Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #2

Talk about stating the obvious hey. Well Abbey has been bathed and is feeding yet again. I have a load of her clothes in the machine just about done and it has started to rain !!

LOL Liz at Tallon, Abbey has decided she doesn't like her dummy, damn it. She sucks, gags then spews with it. Tehya will steal it if she gets a chance though.

I am going to just put her in bed after this boob and see if she will settle. Something has got to work... right ????

way to go Tallon... Gotta love siblings...

Jacob was just playing with Olivia.. Stepping over her.. I don't think so Mister

Maria tries the put the dummy in and outas well, she is soo quick.

WEll miss Sofia has now gone nearly 2 days without pooing, anyone want to change the next nappy?

Lousie: Think I will pass Olivia does the poos up the back once a day at the moment as it is.. Plus all the other poos in between

Well after saying yesterday I get no smiles.. I said to Olivia. Reward me with at least one tiny smile for dealing with you the last couple nights and she did lol.. only very slight but still

We've had a few smiles.. altho according to her corrected age.. we shouldn't really! hehe.

First one was while i was washing her hair.. little monkey thought that was quite nice I think! Nana claims to have had a couple of smiles too I love how the whole face lights up tho.. even tho it's a funny open mouth smile.

when should smiles be here

I think it's around 5-6 weeks. But it can depend on what you call a smile too LOL. One nurse told me her daughter came out smiling. I think Tallon gave us his first real smile around 5 weeks. I can't remember. (I didn't even record all his firsts anywhere.. altho if I read the baby buddy archives I could probably find out LOL)

I reckon this whole corrected age thing is a bit of a crock. What if her 'real' EDD was at 37 weeks like Tallon? That's full term. So her corrected age could well be 6 weeks already.

How's Sofia going.. any reaction to the needles? Kayla seems fine. I totally forgot about the new one for that tummy bug. I was suprised when they brought an oral vax over for her to have hehe (informed mother that I am )

PMSL is that the rotavirus one Liz ?? I have heard to be extra careful with their poo nappies after that shot. Apparently the virus is in the poo or something like that. It's toxic waste !!

Not sure how it works really with the whole corrected age. If they can do their needles at the birth age then why not everything else ?

Louise, that nappy is going to be agood one. Make sure your DH gets it

Guess I should go and see if I can manage a shower while the "princess" is asleep. Hopefully she will be down for a few hours now, oh.... that would be so nice. Is it ok to lock a nearly 3 year old out the back yard ??

Nic, Tehya tries to walk around and over Abbey too. Scares the hell out of me. Already on the day she was born Tehya fell onto her. If I thought she had to grow up tough poor Abbey is going to have to be a strong one too.

Is the rota virus one compulsary now??

Olivia just had her first bath in the big bath and I actually managed a morning shwer with all 4 kids awake Maybe sleep deprivation has it advantages.. I keep moving so I don't fall asleep

Off to do some housework......(maybe)

I guess it is Nic LOL. Yeah, it's a live virus, so have to wash hands etc after nappy changes for a few weeks. I wash my hands anyway! All the more reason why I should get back into cloth nappies.. so the virus goes through the sewers instead of into landfill!

I'm the same! When I'm sleep deprived.. for some reason I accomplish so much! hehe. Unlike today - I had a good amount of sleep.. and I'm STILL bludging on BB. I should be cleaning the house and getting food ready!!

Hi Everyone,

I am not going to try to respond to the mountain of posts over the last couple of days. Looks like most of us are having issues with bubs that are not settling. I am finding it so hard to be able to put Loren down. She just is not happy in her bouncer.She is sleeping well through the day and not through the night much at all. Last night it took me from 9pm till 2am to settle her and then she was awake tevery hour with wind or hunger. I still haven't got her to sleep and it is 9.30am!!!

I have been using infants friend every few hours and that seems to help a bit. Also after nearly every feed she is chucking up and screaming in high pitch. I m being to think my milk is not agreeing with her. I have all chocolate up in an effort to reduce wind, next thing to go is one coffe per day.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Trish - What sling do u use. I think I am going to have to wear this bub just so that I can function !!!!!

Wow what a chatty morning.

Rory - Highpoint one day sounds great. If we go on a Wed, Thurs or Fri I can get DH to drop me off as he is only going to be working Mon, Tues for the next month as I still need some looking after. But I am sure I can manage lunch out :-)

Well crappy day here. We have termites in a wall in our kitchen so the exterminators are here today to take out the wall and kill them. We have to leave the house for 6-8 hours (going to friends place) and then when we get back we will not have a wall in the kitchen. Can you tell I am thrilled at the prospect of the mess and hassle at the moment?

Nic - We had another bad night with Olivia too. She was up til 1am then awake again at 4:30am and pretty much awake since then. Guess she wont sleep much today either, seeing as we will be out.

Bek - that could be a bit of reflux? I wouldn't think it's your milk But what you're going through is what we were going through (except for the chucking) just a week or so ago. DH took a shift with her at night when she wouldn't settle, he'd have her on his chest while he stayed up and played xbox for a few hours It seems to have eased up, the wind has settled, she still farts a lot, but it doesn't seem to distress her as much, now we just have a bit of reflux, but even that doesn't seem too bad atm. Hang in there, I'm sure it'll pass soon and she'll be sleeping a bit better soon.

I got the lounge cleaned, dishes done.. A letter written up for DH and emailed to him at work Olivia is asleep next to me..

I worked out how to get her to settle ( this time) she is on her tummy..

Bek: I hope Loren starts settling soon.. It is so tiring.. I whipped out the good old Infants Friend last night too. I don't know if it worked or not though

Alicia: I hope the mess in your kitchen doesn't drive you to insane. I can't say I would cope to well with that sort of thing at the moment.. seeing as the kids toys are driving me batty.. darn Xmas

Liz - I think Loren has a bit or reflux. After a feed she often gages and screams. I will ask my health nurse about it on Tuesday.

Nic - I hear you on the toy issue!!! I tidy my house every night and put all toys away and by 9am the next morning it looks like a toy bomb has hit the place.

Best go thought I had Loren off to sleep but she is crying again.

Toys and food crumbs.. why oh why.. I ask them to sit down and eat but they just don't listen.. then I have to resweep or vac the floor..

Our dining table is still downstairs as we used it at Xmas time.. We are bringing it back up tomorrow We have been a bit slack but also most of our meals have been outside so we haven't needed it till now...

Oops just remembered gotta go get somethingout for tea

Man oh man chatty bunch in here of late I have no chance of catching up with everyones posts except for what I can relate too and is stuck in my head.

Trish - It must be a kid thing of all ages to do that my 7 year old will scream out at the top of her lungs Olivia is crying mum, mum Olivia is crying hurry up and come get her until I want to throttle her as her telling me that is more annoying than Olivia crying.

The weather has cooled down so much today to the point of needing a jumper outside....makes a change of temps in the 40's

Ok rest of this will be short Olivia woke up and wants feeding so she is currently attached to me once again

BBL

wow what a weather change.. It is hot here now AC is on and we are watching a movie lol

Olivia slept nearly 2 hours on her tummy

and here she goes... BBL

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast