Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #8

mummycate Guest

I will eventually take Ellie for Santa photos. Just going to be so dang busy. I've just started the process of applying for parenting payment single. So that took most of today, that and looking at real estate. I've put real estate on hold until I get the centrelink sorted. Otherwise my applications will be poor and I'll just be wasting my time. So my next day off is friday and that's another centrelink day. Once again I can't go to mother's group. Oh it bugged me last friday when everyone was busy but nobody emailed anyone that fact. So I kept that day free and then had no plans. Grrr! I know they're busy but they should just take a sec to email everyone. That's what I do. I hope I get to have some time to myself this w/e. Perhaps I'll just work my a$$ off in the gym.

Hi Girls,
    We are going to put our Christmas Tree up on the kitchen table. I wanted to put it up weeks ago, as I already have all the pressies wrapped, but DH wanted to wait until the 1st Dec, so Saturday it is. We don't actually have anywhere else to put it in our small house regardless of the fact that Tobi is crawling and now trying to climb and pull himself up onto things. Cheeky boy.
    I haven't been to the hairdresser in ages and really want to go, but have been worrying about what to do with Tobi. I was thinking about trying to time it with a nap. I have taken him to get a massage a couple of times and he cried all the way through it. Not the best way to relax.
    I am with you Ryn in relation to hair removal and prefer not to notice. I have always been bad in that regard though. DH doesn't seem to care though. I used to get Brazilian waxes, but now that I am married, there is no chance I am going through that pain unless I get flowers every time.
    As far as food. I am noticing that Tobi will go for more if I give him a mouth full of water in between mouthfuls. Helps the last one go down I guess. I made Shepherds pie tonight and he loved it.
    Finally got a play pen to go around the computer desk, so no more toe sucking from Tobi while I am on the computer and I might actually be able to sit on here while he is awake now. Which is a plus as I am very behind in paperwork etc. and having major body corporate issues with our unit in Brisbane. Being the chairperson isn't easy when you don't live in the same town!!!
    My man is away at the moment and I know that Tobi notices he isn't around at night. Today he picked up my phone and I asked him who he was going to call and he said 'Dad!'. How cute and clever is he. (It is his favourite word though).
    Lisa - Harrison has so much hair. It is so strange for me as Tobi has none. He is a cutie with all those curls.
    Michelle - I know what you mean in relation to naming ceremony. We aren't religious either, but I like the idea of god parents. I have always had them, so wanted Tobi to have them too. It can be a very hard decision to make. We also have heard that it can make it a lot easier to get into schools later on.
    Kirsten - How is your friend that lost her husband? (I think it was your friend, I get confused sometimes, you know...nappy brain)
    Hope you are all well and happy
    Take Care
    Tash

Thanks guys for food suggestions.... I like the idea of distraction (maybe it will prove i am still cleverer than her.... sometimes!!!) and water sips in between..... makes sense, Ta.

Mmmm...the playpen around the tree is definitely something I had thought of but was hoping to avoid more purchases - gosh i wish my careers advisor at school told me to get into the baby industry! Tree on kitchen table is good idea, but ours is big like yours, Ryn, so won't work for us.

Our sleep issues (very complex and boring for you all to have to read, so I'll save you the hassle) are really not improving, so I think we are getting to the point of an in-home consultant - sounds extravagant, but I am not into Karitane/Tresillian type places (sleep schools) and I need to find someone who might be able to give advice within our "no-cry" philosophy - am thinking of emailing Pinky McKay to see if she knows anyone in Sydney..... I will still check out the book you have recommended too, Tash.... I just feel like I've read so much and I know this isn't something that can be easily "fixed", but we just need some improvements!

Keep smiling..... (something I have to remind myself occasionally!)

my friend just had a naming ceremony at first birthday party for her little boy, was really good

babies with no hair for ages usually grow thick sometimes curly hair, i guess some would say 'better' hair??

we have sleep issues too, girl wont sleep unless i and only i cuddle her to sleep - starting to make benji and i 'fight' sometimes - NOT COOL - thats life though.

Hi All,
    I am SOOOO tired today - don't know why..??

Kym: I just boil the Quinoa, 2 cups water to 1 cup Quinoa for about 15-20 minutes. sometimes you need to put more water in though. It quadruples in size too. It's Quinn's favorite grain - he is having millet at the moment which he likes but not as much as Quinoa It is yummy - he eats it on it's own too, although I usually mix it with his veggies for him - or with some mango for breakfast.

Tashie: Yes it was my friend who lost her husband, she is doing really well considering, she is back at mother's group and seems really fine, which makes me think that maybe she isn't, but all people grieve in different ways.

We don't even have a tree, I think we will buy one at the post xmas sales for next year, we have xmas away from home this year anyway...and Quinn would only pull it down

Hi everyone

Oh Ryn, I hope you're feeling better soon... I have just got over bronchitis and I know what you mean about not wanting to keep DS awake with your coughing... thankfully Harrison adjusted to mine and slept through it.

Tash - Yep, Harrison sure does have a mop full of hair!! He is going for his 2nd hair cut soon... He was born with loads and didn't lose much, but it is now going curly... he gets the curls from my side of the family... the downside to having a baby boy with a gorgeous head of curls is that everyone thinks he is a girl!!! Very frustrating as we dress him in lots of blue, or navy blue or black and people still comment on what a gorgeous girl he is! lol. Madeleine on the other hand was born with tiny chicken feathers for hair, lost it all and didn't have Harrisons length hair until she was 2, and people never once thought she was a boy!

Kym - I hope you can find someone to help you out within Sydney. Would your ECHN have any suggestions for you? Sorry I can't help you out with any suggestions.

Kirsten - I hope you got to have a nap or a sleep... I have been having a few sleepy days too actually!! Must be the weather

Kell - The playpen suggestion is brilliant! I have never owned a playpen though, but I do remember Mum had one for when we were kids.

Catherine - All the best honey... I hope everything at Centrelink goes smoothly (can't see why it wouldn't though) and you're able to apply for housing asap... its a sucky time of the year to have to be doing all this though huh? I have my fingers crossed that something brilliant comes up for you.

Hi to anyone I've missed

Us - Well... DH and I have been sporadically applying for jobs in Newcastle... and all of a sudden, there have been lots of jobs in DH's field come up... 1 looks very positive, so fingers crossed something eventuates from it. I found a house I reeeeeeeeeeeally want to move into also... and the owner seems keen to have us there too... it is right behind a friend of mine too which would be fantastic. But, as I mentioned to Catherine, it is just a sucky time of the year, but in a way it is good, because the older kids can see out the year at their current schools, and start a new school year at a new school. So, fingers really really crossed that something eventuates, otherwise, we'll just keep plodding along here
    We have our Christmas tree up on an old table that usually holds teddy bears etc in Madeleines room (her teddies have found a new home on top of her wardrobe). Harrison loves the Christmas tree and constantly looks at the lights... he loves the decorations too... we have hung lights over his cot too... I will post a pic in the gallery soon.

Oh, I just remembered, Harrison has added 2 more words to his vocabulary... they are;
    Ok - I guess he gets that from the older kids... when we say "James can you do this" and he will reply "Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay" in the way that huffy 13yr old boys do when they're asked to do something. Harrison says it the same way!! lol

and the other one is Rob... that would be because of me. Harrison actually looks at his Dad and says Rob now... even though I refer to Rob as Dad/Daddy as often as I can anyway. Funny how much they pick up on isn't it?

Hi Girls,
    Tobi worked out today that if he pulls himself up he can stand watching TV with his hands on the screen. I swear he was trying to 'feel' Bear from Bear and His Big Blue House. It was very cute and I now have hand prints all over my TV.
    I put some more photos in my gallery, including the Christening Cake and the outfit that my Mum made from my wedding dress. There is one of me in there too. Do I look like how you thought I would? I know when I have been looking at your photos, no one seems to look the way I imagined.
    Anyway I spent so long posting photos, I have now run out of time.
    Hope you are all well and happy
    Take Care
    Tash
    PS. Still have cough and no teeth!!!

nice cake!!!!!

mummycate Guest

You think being a SAHM is tiring? Try looking after all the kids of those that work. Its exhausting. And then coming home to your very own cranky bub. Its very hard work. Not just sitting and playing. Its feeding solids to two at a time, each with their own bowl and spoon, getting bottles for them and feeding those that don't self-feed, changing nappies (older kids' poos STINK! I was gagging!) and charting sleeps. Putting kids to sleep is not easy. Its not, put them down and leave them. You gotta swaddle some arms in/arms out/on tummy/on back GOD! And pat their back or chest until they fall asleep. Then there's the crying. One starts and soon they all cry. It very hard work. And then you have some very insecure parents or career minded parents who take things too seriously or go over your head to the boss. Its like, treading on eggshells. Its not an industry that you get into if you're unsure of your career. I tell you what, babies are twice the work of 2-5 year olds. At least they can come to you and do heaps themselves. Yet for the moment I'm working with babies. And in between there's cleaning and laundry. So much cleaning and laundry! Its so much work. They want me to work five days a week after xmas, but I can't do it. Terry has uni mon and fri in feb, and I don't want to put El into childcare those days and then somehow figure out how to get her there and back, and have to look after her those nights after huge day at work and I'll only get to play with her and stuff on the weekend, meaning I can't do anything by myself ever. So I'll tell them no, I can only work those three days. I'll burn out if I work too much.

On another note, I'm going out with my only girlfriend who is not a mum on Saturday night. We're going out to meet people. We need new friends and hopefully I'll either meet a fella or meet someone who knows someone who I could meet. Coz I need to meet someone new. Not necessarily for a long term relationship, just for a nice casual friendship, some casual dates. What I've never had before. I fall for friends. This time I want friends and a man.

I'm buggered. 'Night ladies xxx

Have to be quick....

Thanks Kirsten for the Quinoa info.

And Lisa, all the best for the move to Newcastle... Do you mind if I ask where you are now? I go up the mid-nth coast quite often - my Dad is in Taree and my friends have properties around Nabiac and also way out at Mt George. I'm just being a nosy parker, so won't be offended if you don't reply!

Catherine, it sounds utterly exhausting - I do not envy you.... although, I am probably about to become one of those fussy, annoying Mums (although NOT career minded!!)

Tash, sooooo cute about the TV! Still no teeth for Monkey either........

'night all.

*** tip toes in, very red-faced ***

Hello Ladies,

I'm so sorry, I've been MIA, I just haven't had two seconds to myself just lately! I've been so busy with the girls, good busy, but just busy. I have even been out to restaurants at night with them! My goodness they have been so well behaved, I can't tell you how lucky I have been!

We are going great, just busy with the usual stuff - playgroup, swimming lessons & then there is organising Jessica's birthday, organising her party. Claudia still has double ear infections as well. I'm giving her nurofen morning & night & she won't go to sleep unless I cuddle her to sleep during the day, but she is sleeping well & still all through the night. She has made a sore in one ear from digging in it, she is pulling tufts of her hair out & banging her ears when we are driving int he car. So it is still giving her some trouble, but I think the Nurofen & the AB's are taking the edge of it. We see the ENT on Wed & he's already made a booking for grommet on 17 Dec.

Claudia is just doing beautifully, for a little girl who's got 2 ear infections, she's amazing. She is eating well, learning so many new things & best of all, Jessica has taken to reading her stories & they sit together for ages & play on the floor. Bless both their hearts! I LOVE IT!

I will do personals tomorrow, but I just wanted to tell you TASHIE that I too desperately needed a haircut, so I found a lady who had a home salon. Jessica wanted to come with me, but a gf offered to have Claudia & so I just took B1 & B2 would have been fine, she just played on my gf's floor & she didn't even pick her up the whole time I was gone! So maybe that is an option? I only had a cut though, well actually I had it hacked. But I needed it, my hair is falling out in clumps from feeding Claudia for so long. She said it would do it the world of good, & it feels really good. So there is a thought for you & Tobes?

Good night to all!

Love Jayne

Hello

Jayne - Poor Claudia for still being so sick and the 17th December is still so far away....I had a girlfriend who used to come to my home back in Brissy. A group of us girls would get together and make a day of it with snacks and drinks, but alas, now I have to find a new hairdresser and pay normal prices. I have been sussing out the hairdressers around here and a friend recommended one that the prices are pretty good. But with Christmas and everything, we only just managed to pay our credit card bill this month and I know next month is going to be just as bad, so I am putting it off as a luxury and not a necessity at the moment. I am hoping my Mum or someone will give me some money for my birthday (in Jan) and I can go and get my hair cut, a massage and pedicure.

Catherine - Sounds like your new job is tiring. I give you two thumbs up for working so hard and then coming home to a bub as well. At least El might not seem so hard now.

Kym - My Dad grew up in Bulahdelah and most of my relatives still live there. So I know where Taree is. Do you get up there much?

Lisa - Fingers crossed for job and house. Did you ever find out what was causing you the pain?

Kel - Naming ceremony at a first birthday sounds like a really great idea. Might keep that in mind for number two.

Us - Going to get Santa photos today, although I plan to get as many as I can between now and Christmas thanks to my local shopping centre having free photos if you spend $50 in any store. So that's where I am going to do my grocery shopping today.
    We went over to a friends place for dinner last night and they have a 6month baby boy. Tobi kept crawling over to him and giving him big kisses. It was so cute. I wish I had the camera on me!!

Have a great day everyone

TASHIE _ WOW, what a fantastic idea of having a girls day at home with the mobile hairdresser. That's a mint idea & something I'm going to think of later down the track. You could make it as organised or as laid back as you wanted! WTG Tobi on being such a sweetheart & sharing the love! How gorgeous is that??

MUMMYCATE _ I hope that you can keep your head above water honey, being the working girl & full time mummy. Good luck to you.

Big hello's to everybody else! Hope you & your babies are having a great day!

Love Jayne xox

mummycate Guest

Today was pretty good. Less babies, less work. So great day. Terry and I didn't fight at all so that's great. Perhaps we've gotten our frustrations out. My plans for a night out on Saturday have been cancelled. Now have been replaced by a day shopping with my mate. She just doesn't feel ready for a big night out meeting people, with her anxiety disorder and being on medication for it. But small steps. I did need to go shopping anyway, so it wasn't a compromise. I wanted her with me too, get a second opinion and some company. She's a good friend. Her partner is my best friend. And I've got a secret mission, to find out her ring size. He's been wanting to propose to her for some time but everyone around them keeps bringing the subject up and he feels she'll see it coming. So I'm the secret keeper. LOL. I know how he wants to do it, where he wants to take her on their honeymoon and now I have to find out her taste in jewellery. I already know she's a silver girl, like me. She'll notice what I'm up to though. I'm terrible at acting but I can at least get some clues out of her.

Tashie, I get my haircut from those cheaper quick salons. At Macquarie near the woolies is a hairdresser that's around $20 if you want a simple style cut.

Poor Claud! I feel her pain. Perhaps something cold pressed against her ears could help? Some ice water in a zip lock bag wrapped in a hanky might soothe her. I honestly don't know if it would help, just an idea. Could you carry her in a sling during the day for a couple of hours for her to nap? Perhaps the stroller in the living room?

I have Centrelink in the morning and mother's group Chrissie party afterwards. Will let you all know how it goes.

Love to all xxxxxxxxxx

Tash, I have a great hairdresser in Meadowbank if you would like details. But what might be even more appealing is my friend Katie, who you met at Rhodes that day a while ago uses a mobile hairdresser who comes to her place and I'd be happy to get her number for you....

I don't get up to Taree/Nabiac as often as I'd like - it's also where our dog was from originally and she loves it when we go to the farm and she can go crazy, rounding up cows etc...!

No other news from here, just plodding along....

mummycate Guest

Oh Tash, I meant to tell you ages ago that Mel was fine. She never thought you were rude, just buggered.

KYMH _ Is your dog a Border Collie by any chance? They are my FAVE breed of dogs. Unfortunately for us, we can't get a dog until Claudia is at least 4. Alan bought me a dog for my Wedding Gift & it was my absolute baby, I loved that dog to death, but it bit Jessica on her face when she was 11 months old. I look at the scar every single day of her little life & wish I had done things differently. We will get another dog, but not until Claudia is older.

CATE _ Alan suffered terribly with ear infections, he has had 23 ear operations in his life. One of which was removing his whole ear & reconstructing the ear canal & ear drum. Alan being able to SCUBA dive is a complete miracle. But anyway, his mum used to put a tea towel into the oven until it was warm & put it over his pillow & also rub Eucalyptus Oil along his jawline when she put him to bed. Claudia is too little to do that though because she could rub the oil into her eyes while she slept which would be BAD! So Nurofen for now & Auralgan ear drops when it's really bad. She is coping very well, but that's even harder because she is so used to having ear infections, that she thinks this is how she is 'meant' to feel. It's horrible. I'm glad to hear that you & Terry are being civil, that always makes life easier!

Love Jayne

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast