Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #7

Default Babies Born December 2007 #7

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in December 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13

MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is HERE

Oh I get to go first breast feeding right now though so hard to type will try and get back later no promises

Olivia has been asleep since 5pm. Really hoping this isn't her big sleep for the night *fingers crossed*

Sofia is still awake, nibbling on my arm, hopefully she will nod off soon.

wow new thread time already!!

Not a lot to report. ended up just going out for the day and we didn't get home till after 8 had a real yummy bbq dinner. Olivia was pretty good amd gave nanny and poppy gorgeous smiles she even chuckled at the fan

sleep well everyone

sounds cute Nic, we put Sofia in the baby hammock today and it is a hit, hardly had to nurse hur when she was wingy and she was putting herself back to sleep.

Well we had a fantastic storm last night... So much lightening and thunder it was great. It woke us up at 1am.. We even have thunder around this morning ( ps we haven't had a storm in ages) rain yes but not storms

Olivia slept from 9:30 till 4 but took a little while to go back to sleep so we fell asleep watching tv on the couch

Louise: I can't believe Sofia is 3 months old already!!

Abbey had a fussy afternoon/evening at took a while to settle last night. Not sure what time exactly that she fell to sleep, but she woke at around 5.15 for booby, had another feed about 6.20 and is still asleep now. Tehya and I are showered and dressed, Noah is getting dressed and we've all had breakfast. Not bad for 7.30. I might get used to these early mornings yet. And then winter will come and none of us will be getting out of bed early. LOL.

Weather is shocking here, we've had so much rain it's not funny and when it comes down, it's hard. Our yard is flooded and there are branches everywhere in the street and yards.

Liz, if you get on this morning I hope you have a great holiday. Fingers crossed there's no rain for you.

Louise, good to hear that the hammock works good for you. Hope it stays that way.

Nic, glad you had a good day out. Yay for the smiles too. Abbey laughs at the fan too, what is with that ??

Tehya is adament that she is going to school today, if only. Think she still has to get used to the fact that Noah goes everyday now and she doesn't.

I hate having to go out in the rain with the kids. The baby especially, makes things so much harder. The parking at the school is shocking and of course if your not there early you have to park a mile away. There are 2 school on opposite corners so you can imagine the mayhem, they do start and finish at different times, but there are always the ones that overlap.

Did I mention how much I hate the rain !!!

and it always rains the hardest just when you are about to get in/out of the car

hi ladies,

just a quick one from me... had a busy couple of days.!!

hope you are all doing well!! i can't believe there is a new thread already!! OMG! i so can't keep up!!

hope you all have a great day!

xxx

Hi everyone!!
    just a quick,Ash is finally sleeping in his cot!! WHOOOHOOO! he looks sooo cute. But he still has cuddles with me in bed too hehe

I just had my 6week check with my doctor and turns out i have an infection from my c/sect.. not as bad as alicias thank god.... but where the placenta came away bacteria has got into it as is hasnt healed properly so im on antibiotics now..

ash calling,.. have a great arvo everyone!

Love your new ticker pic Lauren. What a pita with the infection. Hope it goes away quickly. YAY for Ash sleeping in his cot too. What a big boy he is.

Haroula, hope your day's slow down abit now. It's so tiring running around all the time.

Louise, you are so right. Thankfully the rain stopped long enough for me to get Noah into school.

Abbey stayed asleep until it was time to go so I picked her up, wrapped her and did a mad dash to the car. Carried her into school in the sling so she stayed warm and cozy then back home for a bath and got her dressed. Finally sat down and fed her and she did a huge poo that came through her nappy onto the front of her tights and her singlet !! So then I had to start all over again.

Tehya was being feral this morn but has gone and layed herself on the armchair and crashed out. She even put a blanket over herself. Abbey is next to me sleeping in her rocker. I'd prefer she was in her bed, but hey, she's asleep so who cares where she is.

I have been sitting on here updating Abbey's webpage. I really should update Tehya's too. See, new baby and the old one get's pushed out the way

Hey all. Glad to see everyone is doing well, bubs included.

Buzzie, sorry to hear about the infection, glad they caught it though! I was reading back through the last thread and saw ash was in crawlers already!! :0 Summer is nearly there too. She only weighs 5kgs but the infant size is really small on her. Might have to move to the crawler size next too i reckon!

Summer and i have our first time parent class tomorrow for 2 hours. i am really looking forward to meeting some other mummies!!! She had her needles the other day and whinged for about 20 seconds then was smiling at the nurse who caused her the pain haha

Hubby is taking some time off this week so we are going to spend the week in Perth at a nice hotel and just chill out!! We live 2 hours south of Perth so it will be interesting to see how she travels in the car!!

lauren - sorry to hear about the infection...hope it clears up soon!!

trish - yeah, hopefully it will slow down now... lots of visitors!! LOL on the poo....Chrissie did one of those that went up the back of the nappy and up her back this morning!! LOL

nikki
    - hope you enjoy your time away!!

Trish: I guess fans look funny LOL.. I don't see the humour in them lol

Lauren: Sorry to hear about the infection.. Hope it clears up soon.. Great pic in your sig

nikki: Enjoy your time away. I am in need of a holiday.. glad Summer did well with her needles..

Olivia had her child healthy appointment today.. all went well. She weighs 5.5 kg. she wants her reweighed in a month as she ison't 100% happy with her weight gain but did say to look at the overall picture ( which i already knew) and that she was looking at a happy baby.. I managed to remember to ask about the white lump on her booby and it is perfectly normal.. She hadn't been peeing much over the last 24 hours but just before our App she peed and then she peed all over the nurse I was the first mum and bub for the day too ha ha.. Olivia has been asleep now for 4 hours wooooot!! but should be awake soon... oo parcel man.. BBl

Nic: i thought 5.5kg would be good for a 10 week old?

i get to pick up Sum's hand and feet sculptures this week. She was 2 weeks when she had them done. will be interesting to see how much she has grown!!

LOL nikki.. Ash was 5.4kg at 4weeks hehe

I am pretty sure 5.5 kg is just fine. she has doubled her birthweight and is happy although not at the moment lol.. She wants to go to sleep but just won't ... i am happy if she stays awake a bit longer but I don;t think it is going to happen.. crying getting louder mummy juice is wanted me thinks

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast