Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #13

Kel - Yeah that is definitely a hint. Might have to get some cute hair bands.
    - DH is in the Army and is in Afghanistan. Yeah I have the extra time now to lose the weight, I just have to push through the comfort eating thinking that I have now and keep motivated. I have decided that if DH is going to be away for over 6 months now that I can't hold Tobi back any longer and is in training to be an ultra cleaver bub when his Daddy gets home and gets to show up all his tricks. Tobi does ask for Daddy and associates the phone with him and sometimes will grab the phone off me and chat to him. I have photos up and I point Daddy out in them so he remembers his face too. But I think 6 months is too long and Tobi will have forgotten him by then, which makes me sad.

Jayne - I am pretending to be happy for you, but I am secretly jealous. No its all good. You deserve it, make sure its worth while!! Alan has six weeks to make up for.

Peg - No TTC for me in October now. I had started to take my pregnancy vitamins, but no point now till it gets a little closer. I would like to be pregnant by the end of the year if we can manage it.

I have decided that if Tobi wants to come into my bed during the night then I am going to let him. Who knows, with DH being away he might need the extra love and attention (so do I) and who am I to deny him of that. Plus he is still sick and that might be causing him to wake up too. Trouble is the last few nights he hasn't been going straight back to sleep. Going to one sleep during the day has screwed up his system a little and he takes ages to get back to sleep during the night now.

Sally - That is fantastic that Brendan is walking. It doesn't sound like he is behind at all. And I am glad to hear you get to live rent free and can get the internet again soon. We miss you.

I am taking Tobi to get a hair cut today. Wish us luck.
    Love to all the other girls and bubs and thanks for all your hugs

TASH _ I'll be honest & I think you're right in saying that Tobi will remember who Daddy is. I'm sure he will remember the pics & know to look at his pic & say Daddy, but he'll forget the concept of what Daddy stands for. I know Claudia does. I swear she thinks somtimes mummy has a boyfriend & then other times she doesn't! LOL. She says 'Dada' all the time & points to his pictures, but **** she is on a major I HATE DADDY CAMPAIGN! She won't even LOOK in his direction, let alone listen to what he is telling her & if he touches her she either throws herself on the floor in a hissy fit or she just very calmly pics up his hand, removes it from her & continues on whatever she was doing. It's hilarious, but Alan is getting really upset with it. Claudia is a major snob though, she's not just like that to Alan, there are loads of people. It's quite funny to watch, especially the way she actually looks down her nose at people. But anyway, when DH comes back, Tobi will soon warm back up to him again & he will love having another 'man' in the house to bond with. Bugger for you that he's goign to be away for so long, I'll never complain about Alan being away for 6 weeks again!

KEL _ I have heard of my gf's kids coming back from daycare with their hair in piggy tails & stuff, I think the kids love having it done. Claudy loves having hers done. She goes & helps herself to Jess' headbands & wears like 6 at a time, it's cute as. She also brings me hair clips & says 'do dis' telling me to put it in her hair for her. SO are you the fruit picker or the pen pusher? What job did you take? I can't WAIT for you to come over!! I have portacot, car seat & a pram here for you to use, so you don't have to bring any of that, just a suitcase full of my tupperware that I order! PMSL.

KYM _ OMG Monkey only has 3 teeth? That's too cute for words! Claudia has 11 but she looks like she only has 8 because she has cross cut all of the back ones. how is she going? Haven't heard from you in ages you busy girl!

LISA _ How are you wonder woman? I'm meant to be going to my Cohens seminar tomorrow, but Claudia has an ear infection so I don't think I can go. She is sooooooo ultra clingy, I can't even go to the loo without her bursting into tears.

PEG _ So glad I'm not the only one who has a Hissy Missy! I get the tanties & the throwing of things all the time & I agree with you, sometimes Mummy has her own jobs to do around the house!

ME _ Well just got back from the Dr with Claudy. She is running major fevers again, getting up to 36.5 & soooooo clingy, it's really horrible. last night I was up with her from 1145 til 3am & then I put her into our bed & she woke every half an hour. She has an ear infection. So I'm hoping like mad it's not going to be a repeat of last years 7 ear infections in 5months. Apart from that, we are good over here, got Alan working like a dog in the house LOL & Jess is his little shadow, which he is loving. Talk soon!

Love Jayne xox

clingy is so so so draining! jem is clingy EVERY afternoon when i go and get her from daycare but only 3 more days of full on full time daycare for my little girl then.... drumroll please......
    i am fruit picking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that means i can pick her up by 3.30 on Thursday and after lunch on Friday - but i'll be honest, am sure that on Friday I'll probably leave her there until 3.30 as well.... and take 3 hours to myself... which will be weird coz my new cleaner is going to be coming on a friday morning she said that it will be like a genie has been in the house when i get home from work... she is really putting the pressure on herself!

and everyone jayney is my first party booking!!! i joined tupperware on monday night! am excited but heaps nervous - mainly coz i have had VERY little support from my "real life" friends - no one wants a party.... grrrrrr but i will make it work and at least payoff my kit... i dont actually want to remind them all they probably ALL owe me one, the number of tupperware and nutrimetic parties i have spent BIG at over the years..... anyway will see how i go

still have not heard if i got the office job or not, too close to call still and it is almost a week since the 2nd interview so that is kinda cool... i now feel kinda bad i have not told them that i wont be taking the job but really want to know if i would have got it.......

the dude that operates the team at the markets was so happy and surprised i wanted his job, even let me start at 6.30 onthe friday instead of 6, i start june 19 cool!!!
    so my life is starting to sound kinda fun: mummy, tupperware, fruit picking!

tashie - you are so so strong! it must suck enough that your dh away but for him to be SO far away must be awful... hang in there and remember we are all here for you - ***** and cry away WE all know i would be doing just that!! keep taking your vitamin just in case he comes home early.....

Quote Originally Posted by ~Jayne~ View Post
    Tshe is on a major I HATE DADDY CAMPAIGN! She won't even LOOK in his direction, let alone listen to what he is telling her & if he touches her she either throws herself on the floor in a hissy fit or she just very calmly pics up his hand, removes it from her & continues on whatever she was doing.
    OMG... this is exactly how Harrison treats me when his Daddy is around. I get upset and annoyed sometimes... especially if I have had a ***** of a day with him, and finally get him calmed down etc, and Daddy comes home and gets all the loves while Mummy gets the snob baby! lol

Another quick one... I have been so busy again lately. I am on so many different things online that once I finally get around to doing anything online I only get a small amount of time to dedicate to each! lol
    Facebook takes up too much time!

I'm about to go and see about enrolling Harrison in the ABC that's just about to open down the road from us. Arghhhhhhhh!!! I am nervous about leaving my little man... soon he will be in childcare for gawd knows how many days per week. I have to do it because my course starts in July.
    I'm going up to see my sister this long weekend... I am so excited to see her big bubba tum... she only has 17 days to go

Hey Girls,

TASH - So sorry to hear DH homecoming has been delayed, typical army. Just think though hon what a sexy Mummy you will be when you get home. I'm sure it will take no time at all for Tobi and him to bond.
    LISA - You will have to make me a friend in facebook have just started getting into it, very addictive.Hope the ABC centre checked out ok.
    KEL - You go your busy little thing. I have been invited to a tupperware in 2 weeks time, but gonna make an excuse and save for Jayne's big party for you!! Might have to make a night of it Jayne, can I sleep on the floor????
    JAYNE - You little shagger you!!!! Very jealous as not much action in our house at the moment, so you enjoy my little tiger!Samn about Claudia's ear infection hope she is on the mend.
    KYM - Hey hon, you watch all those teeth will come through really quiclkly. I'm worried what excuses I will be able to make once Erin has all her teeth, as I seem to blame everything on" She is proably teething!"
    PEG - That is Erin's latest trick whacking things out of my hand and throwing everything off her highchair arghhh!!!

Had the Mops thing today and Erin played up in creche and only settled down when they came and got me, oh well guess we are going to have days like that. Today they had lots of material and we used stapled guns to staple material onto canvas frames. I did one with pink cupcakes for Erin's room quite cute.

Not much more from our end.

so so quick will be back later maybe

tashie - i thought army guys earnt heaps when they got sent over seas for so long and had no time to spend it??? my SIL has i believe paid off her house and now renovating underneath etc etc coz of the money they earnt when her hubby was in timor??

lisa - i think i just tried to add you on facebook.... add me!!

kristy - jayne's party may end up being a catalouge party and i will bring the tupperware over with me (then i dont have to pay to get it delivered or bring my kit with me etc) but yes save your dosh for jayney's party

kristy and jayney - wooo hooo hey hey la de dah! August 9 til August 13!!!! i am in perth baby!
    woohooo benji is so sweet he is actually looking forward to working on my car while i am away!!!

he is teaching jem to order pizza right now.... we are not having pizza but looks like that is what you do when you talk on the phone apparently...

busy busy busy at work am so glad it is only for 2 more days!! then a week "off" (am so busy next week heheeh) and then new life starts.... june 19 pick pick pick

pegasus Guest

My DD forgot who my dad was recently. We spent 3 weeks with them in the summer, and almost 6 months later Dad visited us. First thing in the morning he came around (I expected him to come a little later once we were dressed, oh well) and she took one look at him and cried. She got used to him after an hour or so and after she came back from her father's (it was sunday) she was quite happy to be held by Grandpa. So don't worry too much Tashie, and I only have one photo on display of my dad and she doesn't really see it (its up away from her lol).

DD said Daddy today. When we were waiting for the train to go home after she was at her dad's. And this time it wasn't dadadadadadadadadad.

She's eating better, she ate all of her homemade lasagne last night and tonight (it was a really big tray lol). So I think her veg aversion was from the teething. Hmmm what to make tomorrow night? She won't eat a stew yet unfortunately.

grrrr button pressing issues....

jayney - does claudy really come up to you and say "do dis"? that is so cool

jemima is so so close to talking real words she is such a little chatterbox but no real words yet
    she was so happy this afternoon they said she had a really good day at daycare and it was the FIRST day she has not cried when i picked her up!

pegasus - do you think DD gets confused with the visiting days and times and stuff?

kristy - i cant wait to meet you and erin! i'm so rubbing your belly and saying hello to new baby - do you live near jayne? are you free august 9-13?? no idea what i am doing yet so far just chilling out with jayney the girls and bunny rabbits, i was born in perth so i cant wait to see what it is like, i left there when i was 5.... i'm guessing it has changed.

lisa - woohoo we are facebook buddies now! you should add Jemima Alice Wylie everyone who is anyone needs her on their friends list!

ryn ryn ryn - have seen you about on other threads..... come back and talk to us... we are all worried about you! how is pubert when you are going through all what you are going through?? are you getting support from DH???

pegasus Guest

DD knows when its visiting day, as first thing in the morning i tell her.

KEL _ Of course she says 'do dis'. You will see/hear it when you are over! SHe brings shoes, socks, clips, dvd's, or whatever & says 'do dis'. She is also saying 'stuck' when she can't shift/move/lift something. She also points to babies in pictures & says 'bubba' & she can say 'who's dat?'. She is learning loads atm & it's happening at a very scary rate. She is STILL gibbering in her own language which is really cute but so hard to understand. She can point to hear belly, nappy, eyes, ears, hair, nose & mouth now as well. She is one pretty clever bunny, but she just doesn't have the speech like Jessica has. Jess was about this age when I fell pg with Jessica (maybe 8 weeks younger) & Jessica could get on the phone to relatives & say 'mummy has a baby in her tummy'. NO kidding, she was motor-mouth-central!

PEG _ Glad to hear Flutterby is eating better again, it's horrible when they get all fussy. What do you do when she is off with her Daddy? WTG on her saying 'Daddy'. Maybe you can give her a nudge in the walking department? LOL

KRISTY _ Yep, Tiger's my name, hear me roar! LMAO. Well somebody has to be getting some don't they? Bugger that Erin didn't like the older ladies today, she will get there, maybe 1 time a week isn't enough for her to get the hang of it? HOw is your little belly going? You better come to my tupperware party & bring your credit card! We will see each other a few times before Kel comes over, we have to make sure. I was thinking we can spend a day at the zoo with her if you are keen? & YES, i think you have a girl this time as well. So what were your girl names you had lined up? Jayne?

LISA _ Isn't that weird that Harry does that to you? It's very insulting, Alan just laughs now. However, he was getting some attention tonight at dinner, but only when she was in the mood for him. I think the thing is that he annoys the crappers out of her & she just gives him a wide berth to avoid it all? I don't know TBH, but it's hilarious because Claudia is soooooo ultra snobby. THe way she casts her eyes down & she can almost roll them as well. She does this big long blink & then her eyes go up & down. It's classic. But back to Harry, maybe it's a boy thing & he wants to be one of the boys? Maybe DH just has that 'thing' with him, you know how some babies gravitate to some people?

ME _ Claudia has started stacking blocks. She gets all excited & claps. It's really cute. You know those peek-aboo blocks that I mean? She also has an abacus & she spends hours sitting there re-arranging all the coloured rings & pulling them off & putting them back on again. I think she is going to be a quiet achiever, where Jessica is the sports star. Did I say Jess has been chosen for the elite program at her gymnastics club? She starts when she is 4. There are 4 x 4year olds who are going to be in this elite squad. Jess can do it as long as she wants to do it, when she has had enough, then she stops. She will love it though, gymnastics is really big with her & swimming, my goodness, she's a fantastic swimmer. She can swim backstroke on her own!

Ok, off to bed!!! Alan leaves on Tuesday night.

Love Jayne xoxo

Anyone who wants to add me on facebook can... my name is Lisa Lawrence. My settings are fairly private so you will have to request friend before you can see anything. I'm the Lisa Lawrence with a face shot (addicted to facebook twins! Funniest application ever I think!)

too funny kristy you have the same surname as someone i went to highschool with - i was trying to figure out why (except to be totally cool) they would be adding Jemima to their facebook heehehehehe

wow i am actually tired! have not been tired for ages, am about to though get totally messed up.... doc gave me drugs for my anxiety (apparently i have a disorder) (grrr) and one of the side affects at first is insomnia and there was something else but i forgot i am sure i'll remember if it affects me though -
    long week at work this week, it is so different to being home with baby - so so weirdly different - they want me back hehehehe so i am going on tuesday but then have plans!!! can not keep going back! swimming lessons and playdates call!

KEL _ HOw are the pills going now?

Sorry for such a slack post, I"m just organising the freight company to fly my bunnies from Sydney to Perth that i have bought. hehehehe

Love Jayne xox

hey hey
    long story but not taking them until after i have blood tests for thyroid so that pills dont affect blood test results - ok that story really wasnt that long

think jemima has a ear infection so benji just taking her to doc now -

and i'm going for a walk with the neighbour to steal a tree.

pegasus Guest

What kind of tree are you pinching? Lol. I remember when I lived in Cairns in a new estate, people used to take all the new plants from the display homes. Well nobody buys a house for the garden (unless its a fully established mature garden) they want the house! Even my mum who never takes things took a few mondo grasses, just a few.

Good thing to not take meds that could effect the blood tests. You wouldn't want to be told there's a problem when it was the pills, and also you don't want the pills to cover the possible problem up. Smart girl!

DD had a shocker of a day yesterday but a very good day today. She's still on the anti-vege campaign but she will eat veges in shepherd's pie and in pasta. So perhaps I should make more meals with the veges in it. Could I make little pastries with vege puree and minced meat? Would that work?

My new cookbook should arrive soon. Apparently its been shipped so I'm expecting it anytime. Its 4 Ingredients by two aussie ladies. My mum said it was on the bestseller list and sold like hotcakes. So I gave in and ordered it online. I'm trying to hold off on getting Deceptively Delicious, I'm hoping I will get by without it. I also ordered a cantonese-english dictionary as a gift for my housemate, to help her when she gets stuck on words. I see her at times flustered a little trying to get the right word out. It can be hard for me too, when I can't think of a synonym for a word.

I was saying to my friend last night "I had a bad mummy day" to which he replied very reassuringly "you're not a bad mother. things will be ok, you're doing the best you can." t was so nice of him to say that, but I had to clarify, "oh I know I'm not a bad mother. I was just having a bad day being a mum. Like a bad day at work." I have a lot of confidence. Despite all I've been through, I am a happy person. But that doesn't mean things are always ok. I spoke to my close friend whom I've had a relationship with in the past, and I've come to the conclusion that we won't be together. We aren't ready and the circumstances will not be right for some time. So I'm going to try really hard to move north to my family after court late this year. So perhaps I'll see you soon Kel and forgotten the name of the other girl in Brisbane (she hasn't posted in a while).

DD is with her father for xmas, so my mum was adament that I not be alone for xmas. One of my friends drives up to Brisbane each year for xmas so he says I should come with for a road trip. Although I cannot drive, he says he wants me there for company. Bring on the music and the wacky eye-spy!

I really need to get out more. Love to you all xoxo

the other girl is Michelle and she may be coming to my kitchen warming party! yippee, jayney the snob is picking her bunnies in perth over cupcakes at my place, party pooper...!!

i am NOT that clever my brother is a med student and realised just before i had any tablets what kind of blood tests i was going to go for and what the pills may do to the results, it is awesome having medical advice in the family

YES YES you can put veges in pastries, I do it for jem and didnt even realise that I was finding another way to give her veges!! i make "sausage rolls" and the only thing that is "bad" about them is that I mix the mince in one of those continental meatloaf mixes which i guess gives it a bit of salt?? but then i put in grated zucchini, the other day i put in mashed pumpkin and other stuff like that and then i wrap it in the puff pastry and cook them and benji and jemima LOVE them, works a treat in the daycare lunchbox and she eats them hot or cold
    jessica seinfield actually has a book now i think about it all to do with hiding vege purrees in other foods like chicken nuggets and stuff like that

jem got another tooth and is having a sooky time but i dont think it is the tooth, when benji went to the doc her ears were red and had some fluid so gave her some drugs she was not herself but seems ok....

the tree is a bush not a tree it is a maybush and it is in the middle of vacant block of land, the council probably owns it i dont know but we went to 'stake it out' this arvo and it is bigger than i remember so we are going to be able to leave a heap of the bush there and just take enough to grow some so stage two of "acquire maybush" is on tomorrow sometime when we go back with a mallot thingy

jayney - how is claudy?

pegasus Guest

Deceptively Delicious is the cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld. I'm just waiting on getting it, hoping I can get her onto veges in my own sneaky way.

Give me a helping hand girls, what sorts of meals and snacks do your kids eat? DD is still in a soft-ish zone, so any veg has to be either small soft chunks (like in bolognaise or shepherd's pie) or grated or mashed. Atm she eats spaghetti bolognaise, kid's ravioli napoletana, shepherd's pie, oven baked crumbed dory (she hates fish fingers, good. i eat the dory too), homemade crumbed chicken fillets/nuggets, rissoles. She has gone off all mashed veges, and made a satisfactory attempt at homemade pumpkin soup and rice (used to be one of her favourites). I am trying to get her to eat veges in new ways and she looks at it/turns her head/pushes it away/spits it out. I have no idea of what I can make her that I would eat too. I really don't want to make 2 meals for 1 every night.

Sorry to be a nag or stupid.

toasted sangas, sausage rolls, cheerios (but have been guilt tripped they are bad)
    pasta, cous cous, frozen veges
    in some cases this means two meals are made but since she has earlier dinner time it is ok
    and i have the veges, cous cous and i also have chicken breast i've cooked in the microwave ready to combine in a bowl for jem with some sauce then put them in TUPPERWARE and keep in fridge take out and heat 35 or so seconds and viola she is happy
    if she lasts out for dinner with us she just eats a little bit of everything i know that doesnt really help
    sausage is good but only 'good sausages' um all things mince related,

sometimes jemima will only eat stuff served cold.... have u tried that?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast