Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #6

Just thought I would say hello to you all. Our son, Callum, was born on 11th of December and is the first child for my husband and I. Look forward to chatting to you all.

Hi Kerwarra!! congrats on the birth of your son

Thank you aussienic

So where abouts are you from ect?

As you can tell by my sig I am on bub 4 Olivia.. She was born 20th November.. meant to be a december baby but oh well lol.
    \

I am from Adelaide. Have been married 4.5 years. hmm what else would you like to know?
    I am enjoying being a mum and love the look on the grandparents faces when they see him as he is the first grandchild on both sides

Welcome Kewarra.

Oh Nic you are having a scary time. Was the reason Ethan was late believable? Maybe he was just testing out his first bit of freedom?

Well my Thursday night has been better than my Wednesday thank goodness. DH is out with some friends and I had a friend over earlier to watch the last episode of America's Next Top Model (stupid I know but fun to watch and pick on). We ordered pizza, ate ice-cream and basically had a girly night. Of course Olivia joined in and had a great time being part of the girly chats :-)

Olivia has been very quiet all day today and has really just eaten and slept. I think she is still a little 'off' from her needles, but if this is the worst reaction she gets then I have nothing to complain about.

Oh Nic how scary, I know we have to give our kids their freedom eventually, but it is still scary, glad he is ok.

Alicia - go those quiet days, I sort of had one of those this morning until I took Sofia to the childhood nurse for her 6-8 week check up, ok I know she is 3 months old but she is 9 weeks corrected so that is closer. I am so happy with her weight gain and she is now 4.47kg and 54cm long. She has also started to try to push herself up on her hands when having tummy time and is weight baring when in the standing up position, god help me if she starts crawling early, Maria started crawling at 12months and that was early enough for me.

Kerwarra: Its good hear you are enjoying being a mum I love watching my mums faces when she is with the kids as well..

Alicia: yes it was believable. Another kid riding with them got a flat tyre and then made the other boy give him his bike cus his legs were too sore to walk and then wouldn't give it back and then took off on it and went on the skate park which Ethan and his mate were told was a huge NO NO.. But finally got the story straight and found out eth was doing the right thing but wasn't going to leave his friend behind. We are now considering buying him a mobile phone for the rides to school..

ah this parenting thing is hard!! Like when do you allow them this extra freedom, when are they allowed to ride to a mates place? Heck I just started letting him use the mens toilet on his own I used to get him to come with me or use the disabled one

Louise: Jacob didn't crawl till 10 months gee it was nice lol..

Well its 3:20am and I have a wide awake miss and tired mummy .. why does she do this on nights when I can't sleep in I swear she knows!! I am getting some nice cuddles and smiles though but I would love some ZZzz's

nic, olly is nearly 2 (feb 13 is his b'day)- so they all do it hey? i guess they all read the same guide to being a toddler. they grow out of it right?
    haroula - he wont change a nappy? seriously? tell him he should do it now before it gets smelly and messy - this is the easy part, it doesn't even smell! otherwise you'll make him do all the gross ones later.

yesterday was so good. i watched a movie! i felt calm and relaxed. i even missed olly. gonna spend lotsa time with him today (and maybe take him to the neighbour's for a play) so betta get offline! i feel refreshed. go childcare! luckily we are subsidised so it only cost $15 a day, oonce a week. and playgroup back on monday (YAY!) have a good weekend everyone

lara

morning all, just a quick question... has anyone had bubs in a bassinette and transferred to a cot?? Ash is getting really big really quick so i think by the end of this month he should be in a cot.. (so long for lasting 6months lol) but the issue is he gets rocked to sleep in his bassinette, obviously i cant rock a cot and hes not a huge fan of being patted cos it startles him lol..... any settling tips???

I figure if i try now to ease off the rocking he might get used to going straight down....

Lauren, you can buy this machine thingy that you put under the cot legs (theyre like feet sort of) and it rocks it like a bassinette. I'll see if I can look it up on the net for you.

xtml: WellI bleedin hope they grow out of it if not I may go very grey before I am too much older.. We haven't ever had to deal with the terrible 2's before now and i tell ya its been a shock and a half...

Lauren: I personally would just ease off the rocking.. but thats me.. but as Anna said you can buy these things to go under each leg of the cot but from what I remember they are quite expensive.. When Ethan used to want to be rocked I just took the brakes off the cot and gently rocked it.. not easy on carpet tho.. I will have to transfer Olivia soon too. I have managed to keep her in there even though I thought the other week she would be out but nope sorted it out

Well I finally got back to sleep at 4:30. I was so freakin tired .. 3 hours in the middle of night.. not impressed Olivia.. oh and she screamed for an our as well. I ended up putting her in the cradle shutting the door and laying on the couch. I was just getting so frustrated and she wouldn't stp so I walked away to calm down and get my wits about me again.. I took her into bed with me and she went to sleep but silly me thought I would transfer her back and that woke her up so I just took her back with me and pat pat pat pat pat pat pat she fell asleep.. onl to be woken by a semi naked Jacob at 5:30.. *sigh*

On a good note we were all ready and walked out the door at 10 to 8 I was running a bit late but we got to the park before the other kids. Ethan is under strict instructions he is to ride straight home Olivia down for a nap and the boys playing quietly..

Louise - Wow that cc seems really expensive. I would be taking her out and getting a house cleaner!!! Excellent growth for Sofia.

Nic - How scary re Etrhan riding home. I would have been sick with fear. Sounds like you had a night very similar to me. I put Loren in her cot for 10 mins whilst I regrouped!!!! She was wired fron 10.30pm till 2am!!!Finally I had yo put her in the sling and she went to sleep instantly. I slept with her on my chest for 2 hours. Of course she is sleeping soundly now.

Ladies I also posted a woohoo yesterday because Loren slept from 10.30 pm till 2am and then from 3am till 7am....I thoght we had turned the corner but alas she was back to normal last night...actually even worse.

My dh is having a hard time connecting with this bub and he is so cranky atm. He just can't settle her and he gets so annoyed that he does not have the 'magic' touch like he has with Sara. It doesn't help that we can't manage to dtd with they way Loren is at night etc. I think he is serverly :frustrated:....poor bugger.

Kerwarra - Hello and welcome to you and your little man

Buzzie - Loren is out of the bassinett already, she hates it. I have put her in the cot with a snuggle bed insert.

Bek: I think that might be what is my dh's issue. Olivia just doesn't settle for him like the boys did and the first few weeks she just cried and cried. he said to me yesterday he is enjoying her more now that she smiles at him...

Sorry to hear you had a crappy night too.. and yeh DTD.. done it but omg I am just to tired to go back the way we were just yet LOL

I had AF decide to return at 4am this morning but it has gone again already.. beats me whats going on.. never been like this before.. SO I don't know if having the tubal has made it this way or not...

bekz - wats a snuggle bed insert?

what is it with second children and DHs. mine is finding it hard to settle Sofia aas well.

Quote Originally Posted by kitten2b View Post
    what is it with second children and DHs. mine is finding it hard to settle Sofia aas well.
    Maybe cus in those early days they are busy looking after the older kids they don't get the time to settle the new baby... Thats the only thing I have come up with

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast