Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #5

ok baby screaming again!!

bindy - cool!.... sometimes i want to put her on formula too!! like today.....i'm so tired of hanging the boob out!!

ok.. we've settled down again but still now sleep!! that's from 12-now!! with only 5min here and there!!! arg! not good!!

Rory - 4th sounds ok.

Well as if me still being laid up isn't enough DH had to go to emergency room last night with stomach pain and had his appendix taken out this morning! Now neither of us is supposed to lift things, etc - gonna be tricky round here the next few days! MIL here at the moment.

alicia
    - OMG!!!! you poor thing.. hope DH gets better soon!!! how long is he in hossy for??

~Belinda~ Guest

Haroula, I really hope Chrissie eases up soon for you! They have days like that!!

thanks

she ate 130ml and DH swaddled her, we put her in the bassinet awake, and she's been asleep since 7pm!!!! woohooooooooo hope she is so tired she doesn't wake up until 3am!!!

hope everyone has a good night!

xxx

Vic.... sorry to hear you've got moving issues to contend with right now - any extra stress is all too much, i hear you! I HATE moving, its so exhausting and stressful and makan tenaga dan jiwanya (sorry, cant translate but you get the drift). but if resistance is futile, there's sure to be some great benefits as a result. at the very least, you'll be rid of the things that **** you off (ie the hated front gate or noisy neighbour's dog). uncertainty is definately stressful, i'd spin out too if my dh said he was gonna quit his job. but it will all be ok, somehow, it always works out good, and you cant even guess how good because the world is unfathomable.

nic- that hayfever sounds crap - poor you. as if life isn't tricky enough without that.

alicia - omg your house is in turmoil - what bad timing poor dh! i hope your MIL is helpful not hellfull.

ok here's my rant: today olly got his little face smashed up on the bus! The saddest thing is he LOVED the bus until now, now he?s scared of it (and so am I!). it was an old style bus that isn't wheelchair or pram friendly (down right unfriendly). To get on i had to let olly out of his pram, he went on and found a seat. then the fat bloated obese driver just sat there as i struggled to fold the pram with a newborn strapped to my chest
    it's an impossibly big heavy pram so i couldn't lift it, a granny came and helped and together we got it thru the door, up the steps and into the aisle. But there's no space for luggage and the aisles really narrow so we had to drag it bump it into the passengers all the way to the back and then drag/hoist it up into a seat (really difficult even if you don't have a baby on your chest) at which point the bus takes off, olly falls off his seat (i'm still in the aisle, 2 meters from him, trying to get there) and he fell face first into the floor/step
    and comes up screaming with blood spitting everywhere! i run to him screaming and crying too, grab him in a hug with mylo squished in between us and continue screaming everytime i look at his face. His lip swelled up 3 times the size instantly. So I?m on the floor holding olly, screaming hysterically, i cant stop crying, a couple of women come to help, including the granny, to help calm me down and make sure i dont squash mylo in my panic. They get us to a seat and put a tissue to olly?s face, there?s.blood everywhere, they ask where I want to get off the bus because I?ve lost all concept of where I am. All I know is my baby is hurt and my heart is breaking. Luckily mylo is ok, sleeping like a baby in his baby byorn. we get off the bus at the drs clinic and ask to be seen, crying the whole time and causing a scene in the waiting room. The Dr sees us quick and gives anti biotics and reassurance that it'll heal ok. After that I took him to daycare (walking distance from dr) but then i wasn;t brave to get another old style bus as I still had mylo in the pram, so how do I get home? i waited at bus stops 3 times but not one bus was pram friendly so i refused to get on. i ended up walking home (2 hrs in the midday heat, no hat or sunnies) and now i'm sunburnt and even more exhausted than usual. Today was sposed to be my one day a week to get a break and catch up on sleep. poor olly, his face is still grossly swollen (this happened this morning).
    Last edited by xtml; January 24th, 2008 at 08:19 PM.

xtml: huge hugs :hugs: I hate seeing my babies hurt too. I would ring and complain about that bus driver.. I hope you are both recovering well Olly with his face and you from having a not so nice mummy moment

Lauren: Good on you.. Glad Ash was such a good boy too.. and you are right.. just get on with what you are doing.. The looks I got today sheesh lol.. Olivia wanted a feed and my norty boys took off to the toy aisle and DH was in the checkout line and I had to go find them which looked bad to begin with cus here I am screaming baby calling out Ethan Isaac where are you? boy they got in some serious trouble..... as for the head. Olivia is pretty much there already but she spend sooooo much time on her tummy it isn't funny

Haroula: I can't take antihistamines anyways.. one the drowsy ones make me sleep for 2 days! and well I have been pregnant or breastfeeding now for OLY I just worked it out.. December 2004 I fell pregnant with Jacob and I stopped Bf him when I was 10 weeks preg with Olivia.. and wow just worked this out too.. I was preg wit Isaac in Jan 2003 and I bf him till he was 10 months then I was preg again.. unfort lost that baby but 2 months later fell pregnant with Jacob.. so since January 2003 I have only had 2 months where my body was mine that was longer then I expected haha

oh and hugs on the screaming baby.. Trust me I understand..

Alicia: oh so many healing vibes being sent your way.. I hope your DH gets better soon.. I hope your MIL is a great help...

Good afternoon here.. We went shopping Olivia was really good.. I have her sit upright in her sling now and she was happy..Actually the first shop both her and Jacob were asleep so Dh stayed in the car with the kids and Isaac and I went and looked around.. that was nice to have some one on one time..

I bought Olivia some clothes off ebay .. o I need to stay away!! but omg they are so cute.. Will load the pics soon hehe.. Little almost hot pink shorts and these gorgeous denim jeans.. *melts* I am so bad haha....

Well thats about it from me really.. Olivia went to bed at 8 again but thats ok cus when she wakes at 1:30 I have a show I like to watch on .. way better then the infomercials at 3am.

xtml - That is awful!!! Are you going to put in a complaint? I would and I am not the kind of person to do that much. I hope poor little Olly is feeling better in the morning.

Haroula - DH is coming home tomorrow afternoon (maybe) but will be in bed here then for a day.

MIL is being quite helpful but refuses to drive our car (a nice brand new automatic volvo) and seeing as I still can't drive the logistics today of getting to and from the hospital was a nightmare. My sister had to come here this morning before work and drive me and Olivia to the hospital in our car then drive it back here to pick up her car. Then coz MIL refused to come and pick us up in the car with the capsule I had to bring Livi home mid-afternoon in a taxi without a baby seat which totally freaked me out! I had to just take the bassinette attachment off the pram and put it on the back seat, it felt really wrong and like I was a terrible parent, I was so nervous the whole way home. But I had to come home then for my nurse appointment to change my dressing so there was no choice. When we went back to hospital tonight to visit my sister came here and drove us again.
    On the plus side Olivia was an absolute angel all day which was fabulous. I fed her breakfast in the canteen at the hospital then she just ate and slept all day (about 7 hours) while we went from waiting area to waiting area until Rob was allocated a bed. She really was wonderful, not sure what I would have done if she had been crying a lot as I was stressed enough today.

Anyway that turned into a long story - sorry. Off to bed now. Only got about 3 hours sleep last night (because of worrying) so pretty tired now. Hope all the bubs sleep soundly tonight.

Alicia: why won't your MIL drive your car? Is she from Melbourne? I guess if she isn't then I can understand as she might be nervous.. I feel for you having to go in the taxi.. I was in the same predicament the other day when my pram wheel fell off but being a small town there aren't many taxis around so I had little choice but to walk... and not sire but for future issues like that I am sure in a big city like Melb you can request a taxi with a baby seat? not sure tho

Grrr Olivia sleeping soundly but I am still up! Think I am over tired now, maybe I can cry like the bubs do ;-)

Nic - Apparently taxis do not need to supply child seats, you are supposed to supply your own and then lug the thing around with you?!?!?!
    MIL supposedly had a 'bad experience' once with an automatic car and now refuses to drive one! I tell you I very nearly lost it when she refused to drive it today.

really!! taxis need to change something!! at MIL I hope you managed to get some decent sleep

Alicia- You poor thing, and poor DH. I had my appendix out when I was 21, not the most pleasant thing ever, I hoep he make s a speedy recovery.

Haroula- Poor thing on the unsettled baby, we go through that most afternoons with Liam at the moment, but luckily it is when DH is home and can help me. I just wanted to say as well dont worry about picking up your crying babies, they dont learn to manipulate us untill they are at least 1.

Lara- Poor Ollie, I hope he makes a speedy recovery- he can be twins with Tori she has a fat lip too at the moment. I would also make a complaint, it is unacceptable for a bus driver to take no consideration for the safety of his passengers. Luckily there are still some good people in the world who came to help you, have you noticed that quite often it is the less capable ie. old lady that lend a hand.

Bindy- Wow what a great weight gain, can you believe how quickly they start to grow?

Getting baby to sleep- Girls i just wanted to say from my personal experience not to worry too much about how you get baby to sleep in these early days, I rocked Tori to sleep until she was about 4 months old and then 1 day she decided she didnt want to be rocked anymore and went down in her cot and off to sleep, and hs never let me rock her to sleep since. If they settle in their bassinette that is awesome, but dont feel bad about picking them up if they wont settle.

Not much on here for the next few days, just trying to get some sorting out done in the house and get ourselves organised to go away next week.

ali alicia nic and everyone - thanks for your sympathy re olly and the bus. i have put in two complaints - one that the old buses are dangerous and the other that my son was injured on a bus trip. i don't know if it'll fall on the driver's head tho. they will contact me in 5 working days so we'll see. i realised in my rant i called the driver some nasty things because i was so mad, but i had no right to use his size as an insult and apologize for being sizist! i should've picked on his behaviour which was unacceptable, i think there'd be a rule about waiting for children to be safely seated before accelerating at warp speed- and in the case of a 2 yo that'd be waiting for the adult to be sitting with him. as for the baby - if i'd falled and hurt mylo... i cant' even think about it. thank god for the women who helped. my friend once had to take the bus with new born and toddler, same situation, and the only person who'd help was a homeless woman drinking beer in the gutter. all the able-bodied young people onthe bus just pretend they cant see us.

mylo kept me and dh awake most of the night, i don't know what the problem was, too much milk, not enough milk, wind, tiredness, awakeness- i don't think he knew either. he eventually slept next to me in the bed (i fell asleep feeding) and i dreamt he was off playing in the traffic (such is my fear of him falling out or getting squished/ smothered in our too small bed). DH is happy to sleep on the floor if mylo needs the bed, but one of us needs to be awake to arrange it.

alicia - hope rob recovers soon and ur doing ok with ur MIL!

xtml - glad u put in a complaint. i would of said the same stuff as u if it happened to me! u cant help heat of the moment comments, and im sure he didnt get up cos he was too overweight. (sorry, that made me angry, i hate bus drivers)

well my little man is starting to turn into a big boofa! hes now wearing 00 clothes! i had to go buy all new outfits today.. and hes only 4weeks LOL
    Anyone else at 00 yet??????

What a rotten day yesterday was for so many people. I think the universe was conspiring against the December mummies.

Alicia - flippin' heck, you are having a rough trot, I hope that hubby recovers quickly and that your 'transport issues' get resolved. I had the opposite problem in that I didn't want my MIL going anywhere near my new car (especially if it was carrying my new son!) as she is not the greatest driver, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings by saying so!

Haroula - we could have had twins yesterday. Talk about Mr Unsettled - he woke up every time we put him down yesterday and finally got to sleep after 1:00am. Then woke at 7:00 so mummy's a little tired today. Bet you are too hon, hope you have a better day today.

Xtml: oh you poor love, and poor little Olly. That bus driver should not only be sacked, but be put into a giant cage thingi (you know the ones that they shake bingo balls in, well a really big one of those) with a whole bunch of hard metal objects and shaken about really really hard until he understands what it is like. I hope your sunburn heals up nice and quickly too. Sorry to hear that Mylo had a rough night - it's hard when they're unsettled but they don't even seem to know why...

Nic - yay on the good shopping trip - I'm glad that Olivia likes being upright in the sling! What's with these babies that want to be continually upright?

Ali - I agree with you on the 'whatever works' sleep method in the early days - there seems to be a lot of midwives/MCHNs who suggest a settling method for newborns that is borderline controlled crying - regardless of whether it is a method that people agree with or not it is not recommended before 6 months anyway. I had a home visit MCHN who wanted me to leave Euan to cry for a while when he woke up after one sleep cycle - he was working up to full throttle and it wasn't bl**dy likely he was going to calm down on his own! Some babies do self settle from newborn, but a lot don't and need a little help to get to sleep - look at all the adult insomniacs in the world, why should babies be any different!?! And if anybody says that I am creating a rod for my own back by carrying him to sleep, I just say 'good, the rod will give me extra back support'!

Buzzie - you do have a boofa!! We are in some 00s and some 000 still fit him, but truth be told I'm not sure anymore because it's too hot for clothes - he's just been in nappies for the last week!

Gotta go - grocery shopping to do! Hi to all those I've missed!

hi ladies,

just quickly while Chrissie is quiet and on her play mat!! Looks like today is another day like yesterday!! she just wont sleep after 12!! I dunno why! She's fed changed and as soon as she falls asleep and i put her in her cradle... she wakes up after 5min screaming!!! arg!! and it starts all over again! at least now she's settled with her toys...! no sleep though.. is this going to be her "awake" time now..??! what do you guys think?! isn't she too young to be awake for so long?..
    What does everyone think??

Lara
    - That's terrible about the bus and Olly!!!!

ohh,... she's starting to call me....hmmmmmm how long can i stretch it out!!??

alicia - OMG with your MIL and driving an auto! geee!!! she doesn't have to buy the car!...my aunty is the same though, will not drive an auto!

OK started this at 2:53..... now it's 3:32... lets try finishing it!!

nic - hahaha WOW that's a long time to "not have your body".... i'm starting to already feel like i've been PG/feeding forever!!

Ali
    - hope you have a nice peaceful weekend and get to do all your jobs around the house! Lately i've only been able to do stuff in the morning when she's sleeping!... afternoons are out!

Lauren
    - Chrissie is moving into 000 now!! WOW! 00..hehe that was quick! i thought they took 3 months to get to that!?

suse
    - sorry to hear you had a similar day....

oh no she's up again!!! i'm never going to finish this post!!!

Lara that is so awful about your lil man! And Alicia - now 2 sickies in the house!!

better be quick - I have spent all arvo on the PC booking a cruise for my mum - how nice does this sounds - 14 nights cruising Fiji, Vanuatu and New Caledonia! I can't believe she is actually going!!

howdy to everyone !! better go unpack my mountains of shopping from this morning's trip.

(PS: lock in 4 Februrary Melbourne girls - I will PM you all meet up time/place. Just to confirm so far the yesses are me, Buzzie, haroula and alicia?)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast