Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #17

Does he sleep on his tummy or back? I know sometimes Olivia is inconsolable and I just leave the room and she stops crying almost right away and goes to sleep within 5 minutes.. No Idea why she does that though

morgan78 Guest

Lori - you poor thing and Ty too....give him a big hug from us too. I know that those methods do work for some people but you sound like us and its too heart wrenching to listen to them...plus they are only babies for such a short time. I hope Ty is better tomorrow...maybe his teeth are hurting him...i give Vicky a couple of the Hylands Teething Relief tablets which are a homeopathic remedy and it seems to help her. And fingers crossed for you that the BFN stays that way.

Tinsel - we've got those sticky ones too...might just be cause their systems are developing a bit more as Vicky doesn't have solids atm

Well its been an interesting couple of days as i just about lost my voice (horrid bad cold) and could only whisper at the kids...that was sooo much fun NOT! Anyway almost better now. Have put a couple of new pics up too.

Lori - You know we will all listen and send hugs anytime you want to whinge or vent - it is what we are for :-)

Morgan - Colds here too. Both Olivia and I have been sick and miserable. Last night was terrible for sleep as she was so stuffy nosed and kept waking. Tonight we have got phone books under the two top legs of her cot, hoping that the raised head will help her breathe better in her sleep *fingers crossed*

Tonight the little Miss had chicken and corn for dinner (we were having homemade chicken and sweet corn soup - yummy) and she absolutely loved it! It is the first time she has tried meat and I wasn't going to push it at all, but I didn't have to, she wanted more and more! Hopefully the full tummy also helps with sleep tonight.

Off to bed for me.

Oh Lori - What a day *hugs*. Dunno what that nurse was thinking - if Ty is out of sorts, not sure why she would launch into controlled crying. Poor little man. Was Ty a refluxy bub? The nurse told me that teething can bring back reflux, so I just thought I'd put it out there as a possibility for the constant crying. Could be teething, reflux, development. I'm wondering if Kayla's unsettledness lately is due to being on the verge of crawling.

Well, Kayla is sooooo nocturnal these days. She's been up now for a couple of hours soooo happy and playing and rolling around the floor. I wanna go to bed! LOL. I've tried putting her down a couple fo times, but it's a no go.. she just wants to be up and playing. Hopefully she'll give me a few hours sleep when she does go down. But it seems to be this time of night that she gets her best play in.. No doubt she'll do her first crawl late one night. LOL.

OK, must go.. she's now on her own in the loungeroom coz DH has gone to shower.. and she's really getting around with this rolling!

Night everyone... and sleepy vibes to all babies!

Im hearing ya Liz.. Olivia has just gone to sleep.. she woke at 10 ish... time for me to go to... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hi ladies,
    Well we had a reasonably good night last night, so I can't complain this morning. Ty woke up when we went to bed at 10, then came into bed with us and fed once at about 2, then slept till seven. He's having a nap now but it was a 20 min screaming marathon to put him to sleep.
    Nic- he sleeps on his side. If i leave him to try and go to sleep by himslef he just screams himself to the point where he literally vomits
    Morgan- how cute is Vicky sitting up? not sure if it's his teeth, the chn doesn't think so but I'm not sure i trust her after what she did to Ty. Teething gel doesn't seem to help so
    Alicia- that soup sounds yummy Ty loves his chicken too. Hope your colds get better.
    Liz- hasn't had reflux. But I'm thinking that maybe the almost being about to crawl might have something to do with it, and the fact that he gets so frustrated with not being able to get the things he wants to get. Maybe wonder weeking? Do they have a wonder week at about six/seven months? I'm just telling myself this can't go on forever- it will only be a couple of weeks at most.
    Hope you all got a goods night's sleep in. We're off to the GP's later today. I really don't think there is much physically wrong with him, but can't hurt to check.

LoriRae: Always a good idea to rule out anything.. As you said can't hurt to check

I can understand not leaving him.. I hate leaving olivia to cry too. I will leave her to whine but not cry kwim?

Well Olivia slept till 7 again so you would think I would have got 7 hours sleep. *sigh* I kept waking up.. Olivia yelled out in her sleep at 4 Jacob woke at 5 coughing and then Simon woke me at 6 when he got home from work...

Simon is on days off now so I can catch up on sleep if need be.. Or go to bed and leave him to play till midnight with his princess hehehehe

Lori - call anytime. it was great walking tonight. h ope ty sleeps for you.

nic - if it's any encouragement, Olivia is eating better than ella. If she sees there's food on the spoon she won't suck it, only if there isn't! We've had success with rockmelon pieces & banana pieces & a fruity custard the chn recommended (didn't want to give her that). sometimes she'll suck on rusks, so I'm making them at home & soaking them in sweet potato 'soup' before I bake them in the hope she gets more nutrients in. the only way i can get food in is to trick her. she's so not impressed when I do it! the food she does like seems to give her a sore bottom, so i'm not wanting to give it all the time. oh well, she won't starve. i've got heaps of milk. just gotta get her to put on more weight.

hope the babies do some sleeping tonight. ella actually went from 11 til 5 last night, but I was awake. oh well...

Jus - how do you make rusks?

Jus: ditto what Louise said...

Olivia is downstairs with Daddy enjoying her first Camp fire lol. We were meant to go camping but with Isaacs headaches and other snotty nosed boys we have decided to give it a miss We are going next weekend without fail so thats ok..

Olivia is yelling at the fire and making lots of noise in general. very funny... We have thebrazier going so the boys could Roast marshmallows.. I came up cus I was feeling irratated. i think I am to tired to enjoy it.. Even just the boys talking was bugging me.. I am not PMsy just tired I think..

hey curious qn cus i only thought of it tonight.. Maybe should post to general forum.. But after a tubal I know you ovulate cus all the bits are stil ther but should I get al the symptoms?? TMi but you know how down there gets um.... :blush: Oh i don't know just how it gets at O time.. anyways I thought that was sposed to stop.. and i get crampy like sharp pains right down low.. I never had any symptoms before the tubal but I get them now ...

Anyways Olivia has just been brought upstairs and she is in her bouncy bounce thing and yeling at me

isnt it just tightly rolled bread and baked in the oven?

morgan78 Guest

On the rusks i slice up wholemeal bread and dry it out in the oven on a really low temp 120 i think - you can remove the crusts but i never bothered with Alex.

Sorry Nic cant help with that one except i used to get that lovely cramping before but AF hasn't returned yet so who knows now. I'd ask in the general forum area.

Lori - i hope you have a good night tonight and i found that the teething gel was a waste of time seriously give those tablets a go lots of ladies here on BB swear by them as well.

Well we had a good day nothing interesting but then my little pain the rear daughter decided not to go to bed but bf for a hour and give herself the worst bellyache...i got super cranky and left DP to get her off to sleep while i put Alex to bed and i couldn't stand him touching me as i was so wound up and cause Vicky had been stroking my face & fiddling with me for an hour Well she is asleep now so hopefully will stay that way for a few more hours.

Hi ladies,
    hope you all got some sleep last night. ella had me up at 4 for half an hour with a pooey nappy. why can't she just poo in the day time? in fact, she did. bonus poo. She seems to do a few in succession. are any other babies like that? but then she slept til 7. woohoo.

the rusks, I make by slicing wholemeal bread in 4. might take crusts off next time. baby love recipe. 1 or 2 min in microwave on high, let them dry. / in slow oven for an hour. I did both microwave & oven. i might be dumb, but I couldn't work out whether you did one of the methods or both. anyhow, they turned out ok & cheaper than the store bought ones, specially when she chucks em on the floor so fast. yeah, i do recycle. she's gotta get some germs sometime or other ... mother of the year. lol.

Jus - lol - yep, Kayla does her poos in succession too. We still go a few days between, but then it's a day of pooing! And mother of the year - sorry, that goes to me Kayla's always chomping on grubby toys and I pick her spoon & rusks off the floor and give em back. Her dummies have NEVER been sterilised, only ever swished under TAP water, even after being dropped out of the car on the road or something LOL. Gross. But hey.. my kids are soooo rarely sick I think it's safe to say it's done them good! hehehe.

Homemade rusks - are they hard? I just don't want Kayla biting a big chunk of it off, which is why I quite like the bought ones. But yeah.. they do get wasted.

Solids are going very slowly here. Now that I've slowed it down, she doesn't show much interest! She's still waking at night, but we're back to just feeding and going straight back to sleep, which I can handle

hey liz, you make me feel so much better. ella hasn't been sick yet, so we can't be doing too much wrong. & yeah, if she's eating the toys on the floor, why can't she eat the spoon too! our gp only ever rinses the dummy under the tap when we've dropped it at the surgery. Plus I read an article about how you don't really need to sterilise, just clean thoroughly. lack of exposure to enough germies is even linked to diabetes, would you believe!!!

the rusks aren't too hard, tho they are kind of rough. i though dd wouldn't like that but she didn't seem to mind. they do break if dropped. they go quite mushy when they suck on them, so in our case that's good, because I reckon ella might get more food down the throat that way (won't eat anything. had a tanty this morning cos i tried to feed her... i didn't expect tanties this early!!! can't wait til she's 2).

good luck!

Hmmm I may have to try this homemade rusk bizzo. Mother of the year, I'm applying too- rusks, spoons, toys, evryhting goes back in the mouth. Went to the pub for lunch the other day and had Ty sitting on my lap and he gummed the grotty outside pub table. Eewww.
    Ty had three- count 'em- sleeps yesterday, one for a whole hour and a half. And even went down for the last one without screaming. And he's asleep at the moment with no screaming. Yay!! But we had a shocker of a night last night, up every hour or so again. Doing the big step tonight of putting him in his own room. I cvan guarentee he'll end up in our bed again but it's one step in the right direction (I hope). I figure we can only try and if it doesn't work, then he can come back to our room.
    Off to mum's group today, yay! Hope you all had a good night's sleep I am planning on enjoying the sunshine today too, it's lovely here- bit cold but hey, I'll take what I can get
    ETA- Jus, our babies will be angels by the time they're two, remember? We get massive tanties here too. And there is actually a disease called Kawasaki Syndrome that bubs can get from not enough exposure to germs and too much exposure to anti- bac products (I only know this because Kelly Preston and John Travolta's baby has it- I saw it on Oprah )
    Last edited by Lolli; July 3rd, 2008 at 10:06 AM.

LOL at the pub table. Ick. I thought I was bad letting Tallon chomp on the shopping trolley handle when he was smaller LOL. Actually I didn't "let" him, was just impossible to stop, but I never bothered with those cover things you can get for the shopping trolley.

Lori - hope putting Ty in his own room works. I've wondered the same thing, if I moved Kayla away from my bed if she'd sleep better.. but I just can't do it LOL. It's so easy to just reach over and pick her up for a feed without having to get out of bed. Perhaps I'll move her in a few months when it's warmer But even then it'll only be to a normal cot still in our room, eventually she'll move in with Tallon

pub table - ewww. Maria often puts her finger in Sofia's mounth to see if there are teeth (she actually can apply the teething gel quite well)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast