Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2006 #3

Smile

Hi Girls, (Love the new look forum)

Sorry I have been MIA for a while. Things have been pretty hectic for me over the last few months. We were unable to find a new house that met all of our needs so we have decided to build so I have been running around looking at houses and looking at everything else that goes with it from colour schemes to door knobs.

Emma Ė Sorry to read that you are having a tough time of it. I hope things are starting to get better for you.

My little champion is going well. He weighed in at 7kg the other day which is good. I am feeling a little sad now because I have had to pack all of his new born clothes away because they donít fit. The scary thing is that I was saying during and after my rough pregnancy and birth that I didnít want to have another one and do it all again. But as I pack away his clothes I canít help but think. Oh maybe I could have another one. Is anyone else feeling like this yet:eek: ?

I have been meeting with my mothers group every week since he was 5 weeks old and I find them a great support and outlet. We have decided to start them all in swimming classes which started last week. It was a lot of fun and Harry just loved the water. I was a little bit worried about dunking his head under the water but he didnít seem to mind at all.

I canít believe that he will be 4 months old tomorrow. Time just goes so fast. Oh that reminds me I better book him in for his 4 month injections.

Anyway better go. Just wanted to touch base. I will try not to be such a stranger now that things are starting to settle down.

Hi Everyone - just a quickie as I am in a rush but be careful with the flat head on the bubbas.. Allegra is having physio twice a week because she was always on one side and the neck muscles became bit stiff (regardless of the amount of tummy time she has and nappies rolled up etc) .. just keep an eye on it now the bubs are 3 months!

Lolly i am hearing you about the house building stuff. We have been going through it since December, however we did change builders in Feb as the original building company stuffed us about to much. We are currently up to council, and deciding on colours......painful isn't it?

Liam has only grown out of a few things so far as he is still in 4 0's but it is a bit sad to think i will never have another bub as we have our two boys and that is our family completed. Makes you wonder where the time has gone hey?!?!

Lolly - yup, i want another one. when i was going through the morning sickness i swore to myself i wouldnt be having another one in quite a long time.. But now that Ben is getting older, Im thinking about it every day. Dh and I will probably wait another year at least, but who knows??

Oh my goodness. Its been very quiet in here! I hope you all are ok.
    Things with me are going well. We've decided to bottle feed Ben exclusively from now on. I will still be giving him 1 or 2 feeds a day for comfort reasons, until my milk runs out. I have breastfed him for almost 4 months now, and i think that is enough. I find that breastfeeding is fine, but im sick of that queazy feeling I get with the let-down, Plus I want my boobs back! I think ive done well for sticking with it for 4 months... It wasnt easy.

I think i need to try a bit harder to loose weight. Especially with summer right around the corner. Im now 10 kgs above my pre-pregnancy weight, but i really dont know if thats right, because our scales are dodgy. So i guess i need to try harder. Its just so hard to get motivated! I suppose weight loss isnt a huge priority for me at the moment, all my attention is on Ben and DH. Plus, im used to being podgy.

Well, i should go do some washing.

Well, still no posts. ahwell.

Just got back from doc appointment. Ben is doing well. Although, problems with his sleeping in the left thing. I now have to take him to psysio (like Teena and Allegra). Little thing with one of his kidneys, but the doc will keep and eye on it. He is now 62cms, and 6.3 kgs. He got his first set of shots too, poor baby.

I found out my best friend is coming to visit me in December! yay!

Well, I should go and do something productive. take care mummas and bubbas.

Katie- Did you go to the peadiatrician about his head? Kayla favours her right side, and therefore has a bit of a flat spot on the side towards the back of her head. This has made her forehead come out a bit on that side.

Do you think i should make an appointment with her pead? Would i need a referral?

Hi Everyone,
    Nadine - I went to the ECHC and they told me to take Allegra to the local hospital but the wait list is so long I go to a private one which is rebated through HCF. Allegra is getting much better with hers now thank goodness.
    Well, after being to the Dr's a dozen times, taking vitamins, antibiotics, having hot showers, drinking hot tea and everything else I can think of I had accupuncture and cupping done yesterday - I feel ok, still coughing a bit but hopefully its working. He said I seriously can do with the overseas warmth though as my chill doesnt seem to want to move!
    OK - Allegra and I are off to do some chored.. gah its raining too but alas, this is the lot of a mumma!
    Love to all
    T and A

Nadine, yea, we did go to the peadiatrician for his head. Last appointment the doc said that it was only a small problem at that time, but to keep and eye on it and try to encourage ben to sleep on the other side. But because he is addicted to his left thumb, he moves his head to the left all the time. But this latest appointment the peadiatrician noticed ben is starting to have slight back problems because of this and recommended we take him to physio 10 times (1-2 times per week) before it gets any worse. Im not sure how it would go in Oz, but i would definately make an appointment with a peadiatrician. Bubs can get back and neck problems from favouring one side, better safe than sorry.

Teena, I hope you are feeling much better soon!

Evening all

We donít have to much of a problem with Harryís head. He does favor his left side a little so has a little bit of a flat spot but nothing to bad fortunately. We had a physiotherapist come to our mothers group and talk about their mile stones and what they should be doing at what age and she also talked a little about the flat head. She had a look at Harryís neck because she said that some babies can get problems with their necks which cause this problem but touch wood he is fine.

Harry attended his second swimming lesson this week . I took him in the pool the first week and daddy took him in this week. I got lots of photos which will be great to look back on. He really liked it and didnít even seem worried when we put him under the water. And so cute in his little swimmers and rash vest.

Katie - I have also started to think about loosing weight. I started going to Weight Watchers about 3 and a half weeks ago. I have lost 3kg so far which is pretty exciting for me. I am determined to get into a few of my old suits when I go back to work in Jan which I havenít been able to fit into for a few years.

Also on the bubs that are sucking their thumbs. I have an idea that may work (Harry doesnít suck his thumb so it hasnít been tested). Have you thought about painting his thumb nail with that nail polish you mums used to put on your nails to stop you biting them. Maybe if you put it on one thumb then he will suck the other instead and then will have to turn his head in the other direction. (just an idea).

Anyway better go, gotta wake my boy up for his 10pm feed or he wonít sleep through till morning.

Wilson Guest

Not much to catch up on
    How is everyone? Busy with babes i guess?

We are good, not really much news, have to go have our 4 month injections next week which i'm not looking forward to, i hate watching his little face in pain, poor darling!

He has decided he isn't a big fan of napping during the day anymore but he isn't to bad at night so can't really complain.

We are off on holiday to my parents for 2 weeks next week, can't wait, mum is coming down on Monday as i have some appointments next week which i will feel pretty crappy after so mum will look after Harrison.

I've joined a gym to lose some weight i have a personal trainer 2 times a week and a meal planner etc its going ok other than eating the wrong things still lol but i lost a kilo in the first week so i was happy with that.

Is everyone still wrapping bubs? I tried to stop wrapping the nurses said it would take a few days and he would get used to it but he kept waking constantly and i love my sleep so i started wrapping again

Anyone have a slowcooker? Thinking of getting one and cooking dinners etc throughout the day rather than doing it at that time of night when i really don't feel like it!

Lolly - thats cool Harrison is swimming, i'm guessing its a heated pool, i'd love to do that but can't think of a pool that is heated near us, summer time definately though!

Can you believe our babies are 4 months old now, time flies, Harrison laughs now and it is super cute, smiles lots and has developed this new whingey shriek which is quite annoying

Take care everyone

Hello everyone,
    Well time does fly... i dont know what I do all day but all I know is that the end of it I am exhausted and still have dozens of things to do!
    Allegra is doing fine - at the moment a bit whingey but a lot of the bubs her age in mothers group and in Jan group are being the same. Must be a 5 month thing or something. Feeding is still going well but she seems to be hungry ALL the time, so I bit the bullet today and gave her a bit of mashed banana with EBM and what do you know she LOVED it.. and I mean, chased the spoon around until I gave her more!! I was going to wait until the week we go overseas (Allegra would be almost 6 months) before starting her but I'm not going to deny her now that I know that she loves it. I know the reccomended time is 6 months and I know there is plenty of research into it but I know she is ready.
    She has started waking up at 2.30am for some reason when she would normally sleep until at least 4.30/5am so thats another reason I figured she was hungry. We tried to resettle her without a feed but she really really wanted it.
    So thats our news...
    Also, Allegra had her passport done - she looks so gorgeous hahahahahah we leave on July 10th YAY. Everything is all booked too which is a relief.
    I'm still sick and the Dr bascially told me that I have virtually nothing in my system nutrient wise as bubba is getting it all. All my levels (iron etc) are low so I am having some liquid minerals and vitamins every day and even though it was suggested by many to give up b'feeding I'm still going to do it - I just love it.
    Today I was a good girl and dinner is already cooked - chicken soup, steak (which is in a marinade of red wine, garlic and olive oil) and some sauteed english spinach. I have been really wanting a glass of wine so I will enjoy that as Allegra has a bottle of formula at night and wont have a b'feed until tomorrow.
    Hope everyone is well and that bubbas are all being good. Ive been a bit down lately but have renewed my spirits knowing that I have a gorgeous baby and a wonderful holiday coming up to relax!!!!
    Ciaoooooo
    T and A xx

Sarah Ė I have a slow cooker and I use it all the time in fact I had slow cooked lamb tonight. They are really good when you are busy cause you can through all the veggies in at the same time and the best bit is that there is hardly any washing up which I love. Also will be good for when bub us starting on solids because it makes the meat so tender so really easy to mush up.

PrincessT Ė I have also just started Harry on solids today for the first time. I just bought some Farex to start him off and mixed it with his formula. I noticed that he has been watching me eating and also starting to wake up at night again so I thought ď What the heck lets just do itĒ. He seemed to really like it so I have bought a lot of little plastic containers and when he has been on the Farex for about a week I am going to cook up some pumpkin and freeze it. I know you are supposed to introduce one food a week but do you know when it is OK to introduce meat. I figure I will start with Veg then Fruit so he can get a taste for the vegetables before I introduce sweet fruits for fear that he will reject the vegetables.

I went to a "Jigsaw" toy party on Tuesday and bought a few toys for Harry for Christmas. Very reasonably priced and very good quality. Fortunately the toys are for a 12 month old so there is no point in me getting tempted to give him them early because he is to young for them anyway.

I had my weight watchers meeting this morning and I am feeling a little down because I have put on 100gms . I know I was a little slack this week but I thought that I would still loose a little just not as much as I have been. Oh well I guess it is just a reality check and it has motivated me to try even harder. I took my dogs for a long walk today and have been really good with what I have been eating. Here is hopping for a better result next week.

Oh well better go cause gotta shave my legs for Harryís swimming lessons tomorrow. Bye Bye

Teena- That's good that Allegra liked her solids. If she is showing signs that she wants it, then she is obviously ready for them. I am going to try and wait untill Kayla is 6 months old, but will certainly start sooner if she shows that she wants them. Atm though she is not interested on little bit. We even tease her by showing our food and then putting it in our mouths, but she isn't fazed by it at all. We are so mean hey

Lolly- I wouldn't worry too much about putting on 100gms. Are you exercising or just doing the diet thing? If you are exercising then the 100gms you put on could well be muscles. Most times (if exercising) you put on weight before you loose it ie. because you are toning your muscles. Sometimes I think it's better to measure yourself with a tape measure (too see if you have lost cm) rather then going on scales. Good luck, and you will loose what you want to loose

I will be back for more personals. Must have a shower before Kayla wakes.

hi guys,

I too have been MIA. just very busy finalising the sale of our business. the kids are great. zara is turning 3 in july so im also busy organising a party for her and aiden is going along very well. he's eating solids twice a day and loooooves them. he's still sleeping from 9pm to about 9.30am and has 1 30min sleep in the mornings and a 2 hours sleep in the arvo.
    well i must go...sorry too busy to personals at the moment. i'll be back soon.
    oh yes forgot to mention we have just brought a new car, a VZ commodore wagon, its very snazzy...

take care
    narelle

Right, I've been missing for a while too, and last I was here things were pretty bad... but here's the latest update (it's long!)....

Well we made it to 4 months, but what a journey it has been!

Finally we are starting to see our happy and content little girl shining through after all the dramas we have been through. I'm not sure what I last posted, but Bonnie had lost weight and we ended up at the Children's Hospital, then Bonnie was put onto a hypo-allergenic formula and I stopped BFing. But now things are going well!

Bonnie put on 400gm the first week she was on the special formula and the second week she put on 350gm! After the first appointment since being on the new formula I said to the paediatrican that I was VERY happy she was putting on weight but she was still very unsettled and unhappy and sleeping REALLY badly. He said to give it a few more days as it can take up to 10 days for my breastmilk to be totally out of her system and in the case of an allergy that she'd probably then be more settled once the 10 days or so had passed. I didnt quite believe it, but sure enough around day 10, we had a new baby on our hands! A happy, smiling and content Bonnie which was wonderful!
    By the next appointment the paed asked how things were and I told him - yep, she's turned a corner! He is convinced she has an allergy to something in my breastmilk, so when we start solids we will be avoiding dairy, eggs and nuts at this stage, but we'll be doing it with the Children's Hospital's guidance, so all will be ok.

AND since last Sunday, Bonnie has been going down around 10.30pm then only waking at 3.30am for a feed, and back down until 7ish - I am a new woman with all this sleep - we still cant believe it! And she is SO much easier to settle, doesn't fight sleep as much. (Much better than waking hourly!)

So the poor little munchkin has been such a poor b/feeder from the early days because there was a pain in her belly with the allergy I am so glad we have finally got to the bottom of this for her though, and she can be more comfortable, happy and enjoy life more, while her mummy and daddy do the same! We are a new family I tell ya - we are finally realising how much joy you can get from your baby.

So enough of that, and onto an update of what Bonnie has been up to now that she is 4 months (well later this week).

This age is SO lovely, so much more interactive.... Bonnie is chatting away so much more and makes the cutest sounds! If she is on the floor and I am talking to someone else she will goo, gaa and smile until I acknowledge her!!! And I love how she can be being held by someone else, but when she sees mummy, her face lights up and there's big smiles!

Bonnie hasnt rolled yet, but then she's missed out on a lot of floor time because she has been so upset previously. I reckon it will happen soon though, as she is so much more mobile on her tummy, moving her legs, arms and leaning over.

Last week she started reaching out with both hands to grab things, and she seems so much happier now she can grab what she is looking at! She is constantly grabbing things and putting them straight in her mouth. I love putting my face near her's, so she can touch it!!

Nappy changes are getting so much more difficult now she is wriggling and kicking around, but it's so cute, and we have lots of laughs!

Feeding time is such a better experience now that she is enjoying the milk, she holds onto my fingers (or the bottle!) and when she starts to get full, she makes little groans and noises!

Bonnie weighs around 5.7kg now, considering she was 5kg two weeks ago, we are very happy! She had gone from the 50th percentile to the 15th between 9 and 12 weeks, so hopefully now that she is back on track we'll continue to see some healthy weight gain. She is moving into 00's at the moment.

So life is a million times better at last. I didn't think things would get so good so quick... so I am still holding my breath a little..... but I am confident at least that we have worked out what was wrong and now we can make things better for Bonnie.

Thanks everyone for all your concerns and kind words. Fingers crossed things continue to improve.

Apple- WOW, that's great to hear that you sorted out what was upsetting Bonnie. You must be sooo relieved. It's so wonderful to read that you are having such are great time with her now and enjoying her alot more And putting on 700g in 2 weeks, that excellent. Well done Bonnie

Yes, this age is quite amazing. Every day they seem to change and get more personality. Kayla isn't rolling yet either, but I am sure she is not too far off.

I tried her on some home made apple puree on the weekend. Was just curious to see what she would do but don't think she is ready LOL. She didn't even realise for quite some time that she had something in her mouth and then when she did it just came back out again. I also think it was a little sour because she pulled one of those "sour faces" I am going to wait till she is 5 or 5.5 months before trying again.

Apple!! So happy to hear that things are going good for both you and little Bonnie. Children certainally are an uphill batlle, especially when its your first and you are unsure exactly what to do!
    Allegra is doing great with her farex - she really loves it and I am so happy. I'm putting off trying her with fruits for another 2 weeks I think - I just want her to get used to this new thing called "food"!
    Allegra is rolling - she looks so cute and pleased with herself when she does it. I even got the first time on video she was looking like she wanted to roll so I grabbed the camera and voila! She did it right for me... I was screaming hysterically and she was looking at me like I was derranged or something.
    We have lodged her passport too - such a gorgeous photo hehehe she looks like such a bubba in it.
    Well, better be off. She is having her sleep now and I have to run around to do some cleaning before she wakes up and wants to play.
    If anyone is interested I got the Gina Ford sleep book and even though I know a lot of people are sceptics on her techniques we tried them and they worked for us. Allegra has been on and off with the sleeping because of my sickness etc and she is now doing much better in the sleep department - this morning she slept until 7.30 and the night before 6.30 which is so so so good. The daytime sleeps was the real important thing for us as she was taking them at the oddest times but with a day or two of waking her and putting her down at different hours has made such a difference. But you need to be ok with conctrol cyring to some degree (which many people dont like) but as I said It worked great for us!
    Chat soon - hope all those MIA are well.
    T and A xx

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast