Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #11

hi everyone,

sorry, don't have time for personals, but hope everyone had a great easter (those who celebrate) and those who don't a great long weekend! (ours is in 4 weeks!).

we are well! Chrissie has grown so much and is loving her gro bag!! she has slept a lot better with it! she is still fighting her day sleeps! but slept for 9 hrs last night!! Thursday we has MCHN so we'll see just how much she has grown! she sure feels heavy! she's laughing and giggling lots! she's so cute, i could just eat her!! i think we'll be starting to move to 00 in the next week!!! my little baby is growing up!! 3 months old already!

ohh teething... yes definitely!! her gums are white in spots and lots of drool and fist action! poor darling!
    hope everyone is well!

xxx

I have a feeling teething has started here as well.. or maybe her teeth are just moving..

Drool and lots of unsettledness..

aaaahh teething - i hate that word!
    Ash has 2 teeth coming up at the bottom poor thing naws everything he can get his hands onto. And the drool i could catch with a bucket! i LOVE panadol tho!! hehe

Hi Everyone. Last night Monique couldn't get enough milk from me and was very grizzly so I had to thaw out some EBM for her and she drank 80mls. This is the first time that she has demanded more and there was nothing more to give. I offered both boobs twice and they were very drained by the end. I feel sad that this has happened . Should I keep some formula in the house in case I don't have any EBM back up? My breasts are always full in the morning and she snacks throughout the day. I'm a bit worried that I won't have enough for her.

Also, is anyone elses hair falling out? I have quite a few strands falling out during the day but lots comes out after I wash it. I read that during pregnancy your hair doesn't tend to fall out and mine didn't so I wonder if it is playing catch up now.

ah so cut that MCHN apptm got canceled tomorrow! apparently they are short staffed and can't fit me in again until the April 7th WT?!?! I SO wanted to get her weighed etc!! i can't believe it!! i'm so sick of them here!! Have decided to buy my own scales... have DH looking on EBay for me! darn it!

Tinel - yeah mine is too! it's normal... but it's annoying!

My hair loss is ridiculous. was meant to get it cut Friday but we will be away so will cancel till next week now..

ah was going to catch up but the miss is demanding some mummy time..

Be on tonight

Sooo much hair being lost here. It is almost impossible to see the bathroom floor after I have finished brushing my hair!

Hi girls. Just a quicky to subscribe me to the thread more than anything!

Haroula - can you get Chrissie weighed at a chemist? I've stopped going to the MCHN a long time ago, but I haven't got around to going to the chemist yet either LOL. But the nurse I met at the chemist seemed really nice and is there on Wed & Fri mornings.. so I will pop in there one day!

Tinsel - at 3 months its very common for frequent feeding and the feeling that you're not keeping up with milk. This is the time to persevere and just keep putting her to the boob - she's demanding more milk from your boobs because she's growing - she won't starve whilst your boobs catch up. Kayla's been pulling on and off and fussing lately, making me sore actually, but I'm thinking it might be teeth related. I'm not sure when all her growth spurts are due, I get confused with her corrected age etc..

Kayla's lovely sleeping has gone by the wayside lately.. altho I think she may have teeth moving around (so much dribble it's incredible) and she's got the sniffles and a cute little cough at the moment (caught it from Tallon - he was quite sick - had his first ever temperatures!) so it's all disrupting her night sleeping I think. Hopefully she'll get back to giving me the occasional long stretch of sleep.

She rolled over the other day too. From her back onto her tummy. I came back into the room to hear muffled cries, she was face down on the play mat and none to pleased about it LOL! Tallon didn't roll until 7 months!

I lost touch with this thread a while ago - think I missed the new thread - I will try and keep up. Sorry girls

Hi

We are enjoying ourselves in Canberra, spent almost 3 hours in a covered playground today, Maria just didn't want to leave and well I had nothing better to do so we stayed and stayed and well stayed.

My hair is falling out at a ridiculous rate as well. Sofia is also teething but not rolling yet

Mirani is teething as well. lots of drool everywhere.
    rolling onto her side but hasnt quite rolled over yet.
    and getting very vocal about things when she wants too.

on the hairloss, i have to clean out my brush everyday. i litterally get handfuls of hair whenever i run my fingers through it and its only shoulder length!!
    very annoying and worrying.

ah my aching feet!!

Went shopping with mum today.. I got Olivias cot matress.. she is going in her cot on Tuesday next week after we get home. Off To Brisbane tomorrow home on Monday. worried about how the Miss will travel but we will survive. I will have ear plugs

Not much else to report. sorry for the selfish post... Will upload a couple new pics..

morgan78 Guest

Too tired/lazy to type much tonight....lovely pics Nic.
    Hope everyone is doing well...we're plodding along will catch up properly tomorrow - i hope

Thanks

Morgan where in QLD are you?

Hi Everyone,

Sounds like heaps of Mummies are lossing their hair...Well I am not lossing it but I do feel like pulling it out some days with my dear Sara!! Actually miss Sara has all of a sudden taken to going to the toilet without prompting!!! She even takes off and puts back on her undies/pants/skirt. She is also doing poos. Yeah I think we may be almost toilet trained...best not speak too loud tomorrow maybe different.

Sara has had high temps all day...bugger this means a long night for me. I have to monitor her carefully incase she has a convulsion.

Miss Loren is so funny atm. She giggles heaps and yells out for attention all the time. She is not rolling yet but is heading in that direction. So far she has slept through the night for 3 weeks now (except last night). Last night was her first night in her cot without the snuggle bed. She is just so long, I must get her weighed and height checked. I am sure she would be over 6kgs by now.

Nic - I hope you enjoy Brissy. It has been raining here today.

Me - I am starting to do 20mins on the treadmill every morning, and I am making my way through all the easter chocky. I need to loss 5kgs in the next 8weeks or so.

Best go, you are all well.

Grrr really crappy day here. Olivia is having trouble with her poos and has spent the day screaming. My poor baby, I hate seeing her in pain, it is so hard to watch. Yesterday I took her to the MCHN who gave her a sepository (sp?) and it worked a little but then today was awful again :-( We are giving her brown sugar water, rubbing her tummy, pumping her legs... any other ideas???

Oh yeah and while fixing our kitchen wall today my FIL put a hole right through the kitchen floor?!?!

Sorry for the selfishness - just feeling really worn out and crappy tonight. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. Sending sleepy vibes to all.

Bek: Its a shame I don't have more time. It would be great to organize a meet up.. Maybe next time...

Alicia: :hugs: I know how bad "poo days" can be.. Thankfully it has stopped here but I do now how bad they can be.. Other ideas are.. Warm bath.. and pumping her legs at the same time.. Lay her over your knees on her tummy applying a firm pressure there...

Hope your kitchen floor is easily fixed.. :hugs: hope tomorrow is better

Speaking of poos... did anyone find easter and all the chocolate upsetting there bubs? Ash was getting so good with his wind and as soon as i ate all the chocolate we were back at square 1 and he has been crying with farts all week i know chocolate is a no no food for wind but i completely forgot ....

hi everyone
    tinsel i agree with liz about letting your body adjust to the change of appetite. if you introduce formula that won't happen and you'll get dependent on it. i'd call the aust bf association for advice on getting through this moment and reassurance.

all is good here - olly is not too naughty anymore (or have i just adjusted my expectations?) - he occassionally goes psycho if he doesn't get want he wants immediately (ie yogurt before dinner) but i'm not giving in, i'm staying calm and repeating that i hear him and he can have it later, and when that doesn't work i'm calmly going about having my own dinner, inviting him to join me while i read thomas the tank engine. It so worked. he forgot all about screaming, ate while we read and then we calmly had yogurt. my hope is that he learns that tantrums are ineffective and that later really means later.

we are also way into the wiggles! i bought a wiggles doona set for olly and I'm bidding on various wiggles items on ebay. wake up to the big red car, put on the dvd at 6am and sing along all morning. we did poster painting outside.. who knew posterpaint doesn't come off house walls once its dry? i ebayed a baby beehinds nappy cover and its SO GOOD. what else can i buy? might even sell my baby byorn now that besa brick baby is ... well, too heavy.

x Lara

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast