Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #13

not selfish - proud mummies are awesome!
    brendan sounds like he is doing amazing!

lisa - life is too short to worry about high maintenance people

me - not pregnant - so going on the pill probably in the morning - it is one thing to decide that another baby not a great idea for a while but another thing to actually take steps to prevent it
    so i am a little weirded out right now - 12 days late which is due to breastfeeding - periods all out of whack - wonder when af will come back again?

Kel, I am so jealous, I've been 4-5 weeks all year! Bloody thing. Why can't I go back to 6+ week cycles?

Sally, Brendan sounds like he's doing amazing. I'm just chuffed there's a baby smaller than Liebling here. He's so diddy - he can still run under my legs.

Lisa, meh. I'm a bad friend these days; no time. And if someone was just going to be stupid and schoolgirly then I'd just meh at them.

What else, brain like a sieve, can't remember what we were saying.

Obviously DS is a genius but you all know that.

Oh yes, I'm thrilled Night Garden is back on before bedtime tomorrow. I love Night Garden! Anyone else? DH thinks DS is too clever to watch it but NO, it's fab!

Anyone else still having sleep issues with babies? Or just me?

Thanks Kel! Sorry to hear that your not UTD :hugs: And you are so lucky... I got AF back about 6 weeks after birth, just as regular as ever too.

Rosehip Fairy, Thanks I like having a smaller kiddy, I can carry him for longer and his clothes fit longer too! Theres lots of pros

Oh don't get me started with sleeping issues Brendan has been waking 13/14 nights and not re settling, I asked the CHN about it... thinking it's the snoring thats affecting it. Ack I could really do with a good night sleep!

Take Care

Sal - BOL for Brendan's TT snip! Wow... how exciting for you both.
    Does he need to go under anesthetic for that now or will it just be a snip like Harrison had?
    Either way, it must be a relief.

Hi everyone
    I'll come back later to do some personals... we're just having a quiet day here today... we went to the footy last night, and Harrison loved it. Everytime the ball came up our end, he would call out "BALL" and have us all laughing. He even baby flirted with 2 teenage girls behind us! They thought he was gorgeous (they're right of course! lol)... Harrison would turn around and look at them and smile etc... very cute.

Goodmorning!

Lisa, Brendan will be under a general anaesthetic... which is scary! We will be in the hospital for the entire day, and hopefully no longer. I know I've made the right decision, he isn't outgrowing it, but I still can't help but think about what I'm going to put him through My biggest fear is that he has a reaction to the general

Well another night lost, he was awake by just after midnight He's down for a nap atm, hoping to get a least 1hr!

How is everyone else this last day of winter? WAHOO!

Take Care

Hi Girls,
    How are you all? Long time no see I know. I have been avoiding bb for a while, but I miss you guys. I do read from time to time and it is mean for me to know what you are all up to and you not know whats going on with us. It feels slightly stalkingish in a way. So I am back if you'll have me.

Well other than Tobi and I are both sick atm, we're ok. Tobi has started to talk again and I am slowly starting to understand him. He still has a lot of trouble getting words out (he says bowl for belly), but at least I know when he is hungry (narna) and thirsty (bottle) etc.

He is starting to climb now, so my house is no longer baby proof, and he is getting into a whole new range of mischief.

He is loving learning his animals and has lots of little figurines and flash cards that he follows me around with, asking what it is and what sound it makes. And he loves the Wiggles. He would watch them all day if he was allowed and will only ready wiggles books atm.

And loves trying to unlock doors etc. with keys. He can get the key in and out and unlock the filing cabinet with no problems (after losing the first set of keys and I had to order more from internet). I don't know if it is a good thing him being able to do it, safety wise, but it does take a lot of skill to work it out. I try to give him the wrong set of keys for the front gate if I can manage without him noticing.

I am still dieting and have lost 23kg all up now and down to 65.9kg. I just want to lose a couple more and I am happy. I went shopping last week and got skinny jeans and a size 10 skirt. So it is starting to sink in that I am not big anymore.

My Dh gets home in about a month. It has been a really long trip and I have been struggling a lot. At one stage I didn't want him to come home. But I am out of that rutt and looking forward to seeing him again and TTC. Although he is only home for couple of weeks before he goes away again for seven weeks, so we wont actually be together when I am ovulating till Dec.

I am still studying and so far behind. When I was sad and cranky couple months ago I did nothing and now I am paying for it. I have 5 weeks till my assignment is due and so much to read before then, so that is all I am doing when ever Tobi is sleeping.

I have Tobi booked into occasional daycare for one day a week and was supposed to be starting today, but we'll wait till he is over his chest infection. It was so hard trying to work out what colour labels to get etc.!!!

Remember me talking about how I started letting Tobi into my bed if he woke up during the night. I have broken that habit, but he still wakes up about 3 or 4 nights a week. They are so much harder to sleep train at this age.

Tobi has 9 teeth now, but all totally in the wrong order. The four molars were the last to come through. OMG that wasn't fun. Hopefully DH will be home before the next lot come through.

Sally - So glad to hear you are back and that Brendan is doing so well. We'll be thinking of you next week when you get his tongue fixed up. How is everything going with you and DP now that you are living together etc? I hope you are well and happy and Brendan starts sleeping better soon.

Ryn - What ended up happening with your head darl? You vanished and we never found out, been worried ever since.

Kristy - So glad to hear the pregnancy is going well (I still think it is a boy). Are you going to try and toilet train Erin before bub comes or anything big like that? I can't remember if you put her into a big bed or not already.

Jayne - How are the bunnies? Any more babies? The neighbours have rats and Tobi loves to visit and stick his finger in the cage! They have about 40 babies ATM. How are you going back at work? The girls go to your Mums place right? Are you still doing your sit ups etc everyday?

Lisa - I am sorry to hear that you have a meanie on Facebook. That is part of the reason why I don't have a page. How is the diet going darl? Have you asked anyone about Harrison talking with his mouth shut? I am sure that he is just trying to explore the world of sound etc. and its just a learning thing.

Kel - How is the reunion planning going? Have you worked out what you are going to wear?

Does anyone use PeaPods Nappies? A friend showed them to me last night and I am really impressed. I think I might convert.

Love and kisses to all the hard working mums and beautiful babies
    Tash
    Last edited by Tashie; September 2nd, 2008 at 02:43 PM.

Tash!!! Well done on the weight loss!! Brendan is also starting to climb... DP and I are back together... and living together again, we've learnt to communicate better now! As for Peabody nappies... I haven't heard of those, I've used PeaPods?

Not feeling the best ATM hoping 'm UTD!

Take Care

Sally - Peapods. Thats what they are. You happy with them? I hope you are UTD. Its hard when you are TTC, every feeling you read into. Fingers crossed for you

Tashie, LOVE my peapods, they are easy to clean and dry quite quickly too. Brendan wasn't too happy over winter in mcn's, but will probably go back into them after his surgery and needles, when he's feeling better. I also have Babybeehinds magic-alls AIO they are great too! Peapods seem to hold more wee though, so if Tobi is a big wetter you may be better off with them. I got mine through bambinipronto almost a yr ago for $10... so shop around, you can get some wuite cheap!!

I'm not game enough for overnight use... he's in huggies overnight.

Hi all

My head... is all over the place. But my nerve damage, nothing has been done. This is the NHS, after all. I'll have moved to Donnie before anyone gets anything organised! TBH it may be worth coming back down to get the tests done.

We're looking at moving again, but this time DH is organising house viewings. So that's good. And looking at jobs.

As for nappies, cloth at night rocks. I went to change DS's nappy at midnight the other night, first night change in about a year I think, and it was bone dry! He had been up every hour pretty much (DH didn't change him with poo and he has a nasty rash, which chemical nappies at nursery flared up again yesterday) and no wee! He does do a massive one first thing in the morning. But he's now able to sit and play again, which he didn't do the month of teething pain, so that was great this morning hearing him giggle and play with his giraffe and tiger (he has 7 toys at the bottom of his bed for mornings plus his blanket and his Herr Hare).

Tashie, you're lighter than me now I think, I daren't weigh myself atm. Well done you!

I hope it is the last day of winter, Sal - I want my summer! We had some nice weather June and July but mostly cloudy and one nice day last month, but not summer. I want summer! Although autumn means brand-new night garden on the TV so that's good too.

Best be off, I'm starving but Tuesday is my no lunch day so best concentrate on something else. bye!

hello everyone
    completly selfish post for a change (i crack me up!)

JEMIMA WENT TO THE POTTY AND DID A WEE ALL BY HERSELF!!!

i was drying my hair in the bathroom after we had a shower together and she was just walking around and then she put her foot in the potty we have sitting beside the toilet (2 bucks at a garage sale) we have sat her on it once or twice before her night time bath but that is it.

so i told her that you dont stand on it you sit on it

so she sat on it and did a wee!!!
    then she got some toilet paper and wiped her bum and put it in the potty then GROSS she picked up the toilet paper all wet and put it on the lid of the toilet so i opened the toilet so she could put it in and then i picked her up so she could flush it!!!

too exciting - she is not a baby no more!!!

Smylie, thats fantastic!!! Brendan is months off Toilet training!

Awww Kel!!! That post makes me wanna cry! What a big bubba! WTG Jemima!

Hi again everyone
    I just popped in to congratulate Jemima... I will do personals later. I have James home from school today sick with a cold... so not much time today.
    I hope everyone is well and has a good day.

Lisa Hope James feels better soon.

Helloooooo.

You know, I was just thinking exactly what Tash said the other day...... I try to get on and catch up with what you are all up to, but usually don't have time to post and have been feeling a bit selfish and stalkerish myself lately...!

I am just soooo exhausted lately and not because of any exciting reason like being pg.... just everything getting on top of me, I'm just such a slack, lazy person that i am behind in both of my works, plus am doing work for DH now, plus am trying to organise our kitchen reno - blah blah blah...... i know i shouldn't complain, just tired..... well, little rant now finished.... stay with me!!!

Ryn, lovely to have you back!

Tashie, nice to have you back too, but i am lucky, we get to hang out, so i usually know your goss..... however i didn't know you were thinking about MCN's???? I don't have any PeaPods, but have heard many negative stories about them from people on the pocket nappy sub-forum..... but Sal seems happy with them.... I love Monkey's FuzziBunz/HoneyChild's and Haute's and have heard that Bumgenius are also awesome - we can chat on Fri. And I agree with Ryn, MCN's rock at night - we never really have any trouble with them, just use a double insert, which is a bit chunky, but i figure doesn't matter when they are just at home in pj's.

Sal, good luck with TT op for Brendan - must feel good to finally be getting what you knew was best for him all along!

Kel, thanks for talkin' me up!!!! We had an awesome time with you and Jem the other day and I was thinking the same thing.... wish i lived back up there and we could hang out more (no offence Tash if we moved, i'd probably hassle you to get DH t/f back too!!!)

Jayne, Kristy and Lisa - hi and hope you are all well!

Monkey update:
    Talking continues to be one of her strengths, growing teeth not so much! (she still only has 8).

Our big news of today, was that she slept on a mat with the big kids at day care and was a very good girl, no mucking about, no crying, so no more pram required to be trudged in and out of day care anymore - yay!!! They also went down to the family day care main centre for a wildlife thingy - they got to see and touch snakes/lizards, possums etc.... sounds like she had an awesome time and wasn't scared at all, i guess she's too young to have learnt that fear.

She has also stopped (almost totally) pulling hair and hitting other kids. She still pulls my hair, but we are working on that - actually i'm trying to ignore it and hope it goes away too... Kel, you've got nothin' on my lazy parenting techniques!!!!

But I do have a question..... Monkey has woken a few times recently screaming, often around 1145pm and when she eventually calms down enough to talk she demands milk! So, i have been giving her some, cos i figure either she really is hungry/thirsty or she at least needs it for comfort - its really odd, cos she has never been a "milk at night" kinda girl since she weaned, it's almost like she's regressed a bit. i don't really mind, but am just wondering if anyone has had this happen and what have you done?

I'm sure i have more to tell you all or ask about your lives, but have forgotten and am tired now.... I am going to make an effort to try to catch up with you all at least 1/wk (hopefully that doesn't cause too many groans....!)

Hugs to all and good night.

Kym, DS seems to be having nightmres at the moment. He just cries and cries and needs to be picked up, cuddled and then have me in bed with him - for six hours last night. I am nearly six foot tall and cramming myself into a toddler bed isn't easy. But he doesn't need a cuddle, I can roll over and have my back to him and he's fine. Got to stop soon but it could be all sorts of things, I'm hoping it's pain because then the waking will stop soon!

Kel, I am so pleased to hear about the potty. We may be moving soon - DH wants us moved by Christmas I think! - so I'm not going to start a potty yet. But DS was naked and no wees for over an hour this morning. Then wanted me to read him a potty book at the doctors. If we weren't going to move soon I'd be starting now. So pleased DS isn't just super-precocious again.

I'm proud of little man today because... he knows not to play with litter. He knows that you pick it up and put it in the bin. I always remove litter and bin it if he looks like he wants to play with it and now Liebs is doing the same! OK, not happy about him touching it in the first place but WHAT a good boy! He's also getting more and more and more words, today he told me he was doing "big steps" in the park. He was as well! Genius boy.

Ok, i know i said 1xwk, but i have big news.... but first i'll reply....

Ryn, I was wondering about the same with Monkey, I have heard night terrors can start around 18months, but often not till closer to 2.... plus I have also heard it often affects boys more than girls, so very well could be what Liebs is having..... I'm not sure if it's night terrors with Monkey, but a couple of times when its happened she screams more and gets worse when i go in to comfort and pick her up and i've heard that can also happen with night terrors......

Monkey loves to put rubbish in the bin these days too! And she's just learning the concepts of big and heavy this week..... funny how you can see them actually processing and taking in those sorts of concepts over a few days or a week, then they have it! She learnt "high" last week at my Mum's house.

Monkey has now said on 2 occasions "poo" then when i ask if she's done one already she says "no - toilet", like she wants to go do it in the toilet, but once i couldn't get anywhere near a toilet (outside airport with her and trolley full of bags waiting to be picked up!) and the other time she got scared once near the toilet, so we just looked inside it!!!

Enough about her.....time for my news.... I just quit my Sat job today!!!! Will have a long exit to help out my boss, but there is an end in sight.... so soon my mood won't be "stressed"!!!

if i dont tell jemima to put stuff either back or in the bin she eats it.... annoying though if there is no bin nearby as she will search and search for a bin

pubert sounds so clever saying big step - jemima knows what a big step is but she hasnt said it

jemima's latest when i ask her what a chicken does is to actually act like a chicken very cute

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KYMMMMMMY doesnt it feel great like a bit weight is lifted off your shoulders - what did youdo for a job anyway??? so does that mean monkey will stay home from daycare after that?

jemima is so sick at the moment - which makes me realise how not sick she sometimes is when i take her to the doc - i went to doc but the line was so long so i went to the chemist coz i am sure it is just the flu that is going around mixed with reaction to chicken pox shot
    her temp is been so high today and then normal and sleeping all day (heheeh) but also coughing and snotty and yesterday she had weird spots on her back - she is asleep again now....

and i am off to make hamburger patties as that is what benji said he wanted when i gave him a choice of everything in the entire world coz i am home today coz jem is sick

from kel
    aka
    domestic goddess!

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast