Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #8

Nic - Yep Loren got the rv. I am paranoid about gastro and with Sara in daycare I decided that Loren should have. Loren was cranky all weekend so I am putting it down to needles.

For the mums with bubs who have gunky eyes...have u tried breast milk?

Quick update.. It has flooded under my house.. The road around the corner has got water over it and the lily pond around the corner is about to go over as well

It won't stop raining and it is bucketing down

i still can't believe i missed it!! not like me at all, but since being PG i've been forgetting things .. lucky i also bought a small diary yesterday!!

I had done the breast milk thing twice and DH told me to stop it cause he thought it made it worse! but i think it made t better, so i'm just going to do it!...

OMG just checked out the radar for up your way Nic..... wish it would rain like that down here! we have no water

Sending some your way now ~~~~~~

it is just drizzling now. Dh is downstairs pumping the water out from downstairs lol.. We will go for a drive soon and I will take some piccies..

Missy crying BBL

Nic - I hope your house is ok. We are getting so much rain here too (not as much as you) and it looks like a storm warning has just been announced for my area!!!!! I so hope the dams get some water.

Ok I don't know what is going on but Loren is so unsettled and she just won't take the boob. She has not had a proper feed since last night. DH just gave her a bottle and she drank the whole lot. I know we have done the wrong thing by giving her formula but I was getting worried that she was not getting enough. I did not have to change her overnight nappy as it was still dry. My boobs are going to explode!!!

Bek - it's not the wrong thing giving her formula, especially if her nappy was dry for a long time. Do keep putting her to the boob tho, they go through these fussy periods and it's dam annoying I know. Kayla has days of snacking and it stuffs around with my boobies I tell ya!

Nic - hope you don't get washed away! I just had to rescue my washing from a massive downpour, and I got soaked! I didn't save it all Some of it is still out there.

Bek: I am not one to give panadol for no reason but maybe Loren is in pain? from the needles or something. i know it was a wek ago but she would be feeling off from it kwim? I hope she takes the booby soon.. Nothing hurts more then full ones.. Can you express that milk and give that via a bottle... A question.. when you offer the boob do you squirt a little into her mouth first? I do that sometimes when olivia is being fussy and then she realises there is milk there..

Liz: We haven't been washed away lol. Dh pumped out the water.. Still raining heavily. We went for a drive before and there was water over the road and some houses have an awful lot of water surrounding them.. Debating picking Ethan up from school before the bell.. We might live in a small town but the traffic will be horrendous at pick upi time

agh Olivia grumpy better go see whats wrong. Dh has just put her in her bed to see if she will just go to sleep but I don't think so

Liz - I will offer the boob at every feed and hopefully she'll want it back

Nic - I can express. Question. I expressed some yesterday arvo and have left the bottle and pump in the fridge. Can I use this to express now or should I clean and sterilize first before expressing again. I am not sure how long ebm should be kept.

It seems that every time I post here I am complaining about one or both of my darling daughters. I some imes forget to post that I get lovely smiles, gooing and garring and Loren just loves her bath atm. Sara too has moments of loveliness and at the end of the day I just love them both so much.

BekZ - the whole sterilizing thing is personal choice.. I only sterilize maybe once a day... but i mostly express every feed as she can't handle the flow of my boobs and just vomits it up! i DO however wash the pump and bottles after each use in hot soapy water.. so i don't know if it is safe to use the pump you have in the fridge. However you can keep breast milk in the back of your fridge, where it is coldest, up to 3 days i think.... i usually feed her and then pump the next bottle so i rotate it all! and if she hasn't had one (skips one) i freeze it for a rainy day! Hope this helps a bit...

xx

hehe Bek - I post all my whinges too. I think it's coz it's the whinges that need to be vented, not the lovely happy times.

I think the milk in the fridge will be ok.. I would probably clean the pump tho and then express into a separate bottle. Once that's cool, you can probably combine them. There's info here at the ABA site: http://breastfeeding.asn.au/bfinfo/express.html

Bek: Ditto on what Liz said..

Ipersonally never steralized. A good wash in hot soapy water then rinsed did the trick.. If I was in the mood I would boil the jug and pour the water thru

Well it is even wetter here now they are apparently sending kids home from school and day cares (dh just gone to do a run) 2 from one school our boy and his mate from annother and his littl sister from day care,, the highways are starting to get cut frm what I have heard..

Olivia must be feeling better today or worse.. She is grumpy!!! but she is passing lots of gas... now she has the hiccups

Thanks ladies re expressing.

Now I just have to get this bub to sleep more than 20 mins at a time...actually she has been asleep for 45 mins atm.

Waaaaaa!!! I used the R word and jinxed myself, it seems!

Someone woke three times after being put down last night, finally went to sleep at midnight, then woke up at 5:00am, then didn't go back down till 6:00. Slept till after 9:00 but no sleep for mummy cos she had to drive daddy to work. He has now finally gone down for what looks like a proper sleep (at 5:00pm - 1/2 before I have to leave to pick DP up from work!!). I am shattered. I am NEVER using that damn R word ever, ever again...

(He has been excessively cute and playful though today - just I was in no mood to deal with cuteness and playfulness, I just wanted a sleepy baby. Is that too much to ask?).

Sorry for whinge - feels much better though. At least my house is not in danger of flooding, so I shouldn't complain (hope you're doing OK Nic?).

suse: dang isn't that always the way.. use reverse pyhscology (sp) on him lol. It wasn't major flooding just very very wet.. very exciting though for a sleepy beach town We went for a drive and got heaps of pics. The fence near the airport in the next town got taken out by water..

A few roads cut here and there, but no major damage except to some roads where the bitumen was washed away..

Bek: i hope she slept even longer for you..

Olivia is doing ok. Got a little miserable this afternoon but still smiling at me. she is feeding more then normal though. No temps or anything but her eyes and nose are so red.. I have the same thing as does jacob. just a itty bitty cold..

I forgot to post our little update We had a paed appt yesterday. Everything is good! Her bilirubin (sp?) levels are down to almost normal now, and the enzyme that was up a bit in the liver function test is normal now, and her blood count is still good (pfft to him for ever suggesting she needed supplements! hehe). Kayla now weighs 5.7kg bare. Her last weight was 5.5kg dressed.. so allowing for clothes it's a pretty good gain. He measured her length, but didn't write it in the blue book! argh! Oh well.. I know she's getting longer and longer.. I can almost watch her grow! hehe. We'll have another visit in 3 months just to see how she's going (more like so he can charge me another $100) and he said no need for more blood tests.

Oh, and here's a photo of my babies http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...29/ppuser/1363

Thats a gorgeous pic Liz!!

Great Growing Kayla

Good to hear you haven't been washed away Nic!

We had our MCH checkup today (supposed to be tomorrow but got her to do it while I was there today for mothers group). No problems with weight gain this fortnight, she has put on 300g since her last visit. She now weighs 5.4kg. I am really not going to worry about her eating habits anymore. The nurse (a different one to the usual one) said there isn't anything to worry about and said I had a very healthy attitude to Olivia's eating.

lol - The little Miss is lying next to me farting away while she sucks her fist, kicks me and mumbles at the tv. She is already multi-tasking like all good chicks should!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast