Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2006 #3

snowy, i hope everything went smoothly with your move. It sounds lovely where you are now. Dont worry about what the doctor says, you know your daughter more than anyone. OH no about your car. My hubby would have never let me forget it if i did that to our car, but he cant talk, im a better driver than he is, and HE is the one that is often having little "accidents", not me (touch wood).

Ben is loving his new mobility. He gets into EVERYTHING. I think we need to buy a new TV cabinet because the one we have now is all open, and he is forever pulling apart everything. His favorite toy is the remote control at the moment.

Ben's Physio appointments are getting harder and harder every time. Ben is just so strong I cant do the exercises by myself at home... I think we only have 5 more to go now, i cant wait until it's all over! Which reminds me, we have one today, NOT looking forward to that!

I hope you are all happy and healthy!

Snowy- Glad your move went smoothly. I bet it's so lovely where you are. That's the only thing I miss, the nice green grass and just the greenary in general. It can look so dry here at times. Bummer about the car.

Katie- Aww {{{HUGS}}}. What do they do at the physio?

Us- Kayla is doing well. She is now sleeping through the night. She goes down at 7pm (DH gets her up for a dreamfeed at around 10:30pm) and she sleeps till 6am. Although lately it's been 5am, but we just rewrap her and don't get her up till 6am for her feed.

She is eating her veges now at dinner time. We are still working on breakfast. She sits very well now, and doesn't topple over anymore, and she is also cutting her first tooth

So it's all happening here. My little girl is growing up soooo quickly.

Just saw Mbear posted in a different forum today, I wonder how she is going? MBEAR, if you read this, post and tell us how you are!!

Nadine - At the physio Ben needs to do a range of things. He hates it mainly because he cant move, not because it hurts. I dont know how to explain what we have to do! Its mostly about getting his muscles into the right places and strengthen them... Because he had a "flat head" from favouring one side, that seemed to effect his back and neck muscles, making his spine curve a little. Its not a major problem, but better we fix it while he is young.

Im so tired today, i dont know why! Tomorrow we are going away for the night to Bremen. Im looking forward to it, but MIL is coming. So I hope everything turns out ok, and that we dont have any problems.

Oh - have fun in Bremen - Katie - it's beautiful there. I had a boyfriend there some years ago and went there often.

Yes, it's very green here, Nadine. And I love being able to look outside and see trees and grass and the lake and the air smells so much better here than in london... At the supermarket they sell "Heidi Milk" and i have been a sucker and have been buying it, ha ha!
    Yeah on Kayla's first tooth!!
    And yeah on Kayla sleeping through! Zara has been sleeping through as well. She had this phase where she woke around 3-4 a.m. SCREAMING until I fed her but recently she has been sleeping through and wakes at 7 a.m. all happy and playful!

Not long till we go to Oz now... so looking forward to it!! I hope we can really all meet up in Sydney!!

Apparently we have quite a few kids here in our complex. I met one mom with a 24 month old, which is nice and she said that there are more kids between 0 and 3 years here, so that's good to know. She also recommended to go to Gymboree, so I might give that a try next week. I was thinking of going to the music gymboree with Zara and the Arts one with Wolf. Are you doing anything with your kids in terms of "organised activities" / playgroups?

Snowy

Thanks snowy, i did have a good time in Bremen. It is a beautiful city. So clean aswell! We stayed at Innside, next to the Space Park. Such a shame its closed... But it was absolutely wonderful to walk along the river with no soul in sight.
    We arent doing anything with ben at the moment. But i'll keep my eye out for something for us. Dh wants to take Ben to swimming classes soon.. I am too self-conscience to even THINK about getting into a bathing suit (havent been swimming for at least 4 or 5 years now). We will see how things go with that.

We are due to go to yet another physio appointment today and i am SOOOOOO TIRED! I feel like im getting the flu, i can hardly keep my eyes open. I hope its only due to all the walking i did on the weekend.

oops, i just realised we need to leave in 20 minutes and Ben is due a feed before we go. take care everyone!!

Hello everyone!
    So much been happening - Allegra got another tooth the other day and she is kind of crawling. She loves saying dadda but not mumma too much - cheeky little thing!
    Mothers Group is on today and we have such nice mums - its great to get together and have a laugh and talk about non baby things
    Oops better go Allegra is crying!

hahahah Allegra crys to crawl and gets lazy and gives up! she is happier trying to stand and walk.. who knows she might skip crawling.
    Its so hot in Sydney today.. I'l lucky I have things from overseas that we wore when it was hot that Allegra still fit into... she looks so cute in her summer dresses.
    Hope all is well... much love
    T

Teena- LOL, Kayla doesn't even try to crawl yet. Lays on her tummy and swims, hehehe. But she loves sitting and standing (when we hold her hands) and she also walks when I hold her hands and walk along with her.

Kayla got her first tooth last week and her second one is starting to come through. She was so good. I was expecting a night of lots of wake ups, but nup. I just happened to spot it last week and it had just cut through the gum

We are trying to sort out a new routine for her now. ECHN said that we should start giving her solids before her milk feeds now. That's fine and all but she seems to be waking around 5:30am and I think that's a tad early to be giving her solids........

We only just dropped her dreamfeed of a night and she was fine. She has slept through 3 nights in a row now But because we dropped her feed (nurses suggestion), ECHN suggested to change her feed times to 7,11,3,7 instead of 6,10,2,6.

What are your bubbas routines (if you have one)?
    Last edited by Nadine; October 13th, 2006 at 08:42 AM.

Nadine - Allegra gets a feed when she wakes (around 6ish) and had her breakfast at 7.30and then with lunch (which is at 12) she has water. She has her milk either before or after lunch sleep (depending on the day and how much she ate) and then she has dinner at 6pm, a bath, bottle at 6.30 and then bed around 7pm.

Allegra is having 3 milk feeds a day not 4 now but she is a little older too. If she wants a little snack I do offer her a 100ml bottle and some custard. Especially on days when she doesnt eat much.

It does change a bit. Allegra has been sleeping good. Last night she woke up screaming at middnight. I think she was dreaming or something. I picked her up and she was still upset poor darling. I have her a cuddle and then back into bed and she slept until 7 this morning.

When I went into her room she was sleeping on her stomach and had done a 360 turn in the cot.. she is getting so active in her sleep now!

Thankyou Teena for that Does she only have one sleep a day now? I think kayla is wenaing herself off three and is heading towards two a day (one in the morning and one in the afternoon).

Yes I was thinking about cutting out another bottle, but might wait till we have the new routine sorted. Perhaps another couple of weeks or so. How much milk does Allegra have per feed? Kayla only has 160-180ml. Even when we cut her bottles from 6 to 5 then to 4 a day, she still took the same amount per feed (not more). But she is healthy and taking what she needs I guess.

We had her weighed on Tuesday and she is 9.255kg clothed and 74cm long. Yes we have a tall girl, LOL

Hi Nadine,
    Allegra usually has 2 sleeps. I prefer her to do down around 9ish for about an hour and a bit and then around 1 for a sleep.
    Sometimes she does have three and other times she has one - depending on her mood!

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

Sorry i haven't posted for a while. Mum and Dad have been away for 3 months and i've been working full-time out their business. Lucky the office is at their house so the kids just play all day.

Aiden's routine is like this...

Wakes around 7.30am, has a bottle at 8am (240mls), breakfast at 9ish, plays until 11 ish, sleeps for 1/2 - 1 hour, then lunch about 12.30 ish, plays another bottle (180mls) around 2.30-3pm, sleeps for about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs, plays, bottle 180mls) around 5pm, plays, dinner 6.30-7pm, then bottle (180mls) and bed at 8 ish. And he gets bathed in the afternoon and other times it is at night which ever i have time for.

I hope everyone is well. I will get back on soon to chat more.

take care
    narelle

Ben's Routine:
    8-9am Wake, Breakfast (Bottle)
    10:30am Nap (usually 1-2 hours)
    1pm Lunch (Vegetables) + Water (sometimes diluted juice)
    2:30pm Nap (usually 2 hours)
    4pm Feed (fruit or Rice pudding) + half a bottle if needed
    7:30pm, Bottle
    8pm Sleep.

Ben has a bath every second day (washed everyday), usually in the morning after breakfast.

I think we might move back down to 180mls of bottle. 2 weeks ago he started drinking 240mls... But He is putting on weight so fast, i dont think he needs that much, so i might try giving him the lesser amount again.

Having issues with MIL (again). She is still feeding him things that we asked her not to. When we went to Bremen, She asked to make his mashed banana just before we left. I caught her mixing a heap of Sugar into it, looking behind her to see if i was watching (which i was, and i DID catch her). I didnt say anything, and i was beating myself up about it.

I didnt let her prepare anything else that weekend, but during breakfast at the hotel she kept saying that it was mean for us to not give anything to Ben (he was watching from his high chair, with not a care in the world, he just had his bfast) so kept attempting to give him things (dh stopped her).

then yesterday we went to their house for Coffee and cake... Ben was on her lap, and she began to give him a cookie. She looked to see if i was watching, and i WAS watching.. I just shook my head at her, giving her a slight dirty look... and she put the cookie back, looking ashamed. she avoided me for the rest of the day.

I'm not upset at the food so much, im more upset at her ignoring us and never asking if its ok for her to give him things, or put a heap of sugar in his food.

On a happy note: Ben only has 2 more Physio appointments.. YAY!

Ben is still crawling around everywhere... Loves crawling from room to room.. Getting into all the "undiscovered" places. It's really fun to know that you can call him, and he will come to you. So sweet :-)

I hope you all are doing well!!
    Last edited by Kaydee; October 16th, 2006 at 10:18 PM.

Hello girls,
    life is getting a bit more organised over here. We are trying out Gymboree at the moment with the kids. I think they really liked it and we will definitely be doing 2 classes for each of them a week.

Re. routine:
    Zara wakes around 7, she then gets a bottle
    around 9:30 she gets a kind of porridge with fruit
    at 10 I put her down for a nap
    She only sleeps for 30 mins so is usually not really hungry when she wakes.
    We have lunch at 12 and she gets some bread to chew on, yoghurt and a bottle
    She gets another bottle around 3
    nap time around 4-5
    Then at 6 we have dinner and she has veggies & rice or something like that and some water
    Then it's bath time at 7
    And bed time at 8. she gets a bottle in bed and falls asleep with it. This is when she drinks the most though - she finishes 210ml while during the day she often doesn't drink more than 50-80ml
    Yesterday we went to Gymboree from 3:15 to 4pm and she was soooooooo knackered then and slept almost until dinner time. Sometimes she naps 3 times - depends on what is happening. If we are out with the pram or so, she might just fall asleep and have a little sneaky cat nap.

Katie - arrrrg on MIL not quitting to sneak him things / put sugar in his food. You should really print her an article or something that specifies that children under 1 year are not supposed to have sugar (or salt).... arrrrrrrrrg.
    Maybe print this: http://www.strampelmax.at/stillen/beikost.htm or http://www.rabeneltern.org/ernaehrun..._beikost.shtml
    and highlight the sections on not giving them sugar or honey
    So annoying that she won't respect what you say..... though I know that some people of that generation are sooooooo crap with that stuff. My mom told me that one of her friends dipped the dummy in sugar and when her daughter in law complained she said "I'm the grandma, I'm allowed to do that" - WTF!
    I can't believe she put sugar in his banana!!! As if a banana isn't sweet enough as it is! Is she not worried about "Karies"?? How are DH's teeth? I find that quite shocking!
    Yeah on Ben crawling around so much! He sounds very advanced.
    Zara started to commando crawl through the house. She uses a "two-arm" technique to get around, it's so cute. Wolf alternated his arms, so it was quite surprising to see her doing it with both at the same time.
    She also cut her first tooth. Just like Nadine, I discovered it just after it had cut through... she had not had a problem cutting that first tooth - neither did Wolf.
    I can't believe my baby is growing up so quickly!!

1 month until we fly to Oz! Actually, today in 1 month we'll be sitting on the plane.

Teena - sounds like Allegra is doing well and growing up fast. Looking forward to meeting both of you in person!!

Better get going - I have some work to do, company audit... arrrg...a\ ctually came to the computer to email the auditor but got sidetracked... wooops!

Snowy

Thank you so much Snowy!! I've saved the sites, and will be telling Dh to read them. I wasnt able to find good information about what to give baby/what not to give, and they are perfect. Maybe now that Dh will have the info in German, he will take more notice to what his dear mama is doing.

Hello everyone,
    well, just wanted to drop in to say a big hello to everyone. I think Allegra is getting more teeth, she is drooling and chewing on everything again... although this time she is not cranky like she was with the first two. I must admit that Brauers Teething relief really helps her lot.
    She is also talking a lot more, words like Buba, mama, dada and the odd word here and there.. its also so cute when we sing twinkle twinkle little star and she does little stars with her hands.. its so adorable.
    I was thinking I need to buy some wine from this years vintage to put away for her. I remember when I got married my godmother had DH and I over for dinner and we enjoyed 1977 vintage wines... and it was yummmmmmm I suppose I will have to wait a few years for the good stuff to come out. Although for her birth our cousin bought her a bottle of Cristal! I almost died when he bought it around.
    Anyone else doing something special for remember the year of bubs birth? Also any ideas for pressies for bubs first Christmas and Birthday's? I was leaning towards shares because she had so many toys and clothes and I know she will get lots from friends and family. Intreasted to hear yours ideas.
    Have a great day
    T and A xx

Hi there girls!

Katie - glad I could help!

Teena - I think shares or money in a savings account is a good idea. It's not like they care anyway - they are babies - and with the number of toys they have and they will get... at least that's something lasting (well.. at least til she is 18, ha ha). We did not have many toys for Wolf up until his first birthday and then 1 month later it was Christmas and in those 2 months he got SO MUCH STUFF! Now we look like a toy shop... and the older they get, the more stuff you seem to buy / get...
    We bought Wolf a little farm from the Early Learning Centre with sheep and cows and a farmer and a tractor. He loved it and he is still playing with it. DH wants to get Zara the fairy castle or the vet from the same series ("Happyland"). From my parents he got a "Bobbycar" which is a little ride on car (very popular in Germany - Katie: you will probably get one ... they are actually really cool) and from the ILs he got a Wheeliebug (Aussie designed ride on toy - very cute too)
    On Wolf's first Christmas he was 1 month old and we didn't give him anything... well.. I thought it was a bit pointless... I kept on joking about tying a bow around my boob for Christmas morning
    Zara... well, she'll be 10 months so there are more options but I think it will just be clothes - we have enough toys from Wolf and I am sure she will get heaps of toys from the ILs when we are in Oz.

Well... life here in Switzerland is great. We have been enjoying the mountains and everything... went to Milan on the weekend (yes, Teena, did some shopping ) and for dinner we went to Nobu Armani and would you believe it: Giorgio Armani was in the bar of Nobu!! So cool. We were definitely the only people with kids there... but both were so well behaved. wolf ate a bunch of rice and edamame and even tried one of my salmon rolls - what a good boy. Zara was also sucking on the edamame but slept for a huge chunk of it. It's so nice to have 2 such well behaved kids you can take to a fancy restaurant to.
    We drove back via Lake Como and Lake Lugano and it was soooooooooo beautiful! It's so cool that Italy is just 200km away. We will definitely do this more often!

I have signed up the kids to Gymboree, Wolf for Art & Play and Zara for Music & Play. Hoping to meet some moms that way (and preferably some that aren't 40+... they are all so old here!!! I feel like a teenage mom having 2 kids by 31... how sad is that? )

Today in 4 weeks we will be in Oz! (and tomorrow in 4 weeks my little boy will be 2 years old!!)

Hugs

Snowy

Hello girls!

Geee, we have slipped to Page 2 - so here's a post from me to *PUSH* us back up to page 1.

All well here. Our nanny is unfortunately leaving. She wants to return to London. So I'll be on my own with the 2. Might have to put Zara into Daycare for 2-3 days a week and Wolf into Kindergarten, so I can work a bit. But am sure I'll survive actually... Wolf is quite sensible by now and he plays so much on his own now.

Zara is such a darling. She bum shuffles around the house now and is just such a delight. I made a little video of her doing her "wounded deer shuffle" (she drags her legs with her as if she can't move them - really weird). Here's a little video:
    http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j9...t=MOV05621.flv
    I hope you can see it - it's a bit dark... I will have to film it again in better light.

We are going to Oz in less than 3 weeks now!!! So exciting!! Are having some hassle with our tenants and we'll have to go to Tribunal to get some money out of them for ruining our floor boards (resanding will cost 2.5K and they are refusing to pay a penny even though we had a special clause in the rental contract re. the floors*sigh*) but other than that really looking fwd. to Oz.
    I am sure the in-laws will be psyched that our nanny is not coming to Oz now... we'll see how much they'll chip in....

Hope everyone is well
    Oh - also got some exciting news from my former bridesmaid: she has a new job in Manly, so will get to meet her for lunch every day!! SO cool!!

Snowy

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast