Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2006 #8

Default Babies Born December 2006 #8

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in December 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your old thread can be found here

Last edited by Trillian; May 18th, 2008 at 11:18 AM.

Yeah I'm first!!!

LOL Shez, you get in trouble for things like that these days!
    How are you going?
    Natty is starting to stand on her own for 30 seconds or more... Then she remembers herself and sits down hard on her bum

Amy ooppss!! Oh how cute!! It's funny how they do things without thinking and then think oh I can't do that!! We are back from our trip. Issy slept the whole way home on the plane... Our bathroom is no longer!! Our reno started today.
    How was everyones long weekend?

Ooooh, renos! How exciting!
    Glad Issy was a little champ on the plane. That's awesome.
    We had a lovely long weekend. Just caught up with people. Yesterday we drove down the coast to visit friends (she is a member on here, actually!). It was her 30th and so they had a party... And their baby was only 11 days old! I take my hat off to them, it was a lovely day and great to meet their tiny, gorgeous baby boy.

Hi everyone, hope you are all well!

Lovely to hear some of you have had some time away, I'm about due for that but have to wait for DP's holidays.

Maya has been officially walking everywhere since Saturday. I can finally put her in dresses Its so great to not have dirty hands and knees!

She is enjoying music more now, I catch her tapping her hand or doing a little jig when she hears something she enjoys, so cute!

Hope to hear from some of you soon

Hey there. Hooray for Maya!
    I'm mean and I put Natty in dresses anyway, LOL! Gorgeous about the dancing! How lovely.
    Well, I had my first two days of work and my course yesterday and the day before... and I'm KNACKERED!
    Oh, crap. Natty's awake. I was supposed to clean the bathrooms while she was asleep! Ah, it'll keep

DD took her 1st step tonight from the coffee table to the couch!!!! She has also learnt how to climb on the coffee table the little monkey..she pulls out one of the draws, hops in it and climbs up!

Amy- I bet you are!!! Im thinking of doing a course while im at home, thats what im looking at now.

DD always sways & claps when she hears music its very cute!!!

Amy congrats on the job, you will get use to it and it want be so tiring. I'm only starting to get back into the swing of it now.

Great to hear they are starting to walking.

Charly went back to swimming classes today, she has grown so much in the 6 weeks off plus she is now walking every where.

She has got the habit of grabbing hold of your shoulder or shirt and trying to get you to stand up and take her where she wants to go. Try putting her down and the legs come up, and the complaining starts. She diffently need to learn some more words.

Giving lots of kisses and cuddles, so cute the other day she was saying bye to DH and giving him a kiss then turns and grabs my shoulder and push me towards DH so I would give him a kiss LOL.

Potty training was going well until she learnt how to get of the potty by herself. Now need to look into getting one of the seats for the toilet.

Well I should be going have a birthday party to get to.

Congrats on the first step, Laila! Whoopee!
    Yeah, I'm sure I'll get used to working again eventually... But in the mean time I am such a biatch to live with! Honestly, I don't even know why I'm pi$$sed off at DH, but I am... All the time, LOL.
    I hear you on the complaining, Charlysmum. I'd love for Natalie to be able to speak. I hear her do her wingey cry and I can't stop myself from demanding, 'well, what's wrong this time?!'
    GL with the TT, Charlysmum! I think I'm going to wait a while longer before we tackle that one

Everyone is very quiet... It's hard to find the time to get on here isn't it!! Nothing really new to report. Just popping in..
    Love to all

Hi

yes, I think as our bubs are getting older we are becoming busier....lol

All is good here, Maya becoming more a little girl everyday More to hug now, its lovely. Went for a short walk yesterday with her holding my hand, she got a real kick out of it, she even negotiated steps and obstacles really well.

Hope all is well with everyone
    Luv
    Chantal

Hello sexy mummas,

Im sorry I havnt been in awhile...

Laila is now walking, she just decided last night to walk from on end of the loungeroom to the other & today she was outside and just walked around. Its so cute to watch, she gets the wobbles abit but then gets her balance again. Everytime she stops walking she claps LOL.

Well waiting on my Finance course stuff to turn up so i can start that..will be a busy mumma then.

Wow it is quite in here.

Charly is having a nap been an hour now so expected to hear her cry any minute.

Know what you mean Chon so cute when they walk around themselves and grab your hand to show you something or just to be a support.

Yep hear Charly now.

Talking

wow, it is quiet

Hope your work isnt keeping you away Amy....lol

Hope all is alright with everyone, thought I would pop in and announce its my Birthday today.....LOL Seeking free birthday wishes....lol.....missing my Nan heaps as its my first birthday since she passed away :-( so not feeling on the best of highs.

I am taking Maya to one of those playhouse places today with our bubs and Mums group, also some family coming along to watch Maya play, really looking forward to how she interacts in a place like that, should be a ball!!!

Catch up soon with all you I hope, love to hear how those beautiful bubs are

Luv
    'another year older'
    Chantal

Happy Birthday, Chantal!

Sorry I haven't been around much. Life is pretty busy, and I pop onto BB when I get half a minute, but it is never like the old sessions I used to have!
    There's a lot of study to do for my course, and that's the biggest time-taker atm.
    Sounds like everyone's doing well! Congratulations Laila on the walking!
    Have fun at the playhouse today, Chon. I'm sure Maya will LOVE it. Take lots of pics - those ball pits are fantastic for colourful shots
    This morning I was cuddling Natty goodbye and she was really cross because she wanted to be with her Daddy instead! How quickly things change... I'm no longer the favourite

HI everyone.. Belated birthday wishes Chantal!! I am good. Issy is so cute with the pointing and the talking!! I have to work at 645 tomorrow(today!!) and I am up because my reflux is so bad I cant lay down!!
    Linds are u finding out flawour? When is our scan??
    Love to all

Oh Shez, you must have been so exhausted! Do rennies work for you? They are kind of like eating chalk But I found them helpful.
    Hope everyone is well. We're doing well here, though always so jolly busy. Still no walking/talking/anything much from Natty, but she's getting there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast