Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #7

Hi everyone.

I'm just popping in to remind everyone to try to keep the general chit-chat to a minimum as some of the less frequent posters may find it hard to keep up with. This is a large group and the thread moves really fast, so it would be really appreciated if you could keep the general chatter out/to a minimum so they have a chance to keep up with you all. Any posts that are purely chit-chat will be removed.

Nic, I think 5.5kgs is fine too. And remember that all babies gain at a different rate, esp breastfed bubs.

Sorry, I just have to ask. What is it exactly that we are doing wrong ? I am pretty sure that this very same chatter happens in other baby groups and belly groups. Is it simply because we have a bigger group ? Not questioning the authority, merely the reasoning behind it. The cloth nappy thread moves faster than this too.

Morning!! Sorry no personals today - haven't been in here for a few days & we all know what happens when we make that mistake!

I won a baby bjorn on ebay & it arrived yesterday - I love it!! I already had a HAB but Scally only liked it occasionally. I couldn't resist putting her in it last night & she slept in it for 2 hours!! DP likes it better too "That's more like it!" so yay... who knows, I might even venture out more now... hmmm, or not, it's been raining here for days, don't really want to go out in it... running out of nappies too as we don't have a dryer, the back porch looks rather interesting atm, I just 'decorated' everything possible with nappies... even the lawn mower handle!!

Scally has been sleeping in her cot for the last 3 days now, during the day anywho, I'm a) too scared & b) too lazy to have her in there at night, but the days have been going better. I have been letting her cry in there for up to 15mins before I go pick her up again & haven't had to go in too many times, compared to the issues I was having in getting her to sleep before, it's much better & she seems to be getting alot more sleep so yay. She has decided however that 11pm or later is bedtime which isn't so great when she wakes up at 8 or 8.30 but I shouldn't complain, she hasn't been screaming TOO much.

She is asleep right now, I guess she will be up soon, that 2 hours went fast!!

QM: GLad the Baby bjorn is working for you..

Trish
    : I want to know what is wrong too? hoping someone comes and replies soon

Olivia slept well. 8:30 till 3. but she took ages to get back to sleep. Well she went to sleep but slept fitfully. All ready for my walk this morning but it is raining so we will have to go another day.. It is Pancake day today so guess what we are having for morning tea

I think there is just alot of ppl complaining about how fast this thread goes, its all the moderators can do.
    I spoke to kelly about dividing the room up so its not all dec ppl, like our belly buddy rooms were but there was a huge vote done and ppl preferred it this way.
    so unfortunatly this is all we can do and bare with the high volume posts.

That's right Lauren. There are always going to be alot of posts in a group this large. It's just the way it is. I remember the vote thing done too, it was a few months back. I guess it was so that people who went over or early could stay with their orignal buddies too.

Abbey slept pretty good last night, although as she was sleeping right through it feels like a not so good night. She woke around 2.30am and fed and fed and fed until she was drunk enough to go back to sleep. Felt like forever, then she woke up again for more. Poor bub still hasn't had her bath, she's in her swing dozing, although I think she may be awake now watching Tehya play dollies.

I slept in until around 7.15 this morn, only woke cos Abbey did. Then it was the mad dash to get all ready to drop Noah off. I can't leave the house without showering in the morning.

Have a good one girls

ETA, Nic, empty your PM box hun

Yup emptied it

I am so darn tired this morning. When dh went to pick the kids up from school yesterday I sent Isaac and Jacob with him and I cleaned and cleaned.. Well what a waste of time that was *sigh* The house is messy again already.. I guess I don't have to mop today though just tidy up

Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I've posted - I've been lurking though - hi to everyone! To those who are having good days, yay, to those who aren't - hugs.

We are having a good and bad time ATM. I've come down with the start of mastitis in the last 24 hours. Ouch. A little better this morning after I've fed him - the boob is still hard but not rock hard, it seems to be getting better with each feed. I have the antibiotics but am umming and aahing - I don't want to give him an unsettled stomach (last time I was on antibiotics his poo was frightening and he was cranky for days), but don't want to end up with full blown mastitis. My temperature is fine, so it's not the end of the world. I think I'll see what it's like after the next feed and if it doesn't improve further then I'll take the antibiotics.

On the flip side, Euan is settling much better and has been a mostly happy baby now that he's got over being a bit off-colour after his immunisations. Nothing specific, he was just really grizzly and clingy for about 4 days. We've got a new settling routine, which is that I wrap him up, then lie with him on the spare bed and talk to him and stroke his forehead until he falls asleep (anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours). Sometimes I just lie next to him. Luckily for my back he seemed to get sick of being carried to sleep - it's like he wants to self settle but doesn't want to do it alone. Very cute.

We had a parent's group meeting thing at the CHC yesterday and got to meet other mums with bubs Euan's age - it was awesome! Euan was so lovely - he just sat on my lap and smiled at everybody - the little social butterfly. He's put on almost 750gm in the last three weeks - he was 5.59kg at 9 weeks, and 60cm long (someone was asking whether any body else's bub was 60cm long - mine is!!).

Anyway, I'm off to have a lie-down whilst the little bugger is asleep!

~Belinda~ Guest

Hope everyone is going great guns! I won't do personals, there are far too many to keep up with!!

Everything is going great with Madeleine, she's now fully FF and loving it. So am I because I am happier! She's putting on weight and we got our first smile on Saturday...oh she's just so cute.

We've been on some outings which is great and she's slept through a few nights but the last two she has been waking every 3 to 4 hours. Oh well, we got a few good ones in there.

Anyway, won't keep you all, have been hanging out in January thread more anyway but just hoping you are all happy and well

Love Bindy xo

Abbey has spent her day pooing up a storm. The minute I change her she poo's not long after, and the last 2 days, its be everywhere, needing full changes of clothes. Too much washing in the wet weather.

Suse, sorry to hear about your mastitis. It really hurts hey. Good that you went to the Dr asap though. Hope it clears up soon. What an awesome weight gain. Sounds like Euan is growing great.
    It was me that asked about the 60 cms babies. Seem's you have a long one too. Only Abbey weighs 4.8kgs, so she's long and skinny. How much did he weigh when he was born ? There's only 2 days between our 2.

Nic, I am so hearing you hun. Tehya is in a trashing mood once again. I think she's really getting bored not having Noah at home with her each day.

Bindy, good to hear that you and bub are going well. YAY for that first smile

Trish: Can I steal some of your poo I think it was Friday when Olivia last did one *sigh*

The CHN nurse told me yesterday the reason Little Miss has smelly farts and poo ( ppfft MIL ) It is not because of what I eat (again pfft) it is because she goes so long between pooing that it basically decomposes inside and creates all sorts of wonderful gasses ect I feel better now knowing it isn't my milk causing her smells..

suse: Sorry to hear about the mastitis. hope it clears up soon..

Bindy: yay for longer sleeps and smile

Hi ladies..

i agree this thread goes fast, but i'm not complaining..!! i like the fact that we can get on and read about each others day.. makes me feel normal!

Hope you are all well! we are going great guns here these days! I'm using IF 2-3 times a day and i think it has made a HUGE difference to her burping!! and she doesn't spew up as much milk anymore!! woohooo!! have uploaded a couple new pics!!

xxx

Trish - Euan was 4.2kg and 53.5cm long at birth. He was in the 95th for weight but I was 12 days over which prolly had something to do with it. He's pretty long - just like his dad was. I saw a photo of his dad at the same age and they could be twins, it's uncanny. So Euan will end up tall and skinny I think.

Nic - LOL at 'stealing' poo!!!

Oh, and I finally remembered to upload some new shots to my gallery...

Suse, Abbey was 3.2kgs born and only 50cm long. So she's really kicked in with the length. I think she would have been a decent size had she got to 40 week, she was born at 37.

Nic, you are more than welcome to some poo hun. Ahhh so that's why my bum stinks Funny DP always has a go at me, I don't poop often enough, but fart plenty. I tell him it's simple, he *****s, I fart sorry way tmi.

Haroula, good that your not complaining hun I don't think we can shut up even if we try.

Off to look at all the spunky baby pictures.

Trish - PMSL at the farting!! Gee Abbey's really gone great guns, she's doing fabbo.

Re: this faster than light thread... one thing I have noticed is that the two chattiest ladies are the ones with the most kids. How on earth do you manage it Trish and Nic - what's your secret? My hat goes off to both of you!

HAHA, don't you see Suse, the kids are the reason we are on here. It's our sanctuary, our reprieve from the kids Of a day time I only have Abbey and Tehya, and on Thurs and Fri it's only Abbey as Tehya is in pre school. And I do no housework so that's how I have so much time to be on bb

Seriously, it's all about time management. I do alot of things at once, and take the easy way around other things. I will feed while at the puter, and I can eat my breakfast at the same time too, so there's 3 things done at once

exactly the same here.. I feel Olivia at the comp.. I get up do the washing, dishes floor ect clean the bathroom in between checking emails or checking on here.. The boys tend to entertain themselves but I still play with them on and off.. At the moment Isaac is laying on the floor with Olivia and I am talking to them and Jacob is sitting with them playing with one of Olivia's toys..

Ethan should be home soon and we are going to play this game I got the kids. It is wireless boxing. almost like a nintendo Wii but the graphics suck but gee we get a work out. YOu put the boxing gloves on and stand back and box away.. We only got it yesterday and had so much fun..

Oh and thanks Trish.. We had poop here not a lot but poop is poop

Good to hear that you got some poo hun. Glad to share it around.

Sounds like gret fun and even some exercise. Maybe I should have got the kids a Wii instead.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast