Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #9

Hello!

Wow! You lot can talk! Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes

I've been so busy with Chicken Pox then Christmas New Years, my birthday - etc etc etc - we all know how it is. Quinn is also getting more teeth - he has top 2 canines and the bottom 2 are about to pop through, his molars are also forming big bumps, 2 of them were purple for a while so we have those to look forward to as well!!!!!!!!!!!

I've read through every thing took me ages this morning and have only now just got a chance to get back on. so much is happening! Quinn will be 1 in 3 weeks! I cannot believe it!

Kel: re the losing things - Quinn lost one of his comforters a while ago at a shopping centre ad I was devastated, I ran back to all the shop we had been in a frantically searched for it, I think I was more attached to it than Quinn.

Sorry guys gotta go again! I finally got in here and now I'm off again - be back when I can

Hi all,

I've been reading but not much time for posting....

Monkey went well at family day care Tues and Wed last week - she loved it and was happy at all the dropoffs and pickups. But as suspected, she didnt sleep on the Wed afternoon, which was our first sleep test!! It's only the 1st time and the carer seems really cool about giving it time, so that makes me feel better for the moment..... Just not sure what is going to happen this week, as its our full "dress rehearsal" where she is going 2 full days..... that means she should be there for both her day sleeps......

On the up side I am soooo glad she seems happy with it all at the moment (I am aware this could just be the honeymoon period, but want to stay positive).

Oh.... and on the Wed afternoon on our way home in the car, ALL the way home, she kept saying "Alka" - the carers name!!! I swear, I may be interpreting a little, but I have never heard her use these sounds before - amazing how quickly they pick stuff up and I think she loves playing with the other girls there so probably was listening to them say the name.

To answer a couple of old questions.....

Kristy, we are basically doing 2 BF in the day, before b'fast and then before bed. But I am also feeding her most nights too, as this is our main settling method (the only one that is successful!!). In fact, last night was so ****e I gave her 2 "comfort" feeds - 11pm and 4am!!

And Kel, re: the cows milk thing.....my interpretation of advice given to me on the BF forums by Barb Glare from the ABA is that they don't really need cows milk at this stage if we are still BF and that they are getting all the nutrition they need in however many feeds they are having. I think what will probably happen is they will start to need their milk as the BF drops further.... I am doing similar to you, Monkey gets plenty of dairy in her diet with cheese, yoghurt and milk in her cereal. I am occasionally offering her some milk in a cup at lunch or afternoon tea if she seems particularly antsy/hungry, but she isn't interested in the slightest!

Oh, and though I haven't cried yet, I have been thinking about the fact that the end of BF is probably near and I just know that I will inevitably sob my little heart out the day we finish.....

Actually, when we spoke about it a little while ago, I had said to DH that I would be happy to continue 1 feed per day (but not those middle of the night ones!) until Monkey wanted to finish, which might mean 12, 15, 18 months or even a little longer, but he said that he thought that once she was over 12 months that she didn't really need it and he didn't like the idea of BF into toddlerhood for too long... so we made a comprimise that if she hadn't weaned herself by 15months then I would help her stop then.

Happy birthday for tomorrow Tash!

i was thinking today as well about bfeeding longer.... i always said as long as she wants it... but i am thinking i will encourage it at nighttime for as long as possible... havent spoken to benji about it yet.
    NO more overnight feeds!!! or if she does have one (ie 3am on friday night) then she doesnt have a morning feed or anything until bedtime so i am hoping that means more chance of AF coming back or us catching that first egg! BENJI IS SO SO SO CLUCKY! he even said so the other day!! he is cluckier than me!!! (he wants another girl)

happy birthday tashie.... tell me what time suits you and i will meet you at toombul on wednesday arvo

thanks for remembering my birthday kym. very sweet of you.

well we have managed to catch a few mice, but it turns out they are coming up through the air con vents from the garage and are getting into other people's units too. so i have to get onto the body corporate tomorrow.

last night we had the first test with tobi being put to bed by our babysitter. we got home just after tobi should have been asleep and could hear him crying from the street. needless to say tobi was not impressed that he was being put to bed by someone other than his mummy and i was not very popular when i went in to settle him. i ended up having to give him boobie to calm him down. something i haven't done in ages. our poor cousin was so upset and thought that he had done something wrong. no, our little man is just a mummy's boy.

anyway, thats all from me tonight. take care
    xxx

Happy Birthday Tashie! I hope you had a wonderful day! Hope you were spoiled rotten as well! Ummah, you nasty-pasty leaving Tobes while you guys went out!! LOL. I'm sure that he will get used to it, I hope your cousin isn't scarred for life!

Happy birthday Tashie!

DH is pushing feeding until the children (OK, just DS) leave home when I pointed out no AF meant I was OK to live with all month and that's because of BFing!

DS is walking really well now, he spent about half an hour toddling around this afternoon. I wish he were less clingy. Well, I don't really, but I was told this morning he is no longer welcome in Church and I have to put him in creche; he won't do that right now so I can't go to Church any more. Stupid me hadn't realised creche was mandatory and no-one wanted DS around!

Wow with the Quinn's teeth! DS still just has 6 (4 top, 2 bottom) and that's enough. Don't need him vampiring me!

DH has agreed to put DS to sleep after his feed every night, as I do all the overnight ones. I just can't do it at that time as we've been walking round all day, dancing, singing, reading, playing... going to Church (oh, but that's got to stop now). So he's doing it like a pro already! The star.

Hey Ryn, yay for DH starting to do more with Liebs!! And yay for the walking!

I know a couple of bubs this age walking, but I think you are still in the minority/very clever class!

And that is a shame about your church - don't want to sound too judgemental, but that doesn't sound like a very family-friendly / inclusive church....

i am wondering if my rev wants me to keep jemima away from church, i dont think so coz i know he wants me there but she has started to sing her own hymns when no one else is singing.

jemima's cousin is walking quite a bit as well jemima wants to walk too fast so hasnt figured it out yet pulls us around when we play that game but is not up and down stable

kymmy - monkey will sleep at daycare and will love it, sounds like the carer is lovely and that is the main thing

KYM _ Like Kel said, Monkey will get used to it, it's amazing what they do in the company of other people. Remember how in 1 day she can say the carers name? Incredible.

KEL _ What a bugger with the clip, you will just have to buy more now! LOL> I'm trying to find a cute clip to go with the lime green & purple fairy dress I bought for Claudia's first birthday.

RYN _ Have you tried the creche? I think it's worth a go, you enjoy going to church & you never know, in time Liebs is going to enjoy the creche, I'm sure of it!

ME _ In a rush, Jessica is next door & Claudia is asleep. I'm just doing some stuff online & then going to tidy up before heading over to my sisters place. Staying there for dinner tonight.

OH yeah, I forgot to say, Claudia can do 6 steps now! WOO HOO!

hey jayne
    claudia is awesome six steps!! i had a nice clip by accident for jemima's christening it was yellow and green crochet one from that same ebay chick
    i have decided jemima is going to wear her denim skirt and a carebear shirt on her first b'day it is carebear themed, i was thinking fairy/garden theme as i LOVE those things myself but jemima has always been carebears and retro things, lots of butterflys but i'll save that for her second birthday unless it gets overdone this year by everyone else (everyone i know has a babygirl...)
    i am making jemima's invites now.........

i have just lost ANOTHER hour of my life, in the day time if we are not out and about jemima takes ONE HOUR to go to sleep and if i try and put her in the cot to self settle she takes even longer, i think i will go and cry about it as it is so frustrating but i DONT want to let her cry to sleep, i just dont think i would personally like that

on a lighter note i made meringues for the first time today so i hope they are to benji''s liking HE LOVES them but i only just found out he loved them..... i cant believe my new oven didnt toast them like it has most other things modern fancy smancy thing i was used to my 50year old one.....

mummycate Guest

Huge personal crisis atm. Sorry, going to be lurking and skim reading. I have mediation and possibly court so I just need to relax and think.

Hi Girls.

CATE - So sorry you have some problems, know we are all here for venting/advice etc.
    KEL - Yummo on the meringues !!! Go you little Martha Stewart. Can't Beleive we are talking about 1st Birthdays, haven't yet decided with Erin whether to do a family thing or friends as well. As we have just moved in we have no paving, lawn etc so would have to find somewhere to have it.
    JAYNE - Yay on the 6 steps. Erin has just started standing on her own for a few seconds. If you are ever down Armadale way hon, let me know as I would love to catch up.
    RYN - I think it is a little sad in the way that he Liebs has to go in to creche . I feel Church should be about embracing children not shutting them away IMO.
    TASHIE - Happy Belated Birthday sweet. I use dto get heaps of mice in the house in the country we were in. I caught 10 in one day after we had been away for 2 weeks. They had eaten through my wool underlay in the cupboard, a wheatbag even a tampon !!! Crazy Mice.
    KYM - I will proably start doing a similar thing with Erin's feeds. She has 3 a day. Last night was the first time she had woken up at night for ages, so I was so tired I just gaver her a quick feed and she was back asleep in 5 mins. That is what scares me about stopping BF, that you don't have the magic sleep potion right on tap like that!! How is it like being back at work, what sort of work are you doing?
    Kirsten - bugger about ther Comforter. Erin is always throwing things out of her pram. IS Quinn over the Chick pox now?

Have made a appt to see the preist on Thursday to discuss getting Erin Christened. Am just going to have our immediate family and the god parents as again, with no backyard yet it is hard to have anything back at our place as there would be so many kids. Had to go and have a follow up pap smear as my one after having Erin had abnormal cells, common after having a baby. My Dr said she thinks it would be hard for me to fall pregnant whilst still BF but guess no harm in trying. I was going to ber very casual this time, but couldn;t help myslef and bought some OPK off Ebay !!!

Well better get some things down whilst Erin is sleeping xxx

have heaps to say but have to go on walk BUT want to be shot down by you guys first so i have comebacks when i get shotdown at mothers group in the morning

jemima's fave snack of the moment is cheeseballs or cheese and bacon balls or cheezels -you get the picture.... please now attack my judgement as a mother and tell me why this is bad
    thanks
    mwah

Sorry, Kel, can't help, DS likes cheesy puffs! I am trying DS in creche this morning, but he doesn't like it. At least I'm easy to find during the week when he kicks off! He loves singing too, but during the hymns (and he loves dancing to them too) and he does join in a little with prayers, but not much as I shush him or ricecake him. I'm just so upset I'm thinking about leaving the Church. I don't feel welcome anywhere my family isn't welcome.

mummycate Guest

I'll explain everything later. Too emotionally exhausted to keep getting into it.

KEL _ I don't know if you remember but Jessica had gastro in NOvember & the only think I could entice her to eat again was those cheese & bacon balls & claudia just about does a cartwheel to get some. So I am a bad mummy too! The kids absolutely love those & they love the Chicken Crimpy's as well. I was thinking about you today when I was giving Claudia her lunch, she is loving Macaroni Cheese. I know that Jem is a fussy pants with her food, so maybe the macaroni cheese is something to try? I love 'themes' for birthday parties, Jessica's first birthday party was a butterfly theme. Butterfly invites, butterfly balloons, all the kids were asked to wear butterfly wings, butterfly birthday cake. Butterfly lolly bags. I loved it! But I've no clue what to do for Claudia's first birthday. Carebears is cute! I love the carebears. Jessica is getting into carebears atm. I'm going to check e-bay for some 1st birthday invites, because I"m thinking of just doing everything 1st birthday, like invites, balloons, cake in the shape of a 1, napkins, plates, etc... I've got to check that ebay woman to see if she has a clip that will match claudia's fairy dress.

RYN _ I was going to suggest to you are you happy going back to that church when they told you Liebs wasn't welcome at the church anymore unless he went to the creche. Do you go to Church every day? I'm not a religious person at all, but I don't think it's very christian like to shun a family member like that.

KRISTY _ I'd love to catch up too! Where abouts in Armadale are you? Far off the Freeway? I only know Armadale Road. I used to know Forrestfield a bit, but that was a little while ago. Oh wow with the OPK's!! I guess you can't be sure, I think it's great that you're TTC again! BTW Erin looks so much older in that ticker pic than what she is!

ME _ Well nothing new to report here, been out a lot today. Went to visit a friend today, then over to my sisters after lunch. Her little boy - 6m is having some sleep issues & my sister had the CHN coming out for a chat & my sister wanted me there for moral support. The nurse wasn't much help, but was nice for the kids to play. Claudia had a ball as usual. Both kids were very well behaved. My niece was a total ratbag! Was nice to see another child get into trouble for once, as it's usually always Jessica doing wrong! I've been riding every morning with the kids in the caravan behind the bike. It's been great & I feel more energetic. Went to the beach for a few hours on Sunday too & had a big walk so I'm getting moving & I'm hoping the kg's start to fall off!

Love Jayne

Hugs, Cate, I hope everything works out soon.

Jayne, I don't go to *Church* as such every day, but Monday and Thursday are Bible studies and Tuesday and Wednesday the Church runs playgroups, so we go there. IKWYM about exercise, the Church is a mile away - well, somewhere between 1km and one mile - and walking there and back has been great for me. It was another ember of the congragation so I'm going to call the Church and find out their official policy - and apologise to the curates, whose services DS has been toddling around in. Mostly to see what they say, but also if I have created a problem I want to apologise as I did not intend to.

DS still hates creche, I tried him in there 3 times today, and I feel awful for trying to push it. I know I have to go back to work in 5-6 weeks, but I don't want DS to suffer. And why should he? Oh, I'm just so upset because I feel we're not welcome anywhere now.

jayne - i am going with retro carebears BUT i very almost went with pink and white 1st birthday carebears for jem's party which reminds me i gotta get the napkins and stuff ordered, i have cups and plates and some big balloons in carebear shapes but not the banners and stuff but you should find them on ebay and think about it it has lovealot bear as the carebear and says 1st birthday on everything, cute as and special..... type in CARE BEARS GIRLS 1ST B'DAY PARTY SUPPLIES coz it doesnt come up under anything else and only comes up when you scroll down heaps to ebay sellers and they have everything

been fighting EVERYONE lately seems i am getting a bit sick of doing EVERYTHING for jemima and feeling like NOONE is doing anything for ME so i am feeling selfish at that and expecting benji to just read my mind and know what i want
    he is doing so so so much so i am feeling awful for feeling so selfish
    had massive fight with new best friend or more exactly i made her cry and if he could benji probably would have the kind of crap i've been on about lately
    i have a permanent stress headache prob coz i am thinking if i keep this up i will have no friends - not a cool way to start 2008
    at least my baby loves me

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast