Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #3

Hey hey Ryn
    Yep portion control.... yep yep, I know! And am getting better at having less but still having crap... my problem is i ENJOY food, and I am fidgety so i always need to be doing something and i have made mistake of associating TV with food, as I didnt have a TV for so long now it is back I am getting addicted to both... but am SLOWLY getting better, I now know I can maintain the same weight as I have for a while so just have to drop some kilos and not have birthdays and I'll be right! When on proper weightwatchers about 4 years ago I lost 10 ok 9.5kgs pretty quick but didnt eat more than 18points a day and did HEAPS of exercise! So trying to lose weight on so many points is weird... not actually counting though am just eating heaps better and I guess just eating properly and doing exercise... so I guess if no results in 2 weeks first step will be to start counting points properly not just guessing how many points i've had etc
    I SHOULD do better this week coz i've been drinking lots of water too....

Jemima worked out her own sleeping times, I dont know how you will go getting Pubert to do those particular times... although SIL did with Hannah, dont think it was a happy house while she was implementing it but Hannah been in bed at 7pm everynight since about week 3 if not heaps before.... as SIL always talks about the "her time" she has at 7pm, Hannah did wake again at 11pm and 2am for ages and woke up I think about 5.30 then streached it out a little but still woke in the night then SIL I think gave her water at the 11pm as she could tell she wasnt hungry and then i think eventually the 2am disappeared and now she sleeps through or that is what she says anyhow, dont know really... but maybe try water or something for the middle of the night so that DS doesnt get anything so goes to sleep?
    I am so lucky Jemima picked her own times and they suit me fine... 7.45am is her fave time of the moment... she has weirdo daytime sleep/wake routine but pretty consistant wanting 5.30pmish feed followed pretty quickly by 6.30pmish feed no must be about 6.45pm then she is in bed by 7.30ish and that's it no baby......... today we (Jemima and I) slept from 2.30 until 5.15ish too! (Mummy's second nap since Jemima was born)

Oh and I was right she wanted a feed just as my lunch and dinner was hot..... and now i think about it wanted a nappy and a feed this morning just as my crumpets popped out of the toaster!

Kirsten block your ears I am going to talk disposable nappies....
    EVERYONE WE HAVE FOUND A NAPPY BETTER AND CHEAPER THAN HUGGIES!!! The coles brand nappies they are in a white packet and say "super absorbant" Jemima LOVES them... when we go out or are having a disposable nappy day we are using them and NOT many of them, today I changed her at about 11.45 then we went to lunch and then we had our nap and THEN we had our 5.30ish feed and THEN we changed her nappy! Full to almost over flowing but she didnt care! And she is always in disposable nappies for bedtime so these nappies last 12 hours and they are heaps cheaper... they dont leak and they have little pictures that change when the nappy is wet... AWESOME

Kel, I thought you were a fellow clothie! Now you're over on the dark side?

Exercise... so important! Liebs has to see me enjoying fruit and exercising so he will in years to come, but he loves me doing sit-ups - I prop him up so every time I'm up he gets kisses! Works for me!

Must admit, poor little Liebling isn't happy with bedtime, he knows the bath is comingand is happy, but once the bath is over it's bedtime... eek! Usually he's down at 8-8.30, which is great for me, but last night he was up until 9, so a bad night through the night too. The bad nights are fewer since we started sleep training, but I have to be more vigalent with it.

We do cloth too, but not everyday, however Benji is so in love with these new nappies he always comes out with Jem in a disposable now, basically no matter what! (also we are getting some really hardcore water restrictions happening so we actually do feel bad with every drop we use.... so any extra washing at all makes me feel weird... i even had 4 min shower today when the timer we got ran out....)
    Oh and i gotta learn to fold them another way that still stacks good, she getting way too big for the way i've been folding them... ho hum not hard but just something else....

I agree with getting babies involved and seeing the exercise... I love my walk in the afternoon with Jem, heaps more fun than walking in the morning as there is no glare with the sun and she can look at the sky and the trees and not be covered up by a wrap.
    I'm not really allowed to do situps with the c-section "healing" it has been a while but i still feel stuff so cant over do it, am allowed to start situps again though so that exciting just not a lot of them, I can do push ups and do them above jem all the time she thinks it is funny, got a little bored watching the cross trainer this morning though, tomorrow i will tie ribbons on the handles for her to watch.... (and that'll work for five minutes more maybe) (ho hum) and i am going to start baby yoga just as soon as my neighbour can come with me... dont know when that will be as her father had massive stroke and things are not good...

Jemima doesnt have a bath every night, sometimes as long as there is not poo and spew on her she just has a shower in the morning, so at nighttime 'bedtime' is when she falls asleep after the 7.30ish feed if there is time before that when she is awake after 5.30ish feed then she may get a bath but not set in concrete so maybe she doesnt mind going to sleep as she is not associating it with anything but being tired, full and content?
    but now i think about it Hannah has a bath routine, which i believe is BIL's job everynight to bath her and get her ready for feed before bed i think.... would love to be a fly in that house....
    what is sleep training?
    Last edited by smylie; May 2nd, 2007 at 11:38 PM.

ps - Kirsten, when my mum comes over she tries to help but is so damn excited about seeing and talking to jemima she forgets what she is doing then i always end up with her back again... and not always my happy jemima usually a tired jemima.... but of course my mum always thinks it is wind.....
    but when nanas or mums come over it is so nice to see them enjoying grandchild/greatgrandchild you just cant help but let them totally overtire your child... it is so weird....
    i am going to check out the weeones now

Kirsten - Quinn is gorgeous! He obviously loves his swimming lessons too! I've decided to wait until sommer comes back around before taking Bella, although I should do what you're doing because we have a pool. Quinn is also very clever, rolling like that! Funny about your Nanna. Of course she remembers what it's like, but she doesn't care, as long as she gets lots of cuddles! Sweet!

Ryn - My SIL had so much trouble getting my nephew to sleep - he took a couple of years I think before he had one night sleeping through, so don't feel bad. Does the sleep training work for day sleeps too? How do you do it?

Anne - Good to "see" you again! I've been meaning to ask you how things have "bounced back" (physically and mentally). I'd be interested to know how well you're coping (although you sound like you're doing extremely well with working from home and all). I'm still very much in two minds about whether to have another one (within 2-3 years, taking me to around 37-38)....! Also, I think two closer together will be hard.

Kristy - How did the needles go? Poor little bubby! I know what you mean about getting them over and done with!

Kel - Yay for finding a better nappy than Huggies! I'm going to grab some next week I think! What size is Jemima in? I tried the Wollies Select brand because my friend had the Crawler size and said they were pretty good. Because Bella's got a teeny bottom still, I grabbed a box of the Infant size, and they were HORRIBLE! You're doing well getting on the cross trainer each day - I manage once a week and that's when DH is home!

Me/us - I finally received my Wonder Weeks book, and it seems that Isabella is going through a developmental stage at the moment - she's almost following the book to the letter! The last two days she will only sleep in the daytime if I am HOLDING her, no matter how tired she is! So yesterday I was stuck on the couch for 3 hours and today she only got 1 hour of sleep because I was trying to get my work computer going. My left arm is going to end up with massive muscles! As usual though, she is sleeping through the night. We have our usual nighttime routine which really works well. She has a bath at around 5pm - she LOVES her bath. She smiles at the tap (what's with that??). Must be a nice looking tap. After that, we have quiet play time and lots of cuddles, then she's in the rocker or with daddy while I cook dinner. She watches us eat (she loves to watch our faces while we eat), and is usually quite happy to stay in her rocker as long as we don't take too long to finish. After that she'll have a bottle which is just before 8pm, and off to bed at 8. If she's ready to go to bed, she won't complain at all. If she's not, then she lets us know and we try again later, but that's rare.

She's also stopped chatting as much (another Wonder Week sign) and just stares at everything. She is sooo serious compared to her little friend! She gives me lots of smiles and laughs on occasion, but my friend only just got her first smile out of her only yesterday! Her daughter (who is 2 days older) won't STOP smiling - at everyone and everything! Amazing how different they are.

Well I'm officially back at "work" 2 days a week now. I will be working from home pretty much whenever I want, as long as I work the hours I'm supposed to. Going by Bella's current day sleep pattern, I'll be taking the entire week to get 2 days done!

I think I'm putting weight ON at the moment, which is bizarre! I only need to lose a few kgs, so am really looking forward to going to the gym when it opens next month. I may have put some on thanks to muscle buildup (after our 27km bike ride on Sunday - DH is mean!) too, so I'm not all that concerned. The gym is also going to be my little daily "break" away from being a mum and doing stuff just for me for an hour or so. Nice!

Better go and do some study now (the stock market is having another boring day!). "Talk" to you all later!

Hi Girls,

Erin's needles went fine she had a cry when they went in but only last a couple of seconds and she was fine. Glad to have it over and done with.

I have started getting back into the exercise I have netball training on Wednesdays and a game on Saturday and this week I have gone for a run with the dog twice and today I did my pilates DVD. Feels good to start to get the fitness back a bit.

I stayed with my Mum for a week when I went up to Perth and she never put Erin down. I found when we got home she wanted to be held constantly and it took a coupele of days before she was happy in her swing and on her mat.

Well girls, better hang the washing and tidy up a bit whilst she is napping.

Hey Ladies,

RYN _ I'm intrigued too about what the sleep training is all about? I thought I was the only one who DIDN'T know & didn't want to embarrass myself asking! LOL. Sounds as though you're one tough cookie - which is a GOOD thing!! I'm interested about it that's for sure. So you're not feeding Liebling at all during the night now?

IMPATIENT _ Tell me more about your stock stuff, PM me if you want, Alan wants me to get into share trading online as well, apparently loads of his guys at work are doing it over night using the American Stock Exchange & they are making BIG dollars! My Claudia smiles at the tap too, so I guess I have good looking taps also?? LOL.

SMYLIE _ OMG We have the same mum's!! MY MIL tires Claudia out in like 30 seconds at times & every time she grumbles she looks at me & frowns & says 'she has another tummy ache, are you not burping her properly?' Now Claudia is no lady that's for sure! She pops off & burps, no belches like a man, she has NEVER suffered wind problems! She is forever telling me she has a pain in her belly & I'm just sitting there like a stunned mullet thinking 'get a grip woman'. She's 10weeks old & you're throwing her around like she's 10 months! LOL, I am on the 'dark side' as Ryn calls it, Claudia is completely in disposable nappies, no cloths at all. I have never even owned a cloth nappy!

KIRSTEND _ Yay for Quinn & the rolling. Claudia is nowhere near doing that. She's only 10w on Sunday, but she is just happy lying there smiling at everything. Today I was eating my toasted sandwich on the grass while she was lying on a floor rug & Jess playing on the swings & she was smiling this beautiful smile at me & I'm sure her mind was saying 'come on mum, give us a bite, just a bit, i'm sooooooo starving'. She is such a big bub compared to Jess. She's wearing clothes that Jess wore at 7 - 8 months! Does Quinn get excited when you arrive at the pools now? That's the best!

KRISTYD _ LMAO about your list of things to do! I have to admit, feeding the rabbit & bird are also on my list! LOL. I have heard of Bruce Rock & when I was working my assistant was from Merredin, but I've never actually been there. MT Nasura is north of the river or is it Roleystone type of way? I'm in Waikiki, which is Rockingham/Safety Bay are. Basically at the very end of the freeway. Your DH is a boy in blue then huh? I could have used him last night, we had people in our next door neighbours back garden, her DH is in the navy & just set sail for a 20w assignment & she is at home with a 2 & 6yo on her own. Thankfully she called Alan & he went over to her until the police arrived. It was only when she called last night that we put it together that our 2 girls bedroom windows have been tampered with as well! How scary. I noticed their windows were closing a bit funny the other day but put it down to usage because I have the windows open all day everyday but now that we have looked at them properly it looks like they've been tried to be pryed open. GREAT! All we need!

ME _ Well Jessica has a cold & then after the scare we had with our neighbour I didn't sleep well. I ended up sleeping with Jessica in our bed because she was up coughing so much she was almost being sick. Today she is feeling much better & being super naughty. Claudia met her great-grandparents for the first time last night, was very cute, she was as lady-like as ever, doing 4 rotten nappies in a row & then sleeping for 1.5hr which she never does in the early evening! She didn't go down until 10pm last night, but that was because mid-feed at 9pm - usually her night night feed was when the drama happened next door so she went down at 10 & slept til 5 & then up at 8am bright as a button. OMG I almost forgot - MASSIVE WOO HOO for Claudia, she fell asleep in the pram at the shops yesterday! I nearly had a stroke, I had to stop the pram & poke her to see she was actually asleep! LOL. Well I am going to go do something, I'm just not sure what, Claudia is asleep & Jessica got in MAJOR trouble & was sent to her bedroom & is now asleep, so I think I might browse ebay or read the junk mail or something!

Love Jayne xox

Hi girlies!

Soooo proud, DS slept 7.30-10 then 10-30-5.30! He's napping now, we napped from 5.30-8. Sleep training is where babies have a sleep association so they know it's time to sleep - for example, DS has his bedtime toy (that's the size of my old one, so will last him a few years!), his routine and his lullaby. You slowly cut out the unwanted parts of the routine (me having to rock him to sleep) and up the wanted parts (the bath, toy, milk, story, prayers, sleep with a song). It does work. It can work as quickly as you like if you are willing to let the child cry, or quite slowly otherwise, but DS is so big I do want him to be able to go to sleep without my arms or rocking when he's in his big bed (soonish!) so I started early. Whereas before I didn't know when DS would close his eyes, now I know that once I've sung his lullaby over and started humming it his eyes will close before the humming. He's usually OK to put down when I start the singing again and I tuck him in, then just repeating the "You are my Liebling/Sleep now my Liebling" parts whilst rocking him for a little while. I then rock for about 5-10 minutes (a chapter of Harry Potter) and leave the room. This is an improvement - when we started, he would wake up if put down before fully asleep, now he's in his bed within five minutes. Before I'd have to rock for 20 minutes, now just about 10 minutes. Probably less, but then I forget where I am on the page! May have to give up Harry Potter LOL - shame, as this method would mean I had read them again just in time for the new book if DS plays up one night a week!

I actually like the song I've designated as his lullaby (he didn't get on with traditional ones, they woke him up!), so was singing it to him yesterday and even though he was on the floor he started to go to sleep - shame he won't do it in his crib, as I tried to get him to do after he fed at 10. The hardest thing is not changing his nappy - that does wake him up too much, but sometimes he finds it hard to sleep if his nappy isn't clean. I have to be tough on that one, sorry darling! But he doesn't do much overnight.

As for mothers/houseguests - yup, DS wants to be cuddled all the time once they've gone. I feel that because these people don't see us too much (my mum 6 weekends a year, DS's godmother once a year for a week or two) then it's OK to spoil him, but it is a nightmare for the next few days to get things done! The one thing we have to stick to is the bedtime routine, although my mother does try to take over that too! Usually she's so hyper-stimulated DS that I can't get him to sleep (but this was pre-training) and I'm tired, so just give up. MiL and FiL - although they live round the corner, they don't see him that much, so they can hold him too! But that's only for a few hours at a time and they're OK with me putting him down to play (sometimes).

Right, that was me, DS was in his crib and about to cry to be picked up and start the day, love you all! I'll do personals next time, I promise!

Kristy - Glad Erin came out of her needles ok. I'm sure it hurts and worries us more than it does our bubs!

Jayne - Scary about your neighbours. My friend was broken into a couple of years ago - right through the security screens. The police told her they were useless - if they want'ed to get in, then they would. They suggested she get a dog as they're a great deterrent. We have a yapper from hell, but we love her to bits! I can't PM for some reason so if you want me to send you some info, email me at green111 at bigpond dot net dot au and I'll tell ya all about what I do in my spare time!

Ryn - thanks for the info on sleeping. I'm not sure it's going to help me with day sleeping though!? We have the same routine every night and we have no trouble getting her to sleep but day times are stil an issue.

Me/Us - One of the Wonder Weeks "symptoms" includes wanting to be held all of the time. Yup - I have a textbook case! I actually got Bella to sleep again today - while I held her on the couch! Whenever her head slipped off my arm, she'd start to wake up. I might buy a fake arm and stick that under her head...! She went to bed an hour earlier tonight without even a little peep, so I hope she sleeps through!

Better go and get Bri off to bed now and I might head there myself as I'm up at 3am tomorrow - yuk! Have a great night everyone!
    Last edited by Impatient; May 11th, 2007 at 07:40 PM.

Michelle - DS was being dead clingy yesterday, hmm, odd that my Liebling and your Bella have the same birthday and are doing the same thing! How long does this last?; he is OK in the morning but in the afternoon cries when I put him down and aren't stimulating him, although watching me doing all the chores bores him! Must admit, yesterday was a bad Mummy day - I spent so much time on the phne to insurance and lawyers that DS just fed and slept (after doing 7.30pm-8.30am asleep), we then stuffed up Bedtime to go and vote so DS wouldn't settle in his cot no matter what... ah well, I just went to bed at 10.30 with DS, so he napped from 7.30-8.30, then 9-10.30, then slept 10.30-3.15-6.15, not bad really.

RYN _ Bugger that Liebling wanted to be Mummy's boy for the afternoon, it gets tiring very quickly, especially they decide they 'need' you right when you 'need' to be doing other things! LOL. Sounds like he is going well with sleeping, not to worry about having a bad night settling in the cot, he's entitled to have bad days at times. I sometimes get all flustered when Claudia is having an 'off' day, but I figure, she's allowed to, we all have our bad days, babies are no exception. Hey, did DH get that job he went for?

ME _ I'm quite chuffed, Claudia has been grizzling in the car & then either just sitting there awake or going off to sleep, big improvement on the screaming the car down each & every time we went anywhere & she has also been falling asleep at the shopping centre in the pram! I am very happy indeed. I no longer feel so house arrested! Has anybody else put in their mothers day orders? I got a beautiful ID bracelet on my very first mothers day that had Mummy on the front & Love Jessica on the back, but I doubt I'll get that again! I can't even remember what I got last year, so can't have been anything super! LOL.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

Love Jayne

I got flowers for Mothers' day, no card even! I really wanted something I could keep from my first Mothers' Day.

DH hasn't heard about his job yet, so I'm not hopeful now.

Stuffed up DS's day again yesterday; DH had a road collision (van overtook him on his pushbike then turned off in front of him) - DH was up to A&E with a broken nose and we're just thanking God it wasn't any worse. But DS was awake, alert and not screaming all the time in the car yesterday, that's one bonus. But tonight is a new night so we'll see what this brings.

Hi Girls,

Ryn - Poor DH hope he will be ok and makes a full recovery. Crazy drivers!

Jayne - Mt Nasura is top of the Kelmscott hills. We bought a block 4 yeats ago for a bargain price before the boom so we are able to build teh house we really love. We have views to the city , coast and valley so will be really nice when it's finished. Though I will be really sad to leave here as I love country life. Dh is one of 2 cops in town so is always on call so he can't wait to get back to Perth.

Just got home form our netball game which we won by 3 and wa sthe first time this team had be beaten in 5 years. Erin was awake and crying during my games but had lots of Mums on the sidelines who loved the chance to have a cuddle. She then slept for 4 hours after the game, so not sure when she will go to sleep tonight.

We have booked to go to one of the local pubs here with some other friends for lunch which will be nice. Am quite chuffed its my first Mother day. Well girls have a lovely weekend.

Only got like 3 seconds to reply as I so should be in bed!!! But had to check to see if I won an ebay auction as been at parents place tonight... and i did! A cute Playschool Jemima book with a stuffed jemima doll on the front with 2 poems in it "Miss Molly" and I think Polly put the kettle on so that is fab.

Jemima being absoloutly awesome baby... I cant complain.... she did though TOTALLY exhaust me on Friday, not bad just needy! or her sleeps were only little in the day time and ON ME which is fine as I am forced to relax that way..... have only now started to try and get her to go to sleep in the day time as she is really starting to exhaust and i can tell overtire herself, she just takes in so much information she gets a fried brain i guess poor little munchkin.

she found her feet this morning, i told her they had always been there at the end of her legs, just like when she found her other hand, yep right where i told her it was at the other end of her other arm!

she has more shoes than i do now, we bought some shiny black mary janes!!

for mothers day I have asked benji for some jewellery or something special as it is my first mothers day, i think he understands.... he was going to buy me the whole set of "get smart" on dvd as I have started to buy it one by one from timelife but that is a lot of money and i would rather something specialier

my friend had a baby tonight, i will try and go and see her tomorrow arvo to get details but she CHANGED THE NAME at last second as i visited her last week and they were teaching their other two little kids how to say Rhianna which as been the name since week 12 and NOW that baby is Georgia!!! good on them but lucky i didnt get anything personalised for her... she got her waters broken today sometime as she was due last saturday or sunday her last birth was a horror or at least she makes childbirth scary when you talk to her (she told me her story many times when i was pregnant - wonderful friend) so i am hoping real bad there was no horror story this time!

babies rock!

ps -
    Ryn - how did pubert go? I dont find much difference with jemima at night with what happened in her day, if anything she would go to bed later but then still have same wake up time, and THE NEXT day would be when I would have cranky baby.... how is DH people obviously cant drive over there! two accidents in two months that is bad.... when is your mothers day? ours is the second sunday in may....

Kristy - congrats on winning netball game, I would love to play netball but i have NO eye,hand,ball coordination and i am scared of the ball and most of the girls that play netball.....

Jayne - Jemima has a love hate relationship with the pram, she doesnt mind it and will sleep in it MOSTLY but sometimes i find myself doing what i always thought was crap when i saw people doing it.... carrying baby in one arm and pushing pram with the other, maybe it is because she knows i am there and cant figure out why she cant have a cuddle! and in the car she screams to the end of the driveway and at worst street UNLESS there is truely something wrong... like hungry... why doesnt claudia like the car? jemima LOVES her mobile i made her for the car, i am so glad she can focus on it now.... it is 3 of those little border collie toys mcdonalds was selling a couple of months back and i safety pinned them to the roof of my car and put a pink ribbon on one indicating that it is felicity my girl dog and she just thinks they are awesome, even though they dont change it is like she is seeing them for the first time EVERYTIME hopefully this lasts a while so i dont have to get anything else in the car as there is NOT a lot of room back there.... she hates the car definately sometimes or sometimes it is just that she has been disturbed (well S O R R Y princess!) or she hates the seatbelt - not alot i can do about that! or that i have totally put her arm at rightangles to get it in the seatbelt.... or that the sun is in her eyes coz the sunshade thingy fell down... this i can do something about.... or that her uggboot fell off DISASTER! babies are so funny or that i am playing crap music, again who can blame her for crying about this!

i am in so much trouble this was a little longer than 3 seconds, i will be lucky if hubby still awake..... whoops!
    happy sunday!
    have a great monday with hubbys (or watevas) everyone that's hubbys (and DPs and DH and i guess DFs) have public holiday on monday!

oh yeah
    pps
    Jemima didnt just find her feet she found her voice as well, no more little oohs and aahs and los she is making these awesome noises like a cat on heat! It is so so funny!! Will be hard to tell when she is about to cry or crying now as her cry was always just like a little meow anyway.... it is so so cute everything is getting louder as she experiments with her voice! Oh and I think she is going to be a stripper she has figured out how to lift her shirt up, very cute but i can tell going to be blo0dy annoying!

SMYLIE _ WE have had some advances with the pram & the car, so long as I swaddle her in the pram or tuck a wrap right around her arms & legs in the car (basically strait-jacket her), we have minimal fuss. Some initial protests, but definitely not screaming her lungs out. Claudia is BIG on still being wrapped to sleep so I figure the car & the pram send her to sleep so she's wanting to be snug in there too. Timing plays a big part in it too, we have to go AFTER a feed but BEFORE she's too cranky to fall asleep on her own. We were out all day yesterday & she slept for 1hr in the pram which is massive for us so we are happy. You crack me up with Jemima about ugg boot falling off, sun in eyes, manipulating arms into straps etc... hysterical!

Hope you are having a great day with DH & the public holiday. Jemima will love having Daddy home to play!

Love Jayne

Kel, when I stuff up Lieby's sleep routine he won't sleep anywhere but on me, so I end up with him on my chest until I go to bed - DH holds him so I can go through the bathroom, then straight into my bed. He was going to refuse to go to bed last night, but DH had said he'd come off WoW so I was having none of that!

He is now able to go to sleep without me cuddling/jigging him to sleep, but he does have a start just before he drops off and without me there it wakes him up and makes him scream - so I pick him up and jig him off, as he won't be soothed in the cot (and I won't let him cry it out, even with me stroking his face). I ended up explaining to him that I didn't want to get upset with him, it was now bedtime and he had to go to sleep and that I loved him so much... he slept once I started his lullaby after that. Until 12.30 (normally only until 11) - the downside was he'd done his long sleep before I came to bed, but I do want him to sleep for longer and longer in his bed. Can't wait for him to sleep through! Then he gets his own room and I get my DH back! (Then again, DH lost so much blood after his accident that there's no point atm, or so he claims.)

Can you get some sunglasses for Jemima? DS loves his, well, all the people we walk past love them and tell him he's so gorgeous for wearing sunglasses, so he loves that. Having worked with eyes I am ultra-protective of them and it's nice to have DS keep his eyes open when we're out and about sometimes.

As for the car, he likes his caterpillar I have strung up there for him to bat about. He gets frustrated because I attach it to the pram bar when we're out so he can see it all the time and he can hit it in the car, but not in the pram. He's so cute! And he can wriggle out his restraints, no matter how tight I have them... drat him! Thinking of his memory, he can see DH's nose looks back to normal so he's stopped touching his nose when he sees his Daddy - shame, as that was really cute!

I love baby talk, it's so cute! So much better than just crying or exclaiming (DS was big on ah!, eh! and oh! for the first week or so) and you feel like you can have a conversation.

Our Mothers' Day is in March. I may just buy myself some jewellery, just a small charm for my bracelet, and pretend. I wanted something special!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast