Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #3

Ryn - I completely understand your frustration over WoW. DH was the same when he got Age of Empires.... thankfully he grew bored of it!!!! I thought Abbey looked tiny in the cot too when she first went in it - and she would have been about 6Kg too! But I know she isn't tiny - she's the biggest (length and weight) babe at Mothers Group! I hope you had some success at the GP's.

Smylie - YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am BORED OUT OF MY BRAIN! There is only so much gooing and gaaing one can do! And because I am still not allowed to do any exercise other than walking - there isn't much I can do! We go for a walk into town every day which is about an hour return. Now Mother's Group has started I have a bit more on though. There are a few of us who are going to go walking together regularly so will add that as an extra walk. Plus meeting one of the Mum's for coffee a few times a week. But I do all the housework as well. Not that it takes that long.
    Good memory. I did have my gallbladder out. Recovered well. But can't do any exercise other than walk to reduce the risk of developing a hernia. They did discover a complication when I was under so am having more tests in a couple of weeks and possibly more surgery. But it isn't life threatening or even urgent so any more surgery can wait awhile - my body needs a chance to recover after having two lots of "major" surgery in 3 months!

Not much new here girls. Abbey *almost* rolled over this morning. I was so excited! But she didn't quiet get there. She has only recently discovered her hands and today I noticed she is reaching for stuff. Mostly Mummy's top. She did take her rattle from me, shook it twice and then promptly dropped in on her head! Right now she is sound asleep which is wonderful. I'm looking forward to my first Mother's Day tomorrow. We don't have anything planned other than going shopping to replace my sunnies... I'm secretly hoping for breakfast in bed but doubt that will happen...

Hope everyone has a GREAT Mother's Day tomorrow!

Love MG

Hey Ladies,

RYN _ I had a feeling that WoW was a bit like that. Yup, mega-geeky! I agree totally with you! Honey, you sound exactly like I did when I had Jessica. You want everything to run smoothly as it did pre-children & for some miracle to have a husband who actually helps you restore that normal smooth sailing household while you are busy with bubs, but a small hiccup in the road called 'HUSBAND' rears it's ugly head. You should tell DH how you're feeling & that he needs to 1) spend more time with Liebling 2) help you more around the house & 3) get his backside off the computer & be a family. I have done all of the above with Alan & finally now that Claudia is around he is smartening up. He does help me bath the children, cook dinner, do the dishes etc... he could help more with the house work but he just doesn't do it how I do it so I prefer to do it myself! LOL. I actually find more satisfaction these days doing everything myself, I sometimes feel like just letting everything go & I think I could put Claudia on the bottle & have her babysat on occassions & whatever, but then I have to remind myself that it's 12 months out of my life (I hope to bf for 12 months, ok, maybe a tad longer, we'll see how I go). Talk to DH, it's obvious you're not recovering from your accident because you are still doing everything for Liebling.

MG - Yay on the hand-finding!! Does she slobber all over them? I am finding Claudia doing that now, I find her a little bit behind this thread because she is at the end of Feb, but she's still doing everything she should be at her age, so it's no drama. Hope you get some groovy sunnies tomorrow! I love buying sunnies!!! I hope you get your breakfast in bed tomorrow too, you should just drop some hints!!

SMYLIE _ See, dreams can come true! I was hoping at 7am that Claudia would go back to sleep & the little toad had her eyes closed & I thought 'woo hoo' & I moved a tiny muscle & her eyes flung open & she gave me a bit sloppy smile with milk running out of her mouth & her eyes dancing with excitement. Geepers creepers what are you trying to do to Jemima, scare the actual poo out of her? Jalapeno's, onions, chilli, boy you were asking for trouble!!! LOL. Sorry that Jemima put on a song & dance in the car, but I'm also glad I'm not the only one who can have issues in the car! I decided this mornign that I WOULD go shopping & nothign would stop me. Got the girls ready, everythign smily, then get through the first aisle & 'waaaaaa' grrrr, I put her over my shoulder & continued the shopping & everytime she settled I'd put her back into the trolley. Eventually as I was going through the checkout she fell asleep in the trolley & thank the lord I seen my sister in the supermarket & jessica went off with her so I could get EVERYTHING I needed & not have to run around like a headless chook. I did nearly burst into tears but I pulled myself together & though too bad, I hear babies cry in the shops every time I come, even though Claudia wasn't going ballistic, I hate her crying, so I'd just put her over my shoulder, she'd stop & then I'd put her back into the trolley. I need to start getting out & about because it is starting to get me down. I get around town easy enough, it's the damn shops I can never get too & I'm VERY, VERY, VERY good friends with the shops!

KRISTY _ What a good girl Erin is having such a big sleep. Is she keeping up the good work? WTG for your weight loss! What a good girl you are! I must get into some exercise too, but it's so hard going walking because every park I go past, Jessica wants to stop & play! Grrr. Let us know what Mothers Day fairies bring for you!!!

ME _ WEll, Jessica went home with my sister & niece after seeing them at the shops. Alan is collecting her on his way home from work & taking her mothers day shopping. I was very specific & told Alan what shops to go to & what I wanted, so I hope he listens! Claudia is in bed asleep. she's still not fully over her little cold, but she is pretty good, she is liking to be over my shoulder walking aroudn the house just lately, she does go on the floor & in her swing, but not for very long. She is a pretty good girl all round though, I shouldn't really have any complaints. I jsut had to buy some more of those wraps with the velcro tags on because she is still swaddled for bed & in the car & pram & she is outgrowing the newborn ones now. Oh what a shame, had to buy some stuff online! LOL.

Hope you all have a tremendous day tomorrow!

Love Jayne xox

Hi girls!

I am lucky in that I don't get bored, but I have coffee mornings three days a week, baby playgroup one afternoon, and now my postnatal group this month, which stops me wondering what Tuesday is for. I have started to ask DH to get off the computer and do DS's bath, but he refused, so I did him in the bathroom again, in his bath in the big bath. So DH missed the first time DS splashied in the bath. Going to tell DH to wash up today too, I can't with looking after DS.

Woo-hoo, my Lillipadz have just arrived! No more leaking down my top because DS decides to not feed in the day for 4-5 hours at a time! Along with new cloth nappies, lucky DH was out and doesn't know... I have to curb this spending! But DS is going to need new cloth nappies in a month or so, his are all sized, so I'm looking at other brands too and trial packs et cetera... I'm going to have a proper stash soon!

Kel, LOL at poo on the skirt... typical! DS is good at being contained, but will cover his nappy and his nappy cover.

MG, good to hear you're recovering well and YAY for Abbey starting to roll! It's so cute watching them try to do things we take for granted, like rolling or when they touch a toy and are amazed they managed to hit it!

Jayne, you poor thing having to do on-line shopping. How do you manage. I feel for you, I really do. LOL, I make a huge order, about 500 worth, then have to cancel it all because we can't afford it!

Right, have to take DS out now, baby photos but I've not told DH, will chat more later. And DS is having a late night tonight to watch Eurovision, I hope he stays up for it then SLEEPS afterwards... but he was good last night, went down really easily, shame he didn't want to stay down all night LOL.

Had to come back and share with everyone! Abbey grabbed her rattle for the first time today and HELD ON TO IT! YAY! She had such a tight grip on it for about 10 minutes, shaking it all about! I'm so proud of her!

Jayne - Abbey has been slobbering on her hands for a while now - about three weeks. She shoves the whole thing in her mouth! But she has just recently discovered that they are HER hands and she can REALLY control them IYKWIM? She is so funny to watch because she just stares at her hand! Mind you - it only seems to be the right one at this stage. I try not to worry about where Abbey is at (developmentaly) in comparison to other babes because I know they are all different. Of course, it helps when one of the babes at mother's group is only a couple of days older than Abbey and they are both at the same stage!

Ryn - Yay for the arrival of your goodies! I hear you on having to curb the spending. I have to as well... I keep telling people I have to go back to work to support my "habit" - buying Abbey cute things! Hope you get more sleep tonight. And I hope your DH does those dishes!

Hi Ladies,

Firstly HAPPY MOTHERS DAY for tomorrow!! I know for some of you it will be your first and congratulations for making it!!

MG- Jett has found his hands but still hasnt realized he can pick things up. He has learnt how to suck his thumb tho!!

Jayne- Hi nice to meet you too!! I have ventured out without Jett- But i tell you DF does the same thing as your DH! Rings and asks how to do things!! LOL He rang the other day to ask if Jett wanted a bottle, Only to realize that he just wanted a cuddle and his dummy..... MEN!

RYN- Jett has been having 'big' baths since day one, only because it is easier for me. I just run the bath and put both my boys in, wash Jett and Zhai plays till i have Jett dried and dressed. Then i do the same for him. I dunno that is just my routine. I cant complain on the DF not helping me around the house, well he used to do it all the time but now he is working nights from 6pm till 2am he does Jack around the place. BUT i cant complain, aslong as he gets home safely i dont mind.... He has to travel 2 hrs each way to and from work. But now i have the dilemma of what to cook as DF did all that,, getting there tho!!

OK better get moving Zhai has been in bed since 5pm and i think he will be up at the crack of dawn! Hehe SIL getting up to the boys!!

Hi Girls,

"HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!" I hope you all had a lovely day. We went out with some friends for lunch which was nice as DH was on call so we couldn't see our Mum's in Perth today. Erin was great she only woke up as they bought the tea and coffee out. I got spoilt with pink ugg boot slippers, I love Mummy Teddy. keyring and magnet and a really nice top. Dh wrote some gorgeous cards out from him and one from Erin made me all teary !!!

Mg - Hi Hon, I've missed you !! Glad the op all went ok and hope you are taking it easy and recovering. I hope the complication isn't serious.Hope Abby is going well still. I also have "bored days" as well. I have started helping on Tuesdays write up articles for our local magazine. I take Erin with me and it is only for 2 hours. Glad to be back into netball as I really look forward to having that break away at training and the social side of catching up with all the girls on our Saturday games.
    Jayne - Erin has continued to sleep well last night she did 10.15pm to 6.30am fed and then went down till nearly 9am. She has slept really well every day this week which has been fabulous !!! I have an electric oil heater now in her room so I think she is a bit more cosy at night.
    Ryn-You need to sort Dh out sweet you sound like you are doing everything !!! Hope DS is sleeping well for you.
    Jen - Hi Hun, Glad Jett is doing so well, how are the other kids going? Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day !

I just found out my work has been sold this week for 8 million dollars !!! Wasn't told by my Boss or the new owner which I think is pretty poor as I am a Manager there. Was a bit annoyed how it has all been done, but just need to look at my gorgeous girl and it all doesn't seem important anymore. I have taken Maternity leave but really don;t know if I will go back or not. See what happens in the next 10 months or so. If I go back I think I would only want to go for 2 days.

Well girl's I better get my bub ready for bed, Take Care xx

Hi girls. I hpeyou all had a good Mothering Sunday.

MG, I'm proud of Abbey too! DS will hold a rattle if I give it to him but not shake it, although he is good at putting everything in his mouth. Teething sucks! Does Abbey have a dribble rash yet or am I a bad Mummy for not noticing how wet DS makees everything quickly enough?

Jenni, my DH doesn't ring if I go out, but that's because I've usually dashed out to the post box and that doesn't take a minute. Or last weekend I went to pick up his friend, so he couldn't complain that DS only wanted Mummy cuddles... he should domore with DS if he wants that to stop!

Kristy, I half-hope my work closes. Bad point is no local hospital, good point is I can't go back to work. As DH has an appointment there today I shouldn't hope it closes.

So, from me... sleeping. DS had a nap in his big bed yesterday (took us 2 hours for him to have a 40-minute nap, but we did it!) then woke up as I put him in his crib at nighttime - as I'd just sat down and was reading I continued to read aloud until I realised he wasn't going to sleep, so sang and rocked him to sleep without picking him up... it worked! Just have to cut out the rocking now. 3 wake-ups, but I didn't wake up for the first so I awoke to find DS in bed with me on the second! Just for snacks, so he may sleep through soon... I hope!

As for DH, well, I don't mindhim not doing much on work days, but doing nothing on weekends! He does mow the lawn and I make him wash up once or twice a week. He has also learnt not to flush for a wee when DS is asleep; DS's bedroom, which he isn't in yet, is by the bathroom so I'm trying to keep the noise down in there at night. Now DS splashes in the bath DH observed for 2 minutes the other night, but Iwant him to take over! I'm too tired and DS istoo wriggley,he tries to escape my clutches and go under the water.

Spending, well, DS will have outgrown these nappies in another 4-6 weeks, so I need another stock of at least 20. So far I have 10, so will have to look at more cloth nappies. It's a need. He also needs some smart, somber clothes for a funeral on Wednesday. But I figure it will get cheaper - he has one day outfit and one night outfit in size 1 already, 5 nightsuits, 4 bottoms/dungas and 8 tops in size 0, so I can't buy them again. This is a necessity!

DS isn't going to be a vegetarian - he was stuffing his cow and lamb into his mouth last night. Maybe I should stop trying to teach him from where meat comes!

Howdy
    Just a quick one as I want to be good wife and get to bed before hubby falls asleep!

mothers day was lovely.... BUT everyday in my house is mothers day, benji spoils me rotten every single day, he does whateva around the house, basically whateva i havent done and i never have to ask i get brekky when and where i want it wheneva so my present was a sweet and funny poem he wrote....

Jemima put her foot in her mouth today.... but she didnt pick it up with her hands..... she just leant right over and sucked on it! She has not figured out that she can grab it and put it in there... she has worked out she can grab stuff like her rings and her washers and wraps and towels but has not figured out she can grab her feet? She grabs her shirts and loves both her hands (and my tongue and my hair) but not her feet?

Babies are funny.

Have decided we need a new rug at home, ours is shagpile so jemima gets no tracktion on it and if i put a sheet down to make it flat it is still too snuggleworthy for her so she just goes to sleep... so i get to go rug shopping!!! Very exciting but loads of pressure as it is going in the biggest space in the house RIGHT when you walk in our front door.,..

MG - Abbey has the best dress sense, I love the bonds stipey things, Jem has a hoodey in purple and pink and she has a red and white stripey suit and purple and purple one and i am bidding on ebay for more!

oh and the worst thing happened today! we have a mouse (and no mouse is not a metaphor for me) and the mouse got into Jemima's toy basket and started to eat her easter present! i am annoyed for 3 reasons, 1 we have a mouse (i know it is 2 rats but that is gross and scarier than a mouse) 2 i had to be brave and check to see if it was still in basket and then clean everything in the basket and 3 i no longer get to eat her easter present the day before the best before date which was june 1 (her easter present was a red tulip easter speed duck that has smarties in it so we were using it like a rattle until i could eat it)

ryn - jemima has a LOT of dribble but doesnt get dribble rash i think maybe the weather in your country may make it worse?? but i also spend a lot of time wiping it off and i find it not so bad if i let her chew on her washer, as then it soaks into that??

ok hubby in bed and as ticker says ttc #2 so better go!

Hi everyone,
    Just had to pop in let you all know i figured out why Jett has been dribbling so much, in fact he has a rash... HE HAS 2 TEETH!! his 2 bottom ones!! I thought they were coming through but i didnt get too excited coz Zhai didnt get any till he was 10 months i think!

He still isnt rolling over but he is turning towards noises alot more these days, also he is alot more content today, maybe its because he isnt in any pain at the moment....

I will try and get back on this arvo, as Cloyd leaves at 4 and SIL will be at work till 6.
    Have a great day everyone!!

Omigosh Jenni HOW EXCITING!!!

My Nana said my Dad had teeth by the time he was three and a half months too.... and that it didnt overly bother him either they just appeared!

How long do they take once they are "through" to get out as far as teeth get.... does that make sense?

Yeah Jett first Feb bub with teeth!!!

(I am not in any hurry for Jemima to get teeth, I am pretty sure she would bite me!) (and since she staying a baby forever that would mean she was growing up so not going to happen)

(Jenni are you breastfeeding?)

...................Now Jett can bite Zhai when he is being a bully. .................

no im not b/f if i was i would never put him down...(he is in my arms as i type).
    I cant remember how long it takes for them to be "out" but they are very very sooky at the time!! I have just put little man to bed, lets see how long he sleeps for!!

OMG Zhai has realized how to be nice to the puppy! What a glorious day.....

Kel - I am so jealous! Maybe your DH can come and talk to mine? Eek at the mouse!!! yay for Jemima putting her foot in her mouth! I LOVE her name! I love the Bonds stuff! I love Ebay too! Abbey grows so quickly I prefer to get clothes from there sometimes. Of course I could go nuts in the shops but when you pay almost $30 for a pair of jeans that *might* last a month.... I'm currently bidding on stuff that is too big for her ready for when she outgrows this stuff - but don't tell my DH! ROFL. Ebay is also a great place to get clothes for Childcare!

Jen - WOOHOO! Teeth AND being nice to puppy! Abbey isn't rolling yet either. Although when she is on her tummy she can twist to a point where I think she is almost there but she just can't seem to coordinate that last little bit... She IS moving around though! I have to watch her now because if I put her on her tummy she can move 180 degrees AND this morning she actually moved forward a good 15cm!!!!! Cheeky bugger! How is the toilet training going BTW?

Ryn - that is a great effort with the sleeping! WOOHOO! Hopefully it won't be long until he sleeps through! Abbey still wakes a couple of times for a feed overnight and then is up for the day between 5:30 and 7 (depending on her mood I guess?). She was waking at 4:30 because she would kick her blankets off but goes straight back to sleep again. I'm hoping she will drop a feed soon and only wake once during the night.
    Abbey doesn't seem to get dribble rash (that I've noticed) but there is a lot f slobber at the moment! And she is trying her hardest to fit her whole fist into her mouth! I was watching her last night and she was chewing on her fingers so am wondering if she might be getting close to teething? She has also taken to chomping on the teats to her bottle - thank goodness my BB's are safe! OUCH!!!

Kristy - Aww hon. I've missed you too! I miss all our girls! Does work being sold mean that it might be a nicer place to work now? My work has made changes too in my absence. They closed down our pharmacy so now we have over 100 people who won't be able to get their metadone! There just isn't 100 places available in the community - especially for such difficult clients! Not to mention the fact that about 6 staff are now redundant! I wish I didn't have to go back there but that's life. I only intend to be there until early next year - the hours are what suit me and the only reason (other than $) that I'm going back... How is the house coming along?

Not much new here. Our Mother's Group attended a baby settling thing yesterday and it was CRAP. According to the lady, you shouldn't wrap, rock, give a dummy, co-sleep or any other number of things that help babies sleep and settle! AND she was advocating we try CONTROLLED CRYING at this early stage! The class was aimed at babies 0-5 months! I coldn't believe it! One of the Mum's was made to feel incompetent and a bad mum because her son has his "big sleeps" during the day - but he is only 3 weeks old! And I'm a bad Mummy because Abbey wouldn't sleep (because she was too busy checking everything out) and then got cranky because she was over tired - but didn't want to sleep! Pft! We were all so disappointed! Not to worry.... all with a grain of salt!

Oh I got my first AF... I'm so devestated! She could have stayed away a little longer!

Hope you all have a lovely day! I'm off to fold my three baskets of washing!

Love MG

Hi girls!

Jenni, yay for teeth! Wow, that is early, but still good. Now you can relax a bit, yay!

Kel, babies can be teething for up to three months... at first I wanted that for DS, I don't want him to get teeth, now he's complaining about the pain so I hope they appear soon.

MG, wow at that class. Stupid advice, hope you all ignored it! Poor you with AF - I keep thinking she's going to come, but it's just baddigestion on my part (I have to gobble food now as DS hates me eating).

Sleeping - sadly, a fire engine woke DS up last night and he didn't want to be rocked back to sleep, so co-sleeping from 10.30. He woke up at 1.30, then I woke him up at about 3, then we both woke up just after 6 when Daddy's alarm didn't wake him up so got ultra loud. I really need to stop co-sleeping! Never mind, see what tonight brings.

Anything else from me? Well, need to find DS some sombre clothes for a funeral tomorrow, it's the wife of a good family friend of the in-laws so we are going because DH cannot. So off shopping today (I never knew the lady, but do know her husband and son, I'm not heartless in thinking a funeral is a shopping trip; can't turn up with DS in jeans and a bright orange t-shirt). I also got my free nappies from the council yesterday, 10 of them, so in theory I need no new nappies. Theory. I also must be the only person not to like all-in-one cloths, I actually like folding the nappies up! All-in-ones seem like cheating! DH's nose will be re-broken and re-set next week, and his job... well, he got it. But when the new dept (same company) rang his dept, his dept wouldn't let them have him, so DH can't be offered the job. Grrr! I told him that if he's that indispensible then he should demand a pay-rise.

*deleted, posted twice*
    Last edited by Ca Plane Pour Moi; May 15th, 2007 at 04:47 PM. Reason: double post

Ladies,
    I was just thinking when/if your going to have another child what would be the age gap? What i mean is when are you thinking of TTC again?
    Sorry to ask a personal question, its just i was thinking of waiting till Jett is 1 but i dunno, what do you think?

Hey
    Not a personal question to me.... check out my ticker, hubby loving me having no idea when my cycle is coming back or when it is if it is back as that means we can try all month to catch that egg....
    We decided on about day 2 of Jemima that we wanted another baby asap... we are most likely in for the shock of our life when next baby turns out "normal" making us really realise moreso how lucky we have been with Jemima being this perfect placid, I'd rather sleep than develop and my talking is louder than my cry baby....

So if we get pregnant in the next couple of months we should have another baby before Jemima is 2 so that would be good...

I think though the sensible thing to do is to wait until first child is at least 6 months old before TTC so that other child is at least 18months old and your body has more chance of recovery.

I will write more and personals and stuff later..... benji running me a bath (he just had shower with Jem and put her to bed)
    gotta go...

Hi Jen,

I would love another baby and can't wait! However, I have been told I'm suppose to wait 12 months post c-sect before trying; and considering my recent surgery and the liklihood of more - I am best to wait a while... DH and I are thinking that we might (depending on a few things) TTC #2 when Abbey is about 4 or 5. As selfish as it sounds, I've worked damn hard for my qualifications and if I leave it too long - I will have to (essentially) start over... It's not really an area you can walk away from and then come back in 10 years IYKWIM. AND, I like my work (well, not WHERE I currently work but I like the work I do!) and really miss it!
    There was 6 years between my sister and myself and 3 between my brother and myself and (to be brutally honest) the age gaps had no difference on our relationships. I think personality has more to do with how siblings get along than age. But that is just my opinion.

HTH

Love MG

Hi Girls,

Funny you should bring this topic up I was just thinking about it today. As I am 33 this year I don't want to leave it too long. I'm thinking proably when Erin turns 1 we may start trying. I got the mini pill the other day but haven;t taken it yet. Have no real desire yet to DTD. Hopefully that will change or it will make number 2 a bit hard !!!

Smylie - Very impressed you are trying for number 2 already. Jem isn't a good baby you are just a great Mum !!!!I loved the photos on the website she is an absoloute doll !

Ryn - Hope the funeral goes as well as possible. We had a girl in our netball team killed in a car accident a couple of weeks ago so we had to take Erin to that as we have no family that live here. She as good and slept through the service. Hope Dh nose is healing.

Jen - Yay on the teeth and double Yay that they haven't worried Jet. So when will you be trying for #3 sweet?

MG - So not what you mean about work after all your studies. That is another reason why I'm not sure if I will go back as I donlt know if there is any point in going back and then hopefully being pregnant pretty soon after going back. Will see how it goes with this new owner. We will be back in Perth by then so will see what happens.

Well my little monkey is asleep now, she had a restless night last night so I am going to have a nice hot bath and sit in front of the fire in my flanny pjs I love winter !!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast