Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in December 2005 #3

beck, bummer about the pap smear. What a hassel, they shouldn't charge you next time!!
    I weighed Coco today, she's 5.5 kilos!! my goodness!!
    off to bed now, HOPING Coco lets me get a few winks xo

YTT? LOL I used to have a friend who was obsessed with that show. I used to go over her house every day after school and she would always be doing some dance or copying something that they had done on the show lol She loved Juanita ..... but I think she was the one who died or something? I cant remember. Oh and she used to wear the clothes that Danni Minogue bought out too lol Funny

*wonders if thats why Meg worked at Ch 10?* lol

Well had another rough day, Im so glad the southerly is here and it starting to cool down. I dont think I could take another day like today!

Oh and Ive had AF all bloody week, she arrived last Friday and as per my usual cycle, still going today. They usually go for 7 days straight so Im hoping tomorrow will be the last day. On the upside, this would be the first time ever that I havent had a pimple break out to accompany AF, so maybe my skin has finally matured lol But oh I could do without the period pain thats for sure. I forgot how annoying it was to be a girl!

Anyway Im off for a shower and hoping Jasmine stays asleep for a little while now. Poor little thing, it must be horrible. I wonder when they can start to regulate their own temperature better?? Anyone know?

Hey Ladies! I just dont know what to do! Abby's bottles are pretty all much bouncing right back up! The only thing I can figure is yesterday I tried adding dairy back into my diet, so she might be lactose intollerant. It is so frustrating! because she isnt keeping down any food, she is hungry all the time. I am cutting dairy back out of my diet starting today, but Im thinking it may take a day or so to see any results (if it is even that!). Arrgghh.

AF is flirting with me, although I dont think she is here quite yet. I just have mild bleeding and I am more emotional than normal.

Oh, have any of you tried sex yet? we tried last night...ouch. TMI, but he wanted to try to hold out to make it last longer, and I just wanted it over. lol! Im sure the pain will get better! Oh well!

Beck - Thats great you both got a bit of sleep! How nice that your MIL is doing bathtime! My inlaws are visitning Feb 17th, I can't wait!

Meg - I dont know how you do it! I forget you have Tilly too! After a day like yesterday with Abby I am in tears and ready to hand her off to Don and just go to bed! I cant imagine having another little one to take care of! Im sure I will know some day when we have our second, but right now it is too hard to think of! Kudos to you girl! I hope you are getting good sleep tonight!

Kate - Sorry to hear about the temp! I hope it cools off for you and Jasmine!

How do you add a pic to your ticker?

Just got off the phone with the nurse, and she doesnt think dairy is the entire problem, since the milk isnt staying in long enough to be digested. She wants me to minimize dairy just in case it is some of the prob. She thinks it is a problem with the feeding, like Abby is taking it too fast or something, along with the reflux problem. So next feeding we are going to take extremely slow, and see how that goes. I guess my plans for today just went from trying to get to the store to staying in trying to figure this out! My poor little spitter-upper! Oh well! Its temporary, right?

nevermind about the ticker!

I think Im going to take some more pics today! My family teases me on how many pics I take of her. They say she needs sunglasses because of all the flashes! lol

Cute photos Sarajo!! I see you got teh ticker working!!
    Sorry to hear about Abby's feeding probs. I would try the no dairy(Im diong that too) and have you asked the Dr about reflux, and what you can do? Maybe you should check out the reflux thread on BB. Do you feed her upright? I think that can help?
    We slept ok last night. She did 4 hours and then we both fell asleep feeding. I got her back in teh cot at 2 adn she slept until 4.30am and then she slept next to me. Not too bad as I pretty much slept the entire time.
    I started my new eating plan yesterday. My early childhood nurse said it is highly likely a sensitivity with Coco as I myself have intolerances' to wheat, yeast adn sugar. I am giving up sugar and yeast first. I also have soy instead of dairy. She has recommended I get a referral to a paed gastro Dr to have Coco checked. At least then I'd know for sure. I might also see if a natropath could find out any intolerance's that Coco may have.
    Kate, you crack me up. I think rather I liked YTT because I wanted to work in TV!! I have wanted to work in TV since I was 5. My dad was in advertising and wrote ads, he used to take me to the filming and my first time I was 5 and kknew that's what I wanted to do (camera woman or actress)!! Since I've had an anxiety disorder since I was 17, I've compensated by working behind the scenes, but my plan is to do my life coaching course and take that ON to TV!! By the time I finish my course I am sure there'll be need for a life coach on tv, with all the lifestyle type shows. Infact I saw a show called 9am yesterday and they have a woman on each day whom I think must be either a life coach or psychologist, so there is need out there! Ulimately I'd like my own Oprah show!!
    When I worked at Channel 10, I couldn't care less about the people on the screen (well, unless I was friends with them and liked them), but I just get a high being in teh tv atmosphere. I love the pace, the pressure, the stresses etc!! I work best under pressure and being in teh newsroom there were deadlines every day, i loved it!!
    ok, enough crapping. xoxoo

Just added a couple more photos. xox

:shock: Sarajo - nope, no sex for us yet! *L* I haven't let DH near me and my GP said yesterday my bit are still a bit inflamed so he won't be getting lucky in the traditional sense anytime soon! hehe

A suggestion with the feeding...you mentioned that Abby might be throwing it up because she's feeding too fast? Perhaps it's that or maybe your flow is too quick for her too? My mum had that problem so she ended up feeding lying down on the bed with baby lying on top of her breasts, rather than parallel to her chest if that makes sense? This means that flow isn't as fast and baby has to work a little harder to get the milk flowing.

Meg - That's so cool that you've always known what you wanted to do! I always thought I wanted to be a early childhood educator but changed my mind and left with a BA in Primary Education rather than a full teaching degree. I get alot out of helping children learn but got disillusioned by the lack of discipline teachers are allowed to use (I'm NOT for corporal punishment, I just hate that it seems like the children call the shots these days instead of 'authority' figures) and how bratty and rude some children are.

Kate - I hope that AF goes away quickly for you! So cool about the pimples not turning up as usual! You don't take too many photos of Jasmine...I'd be taking that many if my digital camera hadn't decided to go on strike. Luckily my PILs are hear and are happy-snappy about their grand-daughter. Can't wait to see more photos of Jasmine...she is so photogenic!

From our front....bad news on my SIL who is due on Feb 16th. Bubs has suddenly turned breech in the last few days and now if baby hasn't turned (he/she is currently bum and FEET down) by her next appointment on Tuesday morning, they're doing a C/S on Tuesday evening. She has a VERY active 2yr old and recovering from a C/S is NOT what she needs. I've sent her a long email with the info from Belly Belly about turning a breech bub. SO hoping it works!

I've come to the conclusion that I have been over-feeding Maddy at night. Generally whenever she wakes up - 4-6 times during the night - I just pick her up before she starts crying (so she doesn't wake up a tired Daddy who needs sleep for work) and feed her. Last night she screamed until we got home just after 9 (we went out for coffee) and I fed her until 10pm and then wrapped her and put Maddy to bed.

She woke up making noises at 2am but I just straightened her in the pram and she dropped straight back off to sleep. I had to WAKE her at 3:15am because my boobs were killing me and she was all floppy & sleepy on my lap - it took her a good 2 or 3 mins to wake up and feed properly. She fed for 15mins, I changed her nappy and went back to sleep until 4:30 when I settled her again and she dropped back off again.

I can't help but wonder how long she would have actually slept had I not waken her up? Me thinks I just need to settle her and reassure her when she wakes up - I mean she rarely refuses the boob when offered it, but I don't really think she is as hungry during the night as I had thought.[/list]

Beck, this is what we were told yesterday at mothers group. Try not to wake her, give it a shot (our teacher said "be brave", as it is nervewrackign trying new things and wondering if they'll work). She said if you're too full, just express a bit till you feel comfy. This doesn't apply to me...YET as I have never had to wake Coco as she doesn't sleep long enough...!! Anyway, you never know, she might just sleep on. Also I have started not feeding Coco every time she wakes, and usually I can resettle her without feeding, this has only been the last week. So that way she is not relying on feed to get back to sleep! If however, its' been three hours or more, I feed her. But with most babies at this stage, they can go further without a feed. i will be trying to get her to go longer next week (DH is on shift tonight and tomorrow night, so not my problem!!!!!!!!!!!! I will only get up to feed. Infact, he might be able to stretch her out)!
    Sarajo, we did try bding and it was ok, but im in no rush to try again!!! DH was absolutley desperate so I said yes, but Im happy to leave it for another few months!!!!!

P.S - Meg, those new photos of Coco are GORGEOUS. Love the colour of her eyes!

Good Morning Guys,

WHY WHY!!!!! I have not been getting the reply email, so I had just guessed you were all a little quite!!! BUT OH NO I just have been missing out and always seem to have to spend ages to catch up.

I am going to cook dinner now while Hannah is a sleep. I hope you are well.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Rach, what a bummer!! How have you been?
    Shannon, she looks alot better adn we went to the paed last week. tHe liver is still not 100% and we have to go back in 2 months. Until then, we just ignore it!! I think she's looking good, but her eyes are still a bit cloudy. I'd say it is the breastmilk jaundice, I hope so anyway!! Thanks for asking!

Thanks Beck, Coco has really dark blue eyes at the moment. I really hope they stay that way, but I have a feeling Tilly's were the same colour at this stage, adn hers are now a browny green (still lovely, but i do love deep blue). I'd particularly like Coco to have Dark hair and blue eyes. Love that!! Will be interesting to see how our baby's do turn out!! xoxo

:wave:

Hello

I hope everyone is having a good day so far! We had a great night and are still going well this morning.... so far anyway. Its not half as hot as the past 2 days so Im sure Jasmine is just much more comfortable, as am I!

Meg I love that you always knew what you wanted to do. I still have no idea lol Im sure you will be very successful as a life coach, I would love to see you do it on TV! Love the new photos of Coco, she is just sooooo cute!

Beck thats so interesting about Maddy, I wonder if she would sleep right through now? Last night I fed Jasmine around 10pm and she took about 180mls and she stirred a little around 2am, but I guess she put herself back to sleep because the next thing I knew it was 7am. So I figured she mustnt be as hungry at night as I thought so either, because this isnt the first time she has slept right through. Mind you she is still sleeping in the rocker though lol

Sarajo omg how horrible for you both. Reflux sucks. Hopefully it will make a difference with you changing your diet, it probably will take a little while to make a change in your system. All the best to you, I will cross all my fingers

Rach I found I wasnt getting hardly any updates when I subscribed to get the emails... I dont know why it happens but its annoying. Now I just sign into BB and check manually. :smt102

Well Ive been completely obsessed with the BB changes they are making to the poor pregnancy buddies, but it doesnt even concern me so I have to just stop looking, and stop putting in my two cents worth LOL I just cant help myself, but now I have a new issue anyway, check this out and tell me if it makes sense, because it bloody doesnt to me!

Telstra rang me this morning and said my account required a payment, so I said "My account is in credit" because I always overpay my account and now Im in credit a few thousand dollars right? Anyway the chick says to me "Yes your account is in credit, but we still require a payment every 3 months to keep the account active?" I was like WTF?? Since when? Anyway to cut a really long story short, she cut off my home phone!!!! Im fuming, seriously so angry that I have to sit and calm down before I ring them back. I dont see how I could be required to make a payment, when there is nothing to pay. Ive been overpaying my account for years and years and Ive never had this problem before, it doesnt even make any sense to me! Anyway someone at Telstra is going to cry very soon. Poor bugger who answers my call :smt062 :evillaugh:

Oh my lord Gemini....thank god I don't work for Teltra because I would not want to be the one you rip a new butthole for! That is SO ridiculous....I think that woman is full of it! Tons of people have their accounts in credit for the same reason you did.

If there is credit, why do they need 3 monthly payments? Is this their excuse to charge you for account keeping in their charges? Supposedly having to process something every three months? :fuming: =D> on you for giving them a gobful when you ring them back!

Oh and P.S Kate...what are they going to do now that stupid woman has cancelled your account? Refund the entire amount back to you?

Oh and make sure you demand your 'old' telephone number back!

Kate, bummer about Telstra (we actually swapped to Optus because telstra suck. Problem is Optus are not much better)!! But GREAT about Jasmine's sleep, that's amazing!!
    Im tossing up whether to buy a fan or a cd that plays everyday noise such as vacuuming, to play when Coco goes to bed. I have a feeling it's too quiet in our room and being at the front of the block, if a car pulls in, or someone walks into the units, Im sure it wakes her. Which do you think I should invest in?
    Just had a call from the red cross and I've offered to be a volunteer collector!!! It's only for two unit blocks in my street, so I thought what the heck. At least im doing something useful. I'll get MIL to babysit while I do it!!
    I am sooooo tired today. I am hanging for Tim to have his shift tonight!! I have to go and get tilly soon. It is going to take all my efforts to leave the house, but I need the exercise!!
    \xoxo

:fuming: :soapbox: Oh there just isnt enough angry emoticons lol

So I calm down (a teeny tiny bit) and Im sorry but I get someone whose English isnt all that crash hot who doesnt understand what Im saying :smt091 so I ask to speak to the supervisor, he gets all huffy and so I just lost it. I was still going off my nut when I realised he had put me on hold and I was yelling at music

Anyway spoke with the supervisor who was so apologetic. She didnt know why I even got a phone call, and since Im in credit I definitely dont need to be making payments.... and when I told her I was taking my business elsewhere she offered me a free upgrade to wireless broadband! I told her I would think about it and she can call me back on Monday after I have thought about it and calmed down. I was planning on getting wireless but I just had never gotten around to it.... Of course Im going to accept her offer, but I would rather them make a big deal of being sorry about it first!! So the phone is back on now, lucky for them. Still, way to **** me off.

Meg I would go the CD because when winter comes you dont want to have to just turn the fan off and break the routine. I think somewhere on here it recommends some CD's for baby.. or maybe I was just reading it somewhere else? WOW @ volunteering. I dont know where you get your energy from. I thought about doing letterbox drops just for some exercise, because I love walking, only I feel stupid when there is no destination IYKWIM? But now I cant imagine it lol

Anyway my brother rang and he just got his new laptop (so much better than the one he got me lol) and he needs help with setting it up. Im so tired Im going to have a nap while Jasmine is asleep and then go over there. I hate going to his house because they have a cat and I bloody hate cats but today the cat is at the vet getting spayed so its all good.

Ok Kate, you've helped me decide. i'll go the cd. i saw one at babies galore hte other day, with household noises, so I'll check it out tomorrow.
    I have to run, I have been told to put Coco in her cot after she's been up for 1.5 hours and is showing tired signs!! i tried this morn and she actually went to sleep!! Here we go again, although I think it was a fluke this morn.
    Way to go on the upgrade Kate!!!!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast