Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #8

border collies rock... i have 3 of them, one of which jumped all over michelle yesterday.... SO SO SORRY MICHELLE
    oh by the way for those who have not met michelle she looks absouloutely gorgeous hard to believe she is mummy to TWO kiddies
    my daughter pulled her daughters hair like i knew she would and also decided to sit on bella.... go jemima thats the way to make friends.... hmmmmm

ok honest opinion............... could there be something 'wrong' with jemima or is it a 9 month thing......... jemima is FIGHTING BIG BIG BIG time sleeping mainly in her bed but also on me and all the things that ALWAYS worked..... night time is becoming an issue almost.... she does not want to know benji at all when it comes to going to sleep and he always used to do it she loves him for bath and everything else but sleep when she is clearly tired she just wants me to cuddle her and STILL she fights it or she goes to sleep and then the SECOND i put her in HER cot she SCREAMS.....
    ho hum this is mummyhood i guess
    i've FINALLY gotten her to sleep after an hourish this morning so i will go have shower before she wakes up!
    there was something iwas going to ask you jayne but now i have forgotten.... mummybrain i guess

Hey Kel. Awww! You're so nice! And no problem about your dog - that's what they're supposed to do! I'm sure mine jumped up on you when you came over, but of course, she's a LOT smaller! lol

I wished we had video'd Jem sitting on Bella's lap. It was sooo funny to watch! Jem looked so innocent and Bella's looking at her like "What the...?". Hilarious! Never mind, Bella's not been traumatised at all by the event! lol

As for grumpy babies, my wonder weeks book tells me that from 40-44 weeks, they're going through another "phase". It also says they're a lot more clingy to their mother.

It also says they might sleep poorly, and I can pretty much vouch for that after being woken at 2am!! It also says it might be harder to put them to bed, so there ya go! Jem's completely normal!

Gotta go - Bella's just done a really really really stinky poo!

mummycate Guest

I've missed a lot about Elouise this week. Like they way she'll take a bottle or go to sleep and such. I feel so guilty but I know I shouldn't. She definitely has two teeth now and they're just coming all the way up now. Centrelink soon... gotta print out my bank balances.

Have a great day ladies! xxxxx

SMYLIE - Yes, Border Collies are my FAVE too, we looked at going into breeding them at one stage, but then Miss Claudia came along. I eventually want some show dogs, I love the agility & obedience training & stuff, but of course that has to wait until the children are older. Oh no about Jem & sleeping. I remember Jessica went through stages as well, but she was so snuggly we'd just take her to bed with us & she'd be fine, but Claudia is very fussy going to bed like Jem is. Have you tried lying down with her & putting her on your boob (you're b/feeding??) & pushing her body right up against yours? I find that does the trick with Claudia in hours of need. Good luck for tonight Cherub!

I"m officially buggered! Jessica has gone to a friends place so I can pick up her birthday presents & finish her christmas shopping. My goodness my girls are spoiled rotten! I also got Claudia a picture with Santa. I'm sorry to say she looks as though 240V has just gone through her nappy. She wasn't impressed in the slightest! LOL.

Also, Claudia has learned to put her hands on her eyes to do peek-a-boo all on her own. She puts her hands up & is chuckling but forgets to take her hands away. It's the cutest thing out! & she is also waving to everybody who will look in her direction. So gorgeous!!!

We had a bad night last night with her ears, so I'm hoping tonight is better!

Love Jayne

Hi All,

Jayne: So cute about Claudia doing peekaboo, Quinn stands up holding onto the couch and bends down and then pops up it's so adorable. he does loads of other cute things but I can't explain them, like when you tap your hand on his mouth he goes ooooooooh and it makes a oo oo oo oo like an American Indian noise - if that makes sense...probably not. He is into absolutely everything at the moment and I am worn out trying to keep up with him!!

Cate; You are doing an amazing job!! I don't know how you do it!

Kel: Quinn has been the same - very clingy and wants me all the time, unless daddy's around to play with, but anything else it's me and it's tantrums until he gets me!

anyway having said all that - I am home alone (with Quinn asleep) and I am going to go and park myself on the couch and finish my glass of wine then go to bed early - ahh such a party animal!

mummycate Guest

Centrelink: well the decision will be made by monday and then my local office will send me a yay or nay letter. So its just a waiting game. I also talked to the child support agency and with their determinations, neither Terry nor I have to pay child support. If you earn less than $19000 a year, then you don't have to pay anything. But CSA do do lots of things to support parents. If I don't register with CSA Centrelink will only give me the minimum of parenting payment single. So its all ok. I was told if I earn less than $700 a fortnight then I get the maximum payment. Which is at least $300 a fortnight, I'm not sure of the exact amount.

Elouise got a lovely little denim short sleeved dress from her secret santa. It'll fit her probably in autumn.

Tomorrow is a girls day out (Ellie's with daddy)! My friend's partner is now my good friend too and we're going S H O P P I N G !!!! We're both excited as we hardly ever if not at all get to go shopping with a girlfriend. Last time I went out with one of my girlfriends, we had our bubs with us. And I kept thinking about how much things were costing. But screw it. I need to buy work pants that aren't maternity (under bump is now under floppy belly) and some casual clothes that make me look hot so I can meet a new man!

Yes, Tilly is a border collie of sorts - she's actually a "short-haired" border collie.... They are an official sub-breed, but many city vets don't recognise it.... essentially they were bred with kelpies to give them short hair... so she's black with some of the white markings but a little less and she's really skinny! And I'm glad to hear that other peoples border collies still jump - we haven't managed to train it out of her and don't think we ever will!!

I am soooo glad to hear others are having trouble with sleeping / settling! (that came out wrong... I'm not glad you are having trouble, just glad I'm not alone!)

DH and I are just about at our wits end with Monkey - she's been a nightmare to settle for day sleeps and at night for the past 2 weeks or so... its actually getting worse, but I worked out she's about 41 weeks..... I've always wanted to buy that wonder weeks book and maybe if I had i wouldn't be so stressed right now! I have never seen her so hysterical when it comes to settling and Kel, I so know what you mean.... things that used to work just don't anymore - it's been very distressing for everyone concerned. I really hope its just a developmental phase, because I need to know there is light at the end of the tunnel! I feel so helpless at the moment because CC is not for me and never will be no matter how bad things get, but all the help and love in the world hasn't been helping either lately. I still haven't rung any of those at-home help services (and Pinky hasn't replied to my email, but I understand she is inundated), because I don't want to waste my money getting advice that we don't believe in.....

Bring on 44 weeks!!!!

am going to bed so reply proper tomorrow sometimes BUT all this 41 week talk has just made me realise... they (our precious bubbas) have been OUT more than there were IN (except Pubert who decided to stay inside Ryn for longer....)

Happy "been outside more than inside" Week babies!!!!!!

Kel, you make me laugh! lol After my night out last night with a few old work mates, my precious little angel decided that a 1am feed was on the cards. Usually I'd just give her water and back to bed, but I didn't feel like fighting (and I had a few beers under my belt!) so FF it was! Needless to say, she went straight back to bed afterwards and "slept in" until 6.15am!

She refused to sleep at her normal time yesterday too - ended up sleeping for three hours in the middle of the day and so didn't get lunch until 2pm.

Loved your old kitchen photos too - nothing like your new kitchen, that's for sure! Make sure you brag to everyone about your cool new pantry - I LOVE it!

Catherine - I remember having to go to the CSA as well, otherwise they wouldn't pay me my full entitlement. That extra few hundred helps. Are you going to claim rent assistance too? Back when I claimed, I think I got around $100 a fortnight which helped a lot on my measly income at the time! Have fun shopping today! Woo hoo!

Jayne - aww that's cute with Claudia playing peekaboo and waving! We just get the waving - it ropes all the little old ladies in at shopping centres, let me tell you! I hope her ears clear up soon.

Kirsten - I know what you mean about the indian thing! We do it to Isabella and she thinks it's fun!

Kym - I'm so glad I got the WW book. I think I'd be at my wits end otherwise! At least there's a reason behind them being impossible. So this phase for our babies should end - with up to SEVEN WEEKS! ARGH!!!! At least there's an end...! I hope things settle down for you soon.

Better go and watch Dora with Bella - I think she's just realised stuff appears on the TV (not been interested til now). She's now dancing to the song they're singing - cute!

mummycate Guest

Yep I'm claiming all I'm entitled to. I can't claim RA until I have a place but I'll really see the bills after a few weeks.

I have one word for you Kym: LULLABUB. At mother's group yesterday someone mentioned something about a product that mimics car movement for the cot. These cup legs go under the four cot legs, and lift and fall in turn, rocking the cot! But I'll warn you, on ebay they're around $100 so only get one if you fell its really worth a try. I'm not sure where you get new ones, perhaps google it. Hope this helps! You poor darl. If you ever need to get out of the house, come over to mine. It doesn't worry me too much if she's unsettled here, I deal with more unsettled babies at work! Oh its not that bad, they just start each other off! I can even try to get her to nap, the way we get bubs to nap at work, and perhaps it could work for you all the time.

Gotta go, gotta see when medicare and post office shut.

CATE- That thing - Lullabub sounds COOL! Wow, they really do thing of everything these days! I reckon get everything you can out of Centrelink, everybody else does!! I was actually told that I should be able to claim some type of single mothers because Alan is based overseas for work. I'm not sure, I thought about going to the Centrelink Office, but I'd feel horrible saying 'My DH works overseas, can you give me more money?'. LOL. I should just ring them.

IMPATIENT- LMAO, don't they ALWAYS pick their moments, when you need that extra time to sleep it off & she decides she's having a feed! LOL. I have to admit, that when I don't feel up to fighting her back to sleep, I just feed Claudia, it gets us all back to bed quicker. But then of course they associate being re-settled with a feed. It's never-ending.

SMYLIE - Tell me about your new pantry? It sounds intriguing that's for sure. Is Jem being any better for you? Have you tried putting her in the pram next to you & giving it a little push when she stirs? I know it's starting bad habits, but anything to give YOU a rest is worth a go?

IMPATIENT - Last week @ Woolies I had no less than 3 grandmas & 1 Grandpa tell me what a beautifu little chicken Claudia is. Jessica pulls in the grannies as well because sometimes she wears her fairy dresses or her dress up dresses shopping & it goes complete with a tiara, wings & a fairy wand!! The oldies always love the babies, it's beautiful! Ah, Dora is great! How gorgeous that Bella is dancing! They have really catchy songs on there.

KYMH _ How are you going honey? Is Monkey still having a rough time with sleep? I wish I knew what to tell you. We have some odd bad nights, but nothing to what you're having. Are you sure she's not going something else going on? Tummy ache? Sore ears? Teething? Have you tried giving her some Panadol to try & settle her down? or even a drive in the car? Anything to stop her being hysterical, that is scary. hugs to you honey, I hope that everything settles down really soon.

KIRSTEND - Yes! I know the Indian thing. We do that with Claudia, she makes the most dainty little sound & my little nephew who is just 5 months just lets rip with it. It's funny to watch! YOu ARE a party animal having a glass of wine on your own! I don't feel so bad now when I have a midori & lemonade ot myself while I"m making dinner sometimes!

ME/US _ We have had another full on day. My weekends are just crazy just lately! Tomorrow my parents are coming down to celebrate Jessica's birthday (which is Wed), because my mum goes into hospital on Monday & will miss her party & her actual birthday. So that is exciting. I wanted to put the Christmas Tree up today, but 1) I have no idea where to put it this year with all the kids toys & 2) I have to wait until AFTER jessica's birthday otherwise she thinks Santa has been! LOL. Claudia has had a few accidents today. she'll be sitting there, or even standing up holding something & she will just tip backwards like a domino & fall flat on her back. I think this is a vertigo related thing re: her ears. She has never done it up until now though, so it's a bit upsetting. She also has been climbing up against the tv cabinet & twice she has jammed her fingers. So first chance I get I'm goign to have to go & get some type of babyproof things for there. It's just a weird cabinet to get them for, the way it's positioned. But I'll find something, even if I have to put those magnetic things on it. Also, she found the stairs today & proceeded to crawl up them, so I'm in need of a stair gate as well! Phew! So much to do!

I hope you're all having a wonderful Saturday night & for those of you with little ones who are having a hard time with sleep, I hope the z's are finding you tonight!

Love Jayne

new pantry has fancy smancy doors and inside some really awesome drawers down the bottom right hand side and HEAPS of space the drawers have my babyfood tins in the top drawer so you can get right to the back without being on tiptoes it is HUGE which is great coz my last kitchen had NO pantry, the kitchen is still not finished yet as soon as it is before and after photos will be in my gallery.....

jemima woke HEAPS last night and doesnt go to sleep for benji which is draining but tonight will be different - she went to sleep REALLY well at my mums place with my mum nursing her! and then we went to a party with her, we expected her to be asleep and probably do her "normal" wakeup about 10.30 instead she woke up at 7.30ish when we got there and then stayed awake until 11.30 when we left but she3 didnt even cry that she was tired, she just chilled out and layed on people and tried to eat the playstation microphone and was adorable! oh and ate heaps of cake, HEAPS of cake that could be a problem but we shall see, so she is obviously asleep now she slept when her head hit the carseat when we were leaving and didnt stir getting transferred into cot so maybe she will "sleep in" in the morning??

once she is asleep in the day it is ok, but the getting her to sleep bit has been frustrating, Kym I'm with you with the CC so we call it Controlled Whinging, ie we let her make some noise working herself out that she is tired but dont let her cry and scream as such.... so i know EXACTLY what you are going through.... jemima will not go to sleep if i am in the room if i am not cuddling her unless she is HEAPS tired or she has fed to sleep...

damnit again i had so much to reply to and now i have left it too late and have to go to sleep....

Thanks all for the support and suggestions. Things are really variable here at the moment..... there has been some improvement (usually when DH settles her), but every sleep is a new adventure, sometimes a good one, sometimes not!

And Catherine, thanks for the offer, will try to catch up soon....

I have heard of the Lullabub - saw it on the New Inventors actually! they are supposed to be fantastic, but something that I'd rather not get "reliant" on.... I have heard they are $250 new, but you can also rent them - a friend of mine was looking into it...

In saying that I don't want to get reliant on the lullabub, we do go for random drives in the car when it all gets too much (also a "bad habit" as some would put it, but I've given up on doing "the right thing"!!). I often question whether there is something medical going on, occasionally we do the panadol thing, often with little change, but at least then we know.

And Kel, it sounds like we do the whinging thing almost exactly the same way you do! I hope it will help her to learn that she's tired and what it's like to be frustrated etc.....

In other news.... I have mastitis - aaarrrgh! This is the 2nd time, but I have no idea how it happened really... I guess maybe feeding has been more up and down than I've noticed because I've been so focussed on the sleeping thing..... but when the going gets tough, the milk bar is open, so maybe to comfort Monkey I've been sending my body round the twist!!

This time is WAY more painful than the 1st time I had it, and I'm having huuuge trouble draining the breast at all and the GP has got me worried about an abcess forming if I can't drain it - I never knew it could get that bad.... oh well, not there yet.. just waiting for the a/b's to do their job and lots of feeding/expressing as well.

I've probably rambled for long enough. Hope everyone's wkend was good; ours has been fairly quiet, with me not feeling 100%, but we did manage to get the tree up today!

Oh, and Monkey is kinda, sorta, almost crawling!!!! She is now able to make some fwd progression, commando style, but I think that perhaps she won't ever be a big crawler, just do enough to get to things so she can pull up - she is starting to do that on me at the moment.

oh Kym that is awful! you poor thing!!!!!!!!! i hope you feel better soon, must be so hard, i have been SO lucky never had any problems so can not imagine the pain you must have, Mum said once it felt like your boob was going to fall off.... hmmm that doesnt sound like fun

Hi Girls,
    Kym - You poor thing. I hope the a/b kick in soon. Is your DH going to stay home and help you out a couple of days this week? Maybe with trying to feed Monkey after solids confused the boobies too as she wouldn't be drinking as much per feed...Well done on the crawling.

Jayne - Tobi is starting to crawl and get into everything now too. His favourite thing is opening and closing doors. Luckily he hasn't got his fingers yet like poor Claudia, but it is only a matter of time. When Tobi falls and lands on his but he still cries. He is such a sook....the peek-a-boo thing is so cute.

Lisa - How is your diet going? I looked it up on the Internet and it sounds awesome. How much does it cost if you don't mind me asking. I am trying hard and have lost 4kgs now, but still have a lot to go.

Catherine - How did your girls day go?

Sally - Are you still reading our posts. How is your little one going? We want to hear all about Brendan.

Who said it was there birthday on Wednesday (same day as Jessica)? Happy Birthday.

US- Tobi has joined the tantrum train. He must have heard it was the in thing to do and we too are now having trouble putting him to bed at night. During the day he is fine and goes straight to sleep, but at night, we are pushing 1.5hours usually. Nothing has changed, some routine etc. so I think Michelle must be right, it is an age thing. He is starting to wake up during the night again too. Last night I went in there and he had pulled the sheet over his face, poor little guy was so distressed.
    Have you guys noticed that they seem to be learning lots at the moment. Tobi seems to be doing something new everyday this week. We used to do the Indian thing on his mouth when he was crying in the car to lighten the mood a little and since then he has learnt to do it himself. He has worked out that if he does it, Daddy will always come running. He has moved on now though to smacking his lips fast together so they making a popping sound.

ME - I have been waking up feel like **** every morning. I really need a new pillow, but I want to try it out first. Do you know anywhere where you can lie down and try out the pillows like you can beds. I have bought so many pillows over the years and not liked them.

would they let you do that at captain snooze??

anyone in brissy check out the sunday mail - jemima is in the baby section!!! about time i sent her photo in about 4 months ago!

mummycate Guest

Oh nice Kel!

El has fights over playing versus having her milk. Its not like I can put it in the fridge, as its thickened. But today the woolies didn't have HAAR, so Terry got HA. She had a bottle, after fighting heaps, and drank it fine. Perhaps we'll be able to wean her off HAAR onto HA and then onto the ordinary stage 2.

Hey Tashie,

Yep still reading I've been very busy lately. Brendan is rolling all over the place now..... hopefully not long and he'll be crawling Still no teeth, but still teething (grrrrr) He weighs 7720gms and is 66cm long

Sorry for no personals, B wants to play!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast