Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #5

the 4th Feb sounds good to me~!!!

I can't imagine what it would be like to put a baby in a bassinett, awake, & have them fall asleep there & not cry the house down.... I wish I could get Scally to sleep without patting/rocking/feeding but alas, I cannot.

XTML, your bus trip was hideous, you poor thing!! (& poor Olly) Scally & I had a quick trip on the bus today in to the post office, a quick whirl around woolies & back on the bus & she was a dream... just started to scream her lungs out as we were coming in the door. The lady at the post office even commented "What a good baby!" as she was asleep in the HAB... first & last time anyone'll say that about her lol.

Haroula, Scally is like that, after waking up anywhere from 12 to 1 she wont' go down until her long sleep at 6, 'cept for yesterday when she slept in the HAB through that normal awake/screaming time then was awake/screaming from 7 to 12 or 12.30.... I know which I'd preffer...

Uh oh, gotta go.....

H & QM- We have had one of those days today as well, from 7am when he woke untill about 1ish Liam would not stay asleep, I got him to sleep aout 4 or 5 times but everytime I went to put him down he would wake within 15 mins. When DH got home from work at lunch time I just took liam to bed and fed him in bed, then lay down with him, everytime he opened his eyes I would put my finger in the middle of his forehead and he would drift back off.
    He did a MEGA poo this morning though and I wonder if that unsettled him?

Anyway better go.

Ali/QM - growth spurt maybe..?? i know they go through one at 2 week ish and one at 4 weeks..!?!?!

Suse: Beats me! I guess they like to see the world lol. the friend who leant me the sling came and showed me how to use it again and i have her semi laying down. I think my big bosoms make it hard lol.. damn boobies

Haroula: How long was Chrissy awake for? Olivia started having longer then 1 hour around the 3 week mark.. Now se can be awake for up to 2 hours but if any longer she is foul!!

Rory: What an awesome sounding trip.. I would so love a holiday like that right now

Hi to everyone else

Been a nice day here.. Redid our bedroom and put Olivias cradle in a better spot.. and shock horror actually folded my 3 baskets of washing and hung 2 loads on the line now dh is mowing and I am sitting in the AC cooling off while my little princess sleeps.. She has been wonderful today. She lay on te floor in my room on my pillow while I cleaned and vacced around her..

ooo I can't believe I forgot.. We got a LAUGH.. Simon was cuddling her and playing and she grinned the biggest grin and made a proper chuckle sound.. no doubting it..

Rory - Count me in for the 4th.

Nic - That is so cute about the laugh. We are getting much more regular smiles now which is fab. I am sure she knows exactly what I am saying sometimes as this afternoon I said to her 'You always wake up just as I am about to nap or eat' and she gave me the cheekiest grin ever!

Pretty good day here (sorry to all the mummies having bad days). Olivia has been a little clingy but it is probably the disruption getting to her. She is now asleep in her bassinette though and has been in there for 2 hours. Hoping she just wakes up for dinner later and goes straight back down *fingers crossed*
    DH was discharged from the hospital this morning and is feeling pretty sore and sorry for himself but is ok. We compared scars and I still kick butt LOL. Gotta go MIL calling that dinner is ready...

ill be there! cant wait

Hi Ladies,

Had an ok day here too. We will see how the night pans out!!! I think Loren has reflux. My doc told me to wait another 6wks and then she'll consider meds!!! WTF I need more than 3 hours sleep a night now. I am going to get an second opinion.

Well I took time to have a look at myself today...Oh hear I need a panel beater!!! I have a spare tyre and extra hail damage!!!

Went shopping with Loren all day today. She slept the whole day and I actually got my hair cut.

Interesting bit of information. I spoke with a naturapath today and she recommend a probiotic for Loren to help reduce colic. I started using one weeks ago but got lazy and stopped. The naturapath told me to give her 2 heaps scoops of the powder twice a day and see if her wind issue is reduced.

Best go Loren screaming...here we go, I'll be up till midnight or beyond

bekz - let me know how the probiotic goes, i was reckomended one too, intrested to know how good it is. what one are u gonna give her?

morning ladies...

just lost my reply.... ! gee sometimes i hate computers.... just shut down for no reason!! darn it! anyway....

had a great night, went down at 10:30 and slept until 4ish!!! WOOHOOO!!!...and even then i HAD to feed her.. i kinda woke her up.... cause i was going to burst! AND i leaked everywhere,. thought Chrissie wee'd everywhere but it was me!!

nic - she stays awake for at least 2 hrs!! she's already been awake for an hr this morning... at the moment she's on her activity mat kicking legs and arms everywhere!! LOL.....ohh i jut saw a yawn.... i wonder if she will fall asleep on her own..?!?!

BekZ - well i have a spare tyre too and hail damage!! waiting for 6 week check up to get the go ahead! I'm lucky i only put on 4.5kg when PG ad have now lost 12kg in total.... but still flabby!

and i've discovered i dont like any of my old tops pre PG.. i'm finding them too tight!! i think i got used to wearing looser clothes while PG! and now i can't find anything to wear!

ok i better go try gt this one to sleep, she is starting to look over stimulated!!! hehehe

Last night was not a good night for sleeping here. DH's first night home from hospital so we were hoping Olivia would sleep soundly and she did but from 5pm-11pm and then was awake for food. Then because she had already had a big sleep she woke up at 3:30 and was a bit chatting and grizzley from then on :-( Hopefully tonight will be a little better.

Lauren - I can't believe Ash is already in 00! Olivia still fits into 000 comfortably, she just has long legs. How much does Ash weigh now?

Haroula - We posted at the same time :-) I agree I got used to the more comfy clothing. Luckily lots of the stuff I wore while pregnant wasn't maternity stuff, just stuff in a bigger size so I can still wear it now without looking silly. Actually I am wearing one of the tops now.

Why is it when one baby sleeps well the other has a bad night. Liam slept like and Angel from 9:30-3 and then again from 3:20-7 but Tori woke up at 1am and it was after 4am when I finally got her back to bed. I feel so bad for my DH as he tries so hard to get Tori back to bed, but unfortunatley she just cries for me.

Clothes- I soooooooo hear ya on having nothing to wear. I think I have a total of 4 different combination of outfits to wear and that is it. I dont really want to spend too much money on clothes because I am hitting the gym after my 6 week check up and next summer I am hoping to be a few sizes smaller.

I managed to get to the shops with Tori on our own this morning, it was really nice to hang out just the 2 of use like we used to. Now I MUST go and clean my house before it because it is rather feral and we have visitors coming this arvo.

alicia - i've been looking at my clothes wondering what i used to wear before!! I can't see anything i like!! so weird!! i fit into most of my pants.. but it's too hot for jeans now and i can't see what i USED to wear!! I am too! Have a maternity singlet on now! LOL

Ali - hmmm hope your nights get better!!! Could Tori be feeling a bit self conscious/jealous of new bub?

H- I actually think Tori is not well, she has had the runs for a couple of days. I also think so sleeps walks because DH found her standing in the middle of the lounge room last night with a toy in her hand, when normally if she wakes in the night she comes into our bedroom.
    I also meant to ask do you swaddle Chrissie for her day naps?

Kristielee Guest

Howdy girls finally get on here this week! Bit to catch up on but I managed....
    Jemma is great went to health nurse yesterday for 2 weeks check up and she put on 320grams in 9 days!! little guts and has grown another 2.5cm since birth so doing fabo so different to Riley he was always under weight probably due to being born 5.11lb and now Jemma is always above average! So very happy and not too bad on the sleeping at night so cant complain

Qmab Oh cool might be moving down this way would be great to catch up if you do!!

Haroula Yes we get the grunting before a feed a night too! and well done chrissy on the weight gain!

Buzzie I jump up way too quick for Jemma too should let her cry but afraid she will wake number 1 child!

Rory Love to meet up but have a bit on the next couple of weeks (riley kinder etc) so Ill go to the next meeting plus highpoint bit far for me at this stage 1hrish drive or more?! So thanks for the invite anyways

Bindy Yeah I am giving Jemma formula twice a day too to give the boobies a rest and get her used to bottle if need to go out to Weddings dinners coming up etc Plus the times I do it other people can feed her then for me usually so works for me! Plus Riley never took to bottle for what seemed like ages so wanted this girl to like it....Dummies are a great tool too!

Ali- Oh no on the sleep walking! Doesnt sound fun

Lara OMG You poor thing and poor Olly hope all gets better and that stupid bus man gets his karma back at him!!

Alicia Oh no your poor Dh and the dramas it is all causing hope all is getting better soon!!

Aussienic How cute on the first chuckle!! Dont forget to write it in the baby book

Ok hello and sorry to all have missed hope all well and will hopefully get back on again soon!
    Going for a quick nap before feed and visitors
    Kristie

Alicia - Ash is 5.44kg and 56cm long, he has just monstered over the sizes of all the babies in mothers group and he's the 'baby' of the group too. its scary to see how big he's gonna keep getting. Neither me or his dad are tall, but some of my family are all about 6ft (+) so maybe he'll take after them.

haroula- Im in a maternity top too! lol i dont know if its depressing cos its all that fits or that its just so damn comfy! lol I used to try to buy nice things, now its all baggy loose stuff and i couldnt give 2 hoots what ppl think. hehe

Hi everyone. I will have to catch up on all the posts later. I have been super busy trying to sell our darn investment property. I HATE IT! Grrr

Summer is now 10 pound 10 ounces!! Yippee! I love the chubbiness. Smiles all round here too. I cant believe its been 7 weeks already. Little scary! Needles next week not looking forward to that. Question: how much has everyone's babies grown in length. Summer has grown 7cm in 7 weeks??? Is that too much? She seems really LONG.

I cannot believe how much sleep i am getting at the moment. Sum goes down at 9.00pm and sleeps through to 3.00am then is up for a feed then goes back to sleep until about 7.30am.
    I havent had a screaming issue with her yet?? I think she sleeps TOO much, maybe that is why she has grown so much?? I am so clueless! I dont need to try to get her off to sleep. I just swaddle her really tight, give her her dummy and put her in her bassinette.

Sorry for the selfish post, i promise to catch up on everyone's posts in the next couple of days!!
    Much love xxx

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast