Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #6

Isn't it great we can take them swimming How did she like it??
    I think you might need anew sig

OMG I have a big mummy brag here. Abbey went to sleep around 9ish last night but woke as soon as I put her down. Typical. So got her back up when she started to cry, gave her more boob and she was back to sleep around 9.30. She woke at 6.30 this morning !! I gave her some boob, and she went straight back to sleep where she still is now. My poor boob's are so full though and I can't wait to get her on them.

Now, if only I could get her to sleep during the day abit more.

I haven't taken Abbey in for a swim yet. Guess it doesn't help that we don't have a pool The public pool is so busy and way too many people go there. Last thing I want to do is scare her.

Had a busy, yet lazy long weekend. Spend Sunday down withthe IL's for DP's brother's memorial lunch. It's been 2 year's since he passed. Was a nice day but I hope they aren't going to do something every year. Hope that doesn't sound harsh.

Woolworths has boxes of Huggies on sale for $29 this week. DP thought he was doing something nice yesterday and grabbed a box of CRAWLERS!! Then he put one on Abbey last night. Yup, came up to her armpits. I made him take it off. We are using MCN too, so I am sure that when Abbey is finally big enough to fit into those nappies they will last ages too.

Trying to get Noah used to going to bed early. He starts school on Thursday so I want to get him into a decent routine to start the year off. DP is the hardest one to change. Noah drags bedtime out something shocking and DP allows it. I have to be the cranky one. Still I got Noah in bed around 8.15 and he has just gotten up. That should work out ok (I hope).

Lauren, thanks for that site. I could have used that a couple of weeks back. Will be sure to check it out.

Nic, I will have to start looking out for sleep cues from Abbey and get her to sleep better of a day time. I would like for one baby to be able to self settle herself.

Better go, Tehya is being a cow. Again !!

WOW awesome sleep!!!

School goes back today so I better move! Ethan is dressed already.. I'm off to do the same..

before I go.. I am sooooo tired this morning. Olivia finaly woke at 9is last night and was back in bed by 10 bu woke at 3 and it was 4:45 before she went back to sleep and that was on me on the couch **yawn**

mylo has pimply rash all over his face/head/ears- its yellow and crusty on his ear lobes... possibly heat rash, i remember olly had something like it too when he was a baby (but we were in Indonesia where it's hotter and more humid). anyone got a solution?

i envy you girls swimming. the logistics of getting the two kids to the public pool and then getting one to sleep so i can take the other in the water.... too hard! unless i had a helper (without kids). we had guests over the weekend - another oz/indo cpl with 4 mth old baby boy... it was nice! us girls did coffee, walks and baby stuff while the boys n olly went to trash n treasure, badminton, and made bbqs.
    dh bought mylo some baby converse at the markets - $5 in the box! will fit in about 1.5 years.

oh yeh i bought myself a heap of new knickers and bras and it feels great! the cotton is so soft and the fit perfect, for those who havent, i totally recommend it as away to reclaim yr body/ get yr sexy back. and big discounts at target meant it wasnt even expemsive. happy me, happy dh!
    Last edited by xtml; January 29th, 2008 at 08:21 AM.

xtml - Good idea re chartimg your food intake. I bought myself new undies 2wks ago and they are so nice to wear. My mat undies were from DD1 so they were really over used...sorry tmi

Morning all,
    Trish -i bought 2 boxes yesterday! saved $24.. nice! lol at DP tho.. the crawlers are pretty big.. i ant believe ash is in them. hehe

xtml - i hear u on buying new undies!! i bought heaps wen i went into hospital and i felt so much better i recovery.. i know in hospitals bit different but its nice to feel decent! hehe

I've got my post natal apt at the hospital today, so they can ask a million questions about parenthood and see if im already completely insane LOL i dont mind going i guess, but if i get that physco woman who was convienced i was crazy during my pregnancy im going to walk out!

hello everyone else..... better go enjoy the quiet whilst its here

Well Another school year started. Ethan at school.. miss him already Olivia a little moody today Wants to be held I think but it is just to hot.. Might need a nap as she was in the car when she usually has her morn nap and fell asleep on the way home and didn't sleep long once we got home.. Wil try shortly to get her down for another nap..

I still haven't gone for my 6 week check.. woops..

And Happy 10 weeks to my baby girl..

Morning ladies....

Chrissie finally went to sleep after waking at 9am for food!! Better go have my shower and eat some brekkie before she wakes up!

bbl!!.... i hope!!

xxx

Hee hee no start to the school year for me this year! Must remember to sms all my teacher friends later and give them a hard time lol

Nic - I would love to take Olivia swimming but can't until my wound is healed. I was planning on taking her to baby swim lessons, which start at about 3-4 months at the pool here, so hopefully by then everything will be right. Glad to hear it makes the bubs sleep so well :-)

Lauren - Ash isn't really in crawlers is he? Olivia is still wearing the newborn nappies. They are just starting to get a bit too tight around her leg now.

Lara - DH bought me a beautiful white satin slip/nightie and supersoft dressing gown for Christmas to 'make me feel special'. I am waiting to wear them when I am all healed and feel normal again, I can't wait.

We had a good night here. Olivia went to sleep at about 11:30 and didn't wake til 6:30. Too bad DH and I were stupid and stayed up til 1am watching a movie.

Happy 10 weeks QLD Olivia and Happy 8 weeks to my VIC Olivia! :-)

Good job on loosing weight girls!!!.. i've lost 14kg since the birth and am 10kg lighter than i was at beginning of PG, i was lucky and only gained 4kg while PG.. although the fat/skin has shifted a bit and am finding my belly has a little bit more to pack into my jeans! well hopefully that flabby belly will start to look better once the exercising starts! here's hoping anyway!

I know how hard it is NOT to buy things for Chrissie!! I try to buy bigger sizes when i can so that i don't have all the same sizes!... but it's hard when you see something CUTE that you want to use NOW!! LOL.... by the way... we have made the transition into 000 now... and they look like they wont last that long either! today i'm going to put Chrissie on the kitchen scales and see how much she weighs!... As for nappies.... they are also getting tight around the legs and the velcro bits are out to the sides now... i've got one more box of newborns, so am hoping i can squeeze her into those before i have to get a bigger size...!

re nappies at Woolies/Safeway - well!! last time i bought the nappies for $29 a box... i bought 3 boxes of the newborn ones... 2 of them had smaller sized nappies in them... with the printing upside down and "different" and one of the boxes was "regular" newborn size.... so i think that they use that price to get rid of "faulty" nappies!! because there was a HUGE difference!...just something to be aware of!

re clothes/underwear - well i'm waiting for this stupid bleeding to stop altogether so i can go buy some nice undies!! I also can't work out what i used to wear LAST summer as i can't find anything to wear!! want to go clothes shopping but am waiting to see if i loose anymore weight... anyway... summer is nearly over i guess, so might just wait it out until autumn/winter...!

We may also be going overseas again this year...( we usually go visit Dh sister and family in Greece in winter..there summer) so i need to know... cause then i would have to buy some summer stuff to fit Chrissie for then and something for me. as when we went last year i was PG and wore maternity clothes!! DH can't make up his mind whether we are going or not! arg!!! poor Chrissie wont have ANY sumer clothes if we DO go!!

We also have to decide on a date for her baptism! arg! DH doesn't want to think about it!..... he's so bad with stuff like that!! My ILs are leaving April/May for Greece again ( they do 6 months here and 6 months there with their daughter) so we have to decide when so they can book their tickets!! Plus organizing the church and a venue for after and invites etc!!! Yes it is a big deal in a Greek family!!

sorry for such a long winded, self absorbed post, but i had to vent that my DH is driving me crazy!!

xxx

Alicia - Ash has been in crawlers for 2 weeks now LOL hes not a fat baby so i dont know where it comes from.... hehe i should be getting a new laptop soon so ill put all my pics on it and start putting them on here

Ive just booked Ash in to have his hands and feet sculptured and framed next week!! yay how exciting!

haroula! they all drive us nuts from time to time.. I am yet to set a date for Olivia's but it was going to be the 15th March but that isn't possible now so unfort it might be end of April. I really wanted it in March tho.. Ours will just be really small.. Just immediate family

Alicia: Happy 8 weeks to Vic Olivia and I think happy 6 weeks to WA Olivia or am I a few days late/early??

Olivia is wearing the Snugglers "up to 8kg" and the huggies "4-6kg"

Now I am loving this new sleep routine but she is only sleeping for an hour at a time.. hopefully she goes down again in an hour for at least 2 hours..

Hi all - Oh what a hideous day I had yesterday...!! (You already know all about it aussienic lol) Let's just say I was in a bit of a state when DP got home & Scarlett had been awake ALL DAY with just naps on my shoulder or while bfing until I tried (how dare I?) to put her down.

Last night was all good however, I'm a big fan of this co-sleeping business.... soooooooo much easier..... I am not saying anything about what she is doing now or what I hope she does because as soon as I do that she wakes up & does the freakin opposite like she is reading my mind or something.... *cue spooky music*

xtml - Sounds great about the new underwear... if only I were brave enough to go to a shopping centre with Miss!! I can make it to Woolworths & a walk in the park, but the nearest shopping centre still seems like it would be quite the ordeal. Good luck on sorting out Mylo's rash.

Haroula - I have still been wearing my mat clothes, but most of them aren't really mat clothes, just roomy ones lol. I feel alot smaller now not being pg but my weight hasn't come down too much which is a suprise as I find I hardly have time to eat lol.

With all this talk of spossies, anybody in here use cloth? (How is it going for you Dayl? I am loving it... Scally has had 1 spossie on her & that was in hossie when some new nurse brought me some when I asked for nappies, expecting her to bring the cloth ones...) I am just using old school terry flats but do have a couple of MCNs, will maybe invest in some more when Scally is a bit bigger, the flats are fine for her atm, I think her huge fluffy butt is cute lol.

Aussienic, I don't envy you having to get Ethan ready for school ontop of everything else...! Was he excited to be going back?

Alicia - what a great sleep Olivia had... when did she start to sleep so long at night?! I know I have quite a while to go lol, would just like something to look forward to...!!

Well, the washing is almost done so I better get ready to hang it out... oh, that's the one annoying thing about cloth nappies... THE DOG KEEPS RIPPING THEM OFF THE LINE!!! Grrr... if she wasn't almost as big as me I'd PIN HER to the clothes line...

BBL... maybe... probably not...

Well after my last post I thought Olivia was awake but nope and is now up to 2 hours being asleep lol. I thought she was awake just now but her arm was stuck out the side of the cradle.. so I think it almost time for the cot... sigh! wrapped a flanny cot sheet around the edges the other night and she topped banging her head but she wiggled down and her arm was hanging out!

QM: he was excited because at 7:30 he got cranky cus I said no he couldn't go to school just yet! I could tell he was nervous when we got there tho. He was talking and talking more then usual.. I so hope he has a good day. I get so nervous for him. not around him but after he is gone kwim? and I have it heaps compared to Trish and Teena.. they have more then one child to get off to school...

Trish: hope today went smoothly for you..

Teena: one week to go woot!!

QM, Both Liz and I use MCN too. Abbey has been in them from birth. Not completely though from day 1, they were too big on her. But now the only time she wears a sposie is if they are all on the line or if DP changes her. We have heaps of them, so it's rare that we run out. And now that Abbey is growing bigger she fits into more of her nappies. Have you been to the cloth nappy thread ? If you think this one is fast that one will blow your mind.

Nic, half your luck with Olivia sleeping so good during the day. I shouldn't say too much Abbey is going quiet good today too, esp after that mammoth effort last night. WooHoo at Ethan being back at school. Noah starts on Thursday. Yeeehaaaa!!!

Haroula, lucky you going on an oversea's holiday again. Keep you eye out on ebay if your going, people still sell summer stuff in winter.

Lauren, I keep forgetting to book Abbey in for the molds. Tehya was done at the baby expo, that isn't until May this year I think and I want her's done sooner. LOL at Ash in his crawlers nappies already. Little chubba bubba. Too cute. Perhaps he's just long ??

Xtml, how nice is it to have new undies. I got myself some after I had Abbey too. Yup, I was still wearing the undies from when Tehya was born

Alicia, YAY for a good night for you hun. I always do that when my babies go to bed early. Never clever enough to follow them. One day I will learn.

What is it with little girls. Teh is constantly pulling clothes out of her drawers and tossing them on the floor, or changing herself a dozen times over. Her room is trashed. It's either that or the bathroom sink that she has discovered she can climb onto the bathtub and reach the taps. Now she's OCD about washing her hands.

I have lost all but 7 or so kgs. Not too bad considering I put on 22kgs, still my thighs rub together and I HATE it.

We were out on Sunday and a friend of DP's brother asked me " When's your next baby due or are you just abit over weight?" Mind you I was holding Abbey at the time. I think I looked like I had my face slapped, it sure felt like it. I just replied "She is 8 weeks old!! And I have 5 bloody kids !!" As you can see I was less than impressed.

Hi guys, just been lurking as I dont have alot of time lately for much of anything (hence why my house looks like the local garbage tip!).

We're ok, could be better. Some days I wonder why I had another one when my first was at the easy and independent stage now, but mostly I just cant wait for this baby stage to be O-V-E-R. Jett completely spoilt us by being an awesome, easy going baby - although Ripley is lovely he is needy and cranky which adds about 10 extra hours onto my day *sigh* I think he might have reflux or colic or something because he has some beautiful moments and periods (like right now) where he settles/sleeps fine and I can have a life, but mostly its waaaaaaaahwaaaaaaaaaaaaah even though he's fed, changed, burped, hugged etc etc He also makes choking sounds, esp after a feed, like he's brought something up and swallowed it back down. He is cute though and I just love him. He's gotten so big already, a month old tomorrow

Just a little woohoo for me - tomorrow Ripley will be 4wks old and is also the point where I gave up b/feeding Jett and switched to formula full time. This time - no formula has been used and b/feeding is still going great guns Im so happy. I just wanted to make it this far and I have, even though its been real tough.

Hope everyone else is having a good day! Id better go have some lunch and Im making a lasagne for dinner so I need to get cracking on that while its quiet on the front

ETA - Im currently sitting at my pre preg weight (60kg) and am thinking of trying to lose another 5kgs but Im not too stressed, apparently I look fabulous for 2 kids under 2 (I get sick of people saying it too me, like its horrible if you dont?) What they dont see if the stretchmarks and cottage cheese thighs, I didnt escape completely unscathed. My friend and I are starting at the gym next week to try and tone up a bit - we're hopeless slackers so we're thinking we'll be able to motivate each other. Im considering pole dancing classes but it would mean Id have to express and leave a bottle for Rip with Dh, atm expressing isnt going so great. I have 80ml frozen in the freezer so far, from two attempts at expressing. I figure by the time the kids 3mths I'll have enough for 1 night out
    Last edited by Freya; January 29th, 2008 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    We were out on Sunday and a friend of DP's brother asked me " When's your next baby due or are you just abit over weight?" Mind you I was holding Abbey at the time. I think I looked like I had my face slapped, it sure felt like it. I just replied "She is 8 weeks old!! And I have 5 bloody kids !!" As you can see I was less than impressed.

did you slap him or what?? OMg i would have been mortified if someone said that to me..

Olivia is still asleep.. I have baked some muffins and a cake with the boys done some tidying.. ho hum lol.. going out for tea tonight so was realy hoping the boys would have a sleep but no such luck..

I even miss Ethan I talk to much too!

I have been thinking I want to do something like a course .. I feel a bit dumb this week. I have been out of the work force for to long and I dunno its getting to me this week Everyone I know works and I feel so left out and have nothing adult to talk about **sigh*

Victoria - Olivia started sleeping longer at night from about 5 weeks, however she did have a bad week last week so I am glad she is getting back into the good routine she had started.

Nic - I know what you mean. I was crying to DH just yesterday that I have nothing interesting to talk about at the moment! Have looked into doing a course by correspondence (maybe my masters) but will probably wait til next year.

Olivia and I went to Mothers Group this arvo. It was the massage class and I was really looking forward to it, however little Miss obviously decided she wasn't! As soon as the class started she started screaming the place down because she had decided she was STARVING and needing feeding NOW! So the other babies got a nice massage and she got formula - silly girl.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast