Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #8

just adding a couple of christening pics now xo

very quickly Meg can yoy pkease give me a quick run down on how you start Coco with solids>THANKS HEAPS!!!
    Just letting you know that i couldnt get to see the christening photos.
    XXXX

Awe how sweet with the new pics Meg!

Beck, I think Abby weighs around 6.35 kg. I know it is hard not to compare! I find myself doing the same thing!

I think I am going to post some new pics of Abby in her outfit she wore to the wedding and the swimsuit she wore to the pool! I didnt know they made bikinis that small! lol!

Meg If you include certain "smiley" characters (also known as "emoticons") in the subjects or bodies of your messages, they'll be automatically converted to graphics. Try searching the internet for them! Also if you "go advanced" you can find some that you can add to your text!

Woops, sorry RACH! Forgot to post to you! How are you and Hannah doing? I hear you on the baby brain! Sometimes it seems even worse than the preggo brain! lol! How fun starting Hannah on solids! If you give me your email I will send you a little video of Abby eating rice cereal! It is hilarious! If anyone else wants to see it just email me and I will send it to you! Beck is the only one I sent it to so far! Oh and yes, solids make for stinky stinky nappies! Have a great day!

Hi Sarajo in the morning i will send you a email, would love to see the video of Abby!!

I started the rice cereal, Hannah seemed to really enjoy it.

Oh guys, its 3.38am and Hannah is laying in her cot crying and mummy is so tired. I feed her at 8.oo and feed for 40min she settled straight away and then up again at 2.55 feed for 15 mins, wouldnt feed anymore so back into cot and wont settle at all, tried rocking not working!!!

Oh hannah please bubba just go to sleep!!

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Rach, that is EXACTLY what Coco has been doing, waking up at 2-3am and then not wanting to sleep again. It's a nightmare. i have just started letting her self settle. although last night she woke at 2am and I left her till 3am, then fed and she fell asleep (she needed to talk and play for an hour first). Then she slept till 7am, so better than it has been , but not good enough!!
    With solids I started rice cereal once a day and then after one week started adding a vegie and then also added a second meal at the same time. So at the moment she has rice cereal plus vegie at 11am and then plain rice cereal at 5pm. Im trying today to give one meal at 9am and the other 5pm, as I just can't get out of teh house with a 11am feed.
    With this I try to feed her breast before she eats, but doesn't always work that way. This morn I breastfed at 7am and will give solids at 9am, so I might just try her on the breast for 5 mins first but that is all.
    It's a bit hard to have routine until they're doing 3 feeds. i will start a third meal in about 2 weeks, when she's almost 6 months. Im also trying a new vegie for 4 days or so and then trying the next one.
    gotta run,
    xxoxoxo

Thanks so much for that Meg!! WELL it took Hannah 2 hours[she cried the whole time) to go to sleep she fell asleep at 5.40 and woke again at 6.50 and woke again at 8.15. MEG what is going on?????

Rach, Im starting to think it's something in the stars!! I think my entire mothers group are having the same problem. Even babies that slept perfectly from birth, have, in the last few weeks, gone haywire! I am just hoping it all returns to normal soon.
    I think maybe it has something to do with solids. I think at first Coco was actually thirsty! I never had this problem with Tilly because she fed every 1.5 hours for 8 months, so she was never thirsty! (hungry probably before solids, but not thirsty). I am giving Coco extra water and breastfeeds, even just for a couple of minutes, and I gave her prune juice before I introduced vegies. I wouldn't be suprised if that is what is causing them to wake. Even though, Coco doesnt' wake in pain, it's more of a "I want to play" but I still think maybe her tummy doesn't feel "normal" and that's what wakes her in the first place. just a theory!!
    I've got mothers group this morn, so I'd better run. I've been cleaning madly, and now have to write my shopping list. Im going to check out recipe thread for some dinner ideas!! xoxxo

*jumps into the tired Mummy line* Maddy's sleeping patterns went out the window BIGTIME last night. Seriously, she woke up every HOUR for a feed. I am SO buggered....the only sleep I got was from 6:30am through til about 8:30am this morning.

I love my daughter but I could have strangled Madeline last night. Typically, my lovely DH slept through the whole time.

Oh, can you please keep my DH in your thoughts today? He has a meeting with his managers about pay and we seriously need a $10,000+ pay rise; we can't afford to move from here and pay rent without it. If they wont give it to him, then he will have to go for another job.

Sara - that's good to know that Abby and Maddy aren't that far apart in weights. I'm not sure exactly how much Maddy weighs, she was 6.06kgs about 3 weeks ago so I was guessing 6.5kgs. Mind you, she SHOULD weigh 9kgs now considering how many feeds she's fitting in a day at the moment! Can't wait to see some 'bikini' shots of Abby! *LOL*

Rach - so sorry to hear you had a rough night! Good luck with introducing solids to Hannah!

Meg - hugs to you too for the rough night's sleep! Hope Coco gives you loads of sleep tonight! Oh, and the christening photos are GORGEOUS! You look stunning, and boy again...Tim is going to need a shotgun when Tilly is a teenager. *L*

Oh and I can't believe I'm even THINKING about another baby....but I've decided we're going to try (DH will be happy just thinking of the extra BDing he'll get in! *L*) for baby no.2 in August 2008. Maddy will be 2 1/2 then, and will be 3 and a bit when bubby arrives. I'm aiming for a due date from May-August.

Meg heres hoping that there is something in the stars!!!! The christening potos are just beautiful, what a beautiful gown!!! have fun at mother's group!!!

Beck sounds like we are all going throygh a rough patch at the moment. Hope hubby gets that pay rise!!! We are not going to have another bub.. That time will go so fast, it will be here before you know it!!

Gotta run, hannah has gone down for a nap so will clean up while i have the time..

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Im still here. Coco must know it's mothers group, so she's sleeping in!! My experiment worked, I usually giver her 150mls of formula before morn sleep to top her up, it usually means she'll sleep past 30 mins. anyway, today replaced formula with solids and she's sleeping!! YIPEE, because I want her to have less formula and reallly just have breastmilk (will still give her night top up).
    Beck, i will be thinking of your hubby, and really hope he gets the payrise. Crap that you had a bad night!! NOT FAIR.. what are these little ones doing to us.
    i think you're brave going for another... no I think it's lovely, and will be nice for Maddy to have a sis or bro!! Rach I said I wasn't having any more, it took me 7 years to reconsider!! That is not because I didn't love having a bub, I was just exhausted!!
    Ok, better get a move on. At least if Im ready to go when she wakes we only have to have nappy change then out the door!!!

Hey Meg i think our ubs are so in tune!! I gave Hannah a feed at 9.45 and she feed for about 20mins and has gone down for a sleep!!! Heres hoping we get a good night. I am really considering giving Hannah Forulma at night.. Meg is it really important to give solids within the hour a feed. That was my health nurse said.

At the moment its hubby who is really turned off having another one anyway there is plenty of time..

Have a good one xxxxxxx

Thanks ladies.

Meg, if I had my way, Maddy would be an only child. I HATED being pregnant for 8 of the 10 months. I love my daughter but there is no way I could go through pregnancy again while she is under 2 years of age. I was so sick, I'd literally need a nanny just to watch Maddy while I spend all day leaning over the toilet.

That said, John doesn't want her to be an only child and I understand where he's coming from. I used to want three but reality kicked in during pregnancy so I told him we can have 2. Then he's off for the snip! *L*

Beck we may be belly buddies again! We are thinking of trying again sometime soon after abby's 2nd birthday!

Meg I sent you the movie!

Abby had carrots today...she wasnt too excited, just kinda tolerated them! I think she will love bananas! I want to try that next!

bikini pics are on the website now! lol

Sarajo, Abby in her bikini is so cute lol.

Meg, the christening looked nice, Coco is gorgeous!

Beck, Hope DH gets the pay rise.

Rach, Logan has 2 teeth now.

Hope everyone's babies settle down and sleep more, if they aren't sleeping well. Logan isn't, we're going in for a day stay at a family care cottage nearby to try and see if I can get some ideas to settle him. That isn't for a couple of weeks though.

Logan has his first swimming class tomorrow morning. It should be fun.

I've felt a bit run off my feet lately, with very little sleep, plus lots of groups and classes. Yesterday as CPR and first aid. I wanted to learn CPR for infants and things have changed from when i learnt CPR in high school.. Tuesdays is PND Group Therapy, every 2nd Wednesday is YMG (young mothers group), then swimming on Fridays and am starting a 6 week Health & Beauty course that is run on saturdays, in a couple of weeks. So I'm getting out more than I have been used to in the past year.

Gonna try and get Logan to have a sleep.. Lately all he has is "power naps"

A mini-wahoo for my younger twin brothers who are 20. They have been working as CAD designers for a multi-million dollar semi-trailer design & building company. Their bosses paid them a pittance of somewhere around $28,000 each despite the fact that they have been running the company design section since their manager left a year ago.

A week ago they were offered CAD positions with a new company for around $70,000 p/a. Yesterday they went to their boss who spent 4hrs with them and offered to match the pay because he doesn't want to lose them! SO excited for them as they work so hard and they really like the company they work for.

Haven't heard from DH yet, but I just know unlike the twin's boss that his bosses wont offer him a pay rise to what we need to survive. :throw_computer:

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast