Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #8

No problem Ambah!
    Sarajo, Abby looks gorgeous with earrings and very happy!! Obviously they have caused no probs?
    Well, talk about the night from hell. It's the worst to date. Apart from the fact she was awake from 9.20pm onwards, I had mastitis on both sides. Had all the flu symptoms last night, but as I fed constantly for 10 hours, it feels a little better, can hopefully get away with no medication.
    I am completely exhausted now though and it's been so long since Coco has slept well that it might as well never have happened. im sure it's her tummy, but Im doing all I can. I also think she's formed a habit of waking and not going back to sleep. Come on 6 months and Im off to sleep school.
    Hope everyone had a better night than us, actually it is highly unlikely it could've been as bad as ours!!
    xoxoxo

No worries Ambah!

Meg, so sorry to hear about your night.

I will be back on shortly to catch up.

Sorry Ambah, I'm a definate guilty party there!

Ok, well I'm off ice skating this morning with my mum, although I'll probably spend half of the time on the sideboards watching Maddy, playing touch tag with my Mother to watch bubs.

I love my new ticker! Was getting sick of my old one....

Hope all of you ladies are going well...we had a SHOCKING night and Missy would not let me sleep in this morning.

Ok, well gotta fly so I'll be back later!yfgv

I am so majorly guilty of add on posts...sorry Ambah!

Meg that is terrible! I hope you feel better soon, and I hope Coco takes a long nap today so you can get some much needed rest!

Beck love the new ticker! Makes me want to change mine!

Hope everyone is having a good day so far! Abby is jumpin away at the moment while I am fighting an all day headache. It is not a migrane though, thank God, those have been much better since Abby has been born!

Sarajo, only just realised we have the same ticker. There wasn't much choice there. Might have another look. Where's yours from Beck?
    Still feeling crap, Coco has done a poo, it's better than it was but not great, hopefully heading in right direction. MIL is coming now so I can do grocery shop,. No time to rest!! Im debating whether to go to Doc's, i never have for mastitis before, and kind of want to hold out,. I have red lumpy patches, but that is how I usually have it. Kind of think I can get rid of it myself.
    hope everyone's enjoying thier day. Sorry to hear your night was crap Beck, we should've been on teh phone!
    xo

oh it doesnt matter meg! We just both have the same great taste! Im thinking of changing mine anyway...Im bored of this one since Ive had it 5 months!

Yay on Coco poo! Hope you feel better MEg!

Try 'babysfirstsite' Meg! They've got tons more options!

Edited to add: I just had THE rudest and most condescending pair of builders around to quote. They seriously made me feel like such an imbecile that I wanted to cry. The young bloke was ok but the older guy effectively told me I was wasting his time because I didn't know the finer points of what my p-i-l wanted. Grrrrrrrr......

Of course Maddy was asleep and then a disabled girl turned up trying to sell me things and pressed the door bell so hard that it jammed and continued to ring until I disabled it. This was of course AFTER Maddy began screaming. Meanwhile the builders were standing there just looking at me like I was a flaming idiot.
    Last edited by Beckibee; May 18th, 2006 at 05:07 PM.

Awe Beck how mean! People these days!!!
    lol at the doorbell! I know it was frustrating, but you will look back on that one and laugh!
    Thanks for the ticker website! They do have better tickers there!

OMG Abby was under her gym and I go check my email and I come back and she is 8 foot away or so beside the couch! I am so not ready for her to be mobile yet!!!! We dont have the house baby-proofed yet or anything! She is growing up too fast!

Oh and get this...Don and I used to work at the same place. My boss sent a message to Don asking if there was anything they could do to get me back to work because they are having a hard time replacing me. Although that is flattering, I really need to be home with Abby. Don agrees, but my family is pushing me to go back. Its hard because we are struggling money-wise, but my dream is to be a stay at home mom. I feel guilty either way. My family says they would go back for a year to be more money secure. I would then miss Abbys first words, first steps, etc. I have made up my mind and I am staying home. Why do I feel guilty about it? Argh!
    Last edited by sarajo; May 19th, 2006 at 03:21 AM.

Sarajo, there is NO need to feel guilty, although I understand! I have people in my life that hint about me getting work. I stayed home with Tilly and did part time work once she was almost 4. My mum was always home for me after school and I really appreciated that. i want to be there for my kids. particularly the first years. The fact is, if you work, you end up paying someone to look after your child anyway. I don't get why people don't see stay at home mum as a legitimate job. As Dr Phil says, research has shown that SAHM's job is equivalent to two full time jobs!!
    Bec, thanks I got a new ticker!! ANd oh my god about the rude builders and door bell. It is a bit laughable (just because the same thing happens here, like a car alarm goes off just at sleep time and it won't stop), but getting the doorbell jammed is so not good. I would've knocked someone out I think! How did Maddy go last night?
    Coco was ok, she woke up about 4 times but was very easy to resettle. She didn't feed until 5am which was good. Mind you, she isn't over the constipation, we've got a way to go I think. Lots more water and tummy rubs. We're still off rice cereal so I hope something more happens soon..but obviously the bowel motion yesterday (which wasn't huge) relieved her for the night.
    gotta run, hope everyone has agreat day. im going to mums group for a First Aid demo.
    xoxooxo

Have a wonderful day ladies!

Knew we were in for a late night last night because Maddy fell asleep in the car and continued to sleep until 11pm. I gave her a feed and rocked her back to sleep but when I went into the bedroom at 11:45pm, she was wake and squirming around for more booby. Like usual, I brought her into bed with me and I think I fell asleep the moment she latched on. She didn't wake up again for another feed (mind you, she was sleeping on her belly across my chest) until 4:30am and then by 6:30am I really needed to stretch out so I put her beside me in bed when John left. She and I then slept until 9am which was just lovely.

Meg, good to hear that Coco's constipation is slowing working it's way out! Poor little chooken, she's probably so uncomfortable. Love your new ticker...I almost chose that butterfly one too! *L* I guess the doorbell thing WAS funny, if it hadn't have woken Maddy up I probably would have laughed too!

Sarajo, love your new ticker too! LOL @ Abby worming her way around the room. Does she kind of wriggle around but not actually crawl? Cause that's what Maddy does too...she can travel from one end of her cot to the other. hehe I agree with you & Meg as well about staying home. I know everyone's situation is different but I honestly believe that if you can afford it; it's worthwhile being at home with your children. If you wanted to; is there any way you could work part-time from HOME? That way you could be with Abby Jo but you could do some work during her naps?

Still so angry about those builders. John was quite upset when I told him about it; he wanted to call them and tell them off for upsetting his wife. He is such a sweetie!

Well, I'd better fly. It's 9:40am and we've got to go the shops & the hairdressers with my Mum when she gets here. Now that we've eaten breakfast I'll go have a shower and wash up the dishes.

Talking

Hello strangers!!

I am staying at Mum and Dads for the weekend and managed to get on line.

Beck, did you get the message I left on your mobile? I am such a spaz!! I had even spoken to Tara (January baby) about coming with me and it was all on, just goes to show even having a diary doesn't stop you from forgetting anything. Anyway please please let me know when it is going to happen again, and maybe this time I should just catch the train there and camp until the day. Anyway I hope all is forgiven and you all had a nice day.

We are going really well. Drew is weighing in some where between 7.5 and 8kg, either way we have turned his carseat around and he loves it. He is really starting to become a little boy rather than a baby, not that you could mistake him for a baby before. He is starting to reach out for things and actually reached out for me today - so cute!

I have just stopped breastfeeding, other than first thing in the morning and last thing at night, and feeding has become so much easier. I am really enjoying bottle feeding him, and he seems to be better for it. I am kind of sorry that I had to stop (things were drying up and the poor kid was starving), because it was the last thing that only I could do for him, but I am sure I will get over that soon enough. I have tried him on Farex a couple of times but doesn't seem to be interested in it, just wants to have the spoon and chew on it, along with anything else that gets close enough.

Drew is sleeping like a champion during the night and catnapping during the day which can get frustrating but I figure he is happy dont fight him.

Drew and I are part of a mothers group and have been since he was a month old. There are 6 of us all together and we really enjoy it. Everyone has only one baby and we are all around the same age, as are the babies. I have also starting to work from home which I am finding hard to do but am determined to stick with it because I dont want to go back to normal work.

I will go back and try to do some catching up from everyone, going to be near impossible but I do get the vibe that everyone is happy and doing well. Mum is going to take some photos of Drew tomorrow and I will put some new pictures on my website (will post when it is done).

I will be back online tomorrow night to check the goings on. Miss you all heaps!!

xx Leanne

YAYYY Leanne!

Now that I remember, I DID get a message on my mobile message bank but I have no credit so I haven't been able to pick it up! *embarassed look* No worries, in the end it was only Christy & I with our two girls so hopefully next time we can get a bigger crew to the meet-up.

Glad to hear Drew is doing so well!

Better run as Maddy is asleep on her tummy on our bed so I'd better head off to bed. My driving lesson is now 7:30am instead of 6pm so I need a good night's sleep.

Take care ladies!

Hey Leanne! We miss you!!!! Im so glad Drew is doind well! I want to see pics! Sounds like he has Abby sleep schedule! Days can be trying, but better days than nights!

Beck I would be careful with MAddy on your bed...Abby used to take naps on ours but now that she rolls and skooches around everywhere I am scared she will roll off! Just a thought! Regarding working part time from home, I wish! I did bring that up before I left that job, and they told me it was impossible because of security reasons! Oh well, maybe it just isnt meant to be! I'm feeling bettter and better about my decision, especially when Abby does something new and I am here to see it!

You all have a great day!!!

Thanks Sarajo! If I put her to bed on her tummy in the middle of the bed, she goes out like a light. She doesn't tend to roll around unless she's either wide awake or I put her down on her back. Regardless, I put pillows down so that she can't roll over the side.

Regardless, it's the first time I've ever left her there on her own for a few minutes; as I'm usually in bed with her. *L* Thanks for the suggestion/reminder though!

Hi LEANNE!!! Welcome back, wish it was for longer than the weekend though!! Glad to hear that Drew is doing so well, can't wait to see some pics!! Good that you're in a mothers group, I am just loving mine. I find that when im not on belly belly Im emailing my mums!! It means I now always have a full inbox!!
    I haven't had the prob of Coco rolling around yet as she's still wrapped and in a snuggle bed!! Dreading moving her out! Mind you I co--slept with Tilly until she was 8 months. It was no prob, had the mothers instinct and it worked well for us as I could just roll over and feed instead of getting up each time she woke.
    Gotta run, getting ready for real estate. I am so over it, but it's a good way to ensure we have a weekly clean up! xoxoxoox

Sorry Ambah, I'm a defiantly guilty as well…

Hi Ladies,
    Have been flat out with Birthdays, Visitors, Mother’s group and with DH (Ben home) arrrrhhh…
    No one properly wants to hear but Jett is doing well sleeping now from 7:30pm till 7:30am normally. I put him in his walker for the first time yesterday and he just loves it, he is the king and going backwards..
    Feeding him in it is proving to be difficult. Sweet potato is going down a treat; he is like a little bird waiting with his gob open..

Meg – You poor thing, have heard that mastitis is not pleasant but it sounds like you are doing a good job coping with it. I don’t know what tips I can give you cause Jett was the same; I just wrap him and leave him.
    I cut everything out until I got him back to sleeping right, no solids, no routine. It is even harder for you cause you have Tilly so you have a busy life.
    I really really hope things get better for you, I was a wreck when Jett was doing this…
    Remember you are a fantastic Mummy and you are doing an excellent job and she is such a cutie…

Becka – Hope you had al blast at ice-skating, I myself have never done it and if I did I think I would be on the ice most of the time.
    Love the new ticker, I have to up date Jett’s picture.
    Builder’s arrrh, or should I say men!!!!
    That is the reason I put a sign on my door, my friends all ignore it and text me first but no one else ever rings or knocks it is great. It just says baby sleeping please don’t knock or ring doorbell, leave a note or come back later….
    A little rude but all my family and friends ignore it so it works for me..

Sarajo – I have never said but if Jett was a girl he was going to be Abby, I am an NCIS fan and I like Abby of that show, weird hey.
    I haven’t seen a picture of the newest ear pieced girl, but I am sure she looks gorgeous.
    We are blessed to have such good-looking kids; we with all of us being undiscovered super models and all… hehehe
    Go Abby, Jett is sitting up but don’t think he will ever roll, which is bad and good at the same time..
    I am hearing you love about the work thing, we need the cash but arrrh, like I have said below I would love to go back but I have to weight it up and NO!!!

Hi Leanne - I am Dani and have just tagged onto this group in the last month, I too would love to go back to work so I am with you on that one.
    Like Sarajo I too and happy when I see Jett do new stuff and think work, errh…
    But good on you…

Tiff – Hope you are going well you Super Mumma!!! Thanks for your support, hope to hear from you soon. I would love to see a picture of the twins…

Rach – Hope Hannah is doing well… I am getting over the surgery, my nice belly looks not so good nice with all the road map marks, C scar and now appendix, and bikini days are way over…

Kate, Christie, and Melly – hope all is going great for you all…

I must have broken a mirror, I have just found out that my cousin have been in a major accident and is on life support; unfortunately he isn’t looking like pulling through.
    He is the same age as me and I am just in oh I don’t understand???
    To make it worse he is an only child, my uncle and aunty don’t want any family to see them or him, again I don’t understand but I guess they just want to be alone.

Anyway sorry to leave on a bad note,
    Please take care everyone and give your babies and big kiss and hug…..

{{{{Dani}}}} Our prayers & throughts are with your cousin; we are hoping for a miracle and that he pulls through. Can't imagine how tough it must be on his parents; let alone the fact that he is an only child. It's horrible, especially when the world seems so unfair and unjust and it all makes no sense at all.

Good luck with the real estate Meg...here's hoping someone has moved interstate recently and sees your unit and wants it badly! Real Estate is often just about timing and luck isn't it?

Well nothing interesting to report from here. Was up at 6:30am (yucko on a Saturday morning) because Maddy was a wriggle-pot and also because my driving lesson was at 7:30am. Was fantastic as there weren't all that many people on the road, but the sun was in an awfully irritating/distracting position in the sky. Took me a little while to get used of his car (aside from the indicators being on the right, instead of the European right like our Astra) but I did ok I think. He seemed relatively happy with me, next lesson is on Friday lunchtime. I'm hoping I'll only need another 4-6 lessons before i can sit my exam. The sooner I can get my licence the better - I feel so tied down at home, especially as the public transport is so far from my house too.

Well better fly, Maddy is in her pram and should be in bed but we just got back from having brunch at the local shops.

Take care ladies! I'll be back in later to hear more of Leanne's adventures whilst she's been away from Belly Belly.

(P.S - Please send the sleep fairy my way Danni - I don't think Jett needs her sleep dust anymore)

Yes Dani, our thoughts and prayers are with your cousin. Becks right, there's too much horrible stuff in the world.
    I just took Coco down to my mums and sisters for a big photo session with her cousin Zara!! Hoping the photos turn out well, they're on my SLR. We dressed them in their christening gear again as there just weren't any good ones of the two girls together on the day!!
    We're off to the inlaws for an arvo tea for Tims bday, so better go get ready.
    have a good one all and Leanne looking forward to hearing more from you!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast