Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #11

I am exhausted. I have been cleaning out the girls clothes cupboards fot two days. Miss Loren is now fully out of 0000 and it looks like she'll be in 00 before to long. I have been fortunate to be the last of my friends having children so I have had heaps of clothes given to me. I really have too much. At last count Sara has 10 pair of Pumpkin Patch jeans. I think I might Ebay some stuff. Atm I have 4 piles, stuff to keep, Vinnies, donate to Playgroup fundraiser and Ebay.

Xtml - Miss Sara is behaving heaps better. I have gone back to basics and started to do activities at home with her, I have adjusted her diet to basic foods (no packet stuff)and I am staying home a lot more to get her back into a routine. I am also trying to teach her that later means later.

morgan78 Guest

Hope everyone is looking forward to a good weekend.

Nic - i live at Gailes (near Ipswich) which is probably a little bit far from Kangaroo Point. Hope you have a nice time while you are down here.

Bekz - for Sara clever girl and how is she doing today - hope she was alright last night for you. Im not losing any more hair than normal either but it's growing like anything i reckon i'll be able to sit on it in another month. And we cut out processed foods a while ago (a much as possible) and there was a huge change in Alex's behaviour.

Alicia - its dreadful when they are like that - i know there was a thread on here somewhere where they were talking about this sort of thing (couldn't find it for you tho) and apparently the brown sugar thing is a really bad idea but then again i was told to use it with DS from the midwifes at the hospital. Maybe try and get Olivia to have some boiled water might help loosen things

Buzzie - well that has explained things i didn't know that choc was bad for bubs & yep was windy and grumpy on Monday

Lara - we're going thru the Bob the Builder phase so yep Ebaying like mad - donna cover, bean bag chair, night light, pjs, Dvd's and im with you on the calm but firm its making a huge difference here.

Well Vicky has a hernia so we are now waiting to hear from the Mater Childrens to see the Paediatric Surgeon and then find out if she has to have day surgery - fingers crossed we dont but am expecting to hear that she will. We are making headway with getting back to the boob - she has dropped from 200ml to 120ml in the first feed, down from 160ml during the day (3 feeds) to 110mls and the last feed before bed has dropped by 30mls and she is still happy and sleeping - when it suits the little princess - have decided that not only do we have one bad day a week but we also have one fantastic day and the rest of the week falls anywhere in between. No teeth yet and a couple of rolls.

morgan - wishing u the best of luck, and fingers crossed they wont need to operate... maybe untill shes older even. i know some people can live with them and do nothing, but unsure how babies work...

Morgan - way to go with the breastfeeding. Crossing my fingerd that Vicky doesn't need surgery. Loren had a skin tag on her ear that needs to be removed but thankfully we can wait till she is older for surgery,.

I have uploaded some pics of Loren . I also put a pic of Sara from when she was 3months. I have got a similar pic of Loren.

Sick house here today. I have been up with Sara all night...yawn v tired

morgan and bekz - so glad you have scored goals in the challenge of toddler raising. it feels so good after feeling so bad!

i spoke too soon on mylo being easy: all day he seemed hot but had no temperature then this arvo he began crying and by nightime he screamed himself silly and couldn't be consoled. panadol, teething gel, boobies, cuddles- nothing worked. olly joined the party by crying hysterically for no obvious reason... they're both asleep now but it was a noisy few hours. wow- i don't remember teething being so bad the first time around.

oh dear, earth hour in a few minutes, better get the candles and log off...

Sorry I have been MIA once again girls. We've had so much going on and everytime I am in here it seems I only have crap happening so to save you all from hearing it I just don't post. LOL.

Poor Abbey is sick. We both got sick during the week but she still hasn't picked up. I'm guessing it's just a viral thing, haven't bothered taking her to the Dr's, I won't give her Ab's unless she truelly needs them so what's the point. Tehya was sick the week earlier and still has a rotten cough, she was vomiting also. Abbey has had really high temps and has been pooing up a storm, has a cough too. Yesterday she came out in the viral rash which usually means the end is near. Poor thing, I really hope so, she is miserable and I am buggared from being up all night with her, instead of her waking up quietly she is screaming.

xtml - I feel that toddler training is 1 step forward and 2 back some days. Your day sounded like mine!!! Miss Loren would not sleep yesterday and by the end of the day she was a beetroot coloured screaming mess. Miss Sara had temps of 39 and was whinging and DH who is also sick joined in the happy circus too.

Trish - Hugs hon. I am sorry that you have some challenging stuff going on atm. I hope you are also getting some lovely smiles and cuddles from your kids to help you through it all

After having a mostly crap weekend with kids/dh being sick and me getting no sleep we are just about to pack up the car and head to the park for some fresh air.

did anyone else turn off the lights etc for earth hour? it was nice- i was home alone with the kids asleep so i had a candlelit bath and found myself reflecting on all kinds of stuff that would never have surfaced had i had the usual distractions of tv, computer etc. it was a bit boring tho. when olly was a baby we lived in Medan (indonesia) where theres power blackouts every day for at least a few hours, so it reminded me of that. but of course it's hot there, so the most obvious thing is the fans turn off and it's sweltering inside. i used to take him outside where it wasn't so dark/hot and we'd see the rest of the neighbourhood.

mylo is still screaming lots in pain from teething i guess- he had a 38.7 temp yesterday. then after wearing himself out he's sleeping so deeply that i have to wake him up for nappy changes/boobies - i even sucessfully expressed (so i didn't explode) which has been impossible with out a proper pump until now.

got olly a new wiggles dvd- i couldnt listen to the other one more time. this ones got 3 hours of wiggles on it- $15 well spent! he's still being needy as i think he feels the need to compete with mylo's crying. so often it's both boys howling! sigh.. this too will pass.

hi everyone,
    i also know the troubles of toddler taming when yoa have a little one as well.
    tia was 20 months old when alisha was born. and i wont say it was easy cos it wasnt.

mirani is doing well, snacking throughout the day so she doesnt ever have a full bottle. still sleeping through which is fantastic!

although during the day she is starting to need to be entertained. or she gets bored and screams. and also likes to be walked around the house in everyones arms to see what everyone else is up to. lil sticky beak!

Hoime girls

Just a quick visit for now

had a great weekend. we took the kids on a train which they loved.. Olivia travelled somuch better then I thought she would.. when it all got to much for her we would stop but if we weren't able to stop (hats go off to big city mums) I would express into a medicine cup and then syringe some BM into her and she was happy then

Anyways just doing a quick check in will be back a bit later.

Oh and Miss O has been asleep since 7:30 and I set up her cot around her and now just waiting for her to wake up to go out and organize something for lunch..

Nic, glad you had a good holiday. I would never have thought to express and syringe feed while on the move. Very clever.

Michelle, I want to conceive again before or around turning 35 (next March) which means Monique won't be 2 when the other is born (if all goes to plan) so I have a quiet groan when I read about toddlers and it 'not being easy'. Monique is a sticky beak as well which is great. She loves checking everyone out.

xtml, DH and I went out to dinner for my bday ( and without bubs). They had candles on the table which added a bit of romance. My poor sisters had a terrible time with Monique as she wouldn't drink from the bottle and nothing they did settled her so unfortunately it was action stations for them and they forgot about earth hour. Your bath sounds lovely.

BekZ, I hope your family is better.

Trish, good to 'see' you back. I hope Abbey gets better soon.

Buzzie, I love the pics on your website. Ash is gorgeous.

Morgan, any news on Vicky? I hope they don't need to operate.

We haven't had any rolls yet but she tried to do one on the change table a little while ago.
    Monique had a massive spew this morning and I have never seen that much come out of a little person before. She also had a massive poo first thing so I wonder if she has a touch of something bad. What do you think? Little miss is awake so better be off to feed.

morning all!

sorry have been MIA... have had the child from hell last few days! NO sleep during the day, unsettled, grizzly and just whingy!! she did do an 11 hr sleep through the other night and last night slept for 10hr!! she was restless twice during the night but was still pretty much asleep and drifted off again! I still woke up a zillion times to start heating her milk thinking she was going to wake, but nope!! she's asleep again now... see how long that lasts!

Anyone with some tips on getting them to sleep during the day.. what works at night doesn't work during the day! ?!?!

Sorry for no personals, but i have read everyones posts! Love the pics!! Hope all bubs are better!!

xxx

Can I just say I am so totall exhausted today. Struggling to keep my eyes open this morning.

Olivia didn't sleep through last night *sigh* She woke at 2:30 but in her defense she slept alot yesterday (Haroula: just go away for 4 days she will sleep all day for you then ) So I think she was hungry as she didn't have much BM yesterday.

Ethan has been up by 6am every morning for the last week but this morning now he has school he is still asleep grrrr.. I have to go wak him in a minute

oh and lots of pics from our weekend are here DropShots.com

Aren't we a quiet bunch

Had a good day in the end . Olivia had 2 naps and one decent sleep

Jacob and I fell asleep on the lounge floor at 2..

How are all the other bubba's doing?

My bubba isnt doing as well... we got rushed to the doctors today, Ash scratched his eye ball and woke up screaming at the top of his lungs, scared the crap out of me. The poor little thing tho, it kept watering and was so uncomfortable for him. Hes ok now, on antibiotics drops during the day and cream at night to keep infection away for the next 48hours.

Time to cut nails!!!!...................

Hope everyone is well.

Oh no Buzzie, I hope Ash gets better soon.

Great pics Nic. Olivia is getting really fair isn't she. Also, the hair is growing so not long until you can put those clips in!

Monique has been doing lots of spews lately mostly after a feed but sometimes in between. She never used to be a spewy baby so I have to keep a bib handy (or cloth nappy, they are sometimes big spews). Is this normal?

morgan78 Guest

Hi to all - been lurking around but not had time to catch up.
    Buzzie - poor Ash i hope his eye gets better quickly for you
    Lara - i spoke too soon Alex decided to throw a monster tantrum today - 1.5hrs of constant screaming, dry retching and hyperventilating - decided to have a battle of wills with mum , wouldn't tidy his toys so i packed them away in the spare room and then he decided that he was not happy about having to sit on a bare floor with nothing to do - in the end he calmed down and after lots of cuddles he agreed to tidy up and all calm until tomorrow.
    Bekz - how are your girls/dh feeling hopefully better
    Haroula - during the day we wrap Vicky up nice & tight which helps her go to sleep and if she's unsettled i rock her to sleep & leave her to sleep on me normally sleeps for a good hour & i do it in front of the computer so i can hop on here
    Tinsel - Vicky was really spewy and we found that putting her head & shoulders on a cushion when on the floor and a couple of blankets under the head of her bed has almost put a stop to it.
    Nic - glad to hear Olivia got some sleep & u too
    Trish - hope you are all feeling better. Hows thing with Brandon these days?

Vicky is having day surgery on Tues - admission time is 11.30am so DP is taking the day off to help with Alex. We are not allowed to give her any milk after 9.30am and she can only have 36mls of water between then & 11.30am so i hope we dont have to wait too long for the surgery cause she aint gonna understand that theres no eating. Thanks everyone for your support it's always appreciated.

Lauren: ouch.. poor Ash. I have to cut olivias nails every week.. They just don't stop growing lol. Hope his eye feels better soon

Kellie: She sure is.. I did put one clip in her hair but I scratched her head by accident taking it out so I haven't tried again

Morgan: :hugs: I hope all goes well with the surgery..

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast