Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in December 2005 #3

Yep I dont get some parents. I was never allowed to hold babies when I was little, and I wouldnt dream of slobbering all over them, that plus my mum wouldnt have let me anyway! I know my friend can sense I am uncomfortable, because Ive discussed with her how I feel about "babies holding babies" many times, but she retorts with "But Miss 4 is sooo maternal, she is so loving, shes not like other kids, many parents say how lovely she is with their babies, and they only let her hold their babies and dont let other kids"
    Mind you, Ive heard first hand how these parents dont like Miss 4 touching their babies and 2 of them complained to the council and they sent her warnings to her daycare!!!!! She was open mouth kissing one of them, and pinching and hurting another. Im really unimpressed with her mother right now too, might go and have a rant about it later in the punching bag room!

And OMG IM SO SORRY. Sometimes I dont think when I come in here going on about how Jasmine sleeps. I should be much more tactful because I know how stressful Coco not sleeping is for you. Im really sorry. The last thing you need is to come in here and hear that after having months of no sleeping yourself. Im really sorry and will put a lid on it I promise. I know Im not your friend that you are talking about, but the last thing you need is to hear it from all ends!! Sorry #-o

hi girls!!

sorry i haven't been here..we went to canberra to visit ben's mates/more rellos for 5 days, then owens had a couple of rough days since we've been back(not sleeping etc)but he's asleep now, so i think hes settling down again..

glad to hear all is improving for Sarajo and Abby..i think the spewing is just a baby thing, Owen spews a few times a day and doc says its fine..but he's putting on heaps of weight, so maybe its different..

We should organise a meet up for the sydney girls and bubs..coffee and lunch or something like that..i don't know about you girls, but now that i'm in the swing of things i'm feeling much more mobile..let me know what you think..

I'd better go and do some washing and eat while he's alseep but while come back on later..

xx

PS i can't believe we could ALL have gorgeous bubs!!!how talented(well lucky) are we!!

No Kate, PLEASE keep updating on Jamine. Don't ever think I would'nt want you guys to have great sleepers! And I am more than happy to hear about it. It's different with my friend whom I talk to every day. I don't really mean I wouldn't be friends with her, and its' a long story, but she even thinks that her little man isn't sleeping ENOUGH (we're talking 7pm-2am and tehn 2.30-7am PLUS day sleeps). But she's still going to tresillian residential as she thinks it's not enough???????????????? So that's why it's bugging me, Im like "there is NO problem with your baby". Also I know with Tilly that things did settle down (ok it took 8 months) but I can handle that. so girls keep the updates coming!!!
    talk soon Coco is screaming the house down. xoxox

Just added the cutest smiley photo!!
    Hope everyone has had a great day. I have mothers group tomorrow. Has anyone else started mothers group? Apart from Mel, who's group sounds great!
    have a good sleep xxo

Meg, I haven't started mothers group, I haven't really checked to see f there are any in my area yet.

The last few days haven't been too great. I think Logan was going through a growth spurt on the weekend, he constantly wanted to feed and was really fussy. He hasn't been sleeping much lately and I have been getting pretty depressed. I honestly can not see how you manage it every day Meg. Today I had a headache from being so tired and a toothache, so I wasn't feeling my best. Every time I put him down to sleep he'd fuss and cry, so no sleep for both of us most of the day. DF finally took him at 4 so I could have a nap. Logan like to put hs hands on the back of his head and today he kept grabbing handfuls of his hair and pulling, which gave him something else to cry about.

He's also been throwiing up a bit. Last night Mum was holding him and he threw up all over her. She laughed and said after 5 children of her own she got used to smelling like baby vomit, we were both just amazed at how much there was, I think it was his entire feed.

Anyway, he is fussiing again so I am going to give him a bath. He seems to love having a bath, grins the whole time lol.

Mel, sorry that is my baby brain for you. Maybe it's Christie who's in a group. I am soooooooooooooooo hopeless. Sorry guys, I will have to blame it on baby brain.
    I am about to SCREAM. I've been trying to get Coco to sleep for two hours and she just wont settle. She falls asleep and then wakes up within 10 minutes. It is really getting me down. Mel, I know how you feel, it really is depressign when they dont' sleep. Some days I feel good, but my moods always depend on her sleeping. I know I don't have PND, but I certainly have my days!! I usually go for about a week and then I have a mini break down, then get over it for another week! But like this afternoon, I managed to get her to have a bout 3 half hour naps and my mood lifted sooo much, just because I knew she'd had her sleep, however now she's being unbearable and my moods down again. Lukcy for DH though, because he now has her, I refuse to go near her and I just hope he can get her to sleep. Problem now is that by the time she does sleep it will be feed time. WHat a vicious cycle!!!
    hope everyone has a better night than we seem to be having. xoxo

Im not!! :smt022 What a freaking horrible day! Poor Jasmine would not rest at all, unless I was holding her and the bloody a/c was off so it was about 5000 degrees in the shade here lol Sweat was dripping off her, and me. I know its the weather, because yesterday was a GREAT day and last night was excellent, today it gets too hot and she has a bad day again. Tomorrow is going to be 39 degrees so Im already starting to panic. Only one more month of this stinking heat and then it will be ok.

I seriously dont know how Im supposed to get through without the a/c lol and I freak out when she gets too hot because of SIDS so I dont know what to do! Ive been tearing my hair out all afternoon!

Meg I start my mothers group next Monday when school is back, so will let you know how it goes. Its just at the community centre at the end of my street so Im happy about that. Ive already spoken to one of the girls, and she seems nice enough. She isnt sure if there are any babies as young as Jasmine this year, but there is a 3 month old, so thats not too bad.

Melly, Jasmine does that with her hair and she looks at me while she is doing it and then screams as if Im doing it to her or something! Sometimes she will even have hair in her fingers... and she is missing hair from above her ears on both sides of her head from her pulling it herself lol She loves her bath too, but has now taken to screaming like a banshee when I take her out of it lol She hates getting out of the bath just as much as she hates getting dressed!

Ok well Im going to bang my head on the wall for half an hour and hope that I can knock myself out for tonight lol And Im going to try and think of a plan for getting through tomorrow. There is going to be a thunderstorm too apparently, which will only make the heat worse so YAY I love summer. NOT

Oh I forgot to tell you all that the Lite N Easy stuff came yesterday, the dinners are great but the rest of it isnt all that crash hot. I think I might change it to just getting the dinners if I can do that, I hope so because the rest is really **** to be honest lol

Anyway I just stuffed the whole diet thing up anyway by having a HUGE bowl of Krispy Kreme icecream and eating it up with a Kit Kat LOL Oh well I had a hell of a day!

Meg, love the new photos! I havent been able to catch up so I dont know if this was already suggested, but have you tried feeding coco more to get her to sleep better? Abby sleeps best on a full tummy!

Abby spits up at least 10 times a day, but probably more. Oh well, we jsut have to do laundry OFTEN! She has finally grown out of an outfit! She has been eating a lot lately, and spitting up probably 1/8 of what she eats...not too bad! She is sleeping now, we'll see how long it lasts this time!

Kate, you are too funny with your kit kat and icecream! I hear ya girl! After some hard days, I cant wait to curl up with some chocolate! And I usually add a glass of wine with it and pump and throw away that milk! I hope you day gets better!

Melly, good to hear all is well with Logan and you! Thats too funny about him pulling his own hair! I bet he was so mad! lol! Abby just started sucking on her fingers and fist, and she gets them when its burbtime and when she gets them in her mouth, she gets a look of disgust, like, hey..thats not my milk! Then she gets mad! It's so funny and cute!

Hope you all are sleeping like babies...um, ok, not like babies! lol!

hi everyone!!

Meg, it is me that has been to mothers group already..I do have a great group, am very lucky..we are going out for coffee tomorrow so that should be nice..I love the new pics of Coco, she is such a pretty girl

Melly, Owen has been having growth spurts like that too, and not sleeping etc..it seems to last 2-4days and he still sleeps at night..it seems we're coming out the end of one today..but it has lasted 4 days so i'm pretty tired out..

Sarajo, great to hear that Abby has grown out of one of her outfits!!that's progress!!

hey have you guys seen the MSN messenger mums competition??there are great prizes(1st prize is $15,000!!)check it out!!

Meg and Kate, what do you think of a coffee meet up??maybe we could do it on a day when Melly can come down too??Let me know, we can always wait a bit til the babies are bigger if you want..what do you think??

Hope everyone else is doing well. Talk soon

Well Logan and I had a slightly better night last night, he slept from 2:30 til 6:30am. Then he woke up screaming like a banshee, but it was good for both us to get more than a couple of hours sleep.

We are going to go out today. I'm taking him in his baby sling, because I have to catch the bus by myself and don't feel like lugging his huge pram around. We're going to go to the movies, there is a Mums & Bubs session on today. I feel like getting out of the house and figure all the stimulation might wear him out a little.

Awe, Im jealous you girls can get together! I wish we lived closer! You should take a pic of all of you and the babies together!

Im glad you got a little better sleep, Melly!

Abby ate at 1:15 and was starving again at 2:30! Whats up with that? Major growth spurt Im guessing! She did spit up a bunch, so maybe she just spit up so much she was hungry that fast??? I dont know! Now she is sleeping really soundly! I can finally get some stuff done around the house! Im hoping she will sleep till 6:30 so Don wil be home to take the next feeding! We'll see!

Im off to fold laundry! I have been trying to do that all day! lol!

Christie, Im up for meeting up!! Would love to put some faces to the names!!!!
    What a SHOCKER night! She did not even LOOK tired until at least 10pm. So I know it's something I ate because she has NEVER stayed up that late. I had chocolate in teh arvo and im almost positive that was it, so as of today Im eliminating basically everythign from my diet (yeast, wheat and sugar) and will slowly reintroduce, if it seems it is helping. Im not happy about it, because like you guys, food is my excitement (big bowl of icecream etc). It helps me get through. but if we can improve sleep I guess I should do anything i can. ALso she didn't sleep in her cot at all so my back is KILLINg from nursing her all night. And of course the sleep was crap. Why oh why!!
    Kate, what happenend with the air con? I hope Jasmine is happier today. Can't believe the lite n easy is crap apart from dinner. The way they talk about it on the ads, you'd think it was the best thing ever. Jenny Craig also does food, my SIL is on that and she really loves the food. Maybe that would cost the same?
    Sarajo, good to hear Abby is growing!! Thanks for your tip, but I feed Coco heaps at night. I even fed her continuously from 6pm-10pm last night, and it didnt' help. i think it was the caffeine from teh choc.
    Better run, school time. I have had to call mum to take Tilly, i can barely move.
    talk later xoxooxox

Oh ladies...you poor things! What happened yesterday to turn our little bubs into horrors for a few hours? Perhaps they're all going through growth spurts at the same time?

Maddy screamed the house down - she literally made herself hoarse she was screaming so hard I thought someone would call the police on us! Turned out that because my BIL opened the windows and turned off the A/C (which she is used to) she basically got dehydrated. I feel like such a bad mum...she was feeding all afternoon but she was sweating so badly even in just a singlet & nappy.

Anyway, she was hysterical until about 8pm when I gave her ANOTHER long feed (she fed for 45 mins straight at that point...had a 10min break and then fed again for another 1/2hr) We had to go to the airport to pick up John's parents at 10pm, so I had to pull her off the boob. She exhausted herself with the screaming so much that she went out like a light in her carseat and slept like an angel in the hug'a'bub at the airport. She then slept in her Grandma's arms when we got home and would you believe slept from 10pm through til 3am! That's the longest stretch she's ever slept. Then, she fed for like 10mins and dropped off again until 5:30am. We dozed together til 6:15 when everyone got up.

Off to the Doctor this morning.... *sigh* I SO don't want to get my pap smear done but I guess there is no excuse not to get it done and if it comes back fine I'll have a reprieve for 2 years til the next one'll be due.

A big HUGGLES {{{{{}}}}}}} to all of you lovely ladies and hope you all have a much better day today!

Beck, fabulous for the long sleep!!! What a relief! Bet the inlaws were sooo ex cited to meet Maddy!! Bummer bout the crying though. It must have been the moon or something, coco cried herself silly yesterday at one stage. They are silly little things, what is so bad about sleeping???????????? I have forgotten what it is!!
    Had to tell you all, AF is back. BOO HOO. THought she was back a few weeks ago, and could've been for all I know, but this time Im sure. So much for staying away while b/f. Guess we'll have to be extra careful, I must be pretty fertile, and I do NOT want another one now. Imagine.....

Oh BOO HOO for you on the AF front Meg! :fuming: I have a feeling it might be back for me in the next week or two. Typical....have been getting little niggly cramps for the last two days. My cycle has always been like clockwork...aside from being pregnant, I think I've skipped two periods since I was 13 and they were both in the first year. Honestly though, not looking forward to the evil cramps that come with AF, but with the length of time during the pregnancy I used liners, I don't feel like she was ever away! *LOL*

Maddy is asleep in the pram and MIL is going to give her a bath this morning...yay! I really appreciate that because my back is so sore for sleeping upright.

Beck, I have to tell you something funny. I just read your post in General Chatter, about Rikki and Jamie!!! Anyway, they just had a baby together!!! He is about a month or two older than ours. How bizarre. A friend told me whom I used to be a YTT fan with. Honestly, the embarrassment of it all, at least I can laugh about it now. I was such a huge fan that I used to get teased at school. now I only get teased by my hubby!!! heehee.

Are you serious Meg? I never dreamed Rikki & Jamie would be a couple off the show so many years later! *L*

So annoyed, have to come back again for my pap smear. Sorry about the TMI but I still have some minor bleeding and apparently it would give incorrect results if I'd had it done today. Nice for a $70 appointment huh?

On the upside, Maddy is now 4.77kgs... my little chubby piglet!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast