Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2006

Katie - sorry to hear you've not been well. Glad to hear thought that they figured out what it is.

Dummy: tried it for the first time today. It stops her from crying, but she loses interest after a while. It does not put her to sleep... but maybe it will just take time. I am not too keen to overuse the dummy ....

Pram: we have not been for a walk yet... the pram is in London so will try that next week.

Feeding: Zara feeds about 8 times a day, sometimes more. She feeds about every 2 hours in the day time and just twice at night (very nice). She is basically in the routine that Wolf was in after a few weeks... I guess I am being stricter with her than I was with Wolf, who was still on like 12 feeds at this stage.

I am seeing my obgyn tomorrow for a check up. I guess he wants to see what the haematoma is doing.

I will have to try to post some photos when I'm back in London. The plan is to leave on Saturday. Not looking forward to the drive but looking forward to picking up my life again and being our little family of 4!!

Snowy

bruky Guest

ohh Katie...I hope you are feeling better now...lucky they found out what was wrong in time...sounds like it could have got nasty?

bruky Guest

\/ Katie Jayne is 3 weeks old today \/

That has just flown!!! I cant believe how fast its gone to tell the truth, it feels like yesterday I was in here whinging about being overdue...lol

Hope you are all well and babies are being good for their mummies

Has anyone been brave and DTD yet? Sorry if thats too personal but we did this morning...was ok...not great just ok

Katie i am glad you are feeling better now and that your DH will spend a time at home with you until you are back on your feet, and or until your mum comes to visit.

Katie- Sorry to hear that you haven't been that well. Make sure you get lots of rest and I am sending you lots of recovery vibes.

Bruky- Yes, time does fly. It only seems like yesterday to me too that I was waiting for Kayla to arrive. Kayla is so alert when awake she does not seem like a 2 week old baby, more like a 6 or 8 week old baby.

DTD: Nope have not tried that one yet. Not that game to either. I am a bit of a wuss when it comes to that sort of thing. Would rather wait till after my 6 week checkup before considering it

Bruky - you go girl So not going there for a while - more for not having time or energy!! We'll wait a while yet me thinks.

KAtie - you poor thing, that is the last thing you need. That is on eof my fears, getting sickl while Bonnie is so young.

Snowy - madness for you, but wishing you all the best on your trip back home to London, it will be nice to get home.

ME - all is well, Bonnie is settling much better at night, goes striaght down after her feeds which is a lovely change. We try and feed and bath her around 10-10.30, then she wakes again around 2.30am , then again between 5-7am... I'm happy with this. Her awake and 'needy' time is now in the afternoon/evening, but that is much better than midnight-6am!!

She was weighed today and is 9lb 2oz (birth weight 8lb 8oz) so not bad for 2 weeks work! She has grown 2 cm too

We are starting to enjoy things much more now we are getting some nighttime sleep!

Bruky - wow... no... not even thinking about DTD. Last time it took me 6 months to get back "on the horse" and that's when I fell p/g ...lol ... I said 2 years of total absitence this time - not taking any risks... ha ha.. well, we will see. Not feeling too attractive with one E-cup and one A-cup boob so don't see it happening for a while... (and then only in the dark I think... )

Zara turned 2 weeks yesterday. We went out for lunch and she slept the whole time! Yeah! Also went to the registry to get her passport (it was a bit of mini-drama since I am not registered here but in London and they refused to give me one, so I just said "fine, I will register here then" and we registered the whole family ... if they want to be bureaucratic, I can play their game). And then I went to the obgyn for a check up. I asked him how big the haematoma is and he said 7cm!!!! Holy cow. That's big. He also took some blood to check my iron levels. He just called and my iron levels are recovering nicely but he said he is concerned about the haematoma not shrinking. He'd prefer for me to stay in Germany... but I just really want to go home to London. He said to see a doc asap if I have a fever or abdominal pain as the thing can rupture... joy oh joy.
    I will have to come back for a check up in 4 weeks and he said that if it hasn't shrunk by then that he will probably have to open up the stomach again and remove it.... aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg. Nooooooo. Had a little cry about that statement as I really don't want to be back in hospital!!!!
    please send some shrinking vibes to my haematoma, girls...

Nadine - I can relate - Zara is also really alert for a 2 week old! She is awake so much... Wolf was just sleeping all the time. Funny how kids can be so different! She also hates to be bathed unlike Wolf who loved baths....

Emma, yeah on the weight gain! (how much is that in gramms??). Zara was weighed yesterday and she has gained 250gr from her birth weight. Bonnie's routine sounds much like Zara's. She also wakes around 2 and then again around 4. She is awake a lot during the day and very needy then... but better than night time waking like you said.

Well, I better go and have a shower. It's 10:30 and we'll have some baby visitors around lunch time.

Snowy

Snowy - Im sending you some shrinking vibes! I was so scared i would have to go back into hospital a few days ago aswell, as my gyno said that if my fever hadnt dissapeared by that evening, than i would have to go to the emergency room.. and that freaked me out! Luckily it did go away though.

Its now nearly 11am, and Ben is STILL sleeping. He was a sooky bum until 3am, but luckily he sleeps very long in the morning. Yesterday he slept from 1am unitl 9am. And today its 3am until, well, 11am. lets hope he keeps that up.

the midwife visited me yesterday and she is happy with my progress. We are still at the in-laws... Mainly just because Dh isnt comfortable with being home just yet. I on the other hand, would love to be back home again... Im so afraid that Ben will get used to the surroundings here, and become unsettled as soon as we go home. But Dh wants me to fully recover, and he wants to feel a bit more comfortable first. which is fair enough i suppose. So it looks like we will be here until tomorrow, or Sunday.

We gave Ben a bath yesterday and he loved it! He has a bit of a rash on his bum at the moment, my medication is giving him the runs poor thing... So we dry his bum with the hairdryer, and he LOVES it! It really calms him down. And he looks so cute lying there naked on his belly with his bum in the air.

We had to change his brand of nappies too, he kept leaking all over his clothes, and we had to change him fully every nappy change.
    Snowy, what brand are you using? We were using Pampers, then changed to Fixies.... now we are back to Pampers again. I think we will stick to Pampers from now on.

Hi all,

Kaydee – Wow sounds like you have had a rough time. I hope you are feeling a little better. What a terrible experience.

Snowy – Hope your haematoma is getting better.

Me – We had a rough day yesterday. The people that were going to buy our house pulled out about 3 hours before the cooling off period finished. This means now we can’t afford to buy the house we had put a deposit on and have blown about $2000.00 in legal costs. I was really upset yesterday and Harry was also quite unsettled in the afternoon which I found very difficult to cope with because I was so exhausted. I ended up having to hand him over to DP and I went to bed. DP managed to settle him after a few hours. Thank god he is such a great guy. I don’t know how I would have got through last night without him.

I am feeling much more positive today after a good sleep and Harry is back on his best behavior (bless him). Our house is back on the market again so hopefully we will get some interest soon and we will be able to move out of my mums place. It is great staying here but we are really looking forward to having our own space IYKWIM.

Harry is growing so much. He is now fitting into his 000 clothes and is starting to smile. His eyes focus on me now when I talk to him and he has discovered his voice and makes little gurgle noises all the time.

I think we have the breast feeding business under control which is good. The midwife at my parenting group said that it is more common for bottle fed babies to sleep through the night earlier than breast fed babies. I was wondering what would happen if I gave Harry a formula bottle at the 10pm feed if that would help him to sleep through till 6am. Does anyone have any ideas or opinions on this? Also I was also thinking about expressing so I can leave him with my mum or DP when I go back to the gym. Can you girls that are expressing recommend a pump?

Hi lolly,i found hand expressing much easier than using a pump. I found the pump i use (avent) really fiddly and awkard. But its personal choice really. When having a 'let-down' have u thought about trying 2 xpress then? i will be doing the same in a few wks when its time to get hair re-done, eyebrows waxed etc - expressing and giving bottle to DH.

Formula much fuller on bubs tum tums, so makes sense they sleep a bit longer. I havent tried the formula/breastmilk combo.
    Sorry to hear about yr house - bummer they pulled out.

Like lolly had an unsettled day with Sophie yesterday. Took DD #1 to the park and sophie decided to cry the whole time we were there. I was pushing DD on the swing with a screamin baby in my arms - it must have looked a sight. I think it was a growth spurt, or something. I was feeding every hour at one stage but didnt mind, it seemed to settle her by 830pm last night.

Apple - amazed you can last till 10pm at night. DH and i are in bed by 830pm most nights. HOw do you last till that hour? We find Sophie will sleep from 830pm till 1am, then every 2-3 hours after the 1am feed.

Kaydee - how are you going?

Snowgirl - Yay on Zara sleepin thru your lunch, dont you love that ! How are you coping with Wolf? I have a 2 1/2 year old and finding it really BUSY, and she's that little bit more independent and older obviously....

Bruky - Well done girl !!! First to DTD .....nope, havent thought about it but DH sure has and think i will have to give in sooner rather than later. He's threatening to go over the road to the cute little blonde thats just moved in !!!! - in his dreams i say !!!!!!

Sophie 3 weeks tomorrow. The 0000 bond suits are on there way out i think , i dont think she will be in them much longer. Other than that, somehow surviving on broken sleep and taming a 2 year old, along with Sophie. Its 5pm somedays b4 ive made the beds........but im loving it though.

Hi girls,

long time, heh!

Sorry no time for personals...im glad everyone seems to be travelling along great.

ive had to changed aiden's formula due to mild reflux which has made the world of difference he's not in as much pain anymore...in two weeks he has put on 1163gms...and now weighs 5kg he's growing soooo quick. i can't believe he was 5 weeks old on friday.

Im back working at my parents which is great as i can take the kids and nana looks after them and haven't had the time to post. zara is coping very well with her little brother...she's very helpful. i brought a new pram the other day to start walking with. it's so much heavier with 2 on board now so lets hope i get trim taught and terrific quick!

take care i will be back soon...i promise!

bruky Guest

lol @ mbear....Dh said something similar (yeah as a joke too) to your Dh and I said knock ya socks off buddy...lol

I really did just give in...i knew it wouldnt be too bad as I hadnt torn and really didnt even feel like I had given birth after the first day (weird really I guess cause she was so fast??? no idea really why but wont complain). Poor Dh had been on a drought fo some time as I just wasnt interested whilst pregnant...not in the last 2-3 months anyway...lol

Guess what...................Katie is smiling!!!! its not wind either...lol Its a real definate smile and she is gurgling along too

My relactation isnt going as well as I thought it might...i just dont have the time to express (or the milk it seems) every hour...not with a family to look after...if she was my first it might be a different story???

its a real pity as I am so much more relaxed b/feeding now...it doesnt hurt at all and she latches on well but I just dont have the milk now...I also dont have the pressure that I put on myself to succeed and I know that she is doing so well on the bottle...makes a difference in the long run I guess

Sorry for not doing personals...just thought I would duck my head in quickly and I can hear Katie stirring...bugga I was planning on taking an early nanna nap 8-[

Hi just a quick one from me!

Back in London now. The trip was okay. Zara slept 90% of the time and Wolf was really happy looking at the cars (luckily we had 3 police cars and 2 ambulances and 2 tow trucks on the road... that gave some excitement for the trip )

Katie / re. nappies> we are using pampers with Zara. They had Fixies at the hospital but I have not seen them at my local supermarket. I did not like the Pampers with Wolf as the mesh would stick to his balls, so I switched to the drugstore's homebrand (back in Berlin we had a Rossmann drugstore and they had "baby love" but I don't think Rossmann is in NRW, but Schlecker has a homebrand that is pretty good). Aldi also has great nappies if you ever shop there (also in Australia! liked them much better than the stupid Huggies - they were way too narrow for Wolf). Zara is a different issue though (no balls that could stick to mesh, lol) and I think I will stick to pampers. Just ordered some here online in London as well.

Lolly, so sorry to hear about the purchase falling through. How annoying! Hope you find a new buyer soon!!!
    re. breazst pump
    I have the Medela hand pump and I love it! I tried out the Avent but didn't like it, the Medela though works really well for me. I borrowed the Avent from a friend and the Medela from the midwife ... maybe you have someone who can lend you their model for a day??

Bruky / yeah on Katie smiling!!

Mbear / things are okay with Wolf. He plays quite well on his own now and Zara still is so easy and does not need much entertainment... I wonder how things will be though once Zara can crawl and will get into his toys...

Okay, gotta go and meet the nanny
    very curious!!! i hope she is nice

Snowy

Wilson Guest

lolly sorry to hear about the house falling through, i am doing a forumla feed at his last feed before bed, and its working really well for us at the moment. The nurse told me its fine to top up his feeds with formula if i want to so sometimes his afternoon feed i give him a small bottle then as well after the boob if he is still seems hungry.

I'm not finding breastfeeding that great at the moment, i have milk and attachment is fine just so am thinking about going to bottle formula fed but we'll see i'm not making any decisions strait away. Having to get used to how to do the whole bottle feeding thing now as well.
    Thats the most stressful part for me is the feeding, everything else is going well though.

Breast pumps i bought an avent manual and for me it was crappy so we went and bought a medela mini electric and its great, i'm able to get more milk these days and it makes life a lot easier it was about 150 but it has a limited life span but for what i want it for its perfect.

DTD no way thats happening any time soon lol i'm scared and to tired, will wait for our 6 week appt at least.

Snowy - Glad the trip back to UK was good, hope the nanny is nice

Bubs is off to bed so have to go, hi to everyone.

Mbear - Im going really well thank you. I feel like i have fully recovered, but I have to take it easy for a while.

Ive finished my medication, so Bens nappies arent as full anymore... yay! He has been sleeping really well lately too.. with sometimes 8 hours sleep (from 3am until midday). He has trouble going down before 1am though.

We are back home now, thank goodness. My mum arrives on Wednesday, wohooooo!

DTD: well, i have a few stitches, so i dont think that will happen until after my 6 weeks appointment. Im still feeling bruised aswell. Boy am i missing it though! Do any of you find that your relationship with ur dh has changed? I mean, apart from the having a child (or, another child) part. I never thought it was even possible to feel closer to my Dh, but seriously i feel like what we did at the start... Fresh love... It's really beautiful!

Ooooh, gotta go, the boss is hungry.

Snowy - Yes, we have a Rossmann here... They are great. I bought a couple of nursing bras from there, €9 each. Cheap, but they are great for when my Anita ones are in the wash. The Babylove brand is great too.. Gotta check out the nappies. The Aldi ones are too big at the moment, but we intend to try those out as soon as Ben's bum is big enough.

Hi guys,

Busy busy busy, no time to get on!! DH goes back to work tomorrow, which will be interesting! I cant iomagine how I will get anything done or anytime to get on here, but I suppose we will work it out eh.

Bonnie is sleeping much better during the night, though is still sometimes hard to settle and get to sleep. Ifind I cant put her down until she is in a deep sleep, so she wakes and cries. I'm sure it's not setting up the best habits, but what else can we do?!

Today I have tried the hugabub, as she is not keen to sleep during the day. She has been in it for the last 1-2 hrs, asleep which is great, though I dont think I tied it too well! My boobs are all squashed in it too!

Question for you all:
    Does everyone else put there bubba down to sleep when they are awake still, or do they go to sleep in your arms?

Mbear - I dont think Bonnie would go down at 8.30pm, she is a bit unsettled still. So we save the bath until 10pm in the hope that she will settle well for the night. I try and get a nap in before the 10pm bath and feed though.
    She then wakes around 2.30-3, then somehwere between 5.30-7am.

Snowy - must be nic e top be home

apple - it depends on Liam's mood as to wether he goes into bed awake or i settle him in my arms. I would say mainly during the day he settles himself but at night i try to make sure he is asleep before i put him back in to bed otherwise without a doubt if he is awake i will pull the covers up on myself and he will want to be held.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast