Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #26

HELLO EVERYONE!

Have FINALLY got the internet at home so i shall be posting quite regularly now (i hope)!

Good to see that you are all doing great and i am so jealous of all the new babies that have been born. 2 of my SIL's have just announced their pregnant and im gettting wayyyyyyy too clucky so have decided to bring out TTC #2 forward. I think. Still not 100% sure haha

Anyway, i have read that some of you have moved your toddlers into big beds - i have bought summers tho arent going to set it up till we move to our new house in April. JUst wondering though - are your kiddies using pillows??? Summer seems to have taken a keen interest to lying on our bed with her head on a pillow ... is it too early to give her 1?

Hi Nikki, Monique has been using a little pillow for a while now. One day she decided that she wanted to use one and during the night she alternates between pillow and flat on the mattress.

Buzzie - a date, how exciting. I hope it all goes well.

Hello everyone. Just a quick pop in as I must go and do some things before missy wakes up for a feed. I am feeling soooo lazy today.

Hi Nikki and Tinsel

No pillows here as yet. Olivia doesn't seem interested really. I really need to move her to a bed because she can now climb out of her bed (more easily when Jacob lowers the cot side first thing in the morning lol)

Hoping to do that this weekend. Just hope she doesn't go back to crap sleep..

Today was my little mans (ds2) birthday. I can't believe he is 6 now, I keep thinking of all the events surrounding his birth.. Some were very sad and scary. but bringing him home finally was such a nice feeling ..

anyways all my kidlets are in bed. Simon on night shift.. I am going to try get an early night. Im buggered lol

oh and I get another year OLDER on sunday haha. 33 I can't believe I am so old

Nic - wow i cant belive Olivia can climb out of her cot already! Summer must be so uncoordinated haha

Tinsel - Yeah good idea on the little pillow. Might have to invest in one and see how she goes. Her sleeping has been a little disrupted as of late, and i was wondering if that might have been why.

Oh oh oh grand final footy show on tonight! CANT WAIT!!

Oh no summer isn't uncoordinated. I just gave birth to a monkey is all she climbs every darn thing.. Tables, Chairs, tops of couches.. the highest slide she can find haha.. and now the cot is her latest thing to conquer

oh and Olivia is most excited. she learnt to somersault today

I hear you Nic - Fia likes 6 foot ladders as well

oh Scary Louise!! lol. What is it with these girls. I was never kept on my toes as much as I am with Olivia. she gets into everything as well. The boys never did this well not as much.

I have a little monkey here as well.

Olivia is using a little flat pillow because she became obsessed with ours a little while ago. Plus seeing as she is sleeping on the floor (refuses to sleep in her bed still) I feel like the pillow is a little added softness.

My little monkey is such a chatterbox now too. She is copying everything we say and can then use most words correctly straight away - I have to say I am very impressed by how quickly toddlers pick up things! Unfortunately now that she has a good vocab she is extra bossy and demanding

Nic - Lol at your monkey. I should be glad i dont have a visitor to my bed everynight (thats what Summer would do if she could climb out!!!)

Well, while some of you may have monkeys and acrobats i have a carpet layer My parents own a Carpet Court shop and Sum likes to 'help' them whenever we visit. She rolls up huge, big pieces of carpet! Unbelievable!! She has now started rolling up any carpeted mats i have on my floor at home. I must admit, she does a really reasonable job haha

Alicia - I cant believe Olivia sleeps on the floor!! Must hurt!

Grrr, i have a little piddle pot on my hands. Everytime Summer gets out of the Shower (while im off getting her clothes) she climbs into my bed and 1 out of 3 times she pees in it!! I very firmly told her no more and she hasnt done it since hmph

oh my goodness. Monique has now done 3 poos on the potty and I don't think I'm ready for toilet training LOL.

Is it normal for a toddler to recognise doing poos on the potty before doing wees? We haven't had any wees on the potty yet.

I'm off to read up on toilet training but if anyone has any tips - please share!

Nikki - how funny that you have a little carpet roller. Just on the pillow, when Monique slept in the bed with me she would always roll over to lay on my pillow so we got her a toddler flat pillow from Big W I think and when she moved to her toddler bed, I got her a growbag sheet set that has a pillowcase sewn in to the sheet so it can't move around but if I move it right over to one side, she still has a flat spot on the other side if she doesn't want to lye on it. The duvet/sheet is pretty cool as it zips up so she can't fall out and I don't wake up every hour to check that she is under the blankets. Was worth the money just for that

alicia - Monique repeats everything we say too. We are always amazed at how quickly her development has 'suddenly' become. The extra bossy and demanding part doesn't sound good! Monique isn't that good yet.

Nic - how cute with the somersaults. We have a climber here too but luckily not as adventurous.

Tinsel - yay monique!!
    Ash is using the toliet now.. finally got him a step and seat. Did his first poo yesterday! i was so excited LOL was funny as.

Nikki - Ash has a pillow, just a thin ish one but he seems to like it.

I know i have posted on facebook, but anyone who doesnt know im in the process of writting a book with womens birth stories. Anyone happy to share theres i would LOVE to have some sent to me, or if you know anyone willing please give then my email address [email protected]!
    Its going to be fantasic! Very excited about this. Thanks everyone already giving me theres, BTW if you have already done one on bellybelly i can just use that if you dont want to type up a new one. Its all still on here. thankyou again~

Well Hello Hello all.. gosh we sure have gone quiet haven't we

Whats new with us... Lets see. i no longer have a sweet toddler girl.. Suddenly she has turned into a 13yr old with serious attitude haha.. (not all the time)

her latest feats are
    * Somersaults
    * Front Flips off the couch (scary for mummy)
    * So many new words.
    * Can very clearly ask for a drink and be very specific about what drink and whether the water is to be tap water or cold water (haha)
    * Demands dinner (lol)
    * is slowly overcoming her fear of the cats (dogs she is stil scared of)

there are so many more things. I love that she is still cuddled off to sleep everynight. She chooses Mummy or Daddy now which is good which means I get a break from it. and I swear there is nothing sweeter then watching her fall asleep on Daddy's lap and watching his face.. just awww..

Day time sleeps are a pain cus I keep falling asleep with her lol. We go and lay on my bed either me or Dh and either one of us will fall asleep. Today I managed to wake myselfup after only 20 mins haha. Usually its 2 hours. not so bad if Simon is home but if he isn't then it isn't such a good thing lol.

I had to go to the Drs this week as I have been getting dizzy spells and had this yucky lump feeling in my throat . she ended up sending me for a blood test so will get those results Friday. funnily enough I have felt 100% well ever since going to the Dr so go figure

So come on and share your update with me

hope you are ok Nic

I am sure I will be fine. I have a feeling it is simply a case of not enough sleep and way to many long hot days..

Olivia just gave me a 4 word sentence this afternoon Jacob bike smack bum LOL.. I had called out to him to get his bike from down the back yard and put it away so Olivia took it upon herself to tell him off

Jacob Bike Smack bum haha.. Was pretty funny at the time

Well I took the cot down .. I got sick of Olivia climbing in and out all day long.. So spur of the moment decision and down it came.. toddler bed all set up and she even had her day sleep on there

Fingers crossed tonight goes well

ooooh Nic, I hope Olivia sleeps in her bed tonight. It took Monique a little while to transition (from my bed to her bed) but she can actually climb into it now which is great and she looks so cute in her little toddler bed. It's great that she had her day sleep there.

Buzzie - I don't think you have posted with details of your date. How did it go?

How is the book going? I forgot about it until I just read your post again. Is there a deadline for stories to be sent to you?

Hi everyone.
    Nic - How did olivia sleep in her big bed?? Did u get ur doctors results yet?

Tinsel - no dead line, i have one friend due in jan who wants in so i will wait.
    As for the date, well it was nice and we are catching up again for lunch tomorrow (sun) but i dont thinks hes the one... the first date was sorta a blur so i think ill make my mind up tomorrow...

Hope everyones well.. Ash has been so on and off these last couple weeks.. had a nasty viral infection and had to have my first sick day from work as he couldnt go to childcare, but that was ok.

Hope all the new bubs are doing well too

Dr results.. all fine.. must have been a virus hanging around..

Olivia doing brilliantly in her big bed. Only woken once during the night. that was her first night and we didn't even hear her. We just woke up to her next to us in bed day sleeps are good to. she goes and lays down andI rub her back or pat her bum and she just goes right to sleep

Lauren: I know I read about your book.. What sort of things did you want again?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast