Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #18

on the cold weather.. I am feeling the cold here so I can't imagine how cold it is with actual snow

woo on mouse cleaning Liz.. at least cleaning got done if only I could be forced into doing a major one.. Dmn I wish I could hire someone to come in and do all the nitty gritty jobs.. and sort out mine and the kids clothes.. you know all those jobs..

pretty decent day here. Olivia had 2 good sleeps.. 2 hours in the mornin and almost 2 hours in the afternoon.. We were so cold at 1pm we went for a walk to the park.. An hour in the sun that finally appeared made us toasty and warm.. Its meant to get down to 6 here tonight BRR

Question for the day,... Olivia won't sleep at night till she in her bag.. but now she has started it for her day sleeps. I managed to get her to go down this afterrnoon without it but this morning she wasn't going to have a bar of sleeping till she went back in it.. Luckily it was cold enough for her to do so.. Should I *force* her to go down without it during the day or get a cotton one made up as some days even in winter it is definitly not cool enough for one??

Hmmm Nic that is a good guestion. Will she stand being wrapped lightly instead? Ty doesn't have a wrap at night anymore, he has the bag instead, but I still wrap him loosely during the day. Sleeping bags are so expensive. Could you remove more of her underclothes and still put the bag on? Might be a bit of a pain in the bum. (It makes me feel so good when you asks questions. I'm like- Yay! Nic has 4 kids and still has questions about this baby thing! there are no experts!)

Liz- lol at the keys. I lost mine once that way- took mw six months to find them again

I always have questions.. and now Olivia is so darn different from the boys I have even more

I will try the wrapping but last time I tried (newborn) she wasn't having any of it

I am mental.. Neice is here tonight (yay she was allowed to come) but omg... I had to send them to bed.. I felt like such a meanie. but I told them Olivia would not sleep if the house was so chaotic..

I was going to put Jacob on my bed and let isaac, Ethan and neice watch a movie in jakes room (tv in there ) but they wouldn't stop running and screaming... I got Jake and Isaac asleep and now Olivia and niece who is almost 8 and Ethan almost 9 are talk talk talk talk.. Better then the jumping off the bed I just got mad at them for

oh and in case I don't come back tonight I am off to mums tomorrow.. Party for Ethans birthday then Fri and Sat night at a 40th for simons aunt.. then home Sunday and eeek we are camping and its cold BBRR

morgan78 Guest

Hey Nic what size is Olivia wearing as i have a lightweight cotton sleepbag thats not being used - its a large 00 - if you are interested PM/email

Just emailed ya

morgan78 Guest

Just a quick woohoo - we had a 7pm - 5am sleep
    I so stoked as i was no looking forward to having to get out of bed in that horrid cold.

PPPFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

But I am glad somebody got some sleep

I can't be greedy and have it forever now can I

as you can tell we had a pretty bad night... and its 5 degrees here BBRRR

Well, we had our usual night of waking every few hours for feeds. Not too bad, coz she resettled very quickly.

Tallon came into our bed at 1 last night. But this morning he woke up crying, and he felt quite hot, he had a bit of a gaggy vomit (not full on) and was soooo clingy and lethargic. He just wasn't moving, and leaning on me. I asked him to lie down next to mummy so i could feed Kayla, and he did.. and he just didn't move! He was soooo drowsy. He looked like he'd drifted off to sleep so I tried to sneak out to go to the loo.. but he was still half awake, so i told him I was just going to the loo and I'll come straight back, and he said a very drowsy "nooo" but he didn't move an inch! Normally he'd cry and carry on and follow me, but nothing, and he was still lying on my pillow when I got back! I can tell you I was starting to get worried. But then he asked to watch the wiggles, and has perked up a bit, we're sitting here drinking chamomile tea together lol. He hasn't asked for any food either which is sooooo not like him. You experienced mums.. when are you concerned about how sick they are and take them to the dr? (I can't be bothered starting a new thread.. thought you girls would know enough )

Well, I 'm actually sitting here enjoying my very clean house LOL. It feels lovely to know it's clean even in the nooks & crannies of the lounges and things I find it hard to keep on top of the thorough cleaning. Now I've just got to keep going with the venetian blinds (some of them are mouldy!!) so I'm doing one room at a time coz its a fiddly job. There's about 3 blinds & windows that are mouldy in this damp weather (seems to be the ones hidden behind net curtains).. the others just need a good dusting & wipe down.

OK, off to put the first load of washing on for the day. It's cold here too.. so I'm just gonna hang it all up inside (make my house untidy! )

Hi all,
    Nic- Hope you have an awesome weekend, sounds like it will be a busy one. I don't envy you camping in this weather but. I'm a creature comforts person- a big wuss when it comes to this camping thing, I like my air con and doona
    Morgan- Aaaaah don't tell me. We had the usual three hourly feeds
    Liz- I hear ya on the washing. My fingers nearly fell off hanging ours out this morning. I'm still FlyLadying my house- it's kitchen week so today the oven and the window is going to get a clean. Next 'cycle' I'm going to concentrate on the blinds- it's bizzare how dirty they get when noone really touches them. Hope Tallon is ok- poor little darling doesn't sound very well!
    We are definately having a stay at home day- it's just too cold and miserable to go out and I think Ty's still contagious for another day or two. I seem to be getting heaps done but, only cause Ty is having four naps a day. Only for half hour each but hey, I'll take what I can get...

I looked at flylady a few years ago, but all the bleaching put me off lol. I did like the 15min thing each day tho.. its amazing what can be done in 15mins. Maybe I should look at it again.

Ah, I don't bother with the bleaching. Just keeps me on my toes- instead of looking around and going 'oh gosh the house is a mess, where do i start?' then cleaning one room to within an inch of it's life and the rest of the house still being filthy, i just do a little in each room every day then leave it. makes me feel good

LOL I just joined it. Coz I am in Chaos! Freak out whenever the doorbell rings lol. Yeah I'll be doing my enjo thing - not touching chemicals except for the oven etc. God I hope its not oven day any time soon! can you tell I lack motivation? My trouble is I clean the entire house, and its spotless (well.. not necessarily thoroughly) but then within a day every room is back to how it was

I think the oven gets neglected coz I cant work it around the kids. I dont want them breathing the fumes. I was bad and influenced a friend of mine telling her to just clean the oven door.. makes it look clean! LOL. Now she doesnt do her oven properly LOL.

Anyway - this is a bit off topic of our bubs! Think I saw flylady threads around here somewhere, tho dunno if I can bothered joining them.

morgan78 Guest

Liz - I hope Tallon is feeling better, i find if Alex is uninterested in food then he is not well and within 24hrs the bug is more obvious. i would only go to the Drs if he has green snot, tugging at his ear, vomiting frequently, noticeably less urine output etc if he's just listless and tired id keep him at home & just monitor him
    Well i think i dont want Vicky sleeping all night she has been the grumpiest bub today and so unsettled, i get her off to sleep pop her in the cot & 5 mins later shes awake smiling at me and kicking around, 20 mins later back to sleep and then 5 mins awake again Well i suppose we cant have it both ways *sigh*
    Nic - have a great weekend.
    Last edited by morgan78; July 10th, 2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: typos

Well, I thought Tallon had perked up a bit. We sat & watched wiggles and drank some tea and then he had 2 pieces of toast (I was worried it was too much.. but he was ok). Then he helped me around the house a bit, putting washing on, making beds & stuff, but when we sat down to have something to eat (scrambled eggs - classic 'sick' food LOL) he just looked so dazed and ILL. I thought he was gonna chuck, but he was ok. He was upset that he couldn't eat his food, poor little man, think he wanted it but just couldnt' do it. So I took his temp, and it's up to nearly 39, so I gave him some nurofen and he happily took it and went to bed. last time he did this he came down with a cold/flu type thing and a cough. He probably picked it up from someone at the party on Monday (3 days ago!). LOL - I can always look 3 days before he gets sick and pinpoint where he would have got it from.

It's times like this I wish he was still breastfed. I'm almost tempted to pump some milk for him.. but I'm a bit too lazy notice the 'almost' tempted. LOL.

Morning all! Gosh it's quiet here without Nic! LOL. And Trish - you still having puta problems? or have you gone to Melbourne already?

Well, our night wasn't fantastic.. Kayla woke every couple of hours. Settled quickly again after a feed, but still.. broken sleep. Tallon's woken up with a soaring temp again this morning, he's crashed in my bed after having some Nurofen. It's freezing cold and windy today, but I'm going to have to take him out to get a few things.. argh. Times like this I really miss my mum I've got a couple of friends I can call on, but I don't want them to get whatever he's coming down with. So I'll just have to rug him up and take him with me. I've got Kayla's 6 mth check on Monday, and then her late 6mth needles on Tuesday... Tallon will probably have the full-blown cold/flu or whatever he's getting by then. Argh. What a pain.

i think Trish leaves today....

Sorry gals, Yes still having puter problems. Everything is in one paragraph and I hate it.Yes I leave for Victoria today !!!!!!!!!!!!! Lauren can't wait to catch up with you and Ash.Did I end up giving you my new mobile number ? Not 100 % sure.See you all when I get back

no havent got it, i think its ur old one i have. What time is everyone catching up on sunday?????

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast