Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2006 #2

Hey girls!
    Well, what a fantastic weekend! Spent Saturday arvo with my bro & SIL and their kids, SIL took Natty and let me just cruise the afternoon away. Then we drove to our spot on the water where we stayed with my parents. Nat slept beautifully, waking only once in the night. Sunday was my aunt's 60th. Relos everywhere, which shouldn't be relaxing, LOL, but people took Natalie and cuddled her and loved her even though she cried a fair bit. Had another great sleep on Sunday night. Monday we went to a national park, spent the day there having one endless picnic, lol. I was really tired for some reason (probably having caught up on too much rest! ) so Nat and I slept in the car (with the windows down - don't stress!) for two hours in the afternoon. Then drove home and another great night's sleep last night. I feel great!
    After talking to SIL and mum and dad, we reckon Natalie is getting tummy pains. Even after a beautiful night's sleep she's screaming and arching her back after being awake only one hour. We're going to try some gripe water and see if that relieves her a bit.
    Welcome Lindsay!
    Shez, sorry to hear you and Issy had a bad night. Is she (are you) doing better now?
    My doctor didn't do the referral right for Tressillian so we are in for more of a wait. My mental health is much better now, so it's not quite so urgent!
    Have a great day, everyone.

Snacks, so glad to hear you had a wonderful weekend. You certainly deserved it!! It's great sometimes just to have someone take them off your hands for a bit isn't it!! I love showing Issy off to the rellies.

Unfortunately Issy and I didn't have a good night last night either, and she has had some blood streaked mucous in her poo so I am off to the Dr thomorrow just to have her checked out. I ended up having to get Mum here today so I could get some sleep. Have the worst headache, hopefully tonight will be better.

Charly's Mum, it's just so hard isn't it. I wish she could just tell me what's up, I hate not being able to fix whatever is bothering her.

Here's to a good night for all

Oh, so sorry to hear that Issy's not well, Shez. You poor thing, you must be so tired. I do hope you have a better night tonight and that you go ok at the docs tomorrow - hopefully they can help you work out what's up.

How are you going, Shez? How is Issy? Thinking of you.

Hi everyone!

How's Izzy?? I've heard its not a good sign when you see blood in their poo, I really hope she is okay...

Snacks; what a wonderful weekend you had!! Good on you!! We are going away for a couple of nights near the end of the month to see my sister, I'm really looking forward to it, but I sort of wonder how Maya will be sleeping away from home for the first time. By the sound of all you guys, that have been away, seems the little ones like a different bed!

Well I have been checking for Maya's teeth and by some of your descriptions Maya hasnt got red gums or white, but she is drooling heaps and her fingers are constantly in her mouth. On her top gums I can see the outline of teeth but no white, its looks like they are sitting up there ready to come down, is this right or just the shape of her gum???

Maya is picking up her toys a lot and starting to put them in her mouth too. She can put her dummy in her mouth by herself, with a few go's at a time.

Hope everyone has a great Easter, Happy first Easter to all the December Bubbies!!!!

Thanks for the concern girls, it's great to have your support. The blood streaked mucous had gone before we even got to the dr and she checked her out and said just one of those things. Possibly straining.
    Our nights have improved too. I have managed to get Issy to sleep in the cot again which is great.

Hope everyone has a great easter.

Thats good news Shez. Glad she's getting through it, whatever it was, and settling better for you. Hey, did you find Issy took to the other type of bottle? I just tried getting Nat to have a bottle before bed and she wouldn't have it! She just screamed until I breastfed her. It may be because I have been giving her gripe water yesterday and today (which she HATES, but she's had two-hour naps both yesterday and today, so I wonder if it's working...?) and I've been giving her that by syringe... Its a pain because SIL offered to babysit this week on my birthday so that Dave and I could go out. I said, "Sure, Natalie takes a bottle, no worries." Have you tried the Tommee Tippee ones? If so, did Issy drink from them? I'm wondering if its worth buying different ones or not...
    Wow Chantal, cool that Maya can put her own dummy in. Natalie's still not grabbing onto things yet, though her hands are always in her mouth too.
    Yup, Nat had no probs in the port a cot. I think she also slept beautifully because she was exhausted at the end of each busy day... I'm sure Maya will do really well.
    Yeah, hope you all have a blessed Easter. Enjoy. Don't eat too much choccie

Snacks we haven't tried it yet!! She has been happy to wait til I've goten home from things to feed. I was talking to a friend the other day whose son wouldn't take a bottle (he's 1 now) and she got him to take a tommee tippe siper cup. I have bought one of those just in case too!! Thank goodness for targt sales!! It's a 3 month one, bottle to cup trainer it's called or some thing like that.

Hmm, I've been given a couple of Avent sippy cups. Thought I had to wait a few months before using those... Maybe I'll give them a try. Mind you, I might give the gripe water a break for a couple of days and see if she forgets how nasty it is, then she might let me stick things other than boobs into her mouth! Thanks.

Haven't tried it yet, Lindsay. Not sure if I will bother at this stage. Does Laila not like bottles either? It makes it difficult, hey.
    Well, we're planning on moving Natalie into a cot. Set it up the other day and I'm airing the mattress in the sun right now. Thinking I might start her in there for day sleeps at first. Have you guys moved babies into cots yet?

Snacks; yep, put Maya in her big cot about a week ago now. She slept like a baby! hehe

I think she just loved the room she suddenly got (not hitting her hands or arms on the sides) and the mattress would feel more comfy too than the bassinet one. Let me know how you go with Natalie, I would just put her straight in for all sleeps, maybe have the bassinet still made up in case she does get a bit upset during the night.

I didn't know you could use training cups on 4mth olds either!! Thats exciting, something new to try with her!! I bought some baby rice the other day, its 4mths +, made the teaspoon up but Maya just spat it out or just let it sit on her lip, quite funny. My SIL said to try it again in a couple of days and each time she will work out the swallowing part

We got the 'Brainy Baby Left and Right Brain' DVD's yesterday. Maya absolutely loves them!! She gabbles away and smiles, even starting a small laugh, while watching them. Keeps her entertained for a while. She just gives a whinge when she has had enough, brain overload I reckon. It comes with a free classical music CD as well, which helps her sleep, One of the BEST things I have bought for her, I recommend!

Catchya all round!

Glad to hear Izzy in ok now, that would have give me a scare.

Snacks I give Charly a bottle occasionally, will need to do it more regular I use the Tommee Tippee, I trick her if she won't take it I give her some boob then take her off an put the bottle in and it works. On the cot Charly has been in hers since about 2 months she kept hitting the sides in the bassinet. At first I put her in there during the day to get her used it then gradually but her in at night.

Gave Charly some baby rice the week she turned 4 months when she would not settle and I had no BF left, sleep from 7 to 4 in morning then feed and back to sleep till 8.30. She had no problem taking it and I couldn't give it to her fast enough. Still not giving it to her unless no other option and still hungry. Trying to hold off till at least five months.

Thinking of starting swimming lessons for Charly, depends on the heating of the pool. We have a pool so I would feel better if she could swim.

Hope every one had a great Easter

I have heard about swimming lessons for little babies! We don't have a pool, and I hardly ever swim, so I probably wouldn't bother but I've heard they can teach your baby to float from a really early age. It's fascinating...
    Well, gave Nat a go in the cot today and tbh I didn't notice a change in how she slept... We'll see how she goes tonight I guess!
    The DVDs sound good, Chon.

Hey Lauren, I hope you and Noah are doing ok...

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

did Miss Natalie tell you a special mummy is having a birthday today

Hi Shez Issy is gorgeous -hope all is okay

Hey everyone sorry I've been mia. So busy around here (thanks for asking btw Amy).
    We're both good, surgery all went well. Noah had his 4 mth check yesterday. The beast weighs 8.054kg & was 70cm long! He's way off the charts for length. Found out he has "pre-eczema" which is why his skin has been looking so yucky.
    Going this afternoon for 4 mth needles, wish us luck!
    Hope everyone is well. I'll try to get on more!

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Trish thanx, we are doing great.

LOL Trish - you're everywhere!!! Thanks for being so lovely
    Thanks Shez. Had a lovely day.
    Great to hear from you Lauren. Glad the surgery went ok and Noah is growing so well. All the best for the yukky needles.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast