Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #8

Hi Danielle just quickly I really wanted to wait unit 6 months but i really believe that Hannah is ready. There is no set rule in regards to when you should start solids(what meal) Its when it bests suits you! Dont take my word for it, juice is not encouraged at this stage, way to much sugar..

Gotta erun sitting here in a towel..

Talk later!!

Dani, I wouldn't say Coco's doing "well" on solids (she loves it, but I am sure it keeps her awake). Anyway, you start when you think jett is ready. I would not give juice (except prune juice with nothing added if clogged up), you could offer cooled boiled water in a cup.
    Go Jasmine!! I started out with about 1-2 teaspoons of the rice cereal powder. i did that for a week then started adding one vegie at a time.
    gotta go, i am a walking zombie today!! I went to the shops to get a mothers day pres for mum and MIL and ended up getting a beautiful cardigan for Coco from pumpkin patch! Whoops, no pressys for the mums. But up until now the only things i"ve bought coco are Big W wondersuits. The poor child is the biggest dag at mums group!!
    TAking tilly to doc this arvo, she has an awful rash on her leg that I thought was exzema but has turned worse. Hopefully easy to fix
    loxox

Just another OMG with regards to sleep. We have been out and about with my Mother today at the shops so instead of her 1-3hrs sleep from 11am, Maddy probably napped for 20mins in her stroller while we were at the Coffee Club.

She's been irritable since we got home and rubbing her eyes, didn't want to sit still or play with toys; so I thought I'd try my luck with giving her some naptime in her cot.

Just put her in 5mins ago, didn't hear a peep and just tip-toed in to find her fast asleep. YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! Probably won't last long, but she's been fighting me lately if I try to put her down for a nap in the afternoon if she's missed her morning/lunch nap.

Hello Ladies,
    Thanks for the advice Jett is awake now so I am going to try the soilds thin tonight... wish me luck
    Went to town to do some shopping and he totally missed his nap, I put him down when I got home but he has only had an hour,
    anyway betta get him
    It is yum yum time....

Sarajo, The swimming went well. I had to do things like walk backwards with his head resting on my shoulder, and move his legs, saying "Kick" over and over LOL to get him to match the motion with the word and also do it for "paddle". I had to sing songs and move him around in the water. The instructor also tips a small bucket of water over their heads, she mostly tipped it down Logans back since he's not very used to it, she told me some words to say as a cue so that hopefully he'll learn to hold his breath when I say "Logan, Ready.. 1.. 2.. Go!" so I have to practice with him in the bath. Maybe in a few weeks he will be able put his head under water, but we'll see.. There were a few toddlers and one other baby 7months, apparently they all started swim classes at his age and sometimes younger.

I think he liked the toys the best though heh. He cried when he got out, I think it was just shock from being in the heated pool for so long.

Rach, thank you.. The only problem with having so many things each week is that we're out most mornings and don't get home until the afternoon or evening so Logan and I have been having naps when we get home in the afternoons but then I can't put him to bed until about 7:30pm. I just feel a bit bad about it, but I think he gets more naps in his pram than he does when I try to get him to sleep during the day at home.
    Last edited by Melly01; May 12th, 2006 at 08:39 PM.

Hey Mel, the swimming sounds so cool. I plan on starting when Hannah hits 6 months, our local pool has classes so I plan on doing them with my mothers group. Hannah is not a day sleeper, I find that when we are out and about she tends to nap in her pram.

Danielle good luck with staring the solids..Let us know how you go!!!!

Looks like we are in for a nightmare ofa night

Hi,
    Solids went well he gobbled them up, it was just a heinz on that I had.
    He is now in bed catching zzzzzz.
    I am ejoying a homemade pizza and beer. I am not sure if I have told you all but my hubby works arvo shift which means the lovely man leaves me home every night with Jett, arrrhhhh!!!
    He leaves for work at 3:00pm and gets home at 1:00am it is hard sometimes, but I am used to it now..
    Does anyone else have the same situation???

Hey Dani! Good job Jett on the solids! I would recommend when you start the veggies and fruit, do it early in the day so that if he has an allergic reaction you will notice it durring the day! My sister's hubby has that shift, and it is hard on them too! Especially now that Eddie sleeps through the night, his dad barely ever sees him awake!

Mel the swimming class sounds great! I have been splashing Abby in the face at bathtimes since she was born and I dunked her under water last time we went to the pool and she was fine with it! I love the kick kick kick idea! How do you get them to paddle?

Rach I hope Hannah sleeps well for you tonight!

Yay Beck on Maddy's nap! Sounds like she was just exhausted!

Meg I hope Tilly's rash clears up!

You all have a good night!

Sarajo, I had to hold him under his arms, to my side so I could see his face, to make sure I wasn't putting him under lol.. and then I moved his arms in a kind of dog paddle motion IYKWIM.
    gotta run logans upset

Hmmm, I can't imagine... that must have been a bit hard! I'll have to try it with Abby!

You're all so good with the swimming, Im a lazy mum!! I try to wet her face and head in the bath though.
    We got oral antibiotics fo rTilly's rash. Was very worried at one stage when one
    Dr told me she wanted blood tests to rule out meningitis. So I had major panic and booked into my usual Dr for second opinion. I only went to the first Dr coz it's bulk billed and I didn't think it was a big deal. anyway, next Doc gave medicine and I think it looks slightly better this morning.
    Had a reasonable night (compared to last few), she slept 7pm-2am then fed and talked till about 3.30am and then sleep until 6am. Not great, but better than night before. Just wish she'd go back to good sleeps!! I think cutting out night solids helped, but still no poo...we're waiting!
    have a great weekend. We have a wedding today and the girls are staying with MIL, then we're going back there to stay the night. Not really looking forward to the whole thing (wedding should be lovely) but have to pack so much for one night!!
    then tomorrow we're having picnic with the wedding couple (morning tea) and then lunch at Tims aunts, so i won't be on for a while. sure I'll be back this morn though, won't be going until lunch time
    xoxoxo

Good morning!! Ah thankgod Hannah slept so much better!! Feed at 8.00 woke at 12.00 (for a feed) and then back to sleep until 7.30!!!

Meg,hope Coco was good to you lastnight??

Dani good to hear that Jett loved the solids!!

Sarajo hope you are doing well!

Beck hope maddy Slept well!

Gotta run

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Yay for the better sleeps!

Abby wouldnt sleep today, she was up for 5 hours straight! She kept rolling over and doing tummy time instead of sleeping. Now she is out and it is time for her medicine. I think I am going to let her sleep for awhile!

She ate so many carrots today and then pooped and it looked like some of it came straight from the jar! lol! Weird!

So lets have a vote on what she will try tomorrow! Her choices are:

green beans
    peas
    sweet potatoes
    pears
    apples
    bananas

What do ya think?

Sarajo my vote is Sweet potatoes!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I say sweet potato too because that's Coco's favourite!!
    Coco hasn't pooped for 2 days....waiting waiting!
    Rach, we had a slightly better night but not great. She was awake in the middle of the night for about 45 minutes, and feeding for another 45 (all in a row ) and then back to sleep,, so that's ok, but not like it used to be! My mother in law has her tonight, so I hope she sleeps for her. I also cut out her night feed (solid) and she had her whole bottle plus breastfeed, so she wasnt' hungry. I just wanted her tummy to settle. Will do the same again today.

Also my MIL brought this routine around (her friends granddaughter did a sleep school thing, but it was based on daily activities not crying). Anyway, the routine is great once their on 3 solid meals a day, so I'll have to write it up (if Im allowed) otherwise will email it. It says that after waking and feeding, they need active play, where they do YOGA, and sitting, rolling etc (but we roll them) anyway, it really tires them out. I feel bad because I let Coco do her own thing most of the time!! But we have started "exercises" as of yesterday. Not sure on yoga moves yet, will have to call the hospital that did the routine!! Im also going to book in for a stayif she isnt' sleeping by 6 months.
    xoxo

Oh boy MEG, when she does poop, that is going to be one full diaper! lol!

Sweet potatoes wins! Yay I cant wait!

Last night I left Abby with a neighbor to go to the store for less than an hour and she screamed the entire time, then I got back and she was happy and then I was headed to another neighbors and so she took abby over 10 min before I went and As soon as they got in the door it started again! separation enxiety already?????????? I HOPE NOT! I really need to start taking her to other peoples houses so she can get used to it a bit!

Hey ladies....HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

Hope you all have a lovely day....am thoroughly enjoying being spoilt. I got ham & cheese mini croissants, honey dew melon & a coffee in bed this morning. Plus, Maddy helped her Daddy sign my card as well! hehe

Went to a feis (irish dancing competition) yesterday to help out with the scoring tabulation so John took Maddy out to coffee for a couple of hours. It felt SO good when they came to pick me up and Maddy was squealing & grinning so wide because she was so happy to see her Mummy. Makes you feel all gooey and loved inside! *LMAO*

Anyway, off to put Maddy down for a nap before we go to my sister's for Mother's Day lunch.

Hi lovely ladies.... Happy Mothers Day
    Just popped in to say poor Danni was rushed to hospital last night and had surgery to remove her appendix, she is currently recovering in the childrens ward whch is a little ironic being in her 20's and spending the last week there with Jett.
    Sweet Potatoe and Brocolli was a fav all round in this house for so long
    Bec

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast