Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #13

haroula - wat a busy time for you. hope it all went well.

Does anyone know if you can fall pregnant even if theres no AF at all. I know ppl who have had spotting and got pregnant but not with no sign at all.

Hi all,
    Buzzie- yep I think you can. My step mum got pregnant again when he first was 2 months old with no sign of anything... I've heard that if you're BF and you go more than 4 hours without a feed or expressing you can ovulate? Not sure how true that is but.
    OK I'm preparing to be shot down in flames here but we have started solids today. I know it's early but my GP ok'ed it and Ty really seemed to want and need it and I just couldn't keep up with feeding every one and a half hours during the day and every two hours at night anymore. I do feel a bit guilty- I was determined to wait off until six months and I know that part of the reason I've done it is my own selfishness. But it went surprisingly well. We only did a tiny half tpsn of Heinz Organic rice cereal with ebm and he loved it and wanted more. He didn't have tounge thrust reflex either- actually took it off the spoon with his lips and swallowed instead of pushing it back out with his tongue. No bad reactions and so far no belly aches so tomorrow I'm going to give it to him while we have our dinner.
    Like I said, I know it's early but i feel like I've done the right thing.
    Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend and those of you in Sydney are enjoying the beautiful day! We're off to a bbq at a mate's place

Oh and I forgot to mention we are both 100% better

LoriRae - good on you! do what you think is best! Sounds like all the signs are there for a bub who's ready! We have started on rice cereal too this week! only a teaspoon or two a day... i'm taking my queues from Chrissie.. she seems to like it.. opens her mouth and everything! i've also started giving her a little water with a sipper cup! she's gotten the hang of that real quick too!!

Buzzie - yep! you sure can!

LoriRae: Glad you guys are feeling better.. and you won't get shot down in flames for sharing a milestone with us.. Regardless of when we start our bubs on solids is not a thing to be judged. Might raise my eyebrows if he was under 4 months but hey you do whats right Glad he seems to enjoy it. enjoy this new milestone

Haroula: glad the needles went well.. I think it wss you on the last page that got needles..

Lauren: yes you can get pg. Friend had baby who was 9 months old and it turned out she was 18 weeks pg .. She was breastfeeding and had no return of AF..

um.. Kinda forgotten what was on last page.

Had a fabulous day here. Went to the place called Kroombit Tops. A plane crashed up there in 1945 and wasn't discovered till 1998. We have beeen there a few times and each time I feel so strange walking amongst the wreckage. It is all there as it was found. Very interesting. olivia loved the super bumpy roads. We were so worried she would scream but nope the little darling just went to sleep

Hope everyone has a Great Mummy's day tomorrow.. Especially to the New Mummy's celebrating thier first Mummy's day

morgan78 Guest

Buzzie - i was wondering the same thing, i did put a thread up on here a little while ago and apparently the only easy way to tell if you are ovulating is to keep an eye on your CM as trying to temp can be almost impossible.

LoriRae - Sweetie you are doing exactly what you should and following your baby....sometimes they are ready earlier than you might expect, we started Alex at 4.5months and he has never looked back. Great news that you & Ty are both feeling better.

Nic - that sounds like a interesting (but sad) place to visit...lol at little miss on the sleeping.

I crashed this arvo with Miss V and apparently DP took advantage of my snooze and got my beautiful little boy to make me a card for tomorrow....i cant wait to get it. We have rearranged our kitchen so Alex has a big table to sit at and a set of drawers with heaps of crafty things in it and he loves it....yipee i have finally found a way for him to keep himself amused. Miss V has been an absolute angel the last 2 days and while she is still not rolling she is spending 10mins or more on her tummy at a time now and is reaching out for the toys in front of her and even manage to drag herself forward an inch today.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
    to all you lovely mummies i hope you all have a wonderful day with your family/ies

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY may everyone have a wonderful day...you deserve it!!!

Happy mothers day to everyone. Hope you all got spoilt as well. I havent had to lift a finger all day which is great - minus ethan. my older boys all made me gifts at school which was lovely.
    Morgan - glad to hear miss v has been having good days. Are you free this friday?
    aussienic - sounds as though you had a good day. glad your little girl went to sleep for you.

Question - i have a tommee tippee newborn sterlizer for the microwave. my problem is it didnt come with directions. does anyone know how i use it? Never had one before.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day, Mine wasn't going so great them Ethan and Isaac came inside with a lovely bunch of flowers they had picked for me Pic in my gallery

Olivia slept brilliantly last night.. 6:30 till 3.. best sleep ever and I even went to bed early at 9:30..

She is on sleep number 4 today. Little sleeps and as I typed that she woke up..

Jas: Can't help you with the steralizer. Maybe email the tommee tippee people and ask for a new copy of the manual..

ps did you know you don't have to steralize anymore.. is ok if you prefer to but you don't have to do it anymore.. Just wash in hot soapy water and rinse well

morgan78 Guest

Hope everyone had a Fantastic Day today.

I got a lovely homemade card from Alex, Miss V slept an extra hour this morning so i got to stay in bed until 7am and she rolled today from tummy to back everytime we popped her on her belly

Anyway gotta go and Mr A is having a bad night and has just wandered in & told me to go to bed so he can come and cuddle with mummy all night

jas - 4 mins on high in microwave with about 200 mls of water depending on the size of the sterilizer more is better than less.

morgan78 Guest

Just wanted to share..............

Alex had one more present for me last night................

vomit all through our bed SO GROSS!!!!! and then DP was outside sharing in sympathy.

Dinner was too rich for his poor tummy. He's all better today.

just letting you all know Olivia (aussienic) had another little turn this morning, Nic was walkign Ethan to school and Olivia had a vomit but she went all pale and funny again so nic popped into drs her was between 60-100 but not steady so they called ambulance and sent them into gladstone, she is having a heart trace done to find out what is happening

all is AOK with my little niece

for Nic

TOT: Jas if your steriliser is white with blue hinged lid its 200ml for 5min

morgan78 Guest

Oh Nic i really hope they can figure this out this time...will be thinking of you & Olivia.

&

Thank you Rach for letting us know again - to you as well.

Rach, thanks so much for the update. As soon as I saw that you had posted in here I knew something had happened again.
    I am praying that these Dr's can work out what is causing these turns and I hope little Olivia is ok. Huge hugs to both Nic and Olivia.

Have had a busy weekend with Noah's birthday and mother's day. Not enough time to scratch myself.

Abbey has cut another tooth, so that's 2 teeth in 1 week !! Poor love. Her chest is still very rattley so I am taking her back to the Dr's today. Teh has a cold too that she just can't shake so she will see the Dr too. I have caught this cold as well, but nah, I won't see the Dr. LOL. Typical hey.

Hope all mum's had a good mother's day and that all little people get better very soon.

Oh gosh Nic - thinking of you and Olivia I hope they find out what is causing it.

Trish - wow - 2 teeth! Kayla is 'teething' but I can't see anything! We had some shocking nights a few nights ago, but on Saturday she started chomping down on my boob and I decided it was time for some panadol that night, and she slept for 6 1/2 hours! OMG! Can't tell you how tempting it is to dose her up every night LMAO. But the poor little thing must've been waking up with sore gums before I did actually give her panadol again last night, and it helped a bit. I think she's gonna take ages with her teeth, Tallon was super quick, he cut 5 at once after his first tooth! Then four at once, then two at a time. But I never had time to work out if he was teething or not, coz after a couple of bad nights, they would cut through (no swollen gums or anything to let me know!) so the poor little bugga never got any pain relief for his teeth.

Sorry haven't had time to read through everything. Hope everyone is well and bubs are progressing nicely.

Oh - had a paed appointment today.. everything's good (I could have told me that.. and then charged myself $100! LOL) she weighs 7.1kg and is 66cm long.

Take care!

LOL Liz, I had to dose Abbey up a few nights there. She was in so much pain she couldn't even feed properly. So she'd get some panadol then some seda gel, then a feed.

Abbey was just back at the Dr's, she has chronic bronchilitis so she now has to go back and see the Paed, same idiot she saw when she was sick just after she was born. Can you imagine what crap I'm going to cop off him this time. GP reminded me that Abbey was due for her vaccinations. I told her that I wasn't going to get them done. She asked if I was sure and I said yes, perhaps some of them when she is 3 or 4, but I'm not 100% yet. She was going to update it on her computer. LOL.

I weighed Abbey last week and she was 6.5kgs. was 6.1kgs at 4 months so she's gained 400 grams in a month. Another thing for the Paed to whinge about. She's gaining and pretty much healthy, except for this bloody cough.

agh.. when I finally decide to brave it and go for a walk with Olivia this happens.. We are home..

They did a chest Xray and blood tests. they all came back normal. The Dr was great for a change. The pead is away so not much we can do at this stage. It wasn't as bad this time but still scary. Poor bugger screamed when they did the blood test and held her down for the Xray and she didn't like getting the heart trace done either. I felt so mean..

Anyways for now there is nothing we can do. Just monitor her closely and wait for the pead to get back to us with an appointment. If we haven't heard from by Wednesday I will get a refferal to the one in Rocky who we see for isaac..

thanks for the well wishers..

I do have good news though. Olivia slept 7:30 pm till 5am last night.. Such a great sleep for agreat Little girl

Will be back later to read over the days events... Feeling a little tired now

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast