Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #2

Yup sounds like Olivia.. But I think we have a growth spurt happening here at the moment.

I am getting 2 hours between feeds but then she will cluster feed on and off for a few hours which can get very frustrating..

Olivia is still sleeping soundly. I have her in her room though away from the boys who keep playing with these annoying cars that some wonderful relative bought them for Xmas *sigh* might have to take the batteries out tonight

Nic, sounds like you had a crappy night hun. Fingers crossed tonight is better for you guys. Sucks when there is no one for you to hand over to for a while hey. DP went away on Wed and won't be back until Sunday. Oh tell a lie he came back briefly to drop off cyclone Tehya.

Haroula, not sure on the expressing hun. I only ever feed right from the boob. Too much stuffing around for me. Apart from the obviously health benefits of breastfeeding, the convenience is a huge thing for me. Expressing changes that all to me. Sounds like Chrissie is growing nicely there for you.

Liz, 2 babies asleep at once, how good are you !! Poor little Kayla, hope she has no problems with her injections and what a brave boy Tallon is. Has to be brave in front of his sister. Hope you don't need to use the Zantac but at the same time it is good to know that you have some there if really need be. I remember you saying that your IL's live down my way. Sounds very convenient to me hun Kayla is growing nicely there too, good girl.

Shell, I don't dream feed as such. Although in saying that Abbey never wakes screaming in the middle of the night. She only makes a few noises and I get her to feed her. She goes right back to sleep most times.

As I said DP has dropped Teh back off and she is in a mood. Driving me mad already. Abbey wants to hang from the boob like a chimp, no wonder I have 9 inch nipples.Feeling very tired and drained and wishful of an ealry night. Is 5pm too early to go to bed

ETA, had my Dr appt, all was good. Got Abbey weighed and fully clothed she is 3.7kgs. so roughly what my other kids were when they were born. It's only a 500 gram gain from birth, but it's better than loosing like she was.

and she is still asleep **woo**

Although I think she is about to wake as my boobs started aching and then I looked down and realized I had leaked everywhere Always happen when she is about to wake

I am surviving my first day at home with all the kids.. Dinner is on cooking.. Even managed to do a little bit of tidying up

Half your luck Nic. Abbey just will not go to sleep. And will not go down at all without a big crying fit. There are only so many things you can do with a newborn to entertain them, for Abbey just shove her on the boob but I can't do that ALL day !!

Abbey sounds like Caitlin Trish! She just isn't a happy baby and loves boob to settle. I dont know what I will do if she goes on formula??

GOod on you managing a tidy up and dinner Nic, I have not been doing much of anything lately.. Leaving the house is impossible I feel like im in jail sometimes and DF doesn't get it. He still goes out all the time! GRR Babies sure are testing on relationships!

I take my hat off to you Trish managing 5 of them! oh no crying baby again!

Shell, keep your hat on hun, truelly I'm not worth it.

Now here's way tmi for you girls. I had Chinese for dinner lastnight and it's fair to say it hasn't agreed with me. I have been on and off the toilet since I got up this morn. Well of course now, while nursing Abbey I got those death pains, you know the ones with the sweats too, just like labour. So I have to take Abbey and the rocker to the loo with me, away from Tehya. I leave Abbey just outside the door, poor kid. She has the biggest screaming fit so I get Tehya to go find her dummy which she won't take anyway and ended up with Abbey on my lap until I could calm her enough to put her back down, wipe my butt and get the heck out of there.

How much worse does it have to get. I literally can't ***** by myself now. She has been sooking all afternoon now. She is on the boob AGAIN and I have wrapped her nice and tight. Soooo hoping she goes to sleep for a little while at least. And that doesn't mean 10 minutes either Abbey.

I really didn't want this baby to only settle on the boob, Tehya and Noah were the same, we were going well but lately she will only settle on the boob. I was hoping for the sleep, feed, play routine but that sure is hard with a baby this size.

Man oh man I am so HOT here..This hot weather is killing me poor Olivia is so not coping she is drinking evey 1 1/2 hrs which I cant blame her its bloody hot..

Sorry for the whinge post

oh Trish.. I'm sorry but and a I guess if you don't laugh you will cry some days hey...

and I was right Olivia woke up not long after I posted// she fed pooped right out the back of her nappy had a lovely bath another feed and is semi happy on the floor beside me. I love having a laptop so I can move to where she is.. oh here come the farts.. A lady she aint

Teena: I am sending youo some cool vibes. I hate summer so I will sympathise with you

Shell: I hope tomorrow goes just as well. We will see how good dinner comes out yet

I felt like I was in jail for a while there as DH didn't wan to load all the kids in the car to go get milk but I was going stir crazy. In the end we just made sure we went for a short drive every day just to get out and about..

Are any of the other bubs starting to smile? We got one smile on Xmas day and the occassional smile with her eyes. but other then that nothing. I thought by nearly 7 weeks we would be getting more. Maybe she is crying to much so has nothing to smile about lol

Poor Olivia not having much to smile about. Abbey has started to give a few little smiles. We got a definate one last week in hosp, and I even managed to half catch one this afternoon with the camera. I will post it later on.

I would laugh if I didn't feel so crap. Now tell me when you would find a male doing the same thing. Baby on the lap while in the loo. Talk about bloody multi tasking !!

I hear you all on the jail too. I feel like its been just me with Abbey since she was born. First DP left to take my midwife back and left me with a day old baby and a 2 year old. Then it was the stay in special care for the couple of days, and then hosp for me for 4 days and now he has gone away for 5 days. I know it's not that much, but atm it sure does feel like it.

I am lucky I guess that I drive and am not stuck at home as such, but it would still be nice to have a partner around the house lately. He goes back to work on Monday, I think in allthe time he had off with Abbey's birth and Christmas we have spent so little together. All circumstantial I know, but still.

Hi all seems like it has been a busy day of chatting in here.

We just came back from Olivia's Maternal Health Nurse appointment and she is doing fine. She has gained weight again (up to 4.6kg) and looks really healthy and alert so the nurse said not to worry too much about the fact that she is a bit of a fussy eater sometimes.

Teena, I am with you about the heat. We don't have aircon at our place and it is getting very stifling, it make Olivia grizzly too.

Nic, I had a bad night with Olivia too. She was wide awake after her feed and was still up and wanting company at 1:30am. Then she dozed and woke again at 3am. By 4am I was pretty grumpy so I woke up DH and made him take a shift while I had a doze. The thing is then when she woke in the morning all I had to do was put her on our bed and she happily went back to sleep for a few hours. Yes I do have one of those clingy babies as well girls, looks like lots of us are in the same boat there.

Haroula, I live pretty close to Highpoint. Do you live over that side of Melbourne too?

Oh yeah the 'jail' thing. I am going insane at not being able to drive!!! Now that I am starting to feel a little better I can go on short outings but I need to rely on someone else to drive and load the pram, etc... is driving me insane being so dependent!

She should have lots to smile about she has me as her mummy I may have got one not long ago. The boys were outside and it was just her and me inside and she gave me a little look that looked like a smile..

and yeh at the multi tasking.. My DH might be good but sheesh ask him to do more then one thing especially where the kids are concerned.............

Alicia: At least we all have good company when the clinginess will get to us in the end Sometimes I jump online in the middle of the night but we don't usually have nights like last night.. I have been pretty lucky that was only our 3rd bad bad night since she was born.. and I can remember having heaps more with Jacob...

Well I have actually managed to bath the boys before dinner and Olivia is asleep again Dinner is still cooking away nicely.. Hopefully I can get the kids dinner dished up and eaten before she awakens again Dh should be home by 7 at the latest so hopefully I can look like a good housewife and even have the dinner dishes done

Well Abbey is STILL awake. She went off for about 10 minutes while I bathed Tehya and that was it. She is in the crappiest mood as is her mummy. Clinginess is getting to me today I tell ya.

Tehya has decided to be a feral cow, she sat in the loungeroom and spooned yoghurt all over her feet then rubbed them on the carpet !!

Hoping that she will go to bed soon but I would prefer it was Abbey over Tehya. Would benice to be able to spend some time with Teh. Abbey has been demanding all afternoon.

why oh why would she do that with her yoghurt *sigh*

I am sitting here speaking to thin air apparently. Olivia is asleep in her swing and I asked the boys to play in the other room.. nope they didn't go and just brought out more toys..

Some days I wish I owned a cattle prod

Nic, I have no freaking idea !! I asked her the very same question.

Thank God, actually thank me, both girls are bathed and asleep. For now atleast. Abbey has been shocking, not sure what was up with her but I bet atleast half of it was because she is over tired. Abit like me.

I will be a good girl tonight and go to bed early. It's just so hard with daylight savings. It's still very light outside atm. I am eating a banana on a roll for tea, how bad is that. I can't be buggared cooking or making anything and it will more than likely come back out soon anyway.

I hope all mummies have good nights with their babies. Here's hoping that tomorrow is a better one

shell_bell - hey they are the times Chrissie wakes up too!!...

trish - thanks!..... now she is fed and wide awake in my arms!!..... hmmmm that's only happened once before!....

alicia - yeah i live in avondale heights....how about you?

Well Abbey's sleep was short lived. Perhaps 30 minutes. She is awake and at it again. I hope she gets the idea of sleep sometime soon tonight.

Sleepy vibes to all those non sleeping babies.

yep I have a non sleeper here as well, well she did sleep for about an hour after her needles but since then she has been grumpy, thankgod Maria was at childcare today. DH was also working from home today and as much as he tries Sofia just will not settle in his arms, very frustrating for both mummy and daddy.

I have booked a date for Sofia's christening for the 23rd February, another good ole Greek orthodox dunkings, shouldn't joke Maria's christening was lovely.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast