Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #11

Default Babies Born December 2007 #11

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in December 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13

MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is HERE

morgan78 Guest

Just wanted to be first

and forgot to post before that Vicky had an u/s today and it has been confirmed that she has an inguinal hernia so will have to have surgery - will probably only be a day surgery but it sucks that is has to happen. Will be seeing Dr on Wed so will find out then when.

:hugs: for Victoria...

all good here.. Will be back more on Sunday..

but get this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Olivia rolled over!! Admittedly by complete accident but still.. she was in bed on her tummy and when i went to get her she was on her back

have an awesome Easter everyone..

Happy 1st Easter November/December/January Babies

morgan78 Guest

Olivia - clever girl

clever girl Olivia

Sofia is still getting better, but is still getting sick with the mucus (yuk tmi) etc, but just before she wanted a breastfeed but drank too quickly and vomited into my bra cup, no vomit anywhere else but there - eww

oh ewww icky icky eww eww Louise

Glad she is getting better though

Oh lovely Louise Don't you jsut love it. Abbey spewed down my top yesterday. Good to hear that Sophia is getting better. Hope you are enjoying your time away.

Nic, YAY for Olivia. All these clever bubba's rolling around. Abbey usually does it within 5 minutes of laying her down. She gets onto her belly but doesn't really like it there so cracks a wobbly until I roll her back over, only to do it all again a minute or 2 later

Morgan, hugs for you and Victoria Good luck for your appt hun.

I have been putting Abbey into her cot in her room of a daytime to get her used to it. Lastnight I put her in there at around 8pm, thinking she would be up before she was down for the night but she was still asleep in there when I was going to bed at midnight. I couldn't stand the thought of her being in that room all on her own so took her out and put her in her bed in my room. LOL. She woke at 4am for a feed and again just after 6.30 but is still asleep in there now. I wish I was, so very tired.

We had a lovely visit from Briggsy's Girl and Mr B yesterday. Was a nice day, shame Tehya and Noah put on their very best behaviour, NOT. They were both in full form, little turds. Thankfully they fell asleep early enough and we could have some decent conversation without me having to stop to yell at a kid. I bet they were thankful to go back to their appartment lastnight and to some peace and quiet.

My nephew's 1st birthday party today and it's raining. Can see my mum is going to be soooo impressed with people walking in and out of her house. Poor love.

Have a great day all and Happy Easter. Hope the bunny brings you loads of chocies.

for morgan and vicky, hope everything goes well for her.

Trish - i hear u about the cot.. lol i've almost given up on the cot but i know when ash gets bigger hes gonna have to get used to it.

Kitten - hoping sofia gets better with the vomits.. not nice

In case i dont get on tomorrow, happy easter everyone.. hope u all get lots of yummy chocolate... mmmmmmm yum!
    And happy 3 months to Ashie tomorrow YAY!

morgan78 Guest

Happy birthday (for tomorrow) Ash

Morgan - Poor Vicky.

I have been MIA lately mainly because we have been so busy. We went to Bundy last weekend to see my mum and introduce Loren to her. Sara had such a good time swimming at the beach, she is such a beach babe. She even came back with tan lines!!!!

Miss Loren is doing really well. She has settled into full formula feeding and has been sleeping through the night for 2 weeks now. Usually she goes down at 9.30pm and wakes at 6am. It looks like she is starting to roll and she just loves her hands atm. She is extremely vocal and constantly calls out for attention. Last night was her first full night in her cot. I got up every 2 hours to check on her and I guess I will probably do this for a while longer. Apart from feeling really down about not breastfeeding anymore I have been ok too.

Happy 3 months to Asher

I hope everyone has a great Easter.

morgan78 Guest

BekZ - Good to hear that you had a nice holiday. Sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit down i have PMed you

Trish - good luck with the cot Vicky is still in our room not going anywhere soon

Louise - that is so gross

And thank you to all for your hugs to Vicky

Off to raid the fridge for choc eggs before the 2 lovely males in my life wake up and eat them all

HAPPY EASTER mum's and Bubba's. I have 2 kiddies in the lounge raiding chocolate. Our easter bunny was nice though, the kids got a colouring think to do and a hula hoop. Too cute watching them try to do it. Noah is quite good, and DP is just plain hillarious.

Bek, sorry to hear you feeling down hun. Don't beat yourself up, you do what you have to do

Happy 3months to Asher.

Abbey seem's to sleep pretty good in her cot. Provided that is Tehya doesn't get in there with her !! We still struggle with very sleep out of her during the day. Poor bubba gets sooooooo tired but she will not go down. I know I have to start getting her to self settle, but I won't do it if she is crying. LOL. It's so damn hard too, to be just able to sit in there and pat her to sleep as Tehya comes in and talks way too loud always wanting something. Even if I give her THE look she pays me no mind. Brat.

Thankfully Abbey sleeps pretty good overnight. Why though am I still feeling buggared all the time. Best go, Tehya just spilt yet another drink. GRRRRRR.

yay for quick reply being back

Friend gone home.. loooooong week.. to tired to go into it. had good moments but some pretty bad moments. sigh!

Olivia has been pretty good.. no more rolls but then haven't had the chance to put her on the floor either.

Easter was good i suppose. hope everyone else is feeling well.. I am on my gazillionith easter egg and feel sick

BeK: :hugs: you just do whats best for you.. Glad Bundy was good. The beach has been pretty perfect here too. I am only 3 hours north of bundy. We are off to Bris next weekend

icky headache here now... going to bed shortly

morgan78 Guest

Nic i hear you on the sick feeling - i cant look at choc atm. Where is Bris will u be?

hi,
    hope everyone had a great easter.

well, Alisha turned 5 yesterday. she finally made it. and thankfully i didnt have to organise a party for her. she chose to have big presents instead. she chose a new bed with bratz fairy pixies on it, a matching book shelf and a new desk. all from target and even better on sale! it took DP most of yesterday to put everything together and then he took tia and alisha to see horton hears a who. and from what i've heard from them, 'it's really funny mummy'.

i just cant beleive that she's 5. i looked at her hand in mine the other day, and its just so big now. and soon she wont be holding it. she'll get too embarassed as kids get when they're growing up. ( remember the old 'drop me off round the corner'?) i think i'll probably cry when tia turns 7 in june.

mirani still hasnt rolled over as such yet. but i reckon within the next week, as she can roll onto her side but she's not quite there yet.

take care everyone.

Morgan: I think we are staying in the Kangaroo Point area. I will get names off Mum today. going to take mum down to see dying Relative! Are you in Bris? We will be doing our usual bus/train/ferry rides around Brisbane. Its been 3 years since I was there last . I am so looking forward to it apart from the rushed trip and the dying rellie or course (shes 87)

Michelle: Happy 5th Birthday Alisha!!!

Forgot to say last night, Isaac may have broken his foot. Thursday night we went to the beac for dinner and he jumped off a playground thingy and hurt his foot. He was limping a fair bit Friday so I took him to the Drs Saturday and he had an Xray done. Nothing was obvious on the Xray but will get the official radioligy report back Tuesday. It hasnt slowed him down any though unfort. Poor bugga is in pain by night time though. It is wrapped up and Dr wants it to remain wrapped till they know whats up...

Olivia slep 8 till 5 last night and looks like she is wanting bed again

Have a great Monday

Taking back my dance from yesterday.. wicked Olivia woke at 2 and finally went back at 5:30 for 20 mins *yawn*

I have a sore boob. I am worried it is the start of Mastitis or something. I am feeding her from that side . It is sore underneath and to the side..

Well not much else to report.. Waiting on Drs to call back to see if we need to go get Isaac plasterede yes I know how that sounds..

Smile

hey girls, long time no log on. i seem to have a constant sore back from lugging around my 7kg baby- how did he get so big so quickly? i call him my besa brick baby. he feels heavier than olly, who is 12kg but less like a sack of rice to lift. i think olly was 12.3 but he got a virus and spewed for 5 days. he still has'nt got his normal appetite back, even spitting out tempeh (his favorite).

mylo is awesome - laughing and talking and trying to dance/jump/do marial arts. he delights in providing spectacular exploding poos - but i'm prepared - cloth nappies and a new washing machine. he's also gumming everything and drooling like a drunk, so clearly teething has begun. oh dear, it doesn't stop for like a year or two.

i've had too much chocolate over easter - yes even for vegans theres too much easily available temptation around. i made demonic evil chocolate muffins last night as there was no food in the house except flour cocoa sugar pinapple and coffee, so what choice did i have? damn they are good- this recipe is a winner. needless to say, olly and i had a decadent breakfast this morning hehe.

hi to everyone...
    lara

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast