Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #6

Haroula - Thanks for asking. DH is 'taking it like a man' (you know, whinging a lot) but is ok. He has this week off work, a check-up at the hospital Monday and then back to work - Thank goodness! With us both home and unwell, with our mothers taking turns to stay, and Olivia to look after we are both going insane!

morning all,

xtml: for Mirani's rash at the moment we are using Michael's brand Olivara. its a skin wash thats a soap alternitive and the moisteriser. her legs have really cleared up. you can get it at the chemist. it is made from olive oil extract and is baby freindly. its also good for dandruff as well.

Mirani has become such a great sleeper lately, settling at around 11pm and waking anywhere from 6am to 830am. which makes for one happy mummy in the mornings.

regarding nappies: at the moment she's wearing target brand sposies. not only are they cheap ($25 a box) but they hold everything in.

my DP (if i can dare call him that at the moment!!), is already on at me about losing weight. which i really need to do something about considering that i hadnt lost that much since the last 2. any ideas on what is good for kickstarting your metabolism?

alicia - i could only imagine how you feel!!! sometimes i feel like i'm going insane and DH and I are well!! I hope you are getting better also and back on your feet ASAP! for your own sanity!!!!

Thanks Haroula.

I forgot to mention that Olivia is having her injections this afternoon. Seeing as she was already fussy at the mothers group yesterday I am worried that after today she will associate the room there with pain and be horrible next week!

Michelle - I would be really p!ssed if DH mentioned losing weight. I hope you told your DP how you felt about his comments.

Michelle
    - I agree with Alicia! let him have it!!!!

Alicia - i'm sure she will be fine! it may have just been she wasn't feeling 100% yesterday! we all know how it is.,. they could "turn" at any moment!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzie View Post

Nic - Do u walk with all 4 kids???
    I have done it twice so far.. I have a double pram but when we go walking along the beach or somethig (with dh) we just use the 3 wheeler and jacob walks

Quote Originally Posted by BekZ View Post
    Nic - I feel the need to get back to work too. Problem is I don't know what I want to do anymore.
    I kibnda want to get into aged care.. Either at home care (blue nurses) or working in a nursing home. I was thinking once Olivia gets abit older and I can leave for longer periods I might volunteer at the nursing hom around the corner from me and see if it is what I want to do

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_k View Post
    \
    my DP (if i can dare call him that at the moment!!), is already on at me about losing weight. which i really need to do something about considering that i hadnt lost that much since the last 2. any ideas on what is good for kickstarting your metabolism?
    Oh dear!! I don't know what to say.. My dh encourages me to exercise but that is more to do with my increased risk of diabetes now but he is always telling me I look lovely..

Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    I forgot to mention that Olivia is having her injections this afternoon. Seeing as she was already fussy at the mothers group yesterday I am worried that after today she will associate the room there with pain and be horrible next week!
    Oh no.. Injections!! I hope it goes smoothly. Will your DH go with you? Glad he is feeling a bit better too. I bet you are both going insane. I know I would be

Wel Olivia is ( I think) asleep finally. She slept in my arms the entire time we were grocery shopping but ws tired again so I fed refed changed and fed again and now hopefully she is asleep... Dh is about to go to bed for night shift so I hope he doesn't disturb her..

Only 1 more big sleep til Noah start's school. I wonder who's more excited, him or me

Michelle, tell him to nik off hun. You don't have to be that polite either. Or next time he whinges for a "bit" tell him no, as you are too fat Rude buggar.

Just took these gorgeous pics of Abbey smiling away and had to share them.

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...519/ppuser/413

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php/photo/4518

What a stunning smile!!! brilliant!

a gorgeous smile for sure!!!!

Olivia has been asleep for 4 and a half hours now!! I even went and poked her just before but she is fine lol..

OMG Nic, thats huge. Hope she sleeps well tonight.

Thanks for the comments girls. Yup, she's a smiley one when Mummy's being an idiot

Sleeping away nicely in her swing. Good to see that it's making it's moneys worth.

Its to huge.. I am scared she won't sleep tonight.. I am debating going and waking her or not.... We have dinner early when dh is on night shift so we are thinking we will wake her after that if she isn't already. I just went and opened the bedroom door and blinds

may be the day for it! Chrissie has been asleep since before 2am (not sure of the time exactly) and is still asleep.. like you i poked her to see if she was OK! LOL... yep she's fine, she got grumpy.. she doesn't like it when you mess with her when she's asleep! hahaha but she doesn't wake up!

She usually doesn't sleep this long because she cluster feeds a bit in the afternoon! ....hmmm hope she sleeps tonight!

Trish - How cute is Abbey.

Stop bragging all those mummies whoes babies sleep!!! Loren is such a catnaper!!! She won't sleep for more than an hour at a time during the day.

I have worked out that she likes to sleep in the bouncer instead of the cot. Do you think it is ok to have her day time sleeps there for a while until she learns to take longer sleeps?

Tresillian nurse was great today. I love that you can just message them on messenger.

Michelle - Shame on your DP!! I always start a weight lose regime by cutting out sugar, and reducing my carb intake or just eating carbs during the day only. I also take bio chromium to curb sugar cravings.

Doc told me to consider switching Loren to formula if her reflux does not improve. I really don't want to do this because I am feeding just fine atm, although I am having days where I wouldn't mind her being on the bottle. I just feel that I need to keep going for another month.

BekZ - I'm pretty sure you don't need formula for reflux. I'm sure there's meds and thickeners or whatever is needed, that you can use to supplement the breastfeeding. If your feeding is going great guns, why give up a good thing? Don't know why docs think formula is the quick fix for everything.

Trish - What a cutie Abbey is!

Well we are back from the dreaded injections and so far Olivia seems ok. She wasn't really impressed when I had to wake her up to go there (she had been asleep for 2 hours) and so was grumpy in the beginning but was soon giving the nurse a big smile and chatting away while getting weighed and measured. However it soon stopped and she screamed her head off when the needles went in. She recovered quickly though and went back to sleep in the pram. RIght now she is sleeping soundly in her bouncer (so I can keep an eye on her), hopefully she stays that way.

Haroula: what is it about today.... Hope your little miss sleeps tonight too

Bek: When we were told Isaac had reflux or what were told was silent reflux we had to put a thickener in his feeds. I was expressing but you can give it on a spoon. It is Karicare food thickener.. It worked brilliantly .. I hope Loren starts sleeping for longer times.

Alicia: glad Olivia did well at her needles..

Well my little miss woke just after 4.. so 5 hours sleep and then was most grumpy.. she fed cried burped fed changed fed burped bathed fed fed fed.. see a pattern here then she was happy for ages.. then she got grumpy so i fed her and she fell asleep about 6:30 and is still asleep *sigh* I know I should be happy she is sleeping well but I worry she won't sleep at night and to be honest the way Isaac and Jacob have been the last 2 days I am sure throwing a sleep deprived mummy into the mix it will not be a happy house!!

I feel a little down this week.. Dh is on night shift tonight and tomorrow so thats virtually 48 hours on my own.. Then Friday he has something on at 10am so he will sleep later then normal tht day (first day off) then he is off to a 21st that night (his cousin) I opted not to go as I was going to a wedding the following night and didn't want 2 nights out with Olivia.. But now my mum isn't able to come watch the boys so I am staying home and he is going.. So that is 4 nights in a row watching the kids by myself. I am just dreading it.. and then to top it off I made dh feel bad when I said he could sty awake Friday and spend some time with me and the kids (selfish but it was just a suggestion) and he said he felt bad enough.. but then I got to thinking why does he need to go out 2 nights in a row really?? I guess I am just feeling really left out this week ...

Oh girls this thread moves so fast - I have so little time to post and reply but I love hearing about your babies! to you all!

Nic what does your DH do again? I hope it all goes well when he is working - I know how you feel and I only have 2!

Bek hope the Tresillian stuff comes thru with the goods.

I have posted more pics - better go and get some sleep - seeing Littlelara tomorrow (she posted in here a while back - turns out she lives a few streets away).

Ciao bellas

He works at the smelter here and drives cranes ect.. I cope fine when he is working but I just a little put out knwing when he should be home he won't be kwim?

Off to look at your pics..

Enjoiy your get toegther

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast