Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 16th-28th 2009 #3

off to check tracey the teddy bear collecting is a great idea

millie did 8 hours last night bet its a once off and shes just teasing me..down at 6.40pm and fed at 2.40am

hi girls

sorry for being missing in action. just busy with kiddies and work. trying to catch up on you all but not having much luck. typing one handed while feeding heidi. we are doing great! heidi was 5kg at last weighin on fri.

det, you give great advice!

laura - good luck, you can do it! what a star.

sorry will try to be back later.

xx

I hope I'm allowed to add this link - here is Juliette's special pregnancy & birth montage

YouTube - Juliette Nicola - Made in Thailand

And here is Genevieve's

YouTube - From Go to Whoa - our pregnancy and birth experience

Tracey- the pic is just beautiful, such a nice way to remember Milana, great idea too about the teddies. her memory will always be kept alive.

NZGirl- Hi! 5kg is great weight gain, try get some time to relax!

AJP- 8hrs! We usually only get 4, had one lot 5 the other night.

tarkine- how scary, all this feeding he is doing must be draining you, try to drink glass water each time you feed just to keep your BP up.

Kaz- good luck with the weigh in!

Holly- Can the mchn give you some pointers on ways to help while you are waiting for the pead appt? Good luck with the weigh in too, seems to be the day for it.

Laura- Thats great news, how is it all going today? Do you need to go on meds to help the milk back or you doing it thru lots feeding/ expressing?

Ali- How is her rash today? Thats the prob with babies there skin so sensitive, we used to have alot probs with Ash when she was baby with rashes and anything except sorbolene irritated her skin, we also used the QV bath oil which helped.

I was thinking about all the talk with the number feeds a day and if they're putting on weight I wouldn't worry at all. i remember Ash used to be on the breast heaps and at one weigh in had only done 15g day average, I think due to the fact she was more snacking, Em has 7-8 feeds a day but I know they are really good feeds she nearly takes both sides so I wouldn't worry.

A question for everyone, how many bubs during the day will go thru to a 2nd sleep cycle without help? Em rarely does, always after 40-45mins she wakes and needs help to get back to sleep and also needs alot resettling in this 2nd sleep cycle time too, more seems to cat nap then sleep then before she can go properly to sleep she is due next feed. i keep persevering cause I don't want major issues down the track where they refuse to sleep longer than that.

*sniff sniff* you made me cry nai !! gorgeous!!
    of to watch genevieves now...

ETA wahhhhh i want another one now....!

shell millie often catnaps like that but still has some longer ones, like now down for 2 hours and still going, its hard though with two as i find i have to go out more so she doesnt always get the chance to sleep as much
    Last edited by Olive; April 8th, 2009 at 10:37 AM.

Hi everyone

Tracey - Such a beautiful photo. I am so sorry for you loss...there are no words...

Holly - I couldn't wait to see the Paed either...just knew things weren't right...losec has changed Anika so much! Amazing how quickly it works. Hope the week to your appointment goes quickly!

Tarkine - Hope you're doing ok after your fall!

Ali - Hope Ash is ok and the rash is settling...must have scared you...I would have freaked!

Kaz - Anika usually only has 7 feeds a day...but then out of the boue she'll do a day of 2 hourly feeds which send my boobies into a spin!

A big HI to everyone else...sorry it's short...I'm trying to keep up but feeling absolutely horrible today...trying so had not to cry as I type this! Having got Anika on the Losec things were looking great...she's so settled and now I'm fighting to keep her awake during a feed rather than her screaming and spewing etc...so then I wake on Monday night drenched in sweat and feeling sick..then the stabbing pain in the boobies started yesterday and red marks showed up by yesterday afternoon...so off to the doc and I have [email protected][email protected] The slightest change to our feeding routing and my boobies engorge ...just so much milk it's crazy! The only thing that's cheered me up this morning is I managed to squeeze into a pair of pre preg pants...'sigh'...just going to be one of those days I think! Oh...and to top it off I fell down the stairs...so now I'm too scared to carry Anika up or down them...thank goodness I wasn't carrying her when I fell! Thanks for listening to my winge...any advice on the breast drama's would be greatly appreciated

Tracey - Such a gorgeous photo. The bear program sounds really good. Such a wonderful way to remember and honour Milana. I hope you're doing ok

Ellie - I am also in for a teary one today. Mastitis sounds horrible but be thankful you have lots of milk at least!

Nai - Beautiful records darl.

AFM - Jacob only gain 60 gms in 6 days. I am devastated. He sucks a lot but isn't swallowing as much as I thought he was. The MCHN thinks I have supply problems and also that he might have silent reflux. Can't get into the GP until the 20th - this is the same doctor who delivered him and saw me through my pg so I don't want to see anyone else. The MCHN is talking that medication that starts with M to increase my supply. So I'm back to expressing after every feed to top him up, stimulate supply and also waking him every three hours to feed. Feeling like a *****house mum at the moment

oh nai they are beautiful
    im gonne hide and cry now!!

KAZ its motilium, id ring and see if he can just write you a script without seeing him for now, still see him on the 20th but get the motilium going now!

Kaz - yep AJP is right, Barb suggested for me to get motilium to help the milk supply!!!!

Tarkine - how scary that you blacked out Hope you're feeling better today.

Ali, how's Ashlyn doing?

AJP - I can't believe they have 4 bed maternity wards - how can anyone possibly sleep?! At least you made some buddies though! Wow at 8 hour sleep! Sooo incredibly jealous. I think L managed a 2 hour stretch last night! After the 4am feed he wouldn't settle anymore though so I've been up since 4!

Kaz, yep it's L who grunts and strains through his sleep Very frustrating for the both of us. You are not a ****house mum! You are doing all that you can and have your DS's best interests at heart. I hope the feeding improves soon

Tracey, what a beautiful thing you've done for Milana The teddy bear gesture is very special as well.

Nai, those videos are so sweet! What a great thing to look back on when the girls are older.

Shell, there's not much else I can do for L until he gets on some medication. I'm trying to stretch out his feeds to 3 hours and keeping him upright for half an hour after each feed (very hard during the night feeds coz I'm so damn tired!) Also his bed is inclined a little bit and yeah...what else can I do?!

Ellie, your post has made me really excited and hopeful about going to the paed! I hope L gets better like Anika! So sorry to hear you've got mastitis again maybe express a bit off if she is suddenly going longer between feeds - it's not like you're going to run out of milk!

AFM, had L's 6 week check today and he's put on 856g in 2 weeks, about 60g a day, which I'm happy with.

I also had my 6 week post birth check up yesterday. A while back we were talking about pap tests - well I had mine! I was going to wait for a while but my doctor comvinced me to and it was fine lol - I'm just a big baby!

I finally got out of the house and did something for myself and BY myself today - I got my nails done Left L with mum and although I thought I could relax, she called me to ask when I'd be back as L was grizzling lol.

Well that's all for now...have a good night everyone xox

holly where i went its an older hospital, they have two 4 bed wards and i coped them both times!!
    first time with sophie i had the ward to myself, so no complaints, this time was also fine, we all slept just fine! they tried very hard to get me a private room given my complications but they were too full up, i really didnt mind!
    yay on the weight gain!!!
    so nice to get out by yourself, my me time seems to be doing the food shopping, sad hey!!

well both girls are in bed, DH is a basketball, and my dinner is almost cooked...so BBL

HEY GIRLS
    just a quickie- paperwork AGAIN!!
    Kaz- go to the heathfood shop and you can get a tablet called Blessed Thistle- it helps build your supply up. You can also get fenugreek- but i found that the blessed thistle worked better for me. They are natural alternatives for building you supply and may help until you can see doc! Hang in there Kaz- at least he is gaining!!!! I am not surprised about the silent reflux- my DD had it as well- its nasty. The spewing drives you nuts. My DD lived in her rocker as it was upright, but she could still sleep in in!!
    Also had cloth nappies under everything and over my shoulders all the time!
    Just keep on going - you are an ace mum!!!

Nai- your birth and pg montages are awesome!! Well done - they are a great record for your daughters!

Tracey- your tributes to Maliana are beautiful- thank you for sharing them with us- she will forever be in all our hearts!

Ellie- you poor poss- mastitis again! Hope the a/b kick in and you start to feel better soon!

Shell- at this stage, they are still learning to get through their second cycle of sleep. Just keep perservering. Levi often wakes, but as i cant get to him straight away, he usually get bored waiting and goes back by himself- mind you my twins never did this and it would drive me insane!!! Just hang in there and keep on working at it- the twins grew out of this phase thank goodness and learnt to sleep through the second cycle in time- nothing i did would work to speed up this process.

NZ girl! - HELLO!! Glad that everything is going well and Heidi is going well!

AJP- whoot on 8 hours- that is awesome. We have been doing 5 hours overnite and my boobs are even fuller all day- even after i express! After 8 hours i reckon i could just about float away with the milk lol - enjoy the extra sleep!

hmm gotta go- call of the boobie
    mwah

Tracey - beautiful photo, what a wonderful idea of the teddies.

Shell - Alex doesn't sleep during the day in his bassinette, only in my arms will he got to sleep, or in the pram or car, so I go absolutely crazy after spending the entire day with him in my arms.

AFM - Alex had his vacinnation today - was going to be whooping cough but they jabbed him with the works! Went red and screamed but he's doing ok, but whingy but has gone down for a sleep (probably 3hrs), then two hour sleeps til morning. Am concerned he isn't getting enough sleep.

tarkine there 'ment' to get around 15 hours in 24. we have vacs next week

det boobs werent that full after the 8 hours! firm but not exploding

i had my 6 week ck today, all good, no internal happy about that, need pap smear so will do in 10 weeks when i go back for repeat blood test. millie all good too

AJP - think Alex isn't getting anywhere near 15 hours sleep.. little rabbit. Good luck with the vacs.

The bruise from the fall the other night was a fizzer!! it isn't anything I can show off.. but it hurts!

Have any of you girls heard of Sue Dengate and her Fed up books?

dam on the bruise tarkine!!! never heard of sue dengate, sorry !

we had another good night, down at 6.45pm fed at 2am then 6.30am
    even got the slow cooker on at 8am this morning!! millie a little unsettled though toda, trade off i guess bbl millie crying

We've had pretty crappy last 24hrs, Em was just so grizzly yesterday couldn't get much sleep out of her, settling over night too was nightmare was like we were back to first week with it taking over an hour and constant wakings, only great part was she went from 8-2am between feed, recoed for us, too bad after that feed we hardly slept! And of course now its morning she has slept soundly straight after her 8am feed! Can't win.

oops spoke too soon, bbl

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast