCHING UP!!! WHAT ABOUT BECK LEANNE AND I!!! Have fun!!

Mel I plan on going to the pictures with Hannah, I think it is a wonderful idea. Did you meet any other mums? All men are boys at heart!!!!!!!!

Kate hey bummer on the light and tasty being crap!! Are you going to stay with the dinners?
    How cool on getting wireless!! So they bloody should offer it after what they did!! Yea I am really praying that Hannah is not going to be beside herself after her shots. FINGERS CROSSED FOR ALL OF US!!! When are you starting gym?

Beck hope you have had better nights? How is Maddy? How is her little cough going? I am guessing there is not much that can be done to her clear it? Is it good to have the in-laws back; are they back for good or just popping in? What is going on with your BIL?

Sarajo, PRAYING that the meds work for little Abby!! How has it been since you have cut out dairy from your diet? I can only imagine how much washing you must have! Hope you are doing ok??

Christie, HOPE you got some sleep!

I am doing ok, I have my six week check on Tuesday which I have to get a smear test (not really looking forward it) but have to agree with Beck, if all is ok then I don’t have to worry for another 2 years. I am waiting to get the all clear because I want to start water aerobics for new mums, which I think will be fun. The day class which is on Thursdays has a child minding faculty which is great the class only goes for 40mins. Then I am going to join the gym. I did start my walking everyday when Hannah was 4 weeks, helps clear the head.
    No sex yet on this front (POOR HUBBY) I have just finished bleeding my god it nearly went 7 weeks.

Hannah has really been here before! Really has been no problems with sleeping and feeding and she is just beautiful. I just really can’t believe how much she has grown and I look back at the early photos and also of my preg belly and it feels like she has always been here but also gone really fast. IYKWIM.
    I plan on joining Mothers group but does not start until later this month.

Gotta go and put a load of washing on!!!!
    O O

:wave:

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Meg, I just do the bath, feed and then I usually just put Jasmine on my chest until she falls asleep and only then do I put her down. For the past 2 nights she has stopped screaming when I take her out of the bath, and she is really quite tired then....so she usually starts to close her eyes during feeding. But through the day and every other time, I just keep my eye out for a yawn and then I know to settle everything down and thats about it. Only when she is over tired is she unmanagable, which seems to only happen when its really hot. :smt102 You must have Tresillian soon, is it this week? Im so interested to see what they do for you. I really hope they can help.

Rach you can always come up to Sydney for the meet! That would be great! I usually come down to Melbourne once a year, I skipped last year because I was pregnant but will probably go again this year sometime, I will definitely try and see you and Hannah when I come down if I can. I agree that it seems to have gone really fast. I caught up with a friend of mine the other day, who didnt even know I was pregnant and he did not believe that Jasmine was mine LOL He just kept saying how can you have a baby already...mind you when I was pregnant though I thought it would never end! The aqua aerobics sounds like a good idea, bonus that they have the child minding! I went to the gym this morning... They have child minding there but I just give Jasmine to my mum, its too easy having my mum live in the next street over...especially when we have a gate through the neighbours house in my fence and in my mums fence so I can just cut through the back... I literally just pass Jasmine through the fence LOL But yeah it was ok. I didnt do much, just worked out a plan with the trainer and then just did a quick circuit and a walk on the treadmill. Wednesday should be better because all of the start up stuff is out of the way.

Melly I hear you about the pram lol I was wondering if you took it because to me they are such a pain but I was thinking at the cinema it might be a good idea, but if you didnt take one then I wont take mine lol Jasmine hates both of the ones I have anyway. Im yet to even take one out of the house! I hope your DF enjoys his new job!! LOL @ one child and one baby!

Beck, Christie, Sarajo, Tiggy hope you are well and you are getting lots of sleep and that your babies are too!

Well I didnt go to mothers group, but I did spy on them and check out the ladies and kids who went LOL I will go next week. I decided not to go this week because Jasmine hasnt had her shots and I didnt want her to catch anything, so we will start next Monday.
    Its a hot day here again, Im so over this heat!

Hi guys!
    Rach, thanks for the tip, I actually have the contented baby book, but found it's a bit hard for someone with another child as it's based around times. I am in and out so often! And having to be at school at 9am and 3pm just stuffs up any routine!
    coco actually had a 2 hour sleep today! Yipee! Hoping it was the chiro helping!!
    Rach, good luck with 6 week check. no fun, but it's good to get it over and done!
    Kate, I've got tresillian on the 14th! Valentines' day!! And my 2 year wedding anniversary. As usual I will spend it settling and feeding!! No wonder all days blend into one, it's all we seem to do!!
    Just realised I have to go and feed my mums cat. She's away for a few days. Wish we had teh back fence entrance like you Kate!! My mums about 3 streets away. i'll walk Coco down, I just hate coming home, it's all uphill!! good exercise though!!
    \Also, the reason I came on in teh first place, next monday I have chiro at 10am, so I will be able to meet you guys around 11.30. will that suit everyone?? I suppose it depends where we meet also.
    talk soon xoxoxo

Hey! Sorry I haven't been around much today, been out and about with the parents-in-law. Maddy slept like an angel today....not suprising considering her cough & phlegm has gotten so bad she chokes even sitting up. Hence me being up at least every hour, if not half hour all of last night from 1am onwards. I wasn't very happy this morning being so sleep deprived but I took her into the nursery to get her changed and she gave me this huge smile & giggle. I melted of course.... *LOL*

Hoping for a better night tonight. Sorry I've got no personals going here....about to fall asleep watching the season premiere of Desperate Housewives....

YAY my favorite football team won the superbowl yesterday! I dressed Abby up as a Cheerleader! I put the pics in her photo gallery, take a look!

Meg, I am so sorry about Coco's little sleep patterns. Abby seems to do the best at nighttime. She slept 5 hours between feedings twice through the night last night. Was Tilly a bad sleeper, also? HAve you talked to your pediatrition about this? MAybe you could have a small glass of wine?

Beck - I hope you and Maddy are sleeping away today! I kow, I get frustrated, and a little smile from Abby makes it all better too! I hope you are having a better night tonight!

Rach - I put dairy back in my diet because it didnt seem to make a difference! You are so lucky to have such a good baby! Abby is pretty good, besides the whold spit up thing. I cant imagine myself being pregnant with Abby inside...it does seems she has always been here!

Kate, sounds like a growth spurt! I have been giving abby 150 ml but she spits up like 30-60 of it usually! :smt016

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast