Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #8

Hey All,
    What is with the BB time??? I wonder is it wrong???
    Anyway, Yes Meg I have given Jett a rusk and he likes them cause he can now work out how to get it in his mouth, I normally give it to him when he is feral/grumpy cause it takes his mind off it...
    I tried him on the sippy cup he wasn't to keen on it, he is holding his own ottles now so I might just keep with that for this month.
    Not good news about the girls not sleeping, ever since I have come back from the hospital Jett has been going down at about 8pm and getting up about 7am, not to sure why he is being so good but I am sure he will try a curve ball and start waking again.
    The only thing that I have done is to wrap him in a cot sheet and put a toy in with him.
    Not to sure why my DH Ben is home from work helping me as he is still having a sleep in now...
    Men!!!!

Rach, I can't really go back to Irish dancing until I get my licence. I probably only need a handful of lessons (going to book my first one for Friday this week), so I'm aiming for 8wks from now. Otherwise, it's too much to expect my DH to come home from work, turn around and drive me 20mins to dancing and watch Maddy before coming to pick me up 2hrs later.

Your Mother's Day sounds like it went well...it truly was very trippy finally being a Mommy wasn't it?!

With regards to DH & the job. Well, they've postponed giving him a decision for the 2nd day in a row so DH has got the message that they're just trying to stall for time. They took 2 WEEKS last time to agree to giving him the $5,000 pay rise he needed and that was just taking his pay from the probationary $30,000 they originally gave him. When he did the 3 months probation they then offered him a $2,000 pay rise. I was so insulted for him!

Dani, with regards to the time on the BB pages. You need to alter your time zone which is in your settings in your 'user profile' at the top of the page. HTHs!

Hey Becka,
    That would be hard having no wheels to get around, hopefully you pass with flying colors when you get tested, I pray you do
    Second time for soilds and all is good, I will give another round of them again tonight.
    I try to avoid a late night as much as I can, gone are the days when you could have a few wines and sleep them off till the mid morning, now I just opt to have on on Thursday arvo when our mother's group gets together, we all enjoy the thursday arvo glass, some have more but I just stick to the one...
    Lets hope all of the buba's have a good sleep today and tonight for us,
    I am not sure if I have told you about this sleep/cry thing the hospital gave me, it is just a table that you keep track of sleeping/eating and crying let me know and I can email you one it is helping me see a pattern emerging...

Firstly beck, sorry about DH's job, hope it all turns out well. mind you, sounds like my DH, it was a better option for him to leave the last job, and even though we had 8 tough weeks (and still suffering from that) he has a better job now with far greater prospects.
    Rach, the wedding was lovely. Too many red wines for me too. Just luckily I had double the amount of water, so wasnt' too bad. It was the wedding of an old school friend of mine, and it was very romantic and lovely.
    Damn rubbish truck just picked up bottles, gaurantee Coco is awake. She's had 1.5 hours though.
    gotta run, going to lunch wiht DH today for his b'day. MIL is coming over here first so better get house in order xoxo
    Will write out teh routine and send it to whoever is interested. i will only follow it loosely but it's interesting. xo

Thanks Shannon, Rach & Meg for your help! I thought it was ok, but I wasnt sure so thankyou. I guess what I wont be doing is increasing Jasmines milk intake at this stage and therefore the solids would make up for that.

I have no idea how come I was awake last night LOL I think going out on the weekend might have stuffed up my bodyclock. I dont drink alcohol ever but on Saturday night I had 2 glasses of champagne so maybe that shook up my body or something!! Im actually ok though, got up at 10am and I feel fairly awake!

I just booked Jasmine in to get her photos done at Bubsincharacter! Im very excited. They said to give her a couple of extra weeks because at her age they prefer for her to be sitting up. She can kind of sit up on her own, but give her about 30 seconds and she is falling over, either sideways or forwards. She just gets distracted LOL! Anyway thats very exciting for me, I cant wait.

Beck, sorry about DH's job. Some companies just dont know what theyve got and then they wonder why they cant keep good staff and their turnover is so high? Good Luck with getting your licence! Thats great you will be getting back into your dancing. The picture of you that I always have in my head is the one where you were in your dancing costume and you were mid-air. (About 2 metres off the ground too!!!) Looks like alot of fun!

ChristieWhat a bummer about the house. Having people through all the time must be awful. On the bright side, atleast the interest rates went up, so it probably wont be sold too quickly LOL! Sounds like you had a great mothers day! A bamix is a really good idea to have when it comes to mixing up solids for Owen too!

Rach YAY for Hannah being a bit catnapper! I know what you mean about the not helpful MCHN's. I have had to change the place where I go altogether because they put Miss "I have no kids but I know everything " incharge at the one I used to take Jasmine to, so Im going to the new one this week.

MegHow is Tims new job going? Love your new ticker now I can see gorgeous Coco!! I give Jasmine rusks. She loves them and she holds them herself and even though at first she didnt make much mess with them, now she is forever pulling bits off with her teeth ( I think she has realised now what teeth do). Usually what I do is when it starts to go soft, I give her another one. I just position them in her hand so most of it is in her palm or down the bottom of her hand because when she gets too much at the top she sticks it in her throat and is not impressed!

Dani WOW they sure did get you home early! Im glad your DH is there to help you out, even though he may think its a bit of a holiday where he can sleep in!!! Id be waking him up and reminding him if I was you. You just had an operation where they took out part of your body! I hope you recover very fast. Ive had my appendix out and its not nice. I was too scared to laugh or cough or sneeze for a few weeks thinking my side was going to just burst open LOL!

Sarajo, Tiggy, Clare & Melly Hope you are all well and so are all of your little ones!

Have a great day everyone. Im off to go and checkout some highchairs. I am not going to buy one, Im only going to look, I promise....... maybe lol

tiggy Guest

Kate,
    Ivy and Noah had their newborn photos taken at Bubsincharacter and I love them. You will be so pleased!
    I'm planning on having another lot done for my birthday, in September. Hopefully Ivy and Noah will be sitting up by then.

I am VERY picky about photos and I can honestly say I was vewry happy.
    Good Luck and would LOVE to see them when you get them back!

Hi guys just jumped on quickly to read our old posts...

Will catch up with you guys later..

Grrr....Maddy will not sleep and she keeps crying. Wonder if her teeth are hurting her....better go, we've escalated to bright pink screaming fit!

Just came back from Yum Cha!! Was sooo delicious. Went with MIL, BIL and DH and of course Coco. She was entertained the entire time with a rusk!! She just loved it. She had bits all over her face. It's a winner and think I'll be getting them out more often!! She then polished off her bottle of prune juice! She had a great time!
    Kate, Tim is enjoying his job!! haven't reallly had heaps of time to talk to him as he's always at uni or doing uni work, so not sure if he's goingto achieve any commission, but he seems to like itmore than the other job!! It's a good company and nice that his bro works there too!
    MIL is going to Davinci code on thurs night, her church is buying out the session. Anyway she asked tim and I and I said thanks but its at 6.30pm, peak hour. Anyway Tim says sure and I was sooo annoyed. He has uni monday and tuesday nights and works late wednesday. I have organised to make him b'day dinner and have my bro over, AND I have two children who both go insane after 5pm!! (only as of last few days Coco will just not be happy on her own. I have to be with her and it's driving me nuts). So feeding, bath making dinners etc is really hard without him and Im looking forward to having him help on thurs. Honestly so inconsiderate. I'd probably feel a bit different if he got me a MOTHERS DAY PRESENT!! I just hate feeling unappreciated. He does not acknowledge how hard it is for me at the moment.
    Anyway, enough whinge. I've already posted a whinge in the boo hoo section!
    will stop boring you all now! xxoox

Hey Beck hope Maddy went down for you!!!!

Kate cant what to see the photos of Jasmine oncee they are done!!! We just bought a stroller on the weekend and a baby swing (which i have to say is way too cool.) So the next buy is a highchair, let us know if you get one..

Tiggy, how are you there?? hope everything is going well for you!!!

Danni MEN!!!!(need i say anymore)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meg, good to hear Yum Cha was yummy!!!Yay to hear that Coco loved the rusk. when we are out Hannah is such a little social butterful!!Have you read the book yet? I hear what you are saying about needing help and support at that hour of the night. I find it full on and plus you have Tilly as well. I find at the end of the day i just need a little bit of a break (even its just to cook dinner)

I am so very sorry if i have missed people....

Ok...*pulls up a seat*

We have a builder coming over in 2 hours to give us a quote on how much to turn the double garage into a granny flat. The P-I-Ls want to come home every so often so they're paying to have it built in so that they can have us stay on in their house. That way they're not stuck in one spot, but still have somewhere to stay when they do come home.

Pretty pleased with myself...despite the fact that Maddy has NOT gone down for a nap today (she's going to be such a terror tonight I can tell but we've had two screaming fits so I've just gotten her up and left her in her pram with her toys)...have hung out a 2nd load of wash, folded yesterday's wash, went through all of Maddy's clothes and put together a selection of her 000 clothing for sale on Ebay, put the sweet potato & spinach frittata for dinner in the oven (recipe from the BB recipe section), answered a phone call from John when his computer at work blew up - he lost 2 full days worth of work and needed me to allow the connection to his home computer so he could FTP his documents across; and sorted the mail.

Didn't get to do my whole 10kms on the exercise bike today as Maddy won't sleep, but I did sneak in 5kms (will do the other 5kms tonight) and eat a sandwich. Scared if I sit down I won't get up! *LOL*

Meg - MMMMMM...very jealous of your Yum Cha lunch! Hope DH is having a fantastic birthday but he's very naughty for not giving you a Mother's Day present! Glad to hear about Coco though...prune juice & her teething rusk, she probably thought it was party time!

Rach - how is Hannah doing? Did she have any reaction to the needles last week? Hope she's doing well!

Hey Beck that sounds wonderful!! Are you wrapped about being able to stay in the house. You will have to keep us up to date with what’s happening!!!
    Beck takes it easy!! Where did you find all that energy, please pass it down to me!! Na I must admit I have got heaps done the last couple of days!! Good on ya for doing 10km on the bike Beck!!!

Beck Hannah was a little unsettled for a couple of days but nothing like the first ones! Thank god!! I have been keeping a diary lately of all of Hannah’s feeds and I could see a pattern forming. Hannah was waking at 12.00 and 3.00 for a feed every night. When Hannah woke up at 12.00 I resettled her (it took 15 minutes) and then she woke up 7.15 so tonight I will try that again.
    Beck do you live anywhere near Bellbowrie??

Bellbowrie is about 20mins from my house I understand. Why's that Rach?

Good to hear that Hannah is doing well after the needles...WTG on the resettling routine last night. Will have to try that myself, although its hard to be so disciplined when its easier on a tired Mummy just to pop her on the boob.

Just finished my 10kms so I can relax when John gets home. Im finding I have much more energy now that I am eating relatively healthy & exercising daily.

Man, Maddy is driving me insane. She is so clingy today! I just ran my finger over her gums and there are still no toothy pegs but she howled. Now I feel like a bad Mummy!

I am coming up to queensland in august, we are staying in the Gold Coast for 5 days and then catching up with a friend who lives in bellbowrie, so maybe we can catch up while i am there!!

AH beck i am with you there It is so much easier to put on the breast but i really want to shake this habit, she is waking for total comfort!!

sorry hannah is chucking a fit!!!

tiggy Guest

Hi girls,

Bec, sorry to hear that you and Maddy are having a bad day. to you. Hope tomorrow is better.
    Hi Rach, thanks for asking after us;
    Sadly I am weaning Ivy...or should I say she is weaning herself. I'm so sad but I want to do what is best for her.
    Noah has started on solids after alot of umming and arring over the premmie thing (being only 3.5 months corrected) but he is cutting back on his formula and has been watching us eat all the time.
    I tried him with farex and he hasn't looked back. He's had banana and farex for the last three days.
    Me, I have a touch of PND. Have had it with all of my babies, so know the drill.

to everyone else.

Hi Tiff/Girlz,
    I am glad(not glad) that you know about PND, I have been put on medication after speaking with the PND social worker at my hospital,It has been 5mths since baby Jett has came into this world and I look back now and think maybe I should have spoke to the PND worker sooner, I only started taking my medication last tuesday so it is going to take a few weeks to kick in..
    Tiff does it get easier???
    Sometimes it feels that the whole world is on your shoudlers then other days it is fantastic...
    Don't get me wrong I wouldn't change things for all the tea in china..
    But...
    Anyway, bad sleeping day for Jett today!!!
    Tomorrow can only get better...

tiggy Guest

Hi Dani,
    It does get easier. It will take a while and there will be many ups and downs...days when you feel you can't cope, days when you feel inadequate as a mother and as a wife. You are right, you would never change having your beautiful baby but some days just feel so hard. I think with my others (and with these guys) it kicked in around the 5 month mark. With the big twins, it took a while to get on top of it, firstly because I didn't admit to anyone that I wasn't coping,secondly because I didn't really know that what I was feeling was PND. I was horrified with the feelings that I had, especailly when I really wanted my babies. I think I started feeling better when the girls were about twelve months. With Lily, I knew those feelings were starting up again and so I chose to take an antidepressant. I cruised through until she was about nine months, when I decided I wanted to stop the medication. THere were still days where I felt really bad, sad, even suicidal but it felt easier by the time Lily was 1 year old. Parenthood is so hard, Dani. If it's one thing I learnt, it's that you have to be kind to yourself. One midwife said to me that the day you become a Mum, it's like someone hangs a big "G" for guilt around your neck. It is so true, that motherguilt can just bowl you over some days.
    The medication will help you to find a balance. I've done PND with and without medication. At the moment, I'm trying to go without, trying to work through my feelings...I'll let you know how things go with that. Alot of it for me is about losing myself. About being so busy you are run off your feet but the routine is so...repetitive. Somedays, I feel very overwhelmed
    Let me know how you are going. The best thing is talking about your feelings with others and knowing that you are not going it alone. 1 in 8 women in Australia have PND in some form.
    Take care hun, I'll talk to you anytime you want. You are definately not in this alone.

Thanks Tiff,
    I am taking a mild medication, all of those things that you described is exactly how I was feeling, I am so happy that I can chat to you as non of my mother's group mummy's have experienced it,
    Anyway have a good night all
    Off to watch All Saints
    BYE

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast