Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #8

Howdy all

Have tried breast milk on Olivia's eye not ade much of a difference and have doen the massage everyday a few times a day no change... I am hoping it will clear up soon enough....

Olivia had a better day today which was nice..

Can't believe she still fits some 00000 clothing ....she only has 3 things inthat size but she fits them still... Most of her wardrobe is 0000 and she still fits into newborn nappies....

Nic glad you got heaps of rain pity it went all hot and humid on you that is the bummer of summer rain ....

I have a quick question is it normal to start bleedind like your going to get your AF then it stops just as quick not even a day long maybe a few hrs if that....

I am going to vege out for a bit

Quote Originally Posted by TeenaRose View Post

I have a quick question is it normal to start bleedind like your going to get your AF then it stops just as quick not even a day long maybe a few hrs if that....
    I had the same problem and finally Af arrived last week. bu last night I had the same thing again.. Never happened to me before so who knows

Vent: I am so over my neighbours yard.. It smells like mould and I have contacted the council but they didn't ring me back so I think i am going to ring them today. Does anyone know if because we can smell it are we breathing it in? Like what are the health risks here? Even though I don't want to I am going to be turning on my AC soon just so I don't have to smell it..

Olivia slept well last night 8 - 3 and 3:30 till 6:15. she is wiggling about on the floor. Trying to roll over gets right onto her side.

hi ladies... YIPPEE to all those growing babies!!

OK, had a pretty good night here... Chrissie slept from 9:30pm-4:30am.... then from about 5:30 - now.. The only problem is she has taken to vomiting up A LOT of milk some feeds... She did it twice yesterday! It came out of her nose and mouth and when it happens she is so distressed for a second..then she calms down! I can't see any reason why she does this other than she wriggles and stretches while i'm feeding her!

Does anyone else have this problem..?? i'm starting to worry about it!

Olivia does this occasionally but I have put it down to over filling her tummy. Sometimes she will pull off and I thinking she hasn't had enough put her back on and she then usually does that..

Maybe she has a bit of reflux or something but I don't know much about it..

Olivia is down having a lovely nap.. she woke at 6:15 and was back in bed by 8:30.. i am so tired though.

Haroula - Olivia is yet to have a major spew that comes out her nose but she has vomited at times ALOT of milk up, I put it down to having to much or a fast let down where it has flooded her....At times she will also have really chunky spews sorta like the milk went off in her tummy this are majorly gross

Aussienic - The bleeding a for a few hours has happened twice now and neither time has my full period come back..so I wonder why... Re : The mould smell I would mabye approch your neigh and ask if they can smell it and if they have any idea what is causing it..That is if your on good terms with them...

Well Olivia is happily in her swing I am having a cuppa and nutri-grain for breaky
    Last edited by TeenaRose; February 13th, 2008 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Fix up my shocking spelling :)

Haroula - Loren does a lot of pulling on and off the breast. She is actually quite aggressive when breastfeeding. Her arms go every where, and she bobs on and off. Some times she screams mid way through a feed. I usually take her off and wind her. Loren does spew up but not a lot. I have read that around the 8week mark some babies reflux gets worse.

i thought maybe it was reflux or something.. but on monday when i saw the GP, she just put it down to the fact that she wriggles around A LOT!! and that she probably just squishes her tummy in the wrong way and up it comes... she said i shouldn't worry about it as her weight gain is awesome, but i worry cause it seems to be getting for frequent! Twice yesterday and once this morning at 4am... yesterday was at 4am too.. am thinking maybe she doesn't want a huge feed at that time and maybe just a top up... but she can't help herself and she has too much?! She only drank half a bottle of EBM both those times...

Haroula. Olivia moves ALL the time while she is eating and she is not a vomiter so I am not sure how that works if you are listening to your doc. Sorry not much help. In fact Livi is such a loud and wriggly eater that at mothers group yesterday, when she was eating, everyone was laughing at her! She is cute but so loud :-)

Nic what is making the mouldy smell? I hate that kind of smell so I am feeling for you .

Well Miss Livi has been very grouchy today. We had to go into the city to do a few jobs and she was ok then but after that we headed to Highpoint to pick up the last Bounty bag (I am late I know) and boy did she crack it. She started screaming just after we got in the doors and didn't stop til after we had been to Target then driven all the way back home. She has had 2 more screaming sessions since then, one major one when I dared to take her out of the bath. She is not usually so grumpy, I am really hoping she is not getting sick or something.

Where is everyone today???

alicia: I don't know whats making the smell.. the council rang me back this afternoon.. how useless! Just go over and tell them thier yard has a smell.. yeh right ya D!C@ If I was able to do that i wouldn't have contacted you... Like I am going to walk over and say Oh your yard stinks.. to someone I haven't spoken to in over 3 years No idea what to do now.. The smell was even worse tonight because it was bucketing rain

Olivia settled for daddy and fell asleep on him,, Simon is so happy tonight

Nic - they haven't got a big pool of rainwater that's gone stagnent or something? Maybe you could approach it that there's a smell in the 'area' and do they know what it is. Make it sound as if you can't pinpoint it iykwim.

nope no pool of water.. their yard is littered with furniture, piles of wood, toys, plants,

I asked the council guy today what laws are there if a yard is an eyesore. They are covered apparently as their yard is shielded from the main road by lots of tree's.. pooey!

About 3-4 years ago when we were talking to them simon (dh) dropped off a bag of groceries he picked up for them and he said as he walked to the front door it smelt like a dump.. And when it rained it was horrendous but that all went away till now..

I asked the guy about health risks as I wondered if we could smell it were we breating it in.. his response.. If you can't see it you should be fine

Oh yuck Nic, sorry to hear that the council aren't being very helpful. What about contacting your local MP ?? It sure is worth a try. Rather than living next door to a garbage dump. Are they still alive in their ?? Maybe that's the smell

Alicia, sorry to hear that Olivia was a grumpy bum, hoping that you had a good night and she is beetre today for you.

Haroula, perhaps Chrissie is just going through a fussy stage. Abbey does this when she is tired, she just pulls off and on the boob and wriggles like nothing else. She has a chuck too if she's drank too much, or say if I feed her right before leaving the house, as you do with babies, and when I put her into the carseat she spews. Think I just move her too much doing that. I know, not much help to you. I really wouldn't stress too much over it. Chrissie is growing nicely and is happy enough right ??

Teena, i haven't had AF do that, it did come back for a few days there, but only very lightly, but thankfully not at all since then.

Liz, great news on the test results. And yay for good growing with Kayla, go the booby juice Gorgeous photo too hun.

Suse, sorry about you being jinxed. Babies like to do that to you. The minute you think your onto something good they up and change themselves on you.

Bek, how's Loren doing now ? I hope she is settling better for you.

Hi to all those I have missed. I have read back but this is far as I can remember (with the help of the review) Hope all babies are going well.

Abbey is going good, was a little fussy to get her to go to sleep last night but she did so around 9ish I guess. She woke at 6 am and had a feed and is back asleep now. Great sleep hey. Yeah I wish I got it too. I got to bed at midnight !! Brandon has disappeared again on me. Went straight from school into town, came home very briefly around 8pm and when was asked to come for a shower around 8.30 he was still in his room, but come 9.30 the little ***** was gone. He is still gone and I again have no idea where to look for him. Seriously I have no idea what to do with him. How do I keep him here. The kid is like Houdini.

Oh no they are alive!! We always joke the smell is her.. he is ok and kids are alright ugly but alright :P but her.. icky..

Now here's my funny for the day. Ethan just asked what I am doing for DH for valentines day. I said nothing cus I don't celebrate it. Wel I think you should have sexual maturity!!! He then said did you hear what I said. I said Yes Ethan but I chose not to answer you. Well are ya going to?

**sigh** Hes 8 for goodness sakes.... (ps he thinks sexual maturity is sex, he is starting to realise how things work but not quite there yet)

Trish: Thats an awesome sleep.. My Miss O slept 9 till 4:20 and we both fell asleep out here till just a little while ago. I put her on the couch cus I desperatly needed a coffee..

Better go al kids awake now

Well are ya hun, ha ha ha ?? HEHE too funny.

Hmmm ugly and smelly neighbours hey, think I'd be moving. Smelly is one thing but UGLY.... No sir ree. :P

Good girl Olivia for such a good sleep too.

GRRR is all I have to say GRRRRRR Boys!! Who would have them hey? This little Miss of mine better not be like this

Hello,

Liz - I forgot to congratulate Kayla on her great test results.

Alicia - I am happy that you had a better health nurse visit the other day. Seriously some of the nurses go by the book to the letter and they don't consider what is normal for you bub.

Nic - My parents in law have neighbours like yours and they really can't do too much about it.Hugs it is bloody awful to live next to pigs. LOL at your DS. My friends boy came home one day and told his mum that he had been "sexing" with the girl next door. My friend got a lump in her throat at the thought of her 8yo son doing "that"...When she asked him what "sexing" was he said kissing in the air!!!

Trish - You are having such a rough time with your DS!!!! I think you should call Sunrise and talk to that doctor who gives advise re teenagers. I wish teenagers could see that their behaviour now could shape their future. Has he got a best mate? Maybe you could consult his mates parents and see if you could talk to the boys together. Love Abbey's new ticker btw.

I have had a couple of hard days with miss Loren. Some times she just will not take the boob, so I have been trying to express so that I can give her a bottle. Monday and Tuesday she slept a total of 1 hour through the day and she had little half feeds all over the place. Yesterday I went out to have a facial (give voucher expired) and left her with DH. She screamed almost the whole time and he ran out of ebm so he gave her formula...wow she drank 180mls and then slept for 4 hours. Actually she really kept sleeping right through til 6am this morning. So now I don't know what to do re breast feed or formula feed. hmmm

Bek - ask Barb for some advice. She always seems to have the answer! Especially if you'd rather keep breastfeeding. Or perhaps she can at least give you some advice how to prevent the odd bottle affecting the breastfeeding.

Trish - Grr at that boy of yours. Do Noah & Tehya notice him missing? Get them to lay the guilt trip on him EIther that or give him a big scare - take everything out of his room so it's bare and tell him you thought he didn't want to live here anymore so you figured you'd use his room for something else.

Nic - Is it feasible to report your neighbours because you're afraid of rats & snakes coming into your garden with your kids? Maybe you could plant a snake and report it LOL.

Well, Kayla slept from 10pm til 4.30.. then I had to wake her again at 7.30 to drive DH to the station (I can't tell you how tempting it is to leave her here sleeping while I pop out!!) and then she fed and went back to sleep and is still sleeping! yay! I wish she would do this regularly tho. I'm expecting a bad night shortly coz she hasn't poo'd for a few days now, she tends to be really unsettled leading up to the explosion.

BTW - Loren has started to dribble quite a bit and she loves sucking her fingers? Anyones else's bub dribbling? I forgot what age this starts.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast